Have Real Madrid and Barca Bought the Wrong Players?

+9
barca 2011
chad4401
futbol
_SuperFloren_
Cruijf
Kick
FalcaoPunch
Donuts
VanDeezNuts
13 posters

Go down

Have Real Madrid and Barca Bought the Wrong Players? Empty Have Real Madrid and Barca Bought the Wrong Players?

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Warning- hypothetical debate approaching

I have noticed a growing theme among the transfer policies among these two giants and I ask this question -

Would these two clubs have been better off signing the key players their counterpart have signed in recent history? (post 2009)

in 2010 when RM were desperately seeking a suitable partner for Xabi should they have gone for a proven partner in Mascherano? and looking back was Mascherano what Barca needed?

in 2011 Barca signed Cesc but at the time is was arguable whether he would be a better fit for Madrid. In that same year RM signed Varane- who later turned out to be a wonder signing, but had Barca signed him instead that would have covered a current weakness.

in 2012 RM sign Modric but didn't Barca need creative cover in the CM position with Xavi taking a lesser role, and Barca signed Song when RM needed more grit in their midfield?

last year RM signed Bale and Barca signed Neymar - in the argument of diversity and balance did RM need another pace player in Bale or would they have done better with more attacking creativity in Neymar.  And would would Barca been a bit more assertive with a player like Bale instead of Neymar?

And now it looks like RM are signing Kroos but IMO he looks a better fit to take over for Xavi than Xabi.

This is just a thought some friends and I were discussing and I thought we could bring it to the interwebs so let's not get caught up in the nitpicking that can generate from a thread like this.  And remember I am not actually suggesting this, just food for thought.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Have Real Madrid and Barca Bought the Wrong Players? Empty Re: Have Real Madrid and Barca Bought the Wrong Players?

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Modric/Ozil would of been a better fit to Barca then Cesc/Rakitic

but those are the only two legit ones i think would benefit both clubs, Neymar and Bale are for the better if they stay in their current clubs.
the rest are what if questions.

these things are bound to happen to any top club not just rivals though.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Have Real Madrid and Barca Bought the Wrong Players? Empty Re: Have Real Madrid and Barca Bought the Wrong Players?

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:04 pm

It's scary to even think about Varane being at Barca
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:14 pm

I'd say that Suarez probably should have gone to Madrid too.

Interesting to think about though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Suarez was the signing I immediately thought of when I read the title but the other examples mentioned are very true.

The signing of Suarez is one of the most puzzling in recent history, because there is literally nothing Barcelona can do that does not compromise at least two of their all star front three. Madrid on the other hand are most likely going to offload Benzema and Suarez would be a perfect signing to shore up one of their few obvious weaknesses.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by _SuperFloren_ Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:43 am

Modric Varane and Bale have been all beasts for Madrid, so NO. They did the right transfers in this case. Mascherano is a useful player at Barca, Cesc a failure and Neymar seems to be another failure because Barca tries to play tiki taka with everybody, and Cesc and Neymar are not tiki taka material. Thats why every single recent sign for Barca is being a failure.
_SuperFloren_
_SuperFloren_
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:50 am

you've gotten dramatically worse at your trolling floren it used to be so subtle and baited people easier but now your making it too blatantly obvious.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:51 am

Kick wrote:I'd say that Suarez probably should have gone to Madrid too.

You kidding, brah? DAT marketability.

Have Real Madrid and Barca Bought the Wrong Players? BsiA4eICYAAq5Np

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 am

Fußball wrote:
Kick wrote:I'd say that Suarez probably should have gone to Madrid too.

You kidding, brah? DAT marketability.

Have Real Madrid and Barca Bought the Wrong Players? BsiA4eICYAAq5Np

Proud

Oh yeah, great marketability.

Are you sponsered by any Meat companies?
I doubt Suarez could eat all of Qatar...
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:53 am

rofl clowns still trying to make a case for suarez to madrid, what level is he gonna take us too? la deci... oh wait won that with benzema, hope to watch suarez struggle so you losers can stfu finally
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:58 am

chad4401 wrote:rofl clowns still trying to make a case for suarez to madrid, what level is he gonna take us too? la deci... oh wait won that with benzema, hope to watch suarez struggle so you losers can stfu finally

Damn bro, u mad?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:02 am

Real winning La Decima with Benzema was compareable to Spain winning Euros with Arbeloa if you ask me. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 am

3 south american players most mentioned in a south american world cup

I AM SHOCKED!.....
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:38 am

B-Mac wrote:3 south american players most mentioned in a south american world cup

I AM SHOCKED!.....

and that has to do with what exactly???
do Europeans or the rest of the world not have twitter? or do they only seem to care about south americans..

logic :facepalm:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:43 am

Fußball wrote:Real winning La Decima with Benzema was compareable to Spain winning Euros with Arbeloa if you ask me. hmm

inb4 40 goals season coming
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:51 am

Donuts wrote:
B-Mac wrote:3 south american players most mentioned in a south american world cup

I AM SHOCKED!.....

and that has to do with what exactly???
do Europeans or the rest of the world not have twitter? or do they only seem to care about south americans..

no but south americans have a closer eye on it and would be talking about it more then the rest of the world being so close to home

it would be like a world cup in america....Americans would be more focused on it then a world cup in Qatar

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:57 am

thats nonsense, the report is based on TWITTER not a newspaper in south america, idk where you live but more then 80% of the posters here are not from south america, but we still talk about the tournament probably more then the average south american.
the location of the tournament has almost nothing to do with who is more popular, Ronaldo despite having his typical horrible world cup made it to the 4th spot.. that should say it itself instead of james or other popular south americans that did well this world cup.

neymar was the leading goal scorer for most of the tournament, until james took his spot
Messi made it to the final
Suarez took a chunk outa a player
Ronaldo ???
Robben good performances
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:02 am

dedicated football fans who are members of a football forum talking about a world cup more then your average person.....ya don't say?! Laughing

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:08 am

so your saying in 2010, instead of people talking about spain/holland/brazil/germany
the general public spent their time talking about africans as a whole?

rofl

location means very little to the general fans all over the world, which is why twitter is used as a reference and not some newspaper from a local area.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:14 am

you're missing my point, South Americans are football nuts, a world cup in there backyard just cranks it up to the next level....meaning more tweets about football meaning more south americans talking about there south american players on twitter....my point was south americans probably pumped those numbers up with there increased attention on the world cup and being so close to home for most of them the average south american person who probably wouldn't otherwise tweet about football was.

my example of america was what i was trying to point out....the average american might not care about this world cup...but if it were in the states it would probably increase the attention from the usual non football fan
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:18 am

Neymar is the first that comes to mind, he would have been better of in Real Madrid. Same for Suarez. Buh the prospect of having messi Neymar and Suarez is quite mouthq watering though.. Though I think messi should be sold not cause he's bad Buh for the fact that he's at the wrong end of the curve right now .plus he's presence will continue to hinder the growth of Neymar just like others before him which was then acceptable when he was still in he's prime. (Selling messi wouldn't be the end of the world Barcelona will always move on and will continue to win titles)
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:48 am

Mainly Mascherano and Fabregas. We needed a DM in 2010 and in 2011 we needed a CM. However long term it was better for us not to sign either of them. Having Mascherano would mean we would have still had the same problems we had with Khedira. Neither could really control a midfield.

In terms of Fabregas, his defensive ability and lack of agility would have been questioned. Modric is a better fit.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:46 pm

clowns will be clowns, end of the day madrid didn't needs suarez, you farca retards should be thanking benzema cause he is the main reasons you idiots got suarez rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum