mr-r34
BeautifulGame
DeletedUser#1
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Appreciation Thread-  Empty Luis Suarez Appreciation Thread-

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:21 am

Looks like his departure is inevitable. I am a lot more in peace with this one compared to Nando. Thought a separate thread was needed to acknowledge one of the greatest players ever to pull on the Liverpool shirt.

From his goal vs. Stoke on his debut, to his mesmerizing performance in beating Man Utd 3-1 in March 2011, to all the controversies, to finally his tears at Selhurst Park 2 months ago, what a ride it's been.

With Luis Suarez on the pitch, we all expected wtdjusthappened.jpg moments during our game. He'd do the unthinkable, that no one would even contemplate suggesting even when high....I'll miss his genius. I'll mis his unpredictability, I'll miss his lunacy and uniqueness. I love the fact that he isn't boring. He is probably a twat, but he was our twat. He was so unique in everything, his will to win unparalleled to ANY ATHLETE in any sport I know. We'll miss that. He had flair, vision, finishing, work rate, everything you could ask for in a player. He wasn't tall, but he was a better header than Andy Carroll, he wasn't Walcott fast, but he'd win a race because he always wanted to win more than others, and that's where some of his controversies stem from.

I'll miss you Luis. You brilliant bastard. I accepted your departure long ago, because that's always the case with Latinos, hope you'll be back at Anfield with Barca one day and get a good reception. You deserved it. You helped us get back to where we belong in CL and helped us come within a whisker of winning the league, will always look out for you and wish the best.

You're brilliant man. You're a genius. I'm lucky enough to have seen you play in front of me at Anfield and score a goal with your trade mark celebration.....Tears coming out now, as I down another shot of Polish vodka.

Buena suerte amigo, no me te acuerdo never. Love you long time. Thank you helping me get a A+ mark for my Spanish project last year. God knows how much longer my song for you would have been if Ivanovic and Chiellini bite had happened before. LUIS SUAREZ, DELFINA, YOUR WIFE, YOUR NEWLY BORN SON.....Enjoy Spain's sun. You deserve it. <3

Te amo mi negrito <33333

Your passion and love for the game is unparalleled. I admire it, and will have you as my role model to achieve my goals in life. what a man !!

Luis Suarez Appreciation Thread-  Screen16

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Appreciation Thread-  Empty Re: Luis Suarez Appreciation Thread-

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:46 am

With Nando i was hurt but with SUarez the overwhelming feeling is relief honestly.We were one moment of stupidity away from losing him for an entire season and ruining us as well.

Ever since the Ivanovic bite felt a bit hard to support him as a player tbh too.His antics last summer and ill advised interviews  :facepalm: 

Enjoyed the Genius he is on football pitch , his contributions to our success last season and wish him well in future with Barca but cant compare with Torres remotely.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:01 am

Meh for all the love, support and appreciation we've given this guy, his shit on us more than nando.

This isn't a bad break up for me, but if he does more stupid shit in the future and gets a massive ban i wouldn't be upset.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:44 am

Okay...........*deep breath*  I'm over him.

I wish him the best for the rest of his life. He gave us some amazing memories. Memories that we will cherish. He's arguably top 3 best players to ever play for us. But at the end of the day he was a mercenary. He forced his way out of our club (however indirectly that may have been). He's NOT bigger than Liverpool football club, if he wanted to leave so badly I'm just sorry he wasn't booted sooner. People that don't want to wear the liverbird upon their chest don't deserve to ever put on the red shirt .

I will always adore him even in his time at Barcelona as he has become a hero of mine. Will probably follow his career and hope he does well just as I have Alonso, Hyypia, Kuyt, Luis Garcia, and so many others when they left us. His attitude was always beyond professional. Commendable character, fantastic fella, and great human being outside the pitch (even if others didn't get to see the best of his moral character on the pitch).

Not nearly as painful as Torres because the second he took a bite of Chiellini I knew deep down we were done with him so I was ready. Even though, he's arguably had a bigger affect on me than El Nino.

That's it. Now all I care about is how we're going to spend his money.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:57 am

Isn't Alonso a "mercenary" in the same sense then? Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:02 am

I don't really feel like thanking him, like BeautyG said, there's a considerable amount of relief in my feelings, too, although we're obviously losing an amazing player who would make any team stronger.

I mean, what is the legacy that he really is leaving? We won the League Cup in his first full season and now in his last season got back into the top-4. There are a lot of goals to remember him by, but not that much tangible results, especially when he is leaving right when we are in a better moment again after some disappointing years. This team will be remembered by what it does after Suarez left, not by what it achieved with Suarez in it.

Then there's the legacy of biting, racism accusations, diving accusations, playing too dirty from time to time (stomping) and disrespectful public pleas to let him leave in the summer of 2013. This is not a player I would naturally support if he never played for Liverpool. I don't like someone like Cristiano Ronaldo for his diving, bitching or egoism, but at least he keeps his act clean.

I know there will be games next season that we will not win and probably all of us will be thinking or even saying that "if we still had Suarez, we would have won...". It might feel a little bitter, even. However, I don't think I will miss him even then, I will enjoy supporting Liverpool just the same with or without Luis Suarez.

And in before the deal falls through, lulz.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Don't call me James wrote:People that don't want to wear the liverbird upon their chest don't deserve to ever put on the red shirt .

lol man he fkin cried when we lost the league and you say he didn't love playing for us?

Art Morte wrote:I mean, what is the legacy that he really is leaving? We won the League Cup in his first full season and now in his last season got back into the top-4. There are a lot of goals to remember him by, but not that much tangible results

What did you expect him to do with the teams we had past years, win a treble? lol
One player can't win us trophies, he did what he could, he holds PL goalscoring record what more did you expect him to do?
So now you're blaming him because we didn't win trophies in the recent years?
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Red Alert wrote:Isn't Alonso a "mercenary" in the same sense then? Laughing

The diffrence for me between him and alonso was his time at liverpool was all class, his exit was class and how he put himself out there was all class. With Suarez it hasn't been so smooth, after all the shit he did, and the support we gave him, even after it looking bad on us, him leaving in such circumstances leaves such a bad taste.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:58 am

BusterLfc wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I mean, what is the legacy that he really is leaving? We won the League Cup in his first full season and now in his last season got back into the top-4. There are a lot of goals to remember him by, but not that much tangible results

What did you expect him to do with the teams we had past years, win a treble? lol
One player can't win us trophies, he did what he could, he holds PL goalscoring record what more did you expect him to do?
So now you're blaming him because we didn't win trophies in the recent years?

No, but he is leaving right when we are reaching a high-point. If we look at the last three years as a project to make LFC more competitive again, this project, this team will be the best remembered by what it does now in the next few years at the top of its cycle, not by what it did with Suarez here.

Suarez's legacy, to me, is one where he was our outstanding, best player for three years that were not that special for the club, apart from last season, probably. It just doesn't feel that significant to me, his legacy, but that's just my opinion.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:25 am

Buster Proud

mr-r34 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Isn't Alonso a "mercenary" in the same sense then? Laughing

The diffrence for me between him and alonso was his time at liverpool was all class, his exit was class and how he put himself out there was all class. With Suarez it hasn't been so smooth, after all the shit he did, and the support we gave him, even after it looking bad on us, him leaving in such circumstances leaves such a bad taste.

What exactly do you mean by "all class" and "how he put himself out there"?

Not sure what you mean by Alonso's exit "class" aswell considering he put in a transfer request to leave?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:44 am

wow kudos to you guys for taking this quite well. Us gooners would have have burned any sort of bridge we had with a (formerly) beloved player on the move.

From the outside looking in, I think Suarez took advantage of the love he got from the fans, and took you all for a ride.
On the plus side though, he played a huge part in your revival ( i cant say the same about Van *bleep* and Fabregas for us), and well left with a positive legacy.

Where would you guys rank Suarez among the all time LFC greats? Also, if he never plays for another PL team, will he have a club legend status?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:02 am

Not too sure everyone is taking this quite well if they want to re-write history and call him a mercenary / just turn their backs on him saying he didn't deserve to wear the shirt. lol

To be honest, many would of burned the bridge if he went to a domestic rival, but he's leaving for Spain which I personally find to be the only positive thing about the whole move.

Suarez may have took advantage of the love of the fans, but hasn't majority of everyone else? Torres did the same thing before moving to Chelsea, Owen did the same thing moving to RM, McManaman the same, Mascherano the other, the only player that's stayed loyal is Steven Gerrard, really.

How exactly did he take us for a ride? Again, the only reputation he tarnished during his time at Liverpool (and at Ajax) was his own, and given Barcelona's interest to sign him, it honestly doesn't mean too much other than to the fans... you said it yourself, he's leaving behind a positive legacy for the club, just like how he left behind a positive legacy at Ajax.

TO ME, he ranks up as the best player I've ever seen play behind Steven Gerrard. If he stayed for a couple of seasons, he probably would of surpassed Stevie G as well but his time at the club was some what limited. Definitely the most unique player I've ever seen at the club. Should be spoken in the same breathe as Totti, Batistuta and Bergkamp.

I wouldn't say he's a "club legend" given the lack of silverware, but he'll always be respected by the Liverpool faithful given his performances and his never die attitude, not too mention his limitless quality.

You're also harsh on Cesc. Would you be saying the same thing if he didn't move to Chelsea?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:25 am

Cesc also left us when we were at our weakest (while he was the captain), not to mention when we needed him the most. What's worse, he faked injuries , paid his own money to move to Barcelona. All this would have been overlooked had he not moved back to CHELSEA of all teams. There is no turning back from that really.

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:31 am

He carried you for years and wanted to head back home. You can't blame him at all for leaving. He didn't leave for a domestic rival like RvP and strengthen a competitor.

Never heard he faked injuries, but you'd probably know more about that as I don't really follow/care for Arsenal to the little details.

He wanted to go back to Arsenal, Arsene said no. He had no say in which club to join as Barca were pretty much throwing him out and Chelsea were the only team that bit.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:46 pm

Can we merge ALL Suarez threads into one.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Change thread title to "The KING is dead" :coffee: I don't like generic titles.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:25 am

Gerrard on Suarez:

“I would have been really sad and disappointed to see Luis go to Arsenal. With all due respect to them, I said to him that he was too good for Arsenal. I said if you score 30 goals for us and win the PFA Player of the Year, the press Player of the Year – I knew he was going to win them – I told him Real or Barcelona will come for you.

“I think he got the wrong advice last year from people around him, from people saying he needed to play in the Champions League and it did not matter who it was for.
“I have experience of the Spanish clubs myself and I know if you play well they will come back and come back. I knew they’d be back for him as well.

“I just thought for his own sake, to get respect off the Liverpool fans, he had to give us at least one year. A lot of people might still think he should have given us one more, but my big dream was to play for Liverpool, and the foreign players’ big dream is to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona, that’s a fact.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11000854/Liverpool-captain-Steven-Gerrard-says-former-team-mate-Luis-Suarez-is-too-good-for-Arsenal-with-respect.html

That prophecy. Should of told him to win us the league ffs. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:54 am

Thanks, Stevie. Proud DEM Barca sport director skills. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:45 am

Texted Rodgers before the game to wish us luck for the new season. Once a red, always a red. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 am

Would be nice if he drops by (may be during the winter break) to formally bid farewell. Who knows, may be we will meet in the CL.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Hopefully we get them in the CL and we can bid farewell to him by destroying Barca 457935790 - 0.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Also i totally understand the decision to go to Barca, honestly probably the best option for himself and his family, but lets not pretend Suarez is a Bonafide Scouser, he doesn't need to come back for a farewell or anything.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:54 pm

Agger is more deserving of a farewell. Reina was more deserving. Suarez is a legend and always will be loved by us for his service to the club. But there are players that are more worthy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Luis Suárez will be presented with the European Golden Shoe by the former Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish.

Suárez arranged for Dalglish to fly to Barcelona to be part of the ceremony which will be held in the Catalan capital on Wednesday, having insisted that he wanted to share the award with his former club.

He had hoped that Steven Gerrard would be able to join him at the event too but the Liverpool captain was unable to travel. Suárez’s initial idea to receive the award in front of supporters at Anfield was not possible.

Suárez won the Golden Shoe, awarded by the European Sports Magazines organisation, after his 31 league goals last season made him the continent’s joint top scorer with Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo, who will be handed the award in a separate ceremony in Madrid on 6 November.

The event was arranged by the Spanish newspaper Marca, a member of the ESM group, but it was the Uruguayan who asked Dalglish to attend.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/10/luis-suarez-kenny-dalglish-european-golden-shoe?CMP=twt_gu

:wub: :wub: :wub:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:19 am

His making some good attempts at trying to pretend he gave a shit, congrats on the golden shoe.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next