RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:46 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Giving us Ba on loan means helping us without getting anything in return even weakening his side, of course he would decline to do that. But if you offer a good transfer fee for Lukaku, which Mourinho could use for a player he actually wants to have in his team, he'll give his OK like any sane man would do and like he did for Mata.

Two different situations really.

This is all considering Mourinho doesn't want Lukaku at Chelsea next season, which looks like is the case but we have to wait for official confirmation stillm
Well I'm pretty sure we offered a few million as part of the loan, but I get where you're coming from. Mata went to United who were poverty last season anyway, and United had already played Chelsea twice so he would also help take points away from other teams.

Maybe that played a small part but Mourinho isn't so shortsighted as to sell a major player based on a couple months of play. They were genuinely satisfied with the amount of money given that the player didn't fit Mou's criteria.

So if the same goes with Lukaku, he has a price.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Glory Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Mourinho so far has treated Lukaku like shite. So its very likely he will allow him to leave.

btw as far as Chicharito is concerned Smile yea you guys can take him if you want. He deserves more than what he is getting with us. Much better player who is even below welbeck as far as the pecking order is concerned for us. :facepalm: So being a huge fan of the pea I want him to do well and get more minutes.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:02 am

“Arsenal are a fantastic club,” Mino Raiola [Balotelli's agent] told Sky Sports. “Will a transfer happen? Anything is possible.”
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:43 am

Was thinking about the Cazorla rumors, which very possibly have nothing in them, but still - he did say something about how nobody knows the future, and perhaps Arsenal see his new long-term contract as an opportunity to get a bigger transfer fee than they otherwise would.

This is all just speculation but bear with me.

Let's say Arsenal got a wide forward, particularly a guy who plays on the left (e.g., Griezmann). And let's say Joel Campbell comes in as someone who can play across the front three but especially on the right. Then let's say the Ox retains his versatility but is moved into more of a central role as Wenger has indicated he envisions the player's future there ...

ST: new signing?, Giroud, Sanogo
LW: new signing?, Poldi
RW: Theo, Campbell, Gnabry (maybe)
AM: Ozil, Rosicky, Ox
CM: Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby (ha)
DM: Arteta, Flamini, new signing?

I would hate to see Santi leave, for a lot of reasons, but if both a LW & a CF were signed, it isn't difficult to imagine, at least, a scenario where the club shuffled personnel and Santi's departure helped defray the costs of both improving the squad overall and retaining a very well-stocked midfield.

Just some idle conjecture for the hell of it.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:44 am

Di Marzio says mourinho put a 40 mil price tag on Lukaku Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:07 am

We've already got to sign about five players; no point selling Cazorla if we don't have to.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:27 am

I also read that Santi seemed to be considering his future but am totally against it.

Like Jay said, we need to add right now, why would we even consider selling one of our most talented and versatile players?

They'd have to offer us something outrageous to consider it and last I read, Atletico were hesitant at €20m.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:28 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Di Marzio says mourinho put a 40 mil price tag on Lukaku Laughing

Came to post that here Laughing

This is what you get for refusing to pay €32m for Higuain....
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:47 am

After that 1st half, his price just dropped to 10 mil Smile
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:51 am

Absolutely useless with the ball at his feet, what a clogger and people moan about Giroud's touches on the ball  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:54 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Di Marzio says mourinho put a 40 mil price tag on Lukaku Laughing

Came to post that here Laughing

This is what you get for refusing to pay €32m for Higuain....

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Quote-of-the-Week-Arsene-Wenger-800_2349744
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:56 am

it's pretty clear that lukaku is crap in a possession based team. i didnt get to watch everton in games where they were in control and had to do something in possession, but it's hard to imagine how he will be a difference maker for you guys. he has much to learn in terms of movements to support the offense when little is happening. disappointing stuff i am seeing there.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:00 am

Croatian press think Mario Mandzukic is most likely to end up at Arsenal.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/17/mario-mandzukic-return-croatia-naked-ambition?CMP=twt_gu
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:04 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:it's pretty clear that lukaku is crap in a possession based team. i didnt get to watch everton in games where they were in control and had to do something in possession, but it's hard to imagine how he will be a difference maker for you guys. he has much to learn in terms of movements to support the offense when little is happening. disappointing stuff i am seeing there.

In Everton, he has Baines & Coleman who crossing/ overlapping machine and with Belgium, he has 9 lump of chocolate behind him, I've never seen a team of supposed super talents moving ball this slow.

His hold up/link up play is not Giroud level, more physical and aggressive though but 40m lol
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:48 am

MJGunner wrote:Croatian press think Mario Mandzukic is most likely to end up at Arsenal.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/17/mario-mandzukic-return-croatia-naked-ambition?CMP=twt_gu

ugh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:04 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:it's pretty clear that lukaku is crap in a possession based team. i didnt get to watch everton in games where they were in control and had to do something in possession, but it's hard to imagine how he will be a difference maker for you guys. he has much to learn in terms of movements to support the offense when little is happening. disappointing stuff i am seeing there.

Yeah he's not a fit with a possession team. He's not bad when he has the chance to run at defenders one on one, but he's not that good at operating in the crowd
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:11 am

Out of curiosity, who is everyone hoping ends up as our ST signing?

Of the names we're linked with: Mandzukic, Balotelli, Benzema, Lukaku, Jackson Martinez, Loic Remy.

Now, not all of them are possible or likely but in a perfect world where we can sign any one of those we've been linked with, who would be your choice?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:21 am

Benzema, Lukaku, Remy, Mandzukic, Martinez.... Balotelli

In that order.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:34 am

Of the players we can realistically get.. Because of recent reports I think Benzema is off the table. He wants to stay at madrid, and wants crazy high wages. The only way we get him is if we offer crazy high wages like in the 240k range as well which we wont. And if Chelsea wouldn't loan us Demba Ba, they certainly won't sell us Lukaku.

So I'd say

1)Balotelli
2)Jackson Martinez
3)Mandzukic
4)Don't care anymore
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:06 am

MJGunner wrote:Out of curiosity, who is everyone hoping ends up as our ST signing?

Of the names we're linked with: Mandzukic, Balotelli, Benzema, Lukaku, Jackson Martinez, Loic Remy.

Now, not all of them are possible or likely but in a perfect world where we can sign any one of those we've been linked with, who would be your choice?

1. Benzema (easy 1st choice by some distance)
2. Martinez
3. Mandzukic
4. Lukaku
5. Remy
6. Balotelli

On another day I might switch a couple of the players around. I don't feel really set in stone. Balo is lowest not because he's the least talented, but because he'd be the biggest gamble on morale, team chemistry, consistency, etc. I do admit there's a "marquee" element about him that would be more exciting than, say, Mandzukic or Remy ...

Just in case some big Puma/Balo transfer happens this summer, though, I'll do my best to be optimistic about it.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:11 am

I may not be keeping up with Milan well enough but I don't think Balotelli's been as disruptive or plain stupid as he was in his City days.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:55 am

Benzema or Balotelli.

Benzema is unatainable.
Balotelli has his mental handicap.

The rest do not improve on the current squad. Not the TOP TOP TOP quality Wenger talks about being interested in.

Chealsea will not sell us Lukaku.
Don't see AFC paying for an unproven, aging and expensive Martinez.
Mandzukic is slightly better than Giroud but the same type of player.

So we will probably end up with Remy.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:57 am

Ochoa, the free agent, putting on a clinic in Brazil. Stunning saves left and right.

Gah, there are so many decent keepers that are/were free agents yet we're linked with £5m moves for Reina and £10m for Marshall?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:58 am

Saw a Chech rumor somewhere also. It was worth a quick laugh.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:43 am

Holy *^%#

Sign Ochoa. Nao pls
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:55 am

Has to be one of the best individual GK performances I've seen in a while, or ever actually.

Saw Wenger afterwards with the Arab pundits beaming haha.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next