Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
Zealous
DeletedUser#1
RedOranje
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Dramatic (but not unfamiliar) Suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: A Dramatic (but not unfamiliar) Suggestion

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Not too bothered about it from a Juve perspective. Really if we achieve what's expected of us for another season or two we'd be in pot 1 anyway at the expense of Benfica or something

From a Neutrals view, sounds like a great idea imo

A couple of drawbacks with scrubs like Ajax (If you want to quote this and lecture me about ancient history you can *bleep* off) can secure easy groups. EDIT: Just seen that league doesn't count apparantly

But imo being the 'champions' league, it only makes sense that the CHAMPIONS get a top seed as opposed to CL regulars who aren't actually winning anything

Makes it more exciting, as opposed to gradually building up your co-eff points, one great title winning season and you're top.

Last edited by Tomwin Lannister on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

A Dramatic (but not unfamiliar) Suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: A Dramatic (but not unfamiliar) Suggestion

Post by zigra Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Netherlands are not in the top 7 leagues though. The top 7 currently are:

EPL
Bundi
La Liga
Serie A
Ligue 1
Portuguese league
Russian league

Oh Shoot forgot about Russia, poor Ajax can't catch a break Laughing

Wouldn't matter anyway. As if playing worse teams would change anything while we're still shit lol

Not sure what to make of that idea. I actually like it cause after all it's the "champions" league and being champion should mean at least something. Then again I do like that clubs at the moment have to work their way up to the top... but still I think I'm slightly in favour of the idea.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:23 pm

lmao it's a pretty terrible idea for a club that hasn't own its league for 25 years, let me tell you that Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm all for merging leagues (though I highly doubt a benelux league would be able to compete with the biggest leagues) but sadly I don't think it'll happen.. not in the next 10 years at least.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Don't call me James wrote:lmao it's a pretty terrible idea for a club that hasn't own its league for 25 years, let me tell you that Laughing

Although if you end up in pot 2 for ages every year you're guaranteed to Miss Bayern - Barca/Madrid so that's actually a very good thing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:30 pm

barca would still get the same group lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Surely this actually makes things better on average for teams in pot 2?

Because in the top leagues, there's always several pot 1 caliber clubs missing out on pot 1 as obviously you can only have 1 pot 1 team per league

So looking from somebody like PSGs case, they miss

2,3 and 4 in the BPL

Bayern Munich (Occasionally dortmund)

and

One of Barca - Real mostly
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:33 pm

#1. I would have preferred CL & EL Champions along with Champions of top six leagues. Russian clubs have been embarrassing for last few years.

#2. Roma & Monaco along side Malmo, BATE etc. is ludicrous at best.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Although I agree about Russians, having people who won the EL I.E people who may have finished 3rd in last years CL/Not even finished in a CL place in their league being in the top Pot would piss clubs off imo
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Nah EL champions should have no right to the top seed. They should feel privileged at just being in CL through that comp.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm

iftikhar wrote:#1. I would have preferred CL & EL Champions along with Champions of top six leagues. Russian clubs have been embarrassing for last few years.

#2. Roma & Monaco along side Malmo, BATE etc. is ludicrous at best.

Why? What have either Roma or Monaco done lately in the Champions league to be ranked higher than Bate and Malmo?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Nah EL champions should have no right to the top seed. They should feel privileged at just being in CL through that comp.  
Why Not??? They do it the hard way and fighting with CL drop-outs as well. And still better than Russian Champions.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:44 pm

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

This is the correct coefficient ranking...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Dunno about first seed but I don't think EL winners should be 4th seed either.

Think 3rd seed is probably about right.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:58 pm

LMAo Portugal and Russian league ahead of UnLigue rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Don't call me James wrote:LMAo Portugal and Russian league ahead of UnLigue rofl

You shouldnt be surprised about this really.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Europa league magic... Serie A was lucky that Juve cared about it last season since the final was at their stadium (still didn't make it Laughing). Otherwise, you'd be right there with us.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Lyon out,Saint-Ettiene in a tough group and unlikely to qualify out of it,Lille in the group of death Laughing ,Monaco about to lose their best player.

Rip LOL 1 Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:Europa league magic... Serie A was lucky that Juve cared about it last season since the final was at their stadium (still didn't make it Laughing). Otherwise, you'd be right there with us.

Marseille 6 games 0 points

Lille dint even qualify to the group stages rofl

Champions League Magic ! Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:37 pm

"Europa league magic"

Lmaoooo Serie A has had nothing but trouble with Europa co-efficients being so easy to farm.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:10 pm

And Napoli did better than Lille???  Laughing  Nice try.

The issue is that we've had only 2 teams really compete in any of the European competitions last year and maybe again in this one.  PSG and Lyon last season and PSG/Monaco in this one (St Etienne and Lille are the Europa teams still there).  We just don't give a shat unless it's CL, which is a shame.

Juve made it to the semis of Europa last year and Napoli got to the quarters i think.  

OM cost us big last year...  no doubt about it.  You don't get a single point in pool play and that's zero points.  At least i see Lille and St Etienne get points and maybe go through in Europa pool play...  and that counts just as much as CL.

It's better to make Europa and be more competitive than work your arse off and make CL just to get beaten around...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:31 pm

zigra wrote:I'm all for merging leagues (though I highly doubt a benelux league would be able to compete with the biggest leagues) but sadly I don't think it'll happen.. not in the next 10 years at least.

You know, this merging of leagues, I know it sounds good on paper. More of everything. But hey, I'm from a country with a small football league, Finland, and I can tell you there would not be a meaningful rise in football support if our top clubs played clubs from Sweden, Norway and Denmark. People would not become interested in big numbers. Merging of leagues, expanding the territories is no key in any way when it comes to the popularity of the sport.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2