Onyx
RealGunner
sportsczy
Zealous
Collblanc
61 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Champions League 2014/15 | Group B - Page 6 Empty Re: Champions League 2014/15 | Group B

Post by Glory Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Rodgers should play with Lambert, but he doesn't trust him and so I wonder why he was bought ... just to sub last 10 minutes?

this. I am still trying to figure out this. If it was a free transfer then it would have made sense.

On top of that they have loaned out a good player like Origi. He would have fitted much much better into their system than super lol mario.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2014/15 | Group B - Page 6 Empty Re: Champions League 2014/15 | Group B

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:10 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Balo shouldn't play period. They should try countinho behind a proper striker like Sturridge and use Balo as a supersub

You do realize the reason we are in this mess is because Sturridge isn't available.

Same thing goes for your midfield argument. We only have 2 fit CMs. There's no other option than to play Gerrard and Henderson together.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:19 pm

People slagging on Balotelli obviously haven't been watching. He's been doing a fine job. That's the one tactical mistake however that Rodgers has been making in the sense that he is trying to force Balotelli to play as a lone striker when he doesn't operate that way. Balo likes to hold up the ball, drop deep and take long shots as well as play in his strike partner (or anyone really). Liverpool made a mistake by not signing Remy (or someone else that is pacey and likes to make runs like Sturridge) to back up Sturridge when he's injured/tired. I would go for Lacazette in the winter.

We absolutely should not play Lambert with Balotelli...Lambert is awful. Right now I would say Borini is the best option there.

Also LOL at suggesting Coutinho over Balotelli right now.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Don't even start to pick your brains too much. Yes, Sturridge missing is bad etc, but your team is new to CL.
Who of your starters has CL experience? Gerrard, Balo, Skrtel? That's it. Rodgers hasn't either.
Not unusual for a young team to kind of bottle it in their first CL campaign. And you haven't even really bottled it yet.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Realistically Liverpool didn't deserve to lose that game. They had more legitimate scoring chances, and a few were really good ones that should have been converted if not for individual mistakes/bad decisions. The team itself has 10 new players that have played this year that weren't playing last year so they are still getting up to speed with eachother. It's not a time to panic...lots of time left to make it out of the group and get a foothold in the EPL.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:54 pm

El Cujo wrote:Realistically Liverpool didn't deserve to lose that game
scratch Dunno how it looked over 90 minutes, but every highlight video I've seen shows both sides having chances to score. The difference being, Basel did, Liverpool didn't, so don't understand how Liverpool didn't deserve to lose tbh
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:55 pm

El Cujo wrote:Realistically Liverpool didn't deserve to lose that game.

Realistically?

Realistically, Liverpool lost that game.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't even start to pick your brains too much. Yes, Sturridge missing is bad etc, but your team is new to CL.
Who of your starters has CL experience? Gerrard, Balo, Skrtel? That's it. Rodgers hasn't either.
Not unusual for a young team to kind of bottle it in their first CL campaign. And you haven't even really bottled it yet.

Nah that was in response to him saying Mario shouldn't play period.

Who else is going to play then? Borini? Laughing Lambert? Laughing I'll tell you what, if Lambert wasn't scouse he would getting destroyed by every Pool fan right now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Sterling could of had a hat trick but he had massive brain farts and a mis touch in key scoring positions, young players being young players.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Lex wrote:scratch Dunno how it looked over 90 minutes, but every highlight video I've seen shows both sides having chances to score. The difference being, Basel did, Liverpool didn't, so don't understand how Liverpool didn't deserve to lose tbh

If you didn't watch the game how can you comment on it? Anyway, Liverpool had more clear cut chances to score. Sterling alone could have had 3 goals, and Markovic at least two. They had two goals called for offside as well (lazy plays too, unfortunately). The only goal that Basel scored was a set piece which isn't that surprising given how poor Liverpool have been at defending them lately.

Liverpool's players bottled it really with their poor touches in the final third or bad decision making there. This just comes with having a new team and a lot of young players. They will take time to gel and work together, and there will be peaks and valleys.

izzy wrote:Realistically?

The envy is strong in this one.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:59 pm

El Cujo wrote:

Envy?

Why in Gods name would I be envious of fcking Liverpool? Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:11 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Sounds more like a fact than like envy. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Yes, but the point wasn't what the result ended up being it was about whether or not it was a 'deserved' result. It wasn't really. You could argue a draw would have been fair, but Liverpool definitely had the better and more frequent chances. Sometimes that isn't enough and that day it was not, but if the game was replayed 10 times with similar chances one would expect Liverpool to win more often than not, but I digress.

Basel played well and Liverpool were wasteful. I just think all this doom and gloom knee-jerk stuff from some people is ridiculous. Liverpool are not playing overly poorly but they just aren't getting results yet (and that includes having some key players in Allen and Sturridge injured, and others really not playing up to their capabilities in Coutinho, Lallana and Sakho, though Lallana was much better vs. Basel). Liverpool will get on just fine when everyone is healthy, and when the team gets to known eachother better again.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Shoulda Woulda Coulda.........

Ifs Buts Maybes..............

Fact is, Liverpool lost the game.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Yet, they will play on in the CL while ManU lose to the likes of Leicester, MK Dons, and dream of playing on Tuesday nights. Laughing
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:28 pm

El Cujo wrote:Yet, they will play on in the CL while ManU lose to the likes of Leicester, MK Dons, and dream of playing on Tuesday nights. Laughing

I'm not even a United fan, but let me address this nonsense.....

Finally in the CL and you acting like Spurs fans, just happy to be there, looking for silver linings and stuff.

Ain't won a league title in over 2 decades (since the PL era started) and only finished above United TWICE in that time.

Just sthappp Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:10 pm

izzy wrote:I'm not even a United fan, but let me address this nonsense.....

Yet you sport their crest. Not sure which is more embarrassing for you.

Finally in the CL and you acting like Spurs fans, just happy to be there, looking for silver linings and stuff.

'Finally' in the CL (as though Liverpool are not the most successful English club in Europe). At no point have I acted like I was just 'happy to be there' nor am I looking for silver linings. I know, rational fans who can analyze a game without resorting to knee-jerk and hyperbole might shock you but they do exist. I've already said before it would be a huge failure if Liverpool don't progress to the knockout stages, and they should. That doesn't change anything else that I've said in this topic either.

But you're more concerned with Liverpool than whatever club you supposedly support, and don't watch the games so.....
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:25 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Yet you sport their crest. Not sure which is more embarrassing for you.

There's nothing embarrassing sporting a United crest, more relevant than fcking Liverpool. Laughing

El Cujo wrote:'Finally' in the CL (as though Liverpool are not the most successful English club in Europe). At no point have I acted like I was just 'happy to be there' nor am I looking for silver linings. I know, rational fans who can analyze a game without resorting to knee-jerk and hyperbole might shock you but they do exist. I've already said before it would be a huge failure if Liverpool don't progress to the knockout stages, and they should. That doesn't change anything else that I've said in this topic either.

But you're more concerned with Liverpool than whatever club you supposedly support, and don't watch the games so.....

Who's reacting to knee-jerk and hyperbole? Liverpool lost to Basel. Period. Where's the hyperbole in stating a fact?

Liverpool lost.

You're the one here saying "Maybe, If, But, This could of happened...." That's excuses and what you said in previous posts is silver linings; always trying to find a positive to take away from a HORRENDOUS start to the season.

No one's concerned about Liverpool. No one's cares about your problems, it's just funny to laugh at.

All that bloviating and noise during pre-season..... to this. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:35 pm

izzy wrote:There's nothing embarrassing sporting a United crest, more relevant than fcking Liverpool. Laughing

Champions League 2014/15 | Group B - Page 6 WcDx96J

So much more relevant. After all they did just have Moyesgate, and now Gaalgate.

Who's reacting to knee-jerk and hyperbole? Liverpool lost to Basel. Period. Where's the hyperbole in stating a fact?

Liverpool lost.

You're the one here saying "Maybe, If, But, This could of happened...." That's excuses and what you said in previous posts is silver linings; always trying to find a positive to take away from a HORRENDOUS start to the season.

No one's concerned about Liverpool. No one's cares about your problems, it's just funny to laugh at.

All that bloviating and noise during pre-season..... to this. Laughing

Laughing

You can't even follow what is being spoken about so I don't think there's a point in continuing this discussion. I'll tell you what...you keep thinking Liverpool is drab, and keep sporting that ManU crest, I'll keep supporting Liverpool. Cheers.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 pm

El Cujo wrote:
izzy wrote:There's nothing embarrassing sporting a United crest, more relevant than fcking Liverpool. Laughing

Champions League 2014/15 | Group B - Page 6 WcDx96J

So much more relevant. After all they did just have Moyesgate, and now Gaalgate.

El Cujo wrote:Laughing

You can't even follow what is being spoken about so I don't think there's a point in continuing this discussion. I'll tell you what...you keep thinking Liverpool is drab, and keep sporting that ManU crest, I'll keep supporting Liverpool. Cheers.

rofl

2 decades plus and the best you can come up with is they ain't in Europe this year? Laughing

Fcking Liverpool man rofl
Here's another; Liverpool achieved the moumentus feat of finishing above United for the 2nd time in the PL era................ Man City also achieved the feat, but actually WON the PL title.

Follow what's being spoken?
Liverpool lost lost to a team that a fan said that the Pool team would basically be on vacation, it would be that much of a walkover.

Thinking Pool is drab? The PL table, The CL group AND Pools performances back up how drab they are.

Lambert......... rofl
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:54 pm

It's really amazing how many United fans have come out this season just waiting to see if Liverpool will fail. It's almost like their own team isn't worth following.

Just so you know, it's still ok to watch United games. 5 - 3 losses to the likes of Leicester after being up still make for exciting TV.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:59 pm

El Cujo wrote:It's really amazing how many United fans have come out this season just waiting to see if Liverpool will fail. It's almost like their own team isn't worth following.

Just so you know, it's still ok to watch United games. 5 - 3 losses to the likes of Leicester after being up still make for exciting TV.

I find it comical that a Pool fan would have the audacity to laugh about losing leads after what happened at Selhurst Park last year.

Got straight punked by Crystal Palace and Dwight Gayle after being 0-3 up. Laughing

Did you forget about that?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:06 pm

El Cujo wrote:It's really amazing how many United fans have come out this season just waiting to see if Liverpool will fail. It's almost like their own team isn't worth following.

really? lmao because you guys haven't been waiting for 20 years for anytime we slip up a bit to have a laugh...god forbid we do the same.

this is what rivalries are in case you forgot
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:20 am

El Cujo wrote:Yes, but the point wasn't what the result ended up being it was about whether or not it was a 'deserved' result. It wasn't really. You could argue a draw would have been fair, but Liverpool definitely had the better and more frequent chances.
Well, this "deserved" thing is a bit of a nuisance, if you ask me. If a club can't manage to score, they didn't deserve anything. (e.g. Gladbach outshot Zürich 31 to 8 but still drew - did they deserve to win? No - they just weren't clinical enough in front of the goal.) Converting chances belongs to football, too, after all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 am

Liverpool vs. Real Madrid ,
Ludogorets Razgrad vs.Basel

there has to be some upset today in this group

Spoiler:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next