RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:48 pm

l don't get it either.

We just sold Vela for 20m. Puma kit deal just started, combined with refreshed Emirates deal, nobody makes more off of kits in england..No more stadium debts, and the most expensive tickets in the world.

Our needs are glaring and obvious. Sign a top quality 9 and a %&$#ing class Defensive midfielder already.

Sanchez, great.. but he is a luxury. l want him in addition to big upgrades in needed areas, not at the cost of it.

lf all we do is sign him plus Diame, remy and midtable club bench warmers l swear ughghhhh.. Just get the players we actually need.

We have the money ..we don't need to replace anyone this isn't rocket science. What is the bleepin' hold up.

Manchester United just spent 30m on a 19 year old left back ffs. lf they go right back up and finish above us next season lm going to jump off a bridge. Yeah its excessive.. But they viewed him as a player that would help upgrade the quality of an area of need, and they said damn the cost, and got him. We need to do that. lf we are serious about winning we should be spending 70-90m this window. Theres no reason as to why the club can't either. The money is there. We don't need to do that every window.. but we still have never replaced certain players that left, and that, plus our depth NEED to be addressed. Just splurge this one time Wenger. lts necessary this time around.

Maybe its early to be frustrated.. but a lot of things lm hearing just make me feel like we aren't going to address what is actually needed to push us over the edge. Our competition all seem to be making the big moves and improving in lacking areas, when we just sit back and do weirdly conservative nonsense.

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:why do you have a lot of money and you want to sign players under the radar aka not good enough?

Nah, it was just an exercise in shits & giggles, for speculative fun, based on Wenger's tendency to sign unheralded and underrated players alongside more established names. No more than that. Given that the market for big DMs seems so limited, I just fished around for some out-of-the-blue names we could hypothetically see linked.

Nothing against a big signing. I've gone on record in full support of getting the likes of Luiz Gustavo, Javi Martinez, or William Carvalho if any of those guys are feasible ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Need I remind that we built the greatest team in the nation on players who "flew under the radar"?

Why do you think throwing money at the problem is going to solve anything? What signing Jackson Martinez for 35mil is going to save us?

You can look at City and Chelsea and think paying heavily inflated salaries, transfer fees and under-the-table "gifts" is our solution.. but firstly, we are not as rich as City or Chelsea.. secondly, I would urge you to look at how throwing millions of pounds away on over-priced players has been working for Liverpool and Spurs.

As for our striker.. I would be happy enough with someone like Remy or Bony if we can get someone like Sanchez and Khedira. I don't agree that we are doomed if we don't sign an out and out striker that's better than Giroud.

Debuchy
Khedira
Sanchez
Bony/Remy

Those are signings that really strengthen our squad. Giroud will be more effective with Walcott and Sanchez making runs off of him, and his inconsistencies would be covered by Bony/Remy and push both further through the competition. Plenty of striking options in Poldi, Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud and Remy/Bony

The fact is I suppose, there are only about 25 capable lone strikers in the world who you can unquestionably say are better than Giroud. Unless you're Barca, Real, Bayern or Manchester United or have an owner who buys Bugatti's for their stars birthdays.. there's not a lot that you can do about it.

Benz is out.. Balo is out.. Costa out.. That leaves us with... Huntelaar? Remy? Bony? Martinez? Hernandez/Verm swap deal? Morata?

Are any of them really significant improvements on Giroud? Debatable. So we should just accept that unless we sign Balo, we are not getting an improvement on Giroud. I want a top number 9 too, but I don't understand why you feel it's so easy.

My one criticism against the club is that we seemed to stuff up the Higuain deal.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Another way to look at it.. If Mourinho didn't cockblock the Ba deal... we may well have picked up the extra few points needed to stay in the title race.

I'm one of Girouds biggest critics and want a proper class 9 as much as anyone.. but am coming around to the idea of dealing with a second striker like Bony, providing we make exceptional signings like Sanchez in other areas.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:42 am

Mundo Deportivo plaster their front page with the headline that Liverpool want a cash-only deal for Suarez and that Arsenal are in pole position to land Sanchez.

I don't know what their deal is or why they'd think LFC would reject Sanchez..?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/alexis-sanchez-may-go-to-arsenal-after-liverpool-only-want-cash-from-barcelona-for-luis-suarez-mundo-deportivo/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:08 am

When Cabaye was suspended against Ecuador, Deschamps played Schneiderlin in that role over Rio Mavuba.... that means that Deschamps thought he was better than Rio Mavuba. You guys may not know Mavuba well since he plays for Lille... but he's pretty darn good to me. So getting Schneiderlin is going to help. Against Ecuador, he was the player that ran the most for both teams. He's a DM with good range and a high work rate. Why overpay for a DM unless he's Makelele or De Rossi? There aren't any of those around. And i would NEVER pay over 30 mil for a DM anyhow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:56 am

Debuchy has removed "NUFC" from his Twitter bio.

Make of that what you will.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:10 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10943227/Arsenal-planning-Chile-double-swoop-as-Arsene-Wenger-targets-Arturo-Vidal-and-Alexis-Sanchez.html

Vidal is also of interest to Manchester United, but Juventus have made it clear that they want almost £40m. That could make Wenger look elsewhere, with Luis Gustavo, Sami Khedira, Lars Bender and Morgan Schneiderlin all among his potentially cheaper options.

I was under the impression that Juve wanted to keep Vidal and Vidal wanted to stay at Juve, end of story. And that he's worth a ton. Were there really any indications that he's available on the market for as "little" as £35-40m?

Ramsey-Vidal all-action double pivot supporting Sanchez, Walcott, Özil, and, er, Giroud. Proud  drinking 
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:01 am

Vidal has been linked away since he dodged questions asking if he'd stay at Juve. Basically said what anyone who's thinking of moving would say.

"We'll see after the World Cup."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:47 am

fwiw, we're now linked to Vidal too, again Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:14 am

We have been linked with enough players Wenger should make up his mind. No point waiting till deadline day when quality of players being linked are good enough. You can't really get any better.

He should make the signings and let them have proper pre season.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:21 am

I don't get how being linked with a player by the media or IBAs is an indicator that Wenger should sign him up asap. :/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:23 am

srigooner wrote:I don't get how being linked with a player by the media or IBAs is an indicator that Wenger should sign him up asap. :/

important point, to be printed out and put on the wall during transfer silly season.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:37 am

srigooner wrote:I don't get how being linked with a player by the media or IBAs is an indicator that Wenger should sign him up asap. :/

Quality is the indicator?

Agent and player quotes are indicators?

Other parties involved is an indicator?

Anyways

What I am saying is we have already so far in this transfer window linked with enough quality players that IMO would improve the squad.

So

Instead of waiting any longer arsenal should sign them up and give them proper pre season in order to integrate them with squad, provided that I don't think we would have any other major quality players linked with us which are better than what we have already been linked up with.

Linked up usually occurs when agents players etc leak info to media etc which usually results in the transfer

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:08 am

Real talk now: How do you guys think a Ramsey - Vidal midfield would work?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:21 am

I'm having a deja vu reading the last posts (mine included)!
Seriously! A proper deja vu.
There must have been a 'similar' sequence in january hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:04 am

El Gunner wrote:Real talk now: How do you guys think a Ramsey - Vidal midfield would work?

Fellaini is available, will cost less than Vidal. He is the brute we need to fix our defensive midfield. He is a physical beast, six foot something quite imposing. He won't let the likes of Ramsey and Santi get kicked to bits  :coffee: 

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=36043
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40