EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Falls in line with Wenger's comments for the past month or so: he's content with his forward options at the moment.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Lex Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:23 pm

What forward options? Laughing Giroud's out until next year, Sanogo is green, Walcott is not fit, Sanchez isn't a forward per se and Podolski is on Twitter
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Lex wrote:What forward options? Laughing Giroud's out until next year, Sanogo is green, Walcott is not fit, Sanchez isn't a forward per se and Podolski is on Twitter

He is talking about Ramsey, non of those are forwards. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Walcott will be back after Leicester (two week international break), Campbell is capable and desperate to prove his worth, Giroud is out but will be back which would complicate a long term move for a forward, Sanogo is still raw though but Sanchez has certainly shown that he has the attributes of a forward albeit in a brief amount of time.

We have way more options now than we did last year. Will be saying we need a DM and CB until I'm blue I'm the face
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:44 pm

Podolski and Walcott will probably play 1 or 2 games up top and it'll be proven yet again they don't really fit playing alone up top and are far better just playing out wide.
I think it'll be the same story with Joel

What's going to end up happening, is Sanchez is going to have to play every game till 2015 in a position he might not even be suited for playing with us. This bullshit is ridiculous
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 pm

The lulz when Alexis inevitably gets injured and Wenger is forced to play Sanogo upfront (if he's not injured aswell), because Walcott is our best RIGHT WINGER and needs to play there and he realizes that Campbell hasn't actually played as a striker for a club in 2-3 years of his developement and will struggle in that position until we lose too many points and he changes back to Sanogo and after losing more points and crashing out of more competitions he remembers that Podolski is actually a CRAP centre-forward and that Sanogo is his best option.

After we find ourselves way out of the title race, Alexis will come back and secure our top 4 place, at that point Wenger will blame injuries rather than himself for not signing the right players.

Yay can't wait for that to happen.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:38 pm

If Wenger does not address our 2 weakest points add DM and CF, there is no way he can say he is SERIOUS about winning any trophies. Wenger can’t be this delusional and i think him saying we don’t need a new striker is just a bluff

No more delusional ambition, this is the same squad from last year and only few weeks in to season and losing so many players. Counting on Yaya to lead the Arsenal line is just embarrassing and shocking for a big club.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:56 pm

I don't understand why Wenger was so evasive when asked about Falcao if we were 100% certain we weren't trying to get him at all.

I'm not saying we're in or that it's likely but that he'd probably have dismissed it rather than insisted that "transfers be kept secret" if there was no chance. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Don't forget this from the Ornacle three years ago:
@bbcsport_david: Can confirm Arsenal move for Arteta is completely OFF but Benayoun is now likely to join on loan from Chelsea
https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/108970308819623936

Things get mad in the last few days, I remember Guillem Ballsbag said Özil didn't want to join Arsenal and he was opting for United lolz.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:02 pm

In the end, we're going to end up overspending on someone 1/5th of Falcao's quality
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Still waiting for that centre back and defensive midfielder...

Going to be waiting a long time, aren't I? Neutral

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:45 pm

cheer up people
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Can't expect anything above 4th if Arsene thinks this squad is as good as it can get. Sorry to say that.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:Can't expect anything above 4th if Arsene thinks this squad is as good as it can get. Sorry to say that.

Shield up, white knight icm Very Happy kidding aside, this transfer season has be like a free fall, started so high and now we're in a hole. Hopefully some good new in last hours to crawl us out.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:08 pm

Qualify and Go big Molenation
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 pm

I can understand his reluctance to sign a centre forward because he does, at least, have a number players who could play there to varying degrees of success. It's a gamble, but Alexis was clearly our centre forward signing. If he adapts well, then cool, we don't have to worry anymore. If not, then, well, we can cycle through Campbell, Walcott, Podolski and Sanogo and hope that the scoring slack is picked up elsewhere. It's not ideal but at least you can rely on your midfielders for goals. Plus you've got that whole needing to adapt thing that comes with new players.

And I can understand not signing a defensive midfielder because we've got two there already and signing another one means one gets marginalised. Or at least that's the excuse Wenger will give. I don't agree with it but at least we've got two players for the position who are competent against most sides. And Diaby is like a new signing, anyway.

Centre back, though... are we really going to rely on 19 year old Chambers to be backup for Koscielny and Mertesacker? What happens if more than one centre half is unavaiable? Who do we rely on? At least last year we had Sagna who could fill in. This year we've got kids, Monreal and bloody Arteta who, I'm pretty sure, has never played centre back before. Just imagine us travelling to City, Chelsea or Liverpool with a centre back pairing of Chambers and Monreal.

So if nothing else, I really, really hope for a centre back.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:23 pm

Yes, apparently Wenger bought Alexis as a striker. So your wishes got fulfilled and you didn't even realized it.
Anyway Alexis is a quality improvement, so get positive ffs.

I think you'll win the league this year.

Why the hell not.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:25 pm

If we sign Carvalho he can be first choice DM and 4th choice CB behind Chambers/Per/Kos.

If we sign a CB like Sokratis he can be 3rd choice CB, Chambers can be 4th choice CB and play DM if the occasion calls for it.

I agree, we at least have options up front, while at the back we're a knock away from Monreal playing CB.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Guys, we're going to win the treble with the players we have + one deadline day defensive signing. Relax.

Arsenal 7-0 Barca in the CL final. Calling it now.

(I'll be mostly away from GL until sometime next week ... maybe better to miss deadline craziness.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:38 pm

away on the deadline day :O :O :O :O
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:Can't expect anything above 17th if Pardew thinks this squad is as good as it can get. Sorry to say that.

Cheer up brah.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Lol you will finish 8-10
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Loic Remy signing for Chelsea, apparently. Provided he passes his medical this time.

Apparently not good enough for us, though. Mad

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:02 pm

In slightly more encouraging news, we've apparently gone back in with a €20mil bid for Papastathopoulos, according to a source who broke Manolas to Roma.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/piezei-gia-swkrati-i-arsenal/783861

I don't doubt our interest, but can't see how this deal would benefit Dortmund in any way whatsoever.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Was watching Dortmund-Ausburg. Sokratis was miles better than Subotic. Dortmund selling the wrong CB if they do.

I hope we can get him. But any more than 20m is a bit too much
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next