zenmaster
mr-r34
Pedram
Magic Spray
Mr Nick09
120 posters

Page 10 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 10 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by B-Mac Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:08 am

hope they end his world cup career ban him for ridiculous amount of games...then maybe the pos will start getting it through his racist head that you can't go around biting people

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 10 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 am

By the way, I told my parents before the match about Suarez' penchant to bite. I really should have made a bet, too - somehow I just had a feeling this might happen XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:14 am

Juveman17 wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:
Forza wrote:I'm pretty sure only the most die hard Uruguay/Liverpool supporters like Suarez after this.

He's clearly an idiot. I don't deny it. I said it last time he bit too. A normal person doesn't do it.

But...there are far more despicable people in football, let alone the world, than Suarez who've done far worse. So it's a lot easier to like Luis compared to someone, who for example, shagged his own brother's wife for 8 years behind his back.

Nope there arent. I honestly wouldn't care if he tore his ACL and breaks his legs. I have no sympathy towards anything that happens to him because he has shown to be a racist and a thug, and also previously robbed Ghana with that farce on the line and then celebrating their missed penalty. He is a disgusting human being. Doesnt deserve to see a football pitch ever again. What makes it better is that he denied and made excuses when he clearly bit Chiellini. Enough is enough with this guy. You can no longer defend him.

LOL Ghana incident

LOL Evra incident

LOL Butt hurt Italians.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:56 am

Classy.  :fishing: 
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Juveman can't accept that they lost because they were poor, not because of the ref.

Anyway, it's WC over for Suarez and for Uruguay probably, can't see them going through Colombia without Suarez.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Not justifying his actions in any way, but don't you guys think every sport needs a controversial character like him to keep things interesting?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:16 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Not justifying his actions in any way, but don't you guys think every sport needs a controversial character like him to keep things interesting?

This isnt controversial, its just plain stupid
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:20 pm

The 'strayan reaction to the Suarez incident
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:25 pm

When I think controversial, I think of maybe a player who is very vocal in the media, says stupid things. I can even see how a hard 50/50 challenge could be controversial and polarise opinion.

But bitting or otherwise striking/intentionally trying to hurt an player is just plain wrong and doesn't belong in any professional sport, football or otherwise.

Not sure if Blatter knows what justice is though, and he's know to have particular disdain for Italy, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty lenient punishment or a pat on the back for Suarez.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Biting 3 people on 3 different occasions is pretty shocking. I mean it's lost it's novelty, now it's just pathetic and down right disrespectful to the game. Has any player in the history of the game bitten another player? Never mind 3 times!

Needs a huge fine and a lengthy ban from all football to finally teach him a lesson. You just can't go round biting people, if it happened on the street you'd either get your teeth smashed in or arrested. Like lots have said already you can get seriously ill from being bitten from another human. There's no defending it on the 3rd time.

Here's hoping someone takes a chunk out of Suarez calf  Thumbs up 
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Taking into account the massive mess Qatar has been for FIFA and how severely it's impacted their brand, it wouldn't shock me if they made an example of Suarez in order to improve their public image.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:52 pm

che wrote:tbh biting is a sign of affection in uruguay, so you can't blame him

...i know it's too easy, i don't care

I'm disappointed that it took until the 3rd page for this

GL in decline
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:53 pm

"If you can't beat them, eat them". -Suarez
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Not justifying his actions in any way, but don't you guys think every sport needs a controversial character like him to keep things interesting?
Well, it's not the controvery, but the bad example that hurts. Imagine how many kids will strive to "do the Suarez" now and bite an opponent because it causes so much ruckus and seems cool, if there is no severe action taken!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:05 pm

rwo power wrote:
Well, it's not the controvery, but the bad example that hurts. Imagine how many kids will strive to "do the Suarez" now and bite an opponent because it causes so much ruckus and seems cool, if there is no severe action taken!

I don't think many at all, but whatever, we cannot have biting going on in football. Suarez must be punished and shouldn't play in this WC any more.

On setting examples still, you have regular fist-fights in ice-hockey and they're usually only a 5-minute penalty. And there's no sign that the NHL would be trying to get rid of them. At the end of the day that sets a much, much worse example. Biting someone won't kill them, but a single blow of the fist can. Yet in ice-hockey it's not a big deal to actually batter someone with your fists.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Chiellini was actually the one who got away...

Spoiler:

He tried to bite him last year,got him this time though rofl
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Fighting in the NHL is extremely regulated.  For one, you never get into a fight unless both parties agree to go.  Second, both players drop their gloves and face off.  Third, once the other party gives up or goes down, you stop throwing punches.  Fourth, you only go for the head.... there are no punches to the gut.

It's part of the game and has been since the beginning.  You don't have any sucker punches or biting going on.  

Complete straw man here.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Vibe wrote:
Spoiler:
I can almost see him think "Yum, looks tasty!" on the left picture Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 10 Hungrysmiley
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:34 pm

“He is a really intelligent man who fits the values of this club, which is all about humility and class, and he has all of that,” said Brendan Rodgers after the Ivanovic incident, Bitey has let him down him again.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Fighting in the NHL is extremely regulated.  For one, you never get into a fight unless both parties agree to go.  Second, both players drop their gloves and face off.  Third, once the other party gives up or goes down, you stop throwing punches.  Fourth, you only go for the head.... there are no punches to the gut.

It's part of the game and has been since the beginning.  You don't have any sucker punches or biting going on.  

Complete straw man here.

You obviously have never watched hockey before, so I'm not even going to bother responding to this in detail. Way worse things happen on the ice than this on a game to game basis.

On top of which worse things happen frequently in soccer games. This whole biting thing having people in such outrage is absolutely hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. It's no worse than headbutting someone.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:00 pm

3 times he's bitten someone now though, it's unjustifiable.

He needs banning. Horrible professional.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:03 pm

El Cujo wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Fighting in the NHL is extremely regulated.  For one, you never get into a fight unless both parties agree to go.  Second, both players drop their gloves and face off.  Third, once the other party gives up or goes down, you stop throwing punches.  Fourth, you only go for the head.... there are no punches to the gut.

Complete straw man here.

You obviously have never watched hockey before, so I'm not even going to bother responding to this in detail. Way worse things happen on the ice than this on a game to game basis.

On top of which worse things happen frequently in soccer games. This whole biting thing having people in such outrage is absolutely hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. It's no worse than headbutting someone.

A proper headbutt is bad, too, though. And this is Suarez's 3rd time in his career he has done this. Only a year ago got a 10-game ban for it. If it was a hat-trick of bad headbutts, he should still get a ban and probably a longer one than three games that you usually get for a red card offense.

About fights in ice-hockey, I pretty much agree with what Sportsczy said... But none of that takes away the point that as far as setting bad examples goes, "legalized" and even idolized fist-fighting (only to the head, though, well that's a relief...) sets a much worse example than Suarez's biting.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:07 pm

El Cujo... i had season tickets to the LA Kings for 10 straight years. Fabulous Forum days and then Staples Center and the Kings weren't very good for almost all those years. So yeah, i love hockey and i love the NHL.

To say "worse things happen in hockey" is about as dumb a statement as i have ever heard. It's a rough sport for sure... but there's a code between guys on the ice. If some break that code, the league comes down on them heard, not to mention they will get nailed when an opportunity presents themselves. There are rules and refs + a lot of self-policing too.

Now you're comparing a guy that sucker-bites guys to what happens in the NHL? Name me one biting incident or similar in the NHL where a massive suspension didn't happen in the past 10 years... i dare you.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:08 pm

How many times have people been repeat offenders for elbowing in the head, kicking, headbutting, etc.

People make this out to be some outrageous act that is despicable and destroys the image of the sport. Please.

He will get banned, but don't pretend it's because he's any worse than half the other nutjobs out there playing soccer.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:El Cujo... i had season tickets to the LA Kings for 10 straight years.  Fabulous Forum days and then Staples Center and the Kings weren't very good for almost all those years.  So yeah, i love hockey and i love the NHL.

To say "worse things happen in hockey" is about as dumb a statement as i have ever heard.  It's a rough sport for sure... but there's a code between guys on the ice.  If some break that code, the league comes down on them heard, not to mention they will get nailed when an opportunity presents themselves.  There are rules and refs + a lot of self-policing too.

Now you're comparing a guy that sucker-bites guys to what happens in the NHL?  Name me one biting incident or similar in the NHL where a massive suspension didn't happen in the past 10 years... i dare you.

Well, I'm Canadian and hockey is pretty much the biggest thing going here. So I'll educate you:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/2/11/3975518/mikhael-grabovski-biting-incident-nhl-history
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/6/1/2201985/alex-burrows-bite-patrice-bergeron-vancovuer-canucks-boston-bruins-stanley-cup-finals-2011

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 10 Omnomnom.gif.pagespeed.ce.h08kg50iio

There's also plenty of people that go around 'the code' and there's very little self-policing anymore because of the instigator rule.

No suspension. Ruined Savard's career. Look up numerous Stevens hits. Gordie Howe. Hell, even stars get away with murder like Bure on Churla or Ovechkin's spear on Neil last year (which Neil got a penalty for diving LOL!) Bertuzzi sucker punching Moore (that self policing thing). You're way off base with hockey. People literally slew-foot, elbow in the head, and drive people into the boards from behind almost every game (not to mention running the goalie every chance they get). LA season tickets...sure.

Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:20 pm

tbh some hits, like driving people into the boards and high hits, are to a certain extent inevitable because of the nature of the sport, but that said there's easily as much scumbaggery in hockey as in football... the entire boston bruins organization, for starters

Last edited by che on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next