Onyx
RealGunner
sportsczy
Zealous
Collblanc
61 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Champions League 2014/15 | Group B - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League 2014/15 | Group B

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:That inevitable moment when Chicharito scores a hattrick and the benzema thread gets bumped up

mmmhmmm

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2014/15 | Group B - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League 2014/15 | Group B

Post by B-Mac Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Basel :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:42 pm

lol dat ass when Madrid beat us twice and Basel beats Ludo twice in the next two matches Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
RealGunner wrote:That inevitable moment when Chicharito scores a hattrick and the benzema thread gets bumped up

mmmhmmm

GL Jinx still going strong Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Wait, just found out that Liverpool lost Neutral
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Apparently the same old problems that's been haunting them for the last few weeks

Think Allen and Sturridge will help them get back. With the passing and goals at least.

Also think Rodgers needs to bench Balotelli and play Sterling-Sturridge with Gerrard-Allen-Henderson midfield. Lallana behind Sterling and Sturridge.

Not seen the goal yet but heard Skrtel's error this time?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Baselona - eating English teams for breakfast since 2011 :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Skrtel and loverns fault, shit marking by Skrtel to let the guy get a header in and lovern just stood there and watched his man score a tap in.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:38 am

The awkward moment when Basel qualifies. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:46 am

can't wait to dig out all those cocky announcements by McAgger. What a historic failure it would be to finish beneath a pub team like Basel. How they might win the group if they play a decent game at the Bernabeu.

ETC

PP
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:53 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:can't wait to dig out all those cocky announcements by McAgger. What a historic failure it would be to finish beneath a pub team like Basel. How they might win the group if they play a decent game at the Bernabeu.

ETC

PP

What thread did he say that in please?

Would love to read them.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:56 am

Laughing Wish I were on when the Basel game ended
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:17 am

izzy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:can't wait to dig out all those cocky announcements by McAgger. What a historic failure it would be to finish beneath a pub team like Basel. How they might win the group if they play a decent game at the Bernabeu.

ETC

PP

Would love to read them.

in the Liverpool section I think. So we should not laugh too loud as that should be protected space to reveal your most intimate feelings without fear of ridicule..

Still I dig some up later ...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:23 am

Uff, Liverpool in a not so comfortable position now as it's the head-to-head which counts in the CL and not GD. Losing twice to Mehdrid is very likely and if Basel manage a draw at Anfield that might be it for Liverpool. Winning away vs. Ludogorez won't be easy either.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:42 am

I really wonder why English teams still underestimate Basel. Basel just know how to play against English teams. Their record against Spanish or German teams is very much worse, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:04 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
izzy wrote:

ETC

PP

Would love to read them.

in the Liverpool section I think. So we should not laugh too loud as that should be protected space to reveal your most intimate feelings without fear of ridicule..

Still I dig some up later ...

Nope, they mostly all from this GenSec thread http://www.goallegacy.net/t36417p180-champions-league-group-stage-draw-discussion#1291304, so they should be fair game Laughing

Natalie Portman wrote:That's perfect draw for us.

1 glamour tie against 10 times european champions
and 2 manageable teams that we should be able to win against.

BOSS Smile

Don't call me James wrote:Perfect group for us cheers  It could've been much much worse.

Think we can top this group is we get something at the Bernabeu.

Basel and Ludogorets are manageable. I'm glad if we have to travel to eastern Europe it's Bulgaria instead of Russia or Ukraine.

And then pretty nice tie with Basel. Switzerland has nice venues to play in and it should be nice vacation trip for our players. Rwo actually thinks Basel will like playing us. Laughing
Don't call me James wrote:
windkick wrote:Just remember Real is great at hammering the minnows, so the goal differential could be a difference

In CL head to head counts ahead of goal difference so not worried about them hammering minnows.

I'm pretty confident that we can do well against them specially at home. Just need to keep the head to head favorable after the Bernabeu fixture.
Don't call me James wrote:I'm gonna rephrase my statement above.

We've faced Madrid 3 times in European Cup history. And we've beat them 3 times Proud

Walk in the park this group imo :coffee:
rwo power wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Is Philip Degan first choice for Basel
In the last matches he started again, yeah.

One of the worst player in Pool history is a Basel starter Proud  
Natalie Portman wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Quite happy with that draw for Liverpool, honestly.

Madrid should finish top of the group comfortably and our main goal will likely be to ensure they can't exact "Revenge" for the last meetings between the two clubs.  Still having such a big club (and last season's winners) coming to Anfield will ensure that we truly experience the return of CL footy to the club and will provide great experience for our squad.

With all due respect to Ludogorets Razgrad, I'll be quite shocked if they get more than a point or two in the group stages.  They have no real home stadium and have the makings of the 7th club since the 11/12 season to lose all of their group stage matches.  They should finish bottom by a similar margin to Madrid finishing top.

That leaves Liverpool and Basel to battle it out for 2nd and 3rd, and both clubs are pretty well matched in my eyes.  I'll be looking forward to seeing Basel's tactical approach and staunch defense up against our attacking options and think both clubs will consider themselves favourites at home but be wary of the away matches.  If may indeed come down to whether either side gets held by Ludogorets and I fancy Liverpool's chances against them due to our more prolific attack.  

Even if we do finish third (a real possibility) I'd consider it an acceptable showing so long as we don't get embarrassed in any of the matches and it will provide fantastic experience and lessons for both our squad AND Rodgers himself who has no real experience at this level yet.  I would fancy us to make a good run in the EL as well... while the same can be said for Basel, I assume.  

About the only thing I would possibly change is replacing Madrid with Bayern or Barca... simply because I'd love to have an Anfield reunion with Alonso (likely) and Reina or Mascherano and Suarez respectively.  It's only a minor gripe though, and I'm just ecstatic to be back in the CL and in what should be an interesting and well-situated group.

With all due respect Red, our CL campaign would be a total failure should be finish below Basel.

This is not the Basel with Shaqiri, Xhaka, Stocker, Sommer, etc...they've lost all their players AND their manager. Managed by Paulo Sousa, former Swansea/Leicester reject manager over the past 3 years.

This is a totally new team, finding their feat. A team that lost 5-0 to a depleted Valencia team in EL quarters last season.

I'm not gonna try and sugar coat it, we must do something very very wrong to finish behind them. We won't though.
BeautifulGame wrote:Yeap.If we cant finish 2 and qualify then will be a massive failure.
Don't call me James wrote:I also agree. RedO is dead wrong here. Would be a massive failure if we can't finish above Basel and Ludo.
RealGunner wrote:Massive failure in your first year in the CL under an inexperienced manager and squad?

Bit harsh.

Massive failure when your opponents are Ludo and Basel, YES. Specially after spending 120+million in one summer. Ludo are some pub team in some village in Bulgaria with all due respect. Basel have sold all of their important players that made them so dangerous and their manager Murat Yakin. Now they have some garbage reject manager that couldn't make a living in the second division of English football.

If we were in a group of death then I would say sure, it's not a massive failure. But this is as great a draw we could've asked for.
Don't call me James wrote:Dude we're talking about CL here. Our CL campaign will be an absolute failure if we don't progress through the groups.

I said nothing about the rest of the season. We could just as well go to El and win the goddam thing Proud  Maybe do a cup treble or win the league.

I was speaking just about the CL campaign.

How can I put this...

"They dared to dream"..?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:24 am

Don't call me James wrote:Rwo actually thinks Basel will like playing us. Laughing
Guess why? Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:24 am

James ffs rofl

Vacation for Pool players rofl

Walk in the park group rofl
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:52 am

Liverpool are unlucky Basel's last game is against us which will probably be a deadrubber (for us). Liverpool's aim should be to get at least one point against us so they are still in it till the end

I have said it before but I'll say it again, Liverpool's problem is their midfield. When you play slow Gerrard who can't make up for his slowness with good positional qualities like Alonso for ex you are bound to struggle. The amount of times I saw Basel players pick up the ball from their own half and just run at Liverpool's defence because the midfield was non existent was extraordinary, I have never seen a big team so clueless in my life
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:09 am

for me Balotelli can't playing as the  only CF  in a team. Imo Rodgers is wrong about it.
Sturriddge 's injury created even more problems than I thought , not just a difference maker but his absence created the "misunderstanding tactical" Mario Balotelli.
If you play with Balotelli only CF your  offensive working risks to be sterile, as it was in last matches.
Balotelli should play with another CF near, basically. It is not a case his best Liverpool match was against Tottenham.
Rodgers should play with Lambert, but he doesn't trust him and so I wonder why he was bought ... just to sub last 10 minutes?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:17 am

Balo shouldn't play period. They should try countinho behind a proper striker like Sturridge and use Balo as a supersub
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:17 am

i dont care if we crash out in the end. Sturridge playing all the games will put him for another injury so better just get out and finish in top 4 somehow.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:20 pm

Gotta admit, RedO's post was absolutely on point. And as day turns to night, my boy McAgger doing his very best to get pies in his face.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:26 pm

But wait a minute.. maybe we're not getting it, and Rodgers is actually being shrewd?
Maybe he figured out winning the EL must be an option for them to requalify for CL?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Robespierre wrote:for me Balotelli can't playing as the  only CF  in a team. Imo Rodgers is wrong about it.
Sturriddge 's injury created even more problems than I thought , not just a difference maker but his absence created the "misunderstanding tactical" Mario Balotelli.
If you play with Balotelli only CF your  offensive working risks to be sterile, as it was in last matches.
Balotelli should play with another CF near, basically. It is not a case his best Liverpool match was against Tottenham.
Rodgers should play with Lambert, but he doesn't trust him and so I wonder why he was bought ... just to sub last 10 minutes?
Balo should grow up first
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Robespierre wrote:

this. I am still trying to figure out this. If it was a free transfer then it would have made sense.

On top of that they have loaned out a good player like Origi. He would have fitted much much better into their system than super lol mario.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next