Goal.com's bias towards Brazilian players in the EPL?

+12
Gil
Swanhends
fatman123
BiasedMilanFan3
Pedram
Vibe
kiranr
the xcx
Adit
Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rsinatra
16 posters

Go down

Goal.com's bias towards Brazilian players in the EPL? Empty Goal.com's bias towards Brazilian players in the EPL?

Post by rsinatra Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Lucas and Ramires, who play for Liverpool and Chelsea, had a terrible game last night. They dont seem to understand each other, and they left the defenders alone with Ecuador's forwards a number of times. There was a lot of space between them for our opponents to get through.

Ramires runs around a lot, which is good, but his passes were terrible, he ruined some good attacks we had, and he just wasn't good enough.

The funny thing is that Lucas was less bad than Ramires, and yet goal.com gave him 6,5, while giving 7,0 to Ramires.

I usually like Ramires, but he sure wasn't worth a 7,0 last night.

Btw what's up with Thiago Silva? Hasnt been doing well.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Goal.com's bias towards Brazilian players in the EPL? Empty Re: Goal.com's bias towards Brazilian players in the EPL?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Lucas, Ramires and Thiago Silva wont be dropped for consistently poor performances though.

While other player's makes one mistake and they are dropped.

:coffee:

On topic why are you reading goal.com ratings? i could give a better rating and i didnt watch the game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Goal.com's bias towards Brazilian players in the EPL? Empty Re: Goal.com's bias towards Brazilian players in the EPL?

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:28 pm

I had no Idea Brazilians were in EPL Very Happy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:38 pm

seriously,i have watched enough of chelsea last season and i have no idea what ramirez can provide .He runs around like a head less chicked and thats it.

He isnt a play maker ,destroyer nor is a good anchor man.What qualities are in him to be labled as future best box to box player? Being young doesnt justify for your poor display.

Lass ATM is far better than ramirez imo

just my observations
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Adit wrote:seriously,i have watched enough of chelsea last season and i have no idea what ramirez can provide .He runs around like a head less chicked and thats it.

He isnt a play maker ,destroyer nor is a good anchor man.What qualities are in him to be labled as future best box to box player? Being young doesnt justify for your poor display.

just my observations
Ya, I agree with the Ramirez part, wasnt really impressed the performance he made last season.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Adit wrote:seriously,i have watched enough of chelsea last season and i have no idea what ramirez can provide .He runs around like a head less chicked and thats it.

just my observations

Lass is better than Ramires? Good lord man! Ramires has exception work rate and that is what his managers value. He is a good player to have in a counter attacking system, which is why Dunga chose him initially. He is a very good utility player and that is his asset.

Who said he is the best B2B anyway?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Goal.com,you premface :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Goal.com editors doesn't watch the games.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Lass ATM is better than ramirez and im not being biased,Ramirez may have a bright future ahead but he isnt better than lass ATM,not even close. Lass is leaving this summer any way.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:12 pm

oi you stole my sig
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:16 pm

goal.com ratings, really?
the only time i look at them is the day after the game so i can point out to myself how biased and wrong they are
the amount of torres and rameres bashing in those ratings by goal.com last season was ridiculous btw
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:20 pm

neither had one of their better games, but its ridiculous to start shitting on them now

How many other midfielders have to play 2 vs 3/4 all game in midfield with basically zero help from their forwards?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Lol @ this thread. When two players are doing the defending of about 5-6 players on the pitch and they actually won the match then they automatically played well. I do agree his passing was poor but anyone has consistently watched him knows he's better than that.

"he runs around alot" Laughing go watch Chelsea games from January to May if you think all he does is run.

Lass ATM is better than ramirez and im not being biased,Ramirez may have a bright future ahead but he isnt better than lass ATM,not even close. Lass is leaving this summer any way.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:47 pm

anyway true goal.com bias is with messi, if messi farts theres somebody writing an editorial about "the fart of god"
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Ramirez is technically average (inbefore that goal being shown) Laughing

He isnt a destroyer,offers little to nothing physicaly.He is far from a play maker.What else he offers? ridiculous work rate yeah but it will not make up for quality.I have yet to see a impressive match from him,and i dont think he is gona be a starter in Villas Boas plans. Laughing

and Lass is better
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:59 pm

Not even going to bother replying to that. Some of the Madrid fanboys on here are ridiculous.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Gil wrote:Madrid fanboys Sleep

:lol!: :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 am

Lass is better then RamireS though.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:15 am

ramires and lucas are worse than xabi and biscuits together
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:15 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:oi you stole my sig

the other way around kid, i got mine from globoesporte as soon as it came out.

Gil wrote:

Lol @ this thread. When two players are doing the defending of about 5-6 players on the pitch and they actually won the match then they automatically played well. I do agree his passing was poor but anyone has consistently watched him knows he's better than that.

"he runs around alot" Laughing go watch Chelsea games from January to May if you think all he does is run.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have seen Ramires play well and deliver good performances. I don't think he's generally terrible, but he was pretty poor last Saturday and hasn't been impressive as of lately.

But , I mean, you're probably as biased as me about Santos, or madrid fanboys about RM. it's nothing abnormal..
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:23 pm

If we're basing it on "run like a headless chicken"... Lass and Ramires are pretty equal, IMO.

Ramires is not as bad as you make him out to be, I've seen plenty of good games from him for Chelsea.

Anyways, this is what you get when you don't call up Luiz Gustavo :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:23 pm

btw , i know goal.com sucks, but i cant help reading the ratings, and discussing them is not a problem, i mean that is why we're on a forum ...
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:28 pm

yeah on par with lass on" head less chicken " thing lol. .Ramirez is good as a ball carier but i think Brazil could get alot better CMs than an average ball carier box to box imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Correct me if im wrong,Hernanes is far better player than ramires,why he isnt starting? did he got the call up?

Lucas-Hernanes would have been the ideal pairing imo,one ball winner in lucas and a play maker in Hernanes.Instead all we can see is Ramires running into opposition defense like a may fly lol. Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:17 am

Adit wrote:Correct me if im wrong,Hernanes is far better player than ramires,why he isnt starting? did he got the call up?

Lucas-Hernanes would have been the ideal pairing imo,one ball winner in lucas and a play maker in Hernanes.Instead all we can see is Ramires running into opposition defense like a may fly lol. Laughing

Hernanes didn't get called up, stupid decision by Mano. Hernanes was the best midfielder in Serie A last season and almost singlehandedly took Lazio to 5th.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum