The Franchise
Adit
Valkyrja
Robespierre
Onyx
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official: Rakitic to Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: Rakitic to Barcelona

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:02 am

Kick wrote:Damn, we're getting Cesc and Barca are replacing him with Rakitic? Why didn't we just try sign Rakitic?

Does this mean they won't sign Koke?
Why would Atleti sell to us if they're getting money from the Costa sale?

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Official: Rakitic to Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: Rakitic to Barcelona

Post by Kick Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:05 am

I was under the impression that you were selling Cesc so you could buy Koke.

Also, I don't think it's Atleti that want to sell, I think some of their players may just force their way out.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:39 am

Kick wrote:I was under the impression that you were selling Cesc so you could buy Koke.

Also, I don't think it's Atleti that want to sell, I think some of their players may just force their way out.

i think that was the case too, but his buyout clause is like 60m and atletico have no reason to sell and he also has no reason to want to leave.

Rakitic was Barca's second choice apparently after koke signing failed.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:41 am

Fair enough.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:48 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I am fairly confident he can play with Iniesta. He may have waken people to his ability by scoring goals and getting assists, however what stood out more to me was his ability on the ball, playing passes, receiving under pressure to add to his dynamism and general energy.
By
26, in his prime, i'd be satisfied and quite hopeful for him to do well.
Wouldn't you prefer Modric? I like Rakitic more but it seems to me that Modric fits the profile of the kind of footballer we're looking for better.

Croatia with dat goat midfield of Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic. Get the upset against Brazil pls :pray:

Barca should have gone for Modric at the time he was at spurs when they were obsessing with Fabregas transfer
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:07 am

Adit wrote:Barca offered higher wages it seems. 8 mill euros is definitely over the top wage for him..that is how it works in this competitive market though.

The € 8M that BILD is reporting is GROSS. In Germany we always talk about gross wages. There is no chance he's getting offered higher wages than Neymar whose wages already caused controversy and forced the club to up Messi's wages again - and Nerman is officially on € 7M.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:43 am

8m wages is a lot, but if you want quality, you need to pay quality.. either through one way or the other.

It's still a steal.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:53 am

Natalie Portman wrote:It's amazing how people always mention transfer fees and not the wages. 8m/year is A LOT. Good signing though.

They're going to pay him 8 million a year?!?

Damn, Rakitic is getting that Justin Beiber money..
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:26 am

Fußball wrote:
Adit wrote:Barca offered higher wages it seems. 8 mill euros is definitely over the top wage for him..that is how it works in this competitive market though.

The € 8M that BILD is reporting is GROSS. In Germany we always talk about gross wages. There is no chance he's getting offered higher wages than Neymar whose wages already caused controversy and forced the club to up Messi's wages again - and Nerman is officially on € 7M.

Feel this needs to be quoted to stop others coming in discussing the 8m lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 am

Why didn't we try harder ffs. 15 million ffs 15 bloody million for a quality player

meanwhile we will go and buy a back up for over 30 million :facepalm: story of our club
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Why would Atleti sell to us if they're getting money from the Costa sale?

they wouldn't have a choice if barcelona triggered his release clause... the major obstacle to getting koke would be his willingness to go tbh, not the transfer fee

still though, give it two years until simeone is gone and that team will disintegrate
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:41 am

**** sake.

Rakitic 15m Euros.
Cesc going for around 35 Euros.
Lallana is apparently 25m+ POUNDS because the "markets inflated and nobody comes cheap".....................

Profanity is not allowed, Asterisking one letter does not change that - Kick

Last edited by Kick on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Profanity removal)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:42 am

dat homegrown status doe
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:47 am

We'll end up spending around 80m+ this window, and watch Liverpool fans claim Chelsea/City for "buying the league". :S
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:48 am

che wrote:dat homegrown status doe

Cesc counts as homegrown for us.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:53 am

oh right, i thought the rule was three years before 19, not 21
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:56 am

Cesc for 27m or Lallana for 25m.

I know who I'd choose.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I am fairly confident he can play with Iniesta. He may have waken people to his ability by scoring goals and getting assists, however what stood out more to me was his ability on the ball, playing passes, receiving under pressure to add to his dynamism and general energy.

26, in his prime, i'd be satisfied and quite hopeful for him to do well.
Wouldn't you prefer Modric? I like Rakitic more but it seems to me that Modric fits the profile of the kind of footballer we're looking for better.

Croatia with dat goat midfield of Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic. Get the upset against Brazil pls :pray:

Look who he plays for, how could we get him?

Even if he was still at Spurs, wouldnt prefer him. Still dont think he is any better than I thought of him previously.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Rakitic will undergo a medical in Brazil in the coming days, according to Sky Italia.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:12 am

After Alberto Moreno Rakitic should go, but here President José Castro looks different mood. For now, the intention of the chief executive is to leave very clear that Barca have to pay more than 20 million euros. Otherwise, there will be no sale

http://www.muchodeporte.com/sevilla_fc/20948/en_liverpool_esperan_ya_a_alberto_moreno/
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:49 pm

I really like this Rakitic move if it goes through. It feels like a Laporta move in getting the best player for the system not a big name / big money signing to keep up with Flo Perez's spending and appeasing the wrong areas of the fan base.

Hopefully we don't revert back to that by signing Marquinhos for 40 mill. As IMO he is way overrated.

IMO Rakitic fit's like a glove for what we need him to do. He is versatile, a lot faster than people give him credit for and actually a lot taller as well as he's about 6 foot. He has a nose for goal and a killer final ball. Plus he can shift around to so many different positions.

What I like most about him is he can create his own goals/assists which IMO has been terribly lacking of late for our team as was one of the reasons I was and still am so against the letting of Yaya go for Busquets as when things are not going well players like Yaya can create something out of nothing to win games where Busquets just would never even think about it.

The amount of Ball/Messi watching for our team has gotten to an insane level and other teams know it. So many of our attacking players are so reliant on beautiful/perfect final balls so they can walk the ball into the goal it's insane.

Because of this the system has gotten stagnant and there is a ton of standing around waiting for Messi to score because we basically have let go a lot of the players with individual brilliance to do it themselves which Rakitic can do (not just scoring but breaking the defense down)

Neymar was supposed to solve this but he had to adjust to a new league which is way way different to the Brazilizan league (which IMO is a great league too) and he was guilty too of being too unselfish and ball watching.

Near the end of the season it was so easy to predict the pockets of the field Neymar would pick the ball up and almost always it was from a stand still with no head of steam or forward movement. When you watch him play for Brazil he picks up the ball almost anywhere.

With that being said I think we need some players to come in and be able to create for themselves and be selfish which I think Rakitic has the talent and mentality to do the same as Neymar now that he has a season under his belt.

Our best team was when we had Eto'o, Messi, Henry all scoring 20-30 goals a piece and fighting over who was going to score each goal and being pushed by Pedro, Bojan Gudjohnsen etc. These players being backed up and fed the ball from the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Yaya Toure, and it was impossible to predict where our forwards where going to pick up the ball and when they got the ball they were 100% looking to put it in the net and not hold it up and play a bunch of cute passes back and fourth, we had the best midfielders in the world to do that work.

We've gotten away from that and need to get back to it. I think this player is a step in the right direction as he is technically sound and hungry to make an impact plus he was smart enough to stay in the right league.

La Liga fits him just like the EPL fits Fabregas. For the EPL fans wondering why they didn't pick him up and instead are going for Fabregas I think Fab is worth it as he's still a great player but for what ever reason he's just better in the EPL where as I don't think Rakitic would ever be the type of player Fab was and still could be in that league.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Now official.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:06 pm

From what I'm reading, Rakitic has moved for an initial €18mil plus an additional €3mil in variables. As part of the deal, Denis Suarez will move to Sevilla on a two year loan deal, apparently with an option to buy for €6mil.

Seems like a good deal for all parties, considering Rakitic only had a year to go on his contract.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Ivan, my dear boy, how you have grown, last time I saw you you were THIS small playing for Schalke.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Good move by Barcelona. From what i have heard and saw him playing against Brazil , he is good in ball retention and distributing. His few passes were great.

cheers 
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:14 am

oh god a 6'0 ft player in our team Official: Rakitic to Barcelona - Page 2 SAHOd
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2