Will Neymar become the next Messi/Ronaldo best in the world?

+13
zenmaster
neuro11
Great Leader Sprucenuce
donttreadonred
M99
Gil
Valkyrja
McAgger
MaraVilla
LeSwagg James
Onyx
futbol
BarcaLearning
17 posters

Go down

Will Neymar become the next Messi/Ronaldo best in the world? Empty Will Neymar become the next Messi/Ronaldo best in the world?

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Its been talked about for a while, prior to moving to Barca, any wrote him off being unproven in Europe and playing in an 'easier' Brazilian league. Well I think this season and for the NT hes proven hes absolutely world class. Barca didnt win anything, and Neymar werent amazing, but I think he performed REALLY well and settled in without impacting with the big player ego thing that some suspected. In fact hes worked his a$$ off apart from just showing flair and going for goals, hes a good team player, creating chances for Messi and others, a good all round player. His weakness probably just a bit light weight. Apart from that hes so young and the possess truly top ability and exciting playnig style.

So do u think he will end up becoming the best player in the world? I think it could well be in a couple of years even if Ronaldo starts to age a bit, and Messi dont rediscover his best and continue to struggle, who knows. There are other potential players for this, but NEymar looks the likeliest atm.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Will Neymar become the next Messi/Ronaldo best in the world? Empty Re: Will Neymar become the next Messi/Ronaldo best in the world?

Post by futbol Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 pm

If he manages to score more than 9 goals in La Liga maybe he'll get there.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Will Neymar become the next Messi/Ronaldo best in the world? Empty Re: Will Neymar become the next Messi/Ronaldo best in the world?

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:43 pm

He needs more freedom at Barca imo. More freedom to take on players, shoot and do his own thing. But there's a good chance that'll happen next year, since last season was his first year and he probably didn't want to get too ahead of himself.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:15 pm

If Messi suddenly becomes shit or retires, yes..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:18 pm

for barca's sake, I hope so
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:24 pm

No I really don't think even at his greatest he'll reach anywhere close to Messi's level.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:27 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:If Messi suddenly becomes shit or retires, yes..

he's been shit for months now  Laughing .

He may surprass Messi if he wins the WC as the 2nd best player in the world. Behind Cristiano.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

He may surprass Messi if he wins the WC as the 2nd best player in the world. Behind Cristiano.

Shit players don't have 40 goal seasons.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:47 pm

A few months isn't enough to drop him into 2nd place.. He's still the best

Sorry but I can't consider a player who only scores goals and does absolutely nothing else, to be the best player in the world :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

Calm down.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:50 pm

I honestly doubt that he will reach that level of consistent dominance.

Before anyone gets all hot-and-bothered by that statement, let me qualify it: he will be an incredible player. He has all the talent to be one of the best in the world once Ronaldo and Messi (*cough* and Suarez *cough*) begin to decline. Moreover, he will likely be the face of Brazil for this generation of players. I just don't see him being THE dominant force in football for the next 10 years.

For one, he will have trouble usurping Messi at club level. Messi currently IS Barcelona football club. Say what you will about Barcelona's history, playing style, etc. Messi makes them tick at the moment. His revolutionary positional sense (arguably the first false-nine) and his unique combination of skills make him nigh-irreplaceable. As good as Neymar is/will be, he plays in a position that is nowhere near as critical. Until he is moved to a more central position (which will not be until Messi retires or has seriously declined), he will not have any shot at approaching the level of significance that Messi currently enjoys in the Barcelona squad.

In my opinion (and I'll admit that I am often wrong), he will be closer to a Ribery, Robben, or Pirlo in terms of impact. In other words, he will be a figurehead for his nation and one of the best in the world at what he does. However, he won't be in the discussion with Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, and Maradona as to who is the "Best Ever".
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:55 pm

That's how good Messi is..... when 40 goal seasons are considered shit lol.

Anyway you can't be better than Messi or Ronaldo while playing with one of them, he's the leader of the next generation though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

typical CR fanboy  Laughing the guy is writing same thing whenever he has any chance in any thread...CR won Ballon D'Or, had a better season than Messi in everyway still his fanboys feel unsecured....its because they also know few months of bad performance from Messi is not enough to write him off...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That's how good Messi is..... when 40 goal seasons are considered shit lol.

Anyway you can't be better than Messi or Ronaldo while playing with one of them, he's the leader of the next generation though.

True.

Shit Messi. Crying or Very sad

Messi concluded the season with 41 goals and 15 assists in all competitions, but his 28 league goals were not enough for him to defend the Pichichi trophy, which went to Cristiano Ronaldo, who managed 31 goals.

I doubt ( would love to see Neymar doing )  Naymer hitting this much in his average league year. No doubt he is sensational for Country and people see him as a leader.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:10 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That's how good Messi is..... when 40 goal seasons are considered shit lol

If he needs some help dealing with it he could call Mario Gomez :coffee:
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

Thank you.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:30 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Thank you.

:coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:48 am

Really beginning to feel Neymar is quite underrated here! Talent wise he would most probably get there, as i dont really think any player has anything on him ability for ability (i'm not saying hes the best, infact far from it)..but staying there for that long is a different matter in itself entirely..the only thing that might seperate neymar from those 2 might be consistency and not the ability in itself. NOTE- This neymar of Brazil isn't even remotely close to the Neymar of Santos (only for people like ganso that actually follow the Brazilian league & libertadores) as he basically dominated anything and everything Even going as afar as becoming Santos best player in history post Pele era, Santos top scorer in history post pele era, won the Brazilian league best player despite Santos finishing 9th and 10th on those ocassions, broke the 40 goal barrier twice in fact the then 20 year old neymar scored 57 in all competitions in 2012 all with a scrub Santos and what's more, Neymar won the highest honour a player would ever dream of in their career by winning the hors' concor (meaning too outstanding far far above he's peers) the award was presented to neymar by ronaldinho himself an award only previously given to pele in 1970.. These are aside all the other MVP, top scorers and trophies he won in Brazil and south america like winning the south american poty 2 consecutive times at 19 & 20 respectively! Now, this is the free type of neymar that people should really know and come to accept, which was why I never was comfortable with the news of he's transfer to Barcelona. The only thing I hate about him are he's embelishments though and the occasional dives! BTW Neymar scored he's 200th goal against panama last week at the age of 22 and scored he's 100th on the last day of he's 20th birthday.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Bankz wrote:Really beginning to feel Neymar is quite underrated here! Talent wise he would most probably get there, as i dont really think any player has anything on him ability for ability (i'm not saying hes the best, infact far from it)..but staying there for that long is a different matter in itself entirely..the only thing that might seperate neymar from those 2 might be consistency and not the ability in itself. NOTE- This neymar of Brazil isn't even remotely close to the Neymar of Santos (only for people like ganso that actually follow the Brazilian league & libertadores) as he basically dominated anything and everything Even going as afar as becoming Santos best player in history post Pele era, Santos top scorer in history post pele era, won the Brazilian league best player despite Santos finishing 9th and 10th on those ocassions, broke the 40 goal barrier twice in fact the then 20 year old neymar scored 57 in all competitions in 2012 all with a scrub Santos and what's more, Neymar won the highest honour a player would ever dream of in their career by winning the hors' concor (meaning too outstanding far far above he's peers) the award was presented to neymar by ronaldinho himself an award only previously given to pele in 1970.. These are aside all the other MVP, top scorers and trophies he won in Brazil and south america like winning the south american poty 2 consecutive times at 19 & 20 respectively! Now, this is the free type of neymar that people should really know and come to accept, which was why I never was comfortable with the news of he's transfer to Barcelona. The only thing I hate about him are he's embelishments though and the occasional dives! BTW Neymar scored he's 200th goal against panama last week at the age of 22 and scored he's 100th on the last day of he's 20th birthday.

Thanks for your input.

Neymar moved out of the his home land only to get more experience , more success and more money.  Every one want to explore themselves. He proved himself in Santos and wanted to play at places where he can challenge himself. There is no better than Europe in this matter TBH. I see this as a natural way of execution.

No matter how high you are rated in One league , one can't make it a generic statement unless one does the same in World Cup level or in other Leagues. For example Sauraz has not done much in NT but everyone know how lethal he is.

As you said about the talent , Barcelona is yet to give him the space he enjoys properly. For him , last year was an average year with injury. Will see how Neymar evolves with time.

Talent - Yes [ Not as talented as Messi , Ronaldo ]
Opportunity - Yes [ With Barcelona and NT ]
Consistency - T-I-M-E will tell
Leadership - Yes
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Higuain09 Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Neymar is more talented than ronaldo. See what Neymar does in Brazil. Ronaldo never shows such performances. I mean when last time did you see Ronaldo creating one goal, scoring another, and assisting third goal. We can not even mention Ronaldo in "creating" category, then how can he be more talented than Neymar

Higuain09
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Maybe Neymar is more creative then Ronaldo , its just that we are Yet to see. This WC will tell us more about Neymar.

Will Neymar become the next Messi/Ronaldo best in the world? 0
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Bankz wrote:Really beginning to feel Neymar is quite underrated here! Talent wise he would most probably get there, as i dont really think any player has anything on him ability for ability (i'm not saying hes the best, infact far from it)..but staying there for that long is a different matter in itself entirely..the only thing that might seperate neymar from those 2 might be consistency and not the ability in itself. NOTE- This neymar of Brazil isn't even remotely close to the Neymar of Santos (only for people like ganso that actually follow the Brazilian league & libertadores) as he basically dominated anything and everything Even going as afar as becoming Santos best player in history post Pele era, Santos top scorer in history post pele era, won the Brazilian league best player despite Santos finishing 9th and 10th on those ocassions, broke the 40 goal barrier twice in fact the then 20 year old neymar scored 57 in all competitions in 2012 all with a scrub Santos and what's more, Neymar won the highest honour a player would ever dream of in their career by winning the hors' concor (meaning too outstanding far far above he's peers) the award was presented to neymar by ronaldinho himself an award only previously given to pele in 1970.. These are aside all the other MVP, top scorers and trophies he won in Brazil and south america like winning the south american poty 2 consecutive times at 19 & 20 respectively! Now, this is the free type of neymar that people should really know and come to accept, which was why I never was comfortable with the news of he's transfer to Barcelona. The only thing I hate about him are he's embelishments though and the occasional dives! BTW Neymar scored he's 200th goal against panama last week at the age of 22 and scored he's 100th on the last day of he's 20th birthday.

Good post this, some info that I didnt know about, that special award thing sure sounds truly great.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Maybe the next Fakenaldo, hyped cheater. But atm he's stuck in Robinho's footsteps, great in Brazil's sunday leagues, in Harlem Globetrotters tour with Brazil, and flop in Europe.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Higuain09 Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Neymar is a great player, very very talented. One of 3 most talented players in the world (Messi, Iniesta, Neymar). If he can show his talent 100% then he just behind Messi

CR has less talent but he makes 120% out of it. Hard work, determination and desire. In a normal day Neymar is better than CR

Higuain09
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down