RED
iftikhar
Busby Babe
30 posters

Page 19 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Busby Babe Tue 26 Aug - 0:14:06

Ogden saying the same thing as the Independent. One way or another at least this saga will be over soon.

Would get rid of Chico regardless, you can tell he's not as good as he was before, need to sell him now before everyone else knows. We have a knack of keeping players for too long, Nani had many suitors last season for example.

Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 0:18:41

Juve want him on loan, means they are somewhat desperate for him. 30mill plus Chicha.

Should do the trick imo.

Starting to have a belief we can get Vidal. The Di Maria signing will give us much added attraction too now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue 26 Aug - 0:24:50

If I was Juve I'd ask for Kagawa, we'd undervalue him in the deal too. However, it seems a bit too late in the window to get the Vidal deal done, RM had Rodriguez and Kroos preparing themselves for the loss of Di Maria. Juventus haven't done that.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue 26 Aug - 0:28:04

We haven't been linked to anymore CBs this window, seems like it's a DM and that's it. In that case, I think we should switch to a back four.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 0:32:12

Busby Babe wrote:If I was Juve I'd ask for Kagawa, we'd undervalue him in the deal too. However, it seems a bit too late in the window to get the Vidal deal done, RM had Rodriguez and Kroos preparing themselves for the loss of Di Maria. Juventus haven't done that.

Maybe they have verbal agreements with players, who knows. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm starting to think we could get him, and that if Vidal's head is turned, Juve will sell to us.

I'm also reading that Blind is a done deal.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue 26 Aug - 0:39:09

Kinda feel bad for Fergie, all this money we're spending is his, and he never really got to spend it.

From an article in 2012

In total, United's net spend over the past five years amounts to £51.6m. Which is considerably below the £25m per season the Glazers once promised. City's total is £418.9m, Chelsea £155.9m, Liverpool's £83.3m and Tottenham's £66.7m. Perhaps most surprisingly, Sunderland have also spent more than United, with £69.2m, as have Aston Villa on £68.4m. And who would have thought that Stoke, on £59.7m, would be more prolific spenders than England's best-supported club?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/may/05/manchester-united-spending-power
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 0:43:28

Such was his genius, Glazers were comfortable and used his capabilities to make a squad full of average players become champions as an underhand to not give him money to spend.

We're now in a situation where we have to spend to buy quality. No 2 ways about it. It's either that or a long decline.

Like you said as well a few weeks back, we're also compensating for last summer's diabolical transfer window. We're effectively doing 2 summers in one.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 0:54:55

Also just to go back on the Vidal rumours, the fact that LVG name checked him on Sunday is a huge hint to me that he is interested in signing him.

the same way he name checked Di Maria prior to us signing him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue 26 Aug - 0:56:13

I forgot the name check, apparently he did it a second time in the press conference too.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue 26 Aug - 1:02:06

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 1:05:32

Yep, Proud This story has legs and my hopes are rising by the hour. This could def happen.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue 26 Aug - 1:16:33

ADM in 2009

“Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I’ve been telling my mother and my father that my dream is to play some day for Manchester United," he said in the News of the World.

“And I won’t stop till I get it.

“When I watch [Wayne] Rooney and all of them on TV, I can’t wait to play there at Old Trafford.

“When I was a little boy I watched Arsenal games as well, but Manchester United always dazzled me most.”

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/di-maria-reveals-united-dream#oCrQ2X133ow4huw0.99

Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Tue 26 Aug - 1:56:59

Di Maria cheers

Also supposedly on a wage packet higher than Rooney, don't know how Wayne's going to take that Laughing

Now Woodward get in on Vidal, offer Chicharito, hell offer them Scholes while you're at it

And Daley Blind, please, god forbid we keep playing Keane and Blackett in the Prem Laughing too early
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue 26 Aug - 10:24:21

RED wrote:Juve want him on loan, means they are somewhat desperate for him.  30mill plus Chicha.

Should do the trick imo.

Starting to have a belief we can get Vidal. The Di Maria signing will give us much added attraction too now.

ffs :facepalm: it was just an inquiry.Posts like these really raise my BP.Are you trying to take revenge on me or something !? Mad Sad
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Tue 26 Aug - 11:24:35

Done Deal for Angel Di Maria and Manchester United, it just felt like Manchester United are desperate or what I mean is that they want to get a better run this time around.

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3956/transfer-zone/2014/08/26/5060166/done-deal-manchester-united-reach-agreement-for-di-maria
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 13:22:49

S wrote:
RED wrote:Juve want him on loan, means they are somewhat desperate for him.  30mill plus Chicha.

Should do the trick imo.

ffs :facepalm: it was just an inquiry.Posts like these really raise my BP.Are you trying to take revenge on me or something !? Mad Sad

rofl

i worded it wrong, not "desperate", apologies. Yeah def is enquiry but the stroy has legs imo, and i think we'll use that Chicha enquiry from Juve to butter up some sort of cash plus player deal for Vidal.

Gave you a little taste of your 'dark cloud' there huh.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 16:09:21

A top article by the man who broke the Di Maria to United news-  Guillem Balague.

On how he gets the info to break the news, and how it all works.

Breaking Football Transfer Stories Requires Trust and Commitment to Facts

There’s something quite bizarre about people casting judgement on your professionalism by way of transfer stories you may or may not uncover.

What it suggests is a lack of knowledge of how it all works, which is normal. Why would a regular pundit know how journalism works?

This is how transfer stories work.

Step One: You gain the trust of people—in my case, through 23 years working at the coal face.

Step Two: You learn to differentiate between fact and fiction—between what you need to know and what people want to tell you because it is in their own interests. People may try to take you in the direction they want to and very often it can be a cul-de-sac. The key there is to check, check again, and when you’re absolutely sure, check again.

Step Three: Learn that whatever you think you can do, it is simply impossible to concentrate on the whole market. Learn to concentrate on those things that are most interesting to you.

Step Four: Never tell anyone more than 10 percent of what you actually know. Then when things start to move, get your running shoes on because, believe me, when they do start to move, they move lightning-fast.

But even then make sure you can—based on what you know about your source—differentiate between fact and fantasy, and also that you can then fall back on what you have learned while researching over the past weeks, or sometimes even months.

Over the years I have been lucky—and let me say at this point that as the great South African golfer, Gary Player, once said: "The harder I worked, the luckier I got"—to break stories about Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Fernando Torres, Juan Mata, David Villa, David de Gea, Jose Mourinho, Angel Di Maria, Pep Guardiola and Leo Messi.

I am still in touch with all of them today. It is about working together—about trust.

The excessive passion for inside knowledge of transfers has been particularly prevalent since the introduction of the transfer window in 2003, and it has taken many by surprise. But it is a British phenomenon—it doesn’t happen in other football countries in the same measure.

We all love the idea that we are privy to a secret, but the reality is that breaking news is just a tiny part of this magnificently privileged job that allows me to write books, newspaper articles, appear on radio and television and get paid for talking, writing, eating, drinking and sleeping the sport I have loved since I was a child.

I am truly a lucky, lucky man.

But in the online world, it is quite clear that you are fundamentally judged not by what you know, not by what you say, but rather by what you reveal—by disclosures that allow access into what is perceived by others as the VIP lounge reserved for those in the know.

For me, that is not the most important part of my job. The crucial one has always been—and continues to be—to develop relationships with people in this game that we love.

Fundamental to that, you have to be trusted by the people you are mixing with. To that end, I use Twitter because when I publish there, all the people I work for—Sky Sports, Diario AS, Onda Cero—are privileged to it at the same time. It’s also my way of communicating with people who follow me there.

I get asked sometimes: "Why do people tell you anything at all?" The answer is very simple. People tell me things because they know I’m a journalist and that I will write about them and report them honestly. They do not tell me things because they don’t want me to mention them; precisely the opposite, in fact.

Journalism is about telling the story by using the facts you have checked and putting it over without fear or favour. People tell you these things because they trust that information in your hands. No more, no less.

You write not just what they say, but also sometimes what they feel, what they think, how they are, and you do it in the form of a book, an article or a broadcast, and you do it with honesty and integrity.

To do it any other way would be disrespectful, not only to your subject, but primarily to yourself, because it’s the job you have chosen and it’s what you do best.

I am neither a boffin nor a buffoon, nor am I an all-seeing, all-knowing footballing oracle.

I find it amusing to be considered the Hercule Poirot of football, when I get it right; the Inspector Clouseau of the game, when it goes wrong (and transfer stories do go wrong sometimes because not everything that starts being negotiated ends up taking place, and people generally read into the stories what they want to read, not how it reads).

I don’t read mentions in Twitter often enough, but I feel it is not a forum for discussion any more, so I thought I would share a peek of how it all works via Bleacher Report.

Source: Bleacher Report
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 20:09:16

It's official lads.

BREAKING: Angel Di Maria has completed his move to #mufc for a British record fee of £59.7m. #WelcomeDiMaria

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Bv-8S8vCcAAWAVe

Proud
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 20:15:03

Louis van Gaal on Di Maria: “Angel is a world-class midfielder… there’s no doubting his immense natural talent.” #WelcomeDiMaria

More from the boss: “His dribbling skills and ability to beat opponents are a joy to watch. He’s an excellent addition.” #WelcomeDiMaria
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue 26 Aug - 20:17:58

:bow:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 20:29:46

Di Maria: “I am absolutely delighted to be joining #mufc. United is the only club I would have left Real Madrid for.”

Cool
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue 26 Aug - 20:30:25

LvG has now handed first team debuts to four academy players in first three games: Tyler Blackett, Jesse Lingard, Reece James, Saidy Janko.

best bit despite the money. Also gave Michael Keane his league debut
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue 26 Aug - 20:40:31

Howard Nurse BBC
Di Maria a major boost for #mufc but expecting at least one more deal before 2300 BST on Monday
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 20:44:00

If Ed could get us Vidal, and possibly another midfielder to shore up our options there, he should be knighted.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue 26 Aug - 20:47:05

LvG name dropped Di Maria we bought him, then dropped Vidals name over the weekend multiple times...i have hope :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 Aug - 20:52:07

Laughing Yeah, he's not fooling anyone with them subtle 'come join us' name dropping of players.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next