DeletedUser#1
McAgger
Onyx
RealGunner
Jay29
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Euro. Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 5 Empty Re: Euro. Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:48 pm

Zealous wrote:

lol man I'm sorry it hurts but we''l take good care of our new German genius :bow:

Like hell you will. Next thing you know he'll grow and colour his hair and wear some bizarre tiara :facepalm:

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Euro. Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 5 Empty Re: Euro. Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:49 pm

The thing is, I don't really get why a 4-4-2 is that accomodating for Real's players, but I'm no coach.

At least I recognize my dogmatic view of lineups and tactics is limiting my understanding of all the goings-on, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

That being said, a 4-4-2 can take many shapes, especially a diamond shaped 4-4-2 can become a 4-3-3 quite quickly, a formation I understand much better.

I'm just utterly in love with the balance of the 4-2-3-1, but in the end, that's all theoretical, and the balance is only there, if you got the players for it. Madrid visibly made no efforts to sign an actual DM, so I guess it will be CMs for the forseeable future. And why not.

In the end, Kroos has gotten better at defensive stuff every season, and Schweinsteiger was nowhere near this young when he had to learn how to defend, and look at that complete beast now, mofo's the most complete player in the world.

Teach Kroos to defend properly, and remind him he used to be good at finishing a season ago, and he might bring a bit of balance all on his own, regardless of formation.

Khedira though, man, that guy is everywhere at once. I'm just not entirely convinced you need Modric now that you have Kroos, harsh and counter-intuitive as that might sound.
Or just 4-3-3 all those guys in there.
Have Kroos-Modric-Khedira CM'ing together, behind Balenaldo and either Benz or Isco as a (false?) 9. And I'm sure there's a theoretical use for James as well.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Arbeloa is a mediocre player. And carvajal, i like him but he has some obvious flaws he is still working through. we put every player in madrid under competition, and i dont see why he should escape that, spanish cantera or not. i would put a fire under his arse with another player and see what happen.

yes, if khedira accepts to stay, no problem, but he is an awfully limited player in the type of positional play we are trying to put together. but as always, people continue thinking that we are germany and khedira is awesome.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Arbeloa is a mediocre player. And carvajal, i like him but he has some obvious flaws he is still working through. we put every player in madrid under competition, and i dont see why he should escape that, spanish cantera or not. i would put a fire under his arse with another player and see what happen.

yes, if khedira accepts to stay, no problem, but he is an awfully limited player in the type of positional play we are trying to put together. but as always, people continue thinking that we are germany and khedira is awesome.

well, some of the best coaches in the world don't seem to think that. but maybe you know better than them.  hmm 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:56 pm

@Viva, the 442 is because of CR. He was one of our greatest weakness when we were playing 4231 because of the lack of coverage he was doing on his wing. that meant, one 6 had to pull wide to support marcelo, opening gaps down the middle and easy opportunities for counters vs us.

442 allows us to let CR roam up top alone, while we make sure we have two players on each wing working together and 2 midfielders down the middle in front of the defense.

better balance.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Arbeloa is a mediocre player. And carvajal, i like him but he has some obvious flaws he is still working through. we put every player in madrid under competition, and i dont see why he should escape that, spanish cantera or not. i would put a fire under his arse with another player and see what happen.

well, some of the best coaches in the world don't seem to think that. but maybe you know better than them.  hmm 
i knew i would waste my time trying to argue with you. you never disappoint.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Why not just make Ronaldo a (false) 9, then?

Well, okay, I guess he is basically a 2nd striker in that case, which is about just as well has having a defensively non-existent #10, which lots of teams have, so this is probably a good idea.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

you can't have 2 top players on every position man. top players always want to start. look at benzema and higuain for example. coentrao-marcelo is an exception because they complement each other extremely well.

khedira is an utility man. the kind of player every coach loves.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 pm

because he cant play that kind of role, it's just isnt in his make up, and his understanding of footy cant extend that direction.

I think of CR as our n9, benzema is the second striker.

exactly, about the lazy n10, that's why we keep our defense deep and cant press as high as we would want at times, open space on counters tho, so it still works to our advantage in some ways.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:04 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

you can't have 2 top players on every position man. top players always want to start. look at benzema and higuain for example. coentrao-marcelo is an exception because they complement each other extremely well.

khedira is an utility man. the kind of player every coach loves.
yes, i am sure that when khedira was asking 10 mil to man utd, it's because he sees himself an utility man, lol. i never said we needed a top player in his role, but he is an awfully limited footballer, it's just how it is.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5