zenmaster
mr-r34
Pedram
Magic Spray
Mr Nick09
120 posters

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 35 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:13 am

It was completely irrational. Suarez was banned from playing the Copa America, an entire year later. He was banned from training with Uruguay, which is unheard of, and was made to feel so unwelcome he had to leave the country. He was completely ostracized.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 35 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:14 am

So he should have been lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:19 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It was completely irrational. Suarez was banned from playing the Copa America, an entire year later. He was banned from training with Uruguay, which is unheard of, and was made to feel so unwelcome he had to leave the country. He was completely ostracized.

that was the THIRD TIME he assaulted someone in that fashion .
the previous incidents didn't happen in a WC , but these games were still indirectly under FIFA's jurisdiction through its affiliates .

Mike Tyson was fined 3 millions and received an indefinite , worldwide     suspension , and had his license revoked forever for his first biting offense in an already violent sport  .
the guy had to appeal a bunch of times for more than a year and actually did community service just to get his license back .

Last edited by farfan on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:26 am

Sure, but in football terms, Suarez' ban is unheard of. Especially when we consider that it was all a publicity stunt, because he was essentially banned for ruining football's reputation (as if FIFA does not do that on a daily basis...), not because his actions had a severely detrimental effect on the game itself.

Anyone here could name 5 worse things they have seen in football off the top of their head that have gone entirely unpunished.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:31 am

i also can't recall a player with a long history of biting opponents .
you do realize that biting someone in real life falls under assault and battery , punishable by prison time ?
Suarez got what's coming to him .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:35 am

Only if Chiellini wants to press charges, which he clearly didn't as he has been one of Suarez' strongest defenders...

And if you want to follow that logic, in Argentina Camoranesi had to pay up several millions because he performed a career-ending injury, should bad tackles that end in injuries also be dealt with a year long ban and ostracization from the football world because they're also illegal?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:45 am

first of all , the  "ostracization " of Suarez was an organic reaction to his unsportsmanlike conduct  , it had nothing to do with Fifa  and it was fully deserved .
and i know that for Suarez to end up in jail Chiellini had to press charges . the point is that if something lands you in federal prison in real life, logically it shouldn't get you a light punishment in football .
tackles are part of the game ,but if it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that there was a  deliberate intent to hurt the opponent then yes , the player should receive a lengthy suspension .

do you want some neanderthal  who deliberately breaks peoples legs to receive a slap on the wrist and be back on the field after a couple of games ??
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:54 am

IMO biting is not worse than giving headbutts towards others.I believe it is punishable with prison time 2nd thing too . Zidane did it also in Juve-Hamburg 1-3 CL 2000-2001  for example
Then okay, we can discuss about who is more worse or less worse ( for me it's always difficult to create a table about these things though ..) , but the disproportion was evdent.
Zidane was banned for 3 matches and Materazzi was banned for 2 because...he provoked. I believe the only thing of a provocateur banned in football history and almost how much the executor.
It'd be as if Chiellini was banned also because he provoked Suarez ( I am sure he did it , who follows Serie A it knows Chiellini receives duly fists , elbows etc from football players. I believe every team has someone to have done it against Chiellini.We've Juan Jesus for example ) but of course this doesn't justify the Suarez's gesture.
Suarez was banned for months and months... We know this.
It suggests FIFA has children and stepchildren , but it is just my sensation
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:57 am

but that was Zidane's last game Laughing a punishment was pointless tbh .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:02 am

farfan wrote:first of all , the  "ostracization " of Suarez was an organic reaction to his unsportsmanlike conduct  , it had nothing to do with Fifa  and it was fully deserved .
and i know that for Suarez to end up in jail Chiellini had to press charges . the point is that if something lands you in federal prison in real life, logically  it shouldn't get you a light punishment in football .
tackles are part of the game ,but if it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that there was a  deliberate intent to hurt the opponent then yes , the player should receive a lengthy suspension .

do you want some neanderthal  who deliberately breaks peoples legs to receive a slap on the wrist and be back on the field after a couple of games ??
No, Suarez was not allowed to train with Uruguay, he was not allowed to train with any football club, IIRC he was not even allowed to be in stadiums during matches. I'm not talking about being ostracized by the fans or the media, I'm talking about FIFA using their far-reaching power to effectively kick him out of the football world for 4 months and invade his private life.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/1931793/fifa-confirms-luis-suarez-cant-train-with-a-team

http://whatculture.com/sport/14-things-luis-suarez-cant-ban-8-surprisingly-can.php

This was completely unprecedented. If a footballer gets a ban of several weeks/months in any major league, he is still allowed to carry out his normal life, he is just not able to play games. FIFA completely ostracized Suarez, I can't think of any other instance in which they have forbidden anyone from seeing his teammates.

This is IMO the more outrageous part of his sentence, you can argue about how long a sentence should be or not, but I don't think FIFA should be allowed to have this sort of influence. I don't think it would stand in court either, if Suarez had bothered to challenge it.

Hell, usually if a player gets a league ban it doesn't affect his international games, and the reverse is usually true. Was Suarez' crime so large that this had to be ignored? It sets a worrying precedent for clubs. If Balotelli reacts badly to fans mocking him playing for Italy, should Milan be worried that it will affect them as well?

And of course I don't want him to receive a slap in the wrist, but how many times have we seen FIFA award just that? Even in very high profile cases of embarrassment or negligent injury FIFA has never seemed to act and respect the referee's decisions. This time, it happened in the highest level to a huge audience, so they made an example out of him but in doing so they went too far.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:08 am

i agree with the training ban being silly and irrational .

but getting banned from the next tournament and few months of club football seems adequate for a multiple offender like Suarez.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:09 am

I don't believe this was the reason  TBH .  Apart  it could be the excuse to give an exemplary ban for Zidane   , It was not the last match for Materazzi too yet he was punished too . But , tbh , when you see Battler refuses to give the WC to Italy because he wanted another verdict you realize many things

But it is not just  Zidane ... there are many recidivist players in football ( Totti too ) .  But I don't remember a similar ban
for its disproportion , and it hadn't to do just with the duration of the ban .He couldn't even have pics with the team for a period ! Totally ostracized, deleted from the football world , as if the football world - always been full of scumbags - couldn't tolerate Suarez , the evil to destroy a pure world as the football.

BarrileteCosmico wrote: This was completely unprecedented. If a footballer gets a ban of several weeks/months in any major league, he is still allowed to carry out his normal life, he is just not able to play games. FIFA completely ostracized Suarez, I can't think of any other instance in which they have forbidden anyone from seeing his teammates.

This is IMO the more outrageous part of his sentence, you can argue about how long a sentence should be or not, but I don't think FIFA should be allowed to

Hell, usually if a player gets a league ban it doesn't affect his international games, and the reverse is usually true. Was Suarez' crime so large that this had to be ignored? It sets a worrying precedent for clubs. If Balotelli reacts badly to fans mocking him playing for Italy, should Milan be worried that it will affect them as well?.

Ok perfect, this is what I wanted to say , you saved my time before someone will say my English sintax  is bad Laughing, I can go to sleep now
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:57 am

Robespierre wrote:IMO biting is not worse than giving headbutts towards others.I believe it is punishable with prison time 2nd thing too . Zidane did it also in Juve-Hamburg 1-3 CL 2000-2001  for example
Then okay, we can discuss about who is more worse  or less worse ( for me it's always difficult to create a table about these things though ..) , but the disproportion was evdent.
Zidane was banned for 3 matches and Materazzi was banned for 2 because...he provoked. I believe the only thing of a provocateur banned in football history and almost how much the executor.
It'd be as if Chiellini was banned also because he provoked Suarez ( I am sure he did it , who follows Serie A it knows Chiellini receives duly fists , elbows etc from football players. I believe every team has someone to have done it against Chiellini.We've Juan Jesus for example ) but of course this doesn't justify the Suarez's gesture.
Suarez was banned for months and months... We know this.
It suggests FIFA has children and stepchildren , but it is just my sensation

Nope Bitting is much worse.

From society standpoint it is much more frowned upon, more of an act of animal then human.

Secondly Biting incidents have led to loss of limbs and amputation. You can spread harmful infection and viruses by Bitting into someone flesh.

Question to Suarez supporters what action should FIFA should have taken then? Suarez is a perpetual bitter, only severe punishment could have a change in behavior.

Also the fact Suarez was not apologetic, and didn't see the severity of his action.

Last edited by Blue on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:11 am

Robes and Alfred not serious about life though. The man got off really light for biting someone, allow me to write that again, for BITING a fellow human being and this being his 3rd incident.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:58 am

24 goals in 24 matches this season :bow:

Already has more goals for Barca than Villa, Henry, or Sanchez could muster in less than half the time.

I remember when people were saying he wasn't gonna be better than Villa or Henry for them Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:15 am

I remember when people were arguing Bale was better because he had better "PR". Laughing

Even on an off day, he scored 2 and helped guide Barca to yet another trophy. What a player. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:52 am

Goat playa tbh.. Best striker in the world by some distance. I'm even beginning to think he might be better than henry, at least in goal scoring even if not all round play. Incredible player
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35