Great Leader Sprucenuce
cheesy
DagenhamDave
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Patrick Vieira retires - Page 2 Empty Re: Patrick Vieira retires

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Vieira was definately better then ballack, but its a close call with matthaus. Thats a hard one to decide

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Magricos wrote: Arsenal shouldn't have sold him when they did.

He left .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:Vieira was definately better then ballack, but its a close call with matthaus. Thats a hard one to decide

Why is that even a point of discussion ? The title of the thread was 'Patrick Vieria retires' not 'Vieira vs Ballack/Matthaus . Who was better?'.
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 pm

An interesting stat I heard a while ago was that in the 19 years of the Premier League, every season where Vieira has not played most of the games, Arsenal have not been in the top 2, while every season he has, they have been inside the top two.

Vieira was the driving force when he was at Arsenal and I would go as far to say that he was more important to the team on a whole than Henry and Bergkamp were.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:14 pm

drakefyre wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Vieira was definately better then ballack, but its a close call with matthaus. Thats a hard one to decide

Why is that even a point of discussion ? The title of the thread was 'Patrick Vieria retires' not 'Vieira vs Ballack/Matthaus . Who was better?'.

When you say someone is the best it becomes a point of discussion.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:25 pm

In terms of what though? ballack had an incredible head, amazing free kick, was a midfield maestro, and was superb defensively (his days with chelsea he was more of a defensive midfielder).
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:19 pm

HI forum members!
so this will be my first post, and I will probably end up alienating myself from the other arsenal supporters when i say this , but I have to be honest here. I am disappointed with Vieira, to me he is no legend! Us arsenal fans need to open our eyes. Sure he achieved so much with us, but if we were in similar position 10 years back as we are in now , he would have left us. To me he has shown his true colour and that is really all there is to it! COULD YOU SEE KEAN, SCHOLES, GIGGS joining as the staff of a team that is emerging as the "immediate replacement" of United (if they were ever to be in similar position)?

PS: the shitty period that we are going through at the moment (our worst since the birth of PL) will only filter out the plastic players and fans. I look at these dry, and barren horrible times as something that is needed to truly start fresh for our team. And finally i have nothing against Man city, they are not at fault for wanting to better their team, I just expected much more from our run away players.

Any ways im going to end the rant
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:HI forum members!
so this will be my first post, and I will probably end up alienating myself from the other arsenal supporters when i say this , but I have to be honest here. I am disappointed with Vieira, to me he is no legend! Us arsenal fans need to open our eyes. Sure he achieved so much with us, but if we were in similar position 10 years back as we are in now , he would have left us. To me he has shown his true colour and that is really all there is to it! COULD YOU SEE KEAN, SCHOLES, GIGGS joining as the staff of a team that is emerging as the "immediate replacement" of United (if they were ever to be in similar position)?

PS: the shitty period that we are going through at the moment (our worst since the birth of PL) will only filter out the plastic players and fans. I look at these dry, and barren horrible times as something that is needed to truly start fresh for our team. And finally i have nothing against Man city, they are not at fault for wanting to better their team, I just expected much more from our run away players.

Vieira may have not been the most loyal player Arsenal ever had, but you cannot deny that he was a great one who served the team for a very long time.

I don't know what you think of Henry personally, but I know that a lot of Arsenal fans regard him as their greatest player. He ended up leaving Arsenal to go to Barcelona once Arsenal hit a bad spell.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:HI forum members!

Disagree . Once a legend , always a legend .

People do not consider Vieira an Arsenal legend for how much he is a fan of Arsenal and how much he cares for Arsenal, but for what he has done for the Arsenal.
And nothing he does in the future can undermine what he has already done in the past .
I wish him all the best in his future endev
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:54 pm

cheesy wrote:Vieira was probably the best holding midfielder in the world when he was in his prime. Top quality player and I wish the game had more like him.

kudos bro...
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:05 am

TheBlueArmy wrote:hate to be a party pooper, but I think ballack was better/more complete than vieira

hate to be a party pooper but I think you are mentally challenged .
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:32 am

ali8775 wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:hate to be a party pooper, but I think ballack was better/more complete than vieira

I think your mentally challenged too.
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:34 am

TheBlueArmy wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

your opinion is less shared then mine haha,

welcome to the forums...sorry I welcomed you in such a rude manner : /

I didn't notice
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:53 am

gkamtu wrote:
cheesy wrote:Vieira was probably the best holding midfielder in the world when he was in his prime. Top quality player and I wish the game had more like him.

kudos bro...
What? scratch

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:25 am

ali8775 wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

your opinion is less shared then mine haha,

welcome to the forums...sorry I welcomed you in such a rude manner : /

I didn't notice

hahahaha it's all good man. You are just trying to protect an arsenal legend, I would do the same with lampard and terry
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:34 am

The end of the 90s class is coming. Vieira joins the likes of Sylvinho, Beletti, Cannavaro and R9 to have basically call it a day on the game.
Great, great MF in his time, a much superior version to Yaya of today. His dominance over his opponents was astounding. Funny no one mentioned the Vieira vs Keane rivalry...Epic rivalry between the 2 players and their teams at the time.
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:52 am

As I said in the Arsenal forum, he’s one of the best midfielders I’ve ever seen at his prime.
Respect
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:32 pm

cheesy wrote:
gkamtu wrote:

kudos bro...
What? scratch

an old custom .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:43 pm

When I first started following Arsenal as a pre-teen....Vieira was the player I knew more than any other.....his ability to completely boss not only the midfield, but the whole match was astounding and amazing in equal measure.

He'll be sorely missed from the game.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Amazing player and an absolute legend.
Sad to see him retire.
First Scholes
Now Vieira.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:39 pm

The ultimate box to box midfielder. The way he bossed the midfield at times were downright scary. Viera was just superb, an absolute legend. Sad days for football. First Ronaldo, then Scholes, then Cannavaro now Viera.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2