Red Alert
CBarca
El Gunner
RedOranje
Art Morte
83 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 29 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by Sri Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Art Morte wrote:The curious case of Welbeck:

Many ex-Man United people, like Gary Neville, have come out and said they don't understand the Welbeck sale to a direct rival and that it breaks United's traditions and whatnot.

And now Wenger has said that: "If I'd stayed at home he wouldn't be here now." (Wenger wasn't in England on deadline day).

He wanted Welbeck on loan, perhaps with an option to buy.

Does nobody truly want him? Interesting to see how Wenger will use him after these comments.

btw, quite the motivational speech to Welbeck by Wenger there. "If I'd stayed at home he wouldn't be here now".

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29156465

Very good example of twisting words and half-truths here. I didn't expect you to be so gullible.

Full quote:

“Danny Welbeck is an ideal signing for us because he can play through the middle, which I think is his best position, but as well on the flanks,” he said.

“His qualities are his team attitude and his pace as well. As you could see with England, his goalscoring too. When you analyse his game you think he has the qualities to play through the middle.

“He was at Man United, where he had many big stars, and he is a player who is very versatile so he had to make room sometimes for players to play through the middle. But if you analyse in an objective way his qualities, I think he has the perfect style to play through the middle.

He can make himself a better player [here] because I can help him. He's a young boy, he's not 24 yet and let's not forget that some players who arrived here at the age of 23 made huge careers here so I hope we can contribute and help him.”

Wenger was in Italy on transfer deadline day at a charity match, but he says that actually helped the Welbeck deal go through.

“If I had not travelled that day, Welbeck would not be here,” he said. “I'll explain that a bit later but the coincidence made that because I was on my way. If I had stayed at home, Welbeck would not be here today. That's the truth.

We are in 2014 and you can always be in touch with everybody even when you travel. The advantage of that day was I had to get up at six o'clock in the morning and I was available the whole day.

SOURCE: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140911/-we-can-make-welbeck-a-better-player-

I don't even... :facepalm:

Last edited by srigooner on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 29 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by Sri Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Also, must add:

Disgusting by BBC. Credibility went down a few notches. They might as well hire the like of Tancredi Palmeri as Chief Correspondents at this rate.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Also my thoughts earlier today in the Arsenal section:

srigooner wrote:Lends credibility to what Gunnerblog said on Arsecast about Welbeck's agent (his brother?) being family and Arsenal brining in a 3rd party agent for that reason, who was on the flight to Rome with AW.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:37 pm

I think Sturridge and Sterling are my favourite duo to watch at the moment. Two similar players in different body sizes that have a genuine understanding with one another. Not a fake partnership like Bale/Ronaldo.

The pace they play at and the fear they play without is exciting to watch. Both are big game players as well.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Seeing the light Jill Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Seeing the light Jill Proud

You didn't rate either player at one point though. hmm
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:21 pm

gtfo I always rated Sterling. Go look at the Liverpool section and threads when I was hyping him as a 15-16 year old.

There was only a point in Rodgers first season when he was 17 and he was starting but really not contributing much when I was calling for him to get benched and not get overburned.

And last season before December when he was a bencher I was saying that he needed game time and needed a loan.

But I always rated him.

Sturridge I rated, I just didn't like him (in fact I hated him) for choosing to go to Chelsea and ruining his career.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:37 pm

I can confirm, when Sterling first started to get games he used to lose the ball far too often when trying to dribble past players like he no doubt had gotten used to at youth level. He's a different player now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Andy Hunter - The Guardian wrote:Liverpool to make complaint to the FA over Sturridge injury

Liverpool are seething at England’s treatment of Daniel Sturridge after the striker had a request rejected for a recovery training session on the day he suffered his thigh injury...

...Liverpool are to make a complaint to the Football Association over Sturridge’s latest injury on international duty, which occurred less than 48 hours after he played 89 minutes of England’s friendly against Norway...

...Normally, the 25-year-old has an active recovery session two days after a match – a low-to-moderate-intensity routine designed to avoid muscle problems. Sturridge asked England’s coaching team for such a session last Friday but though Gary Cahill sat out training that day with a fitness problem, the Liverpool striker was instructed to take part in regular training instead.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/11/daniel-sturridge-england-brendan-rodgers-liverpool
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Liverpool needs to get on with it and move on. What good would a complaint do? Seriously. Hodgson won't get punished for it. What's done is done now, Sturridge isn't the only player to injured during internationals, regardless of the circumstances.

Sturridge should have spoken to him if he knew any sort of training would further aggrevate the injury. I doubt the coaching staff would have forced him to do regular training if they knew the extent of the injury.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:20 am

RED wrote:Liverpool needs to get on with it and move on. What good would a complaint do? Seriously. Hodgson won't get punished for it. What's done is done now, Sturridge isn't the only player to injured during internationals, regardless of the circumstances.

Sturridge should have spoken to him if he knew any sort of training would further aggrevate the injury. I doubt the coaching staff would have forced him to do regular training if they knew the extent of the injury.

Sturridge has gotten injured in 3 of the last 4 internationals training under Hodgson. Clearly, it is not a one-off incident with him.
A complaint is necessary and a real warning to the FA.

and no man, no matter how bad and outdated Moyes was with you guys last year, he will never match Hoofson's outdatedness and overall incompetence. Moyes looks like Rinus Michels compared to Hodgson. The guy is the biggest prick in football.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:44 am

RED wrote:Liverpool needs to get on with it and move on. What good would a complaint do? Seriously. Hodgson won't get punished for it. What's done is done now, Sturridge isn't the only player to injured during internationals, regardless of the circumstances.

But he DID SPEAK TO HODGESON ABOUT IT AND WAS IGNORED.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:50 am

Of course they should complain, it's not about getting some minor punishment handed out i'd imagine it's about making sure the exact same thing doesn't happen in the future as by the looks of things Sturridge will be on International duty for many years to come.

I'd be pissed off too tbh
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:55 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
Sturridge has gotten injured in 3 of the last 4 internationals training under Hodgson. Clearly, it is not a one-off incident with him.
A complaint is necessary and a real warning to the FA.

and no man, no matter how bad and outdated Moyes was with you guys last year, he will never match Hoofson's outdatedness and overall incompetence. Moyes looks like Rinus Michels compared to Hodgson. The guy is the biggest prick in football.

I get what you're saying for sure, the guy is from Moyes' class of dinosaur tactics and football. But he is the darling of the FA, the best they'll do is chuckle with him and give him a slap on the wrist. 3 out of 4 is terrible and if LFC can achieve something from the complaint, then more power to them. Injury to key players is the biggest aspect of international football that pisses me off the most.

They didn't specify that in the quote above, but if true, that is out of order.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:04 am

RED wrote:

They didn't specify that in the quote above, but if true, that is out of order.

RedOranje wrote:
Andy Hunter - The Guardian wrote:Liverpool to make complaint to the FA over Sturridge injury

Liverpool are seething at England’s treatment of Daniel Sturridge after the striker had a request rejected for a recovery training session on the day he suffered his thigh injury...

...Liverpool are to make a complaint to the Football Association over Sturridge’s latest injury on international duty, which occurred less than 48 hours after he played 89 minutes of England’s friendly against Norway...

...Normally, the 25-year-old has an active recovery session two days after a match – a low-to-moderate-intensity routine designed to avoid muscle problems. Sturridge asked England’s coaching team for such a session last Friday but though Gary Cahill sat out training that day with a fitness problem, the Liverpool striker was instructed to take part in regular training instead.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/11/daniel-sturridge-england-brendan-rodgers-liverpool
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:08 am

Well, specify to me would say he directly 'spoke to Hodgson', not imply it by saying he spoke to the coaching staff. For all we know it could be any other member of the coaching staff
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:21 am

@Red What's your point ? A member of the coaching staff should be able to take the right decision or should at leadt communicate with the head coach.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:26 am

Liverpool's failure to deal with Sturridge was the major reason for Sturridge's injury that caused him to miss 8 Premier League matches last season.

It's amusing how a large group of their fanbase blame Roy Hodgson only.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:03 am

I didn't think that you can blame Hodgson earlier when I thought it was just bad luck, an injury suffered in a normal training session.

But if Sturridge asked for training that's especially suited to him and was denied that, then it totally is Hodgson's fault. It's still bad luck, obviously, but it shows awful disregard by Hodgson. If he wants Liverpool players in the national team, he must listen to the club's information and requests about how to handle the players as not all training suits everyone.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:30 am

RED wrote:Well, specify to me would say he directly 'spoke to Hodgson', not imply it by saying he spoke to the coaching staff. For all we know it could be any other member of the coaching staff

Bénin wrote:@Red What's your point ? A member of the coaching staff should be able to take the right decision or should at leadt communicate with the head coach.

Chris Bascombe - Telegraph wrote:Although the information regarding Sturridge’s tailored training programme was provided to Roy Hodgson – and the Liverpool striker made his worries known – he was still told to fully participate.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11090915/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-upset-with-England-over-Daniel-Sturridge-injury.html

Rodgers knew exactly what Sturridge's training regime was supposed to be, what the consequences could be, and that the request was made... and yet backed the order for Sturridge to participate in full regular training.

Pippo wrote:Liverpool's failure to deal with Sturridge was the major reason for Sturridge's injury that caused him to miss 8 Premier League matches last season.

It's amusing how a large group of their fanbase blame Roy Hodgson only.
Are you referring to the time when Hodgson told Sturridge that he wanted him to play when unfit to "test his resolve"... basically telling him that if he did not play he could very well lose his place in the international side just before the World Cup? Because yea, it's totally LIVERPOOL'S fault that Sturridge played to continue his England career and go to the World Cup only to get injured. Rolling Eyes
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:40 am

Club football is back! Premier League, Champions League and COC to come before the next international break comes along to suck the life and fun out of everything again.

The games this weekend:

Saturday

Arsenal vs Manchester City (12:45)
Chelsea vs Swansea (15:00)
Crystal Palace vs Burnley (15:00)
Southampton vs Newcastle (15:00)
Stoke vs Leicester (15:00)
Sunderland vs Tottenham (15:00)
West Brom vs Everton (15:00)
Liverpool vs Aston Villa (17:30)

Sunday

Nottingham Forest vs Derby County (13:15) [Championship]
Manchester United vs QPR (16:00)

Monday

Hull City vs West Ham (20:00)

Potentially, it could be a very good weekend of football. Some nice match-ups there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Falcao: Many teams wanted me in the summer, Real Madrid were interested but I chose Manchester United......

How is it possible he could say that with a straight face Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:14 pm

Fans are too smart to believe the spew oozing from Falcao's mouth. Don't think even United fans buy it. It's just clever PR fed to him by his agent

Just waiting for him to say "I've dreamed of playing for United since I was a boy" :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Falcao: Many teams wanted me in the summer, Real Madrid were interested but I chose Manchester United......once I found out they were willing to accept my wage demands
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Assam: I've put Hull City on the markey

Controversial Hull owner Assem Allam boasted yesterday that he'd put the club up for sale just 22 hours after the Court of Arbitration for Sport rejected his widely mocked "Tigers" rebrand.
The 75-year-old Egyptian appeared in front of the media to "clear the air" following rumours that he had already completed a sale.
Allam said he'd put the club up for sale less than a day after the FA rejected his plan to ditch the historic name Hull City AFC in favour of calling the club Hull Tigers.
But he revealed he's also seeking to have the FA decision overturned at the highest level and will remain in charge if he succeeds.
His preferred option is "whichever comes first," Allam said, adding that he'd "give it away" if both courses failed.
"As a consequence of the FA's decision on April 9 I announced on April 10 that Hull City is for sale - the club, not the (city) council.
"I am using the wording Hull City now to show respect to the FA decision.
"This announcement is in accordance with my decision 10 months ago that I would walk away within 24 hours (if the rebrand was unsuccessful).
"In actual fact it was 22 hours. When I say something I mean it. I don't call bluffs.
"We have also begun the appeal against the FA decision via arbitration and we are hopeful of a positive outcome or that the FA reconsider their decision.
"Until the conclusion of that appeal or the sale, whichever comes first, we will remain fully committed to the club.
"If the appeal comes first: OK, no harm done. If the sale comes first: sold."
Supporters group City Till We Die (CTWD) has vehemently and vocally opposed the name change, but Allam claimed he'd initiated his arbitration bid on behalf of a "silent majority" of fans.
CTWD expressed its "disappointment" at the news that Allam intended to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over the name change.
It said it was confident that the FA decision "remains fair and just" and that there was "no ground for CAS to overturn any decision achieved by such a rigid process."
But the group was keen to praise Allam and his son Ehab for stepping in to secure the club's future in 2010, saying: "CTWD continue to support the Allams ownership of the club.
"Their input means the club is in far better shape on the field than it was when they took over and, for that, we thank them.
"We remain happy to work with the owners, old or new, on issues that matter deeply to fans of Hull City AFC and especially the 1,800 members of City Till We Die."

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-89d0-Assam-Ive-put-Hull-City-on-the-markey
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:40 pm

Not sure which of Arsenal-City I want losing that match hmm

A draw wouldn't be bad at all.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next