Vibe
TalkingReckless
Red Alert
McAgger
Gil
81 posters

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 14 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Yeah shocking attitude, wanting a club to fullfil their contract, smh... Who does he think he is.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 14 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:56 pm

Well, next time he can make a contract that he has 25 season goals guaranteed, and then sue the club if he doesn't score them lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well, next time he can make a contract that he has 25 season goals guaranteed, and then sue the club if he doesn't score them lol

Because that's the same thing Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Flo and his dumb purchases with even dumber contracts... ruined Castilla and Zidane had enough. Benched him and he's not going to play again anytime soon. And guess what: Castilla are back to winning.

If he's not happy and wants to call breach of contract. Fine... tear up the contract and let him walk.

Pathetic.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Pathetic attitude. The dude comes in from poor mans Swedish league and thinks he is better than the Castilla players. Who gives two fcks about his contract, if he is unwilling to work hard he will never make it at our club presidents backing or not. We have players who learnt that the hard way

And I can understand the Castilla players frustrations he is not even the 5th best player in that team yet he is the one that gets to train with the first team and a free passage to get promoted. Other superior players haven't had that privilege and he has the audacity to not train with them. I am glad they won and hope he never gets to play with that attitude

There are some players who are just tooo good for this league (D Llorente, Burgui) but still do their best every game and there are some others who had the same hype as this boy (Benavente) yet stayed to develop and have lost their place and hype due to staying.

If this dude's dream was to just train with Ronaldo then he can take a flight back to where he came from and leave this club to those who want to play for it

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:14 pm

No wonder that Bayern didn't pursue signing him more forcefully. No one of the Bayern board would have agreed to sign such a piece of ...paper.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:22 pm

I think we pursued it pretty forcefully though lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:32 pm

I do not think it is fair criticism. Odegaard missed the Castilla time since he was playing at internationals. Does any other Castilla player take part in international matches? I don't know. It is true, the team has struggled to include Odegaard who is not adapting well. I watched one match of Castilla, many of the players have the habit of trying too much. Like Odegaard sometimes. Freeza is correct, that Odegaard has the contract which allows him to train with the senior players. Better competition and maybe he learns more.

It is not wise to take much from this. Maybe if the scenario continues, but for now, it is nothing that should be looked down upon.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Yes we have quite a few for u21. None play for their NT yet apart from Odeegard and Benavente and rightfully so as 99% of our team are spanish and with so much competition for their NT they will never make it unless they play for the first team or for another big team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Even though I called him not being nearly as good as hyped, I still say this is being blown out of proportion a bit. Everything is under a microscope though in Madrid and with the manner of which they courted him and his contract demands I think most people could have expected something like this coming.

He's still a promising young player. Emphasis on young. The media hubbub around him will go to his head a bit so it's up to the people around him to keep him on earth and working hard so he can make the most of his talents and not just become another 'what could have been'.

Of course their first mistake was signing with a team like Real Madrid in the first place as opposed to Ajax or Porto.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Pippo wrote:I do not think it is fair criticism. Odegaard missed the Castilla time since he was playing at internationals. Does any other Castilla player take part in international matches? I don't know. It is true, the team has struggled to include Odegaard who is not adapting well. I watched one match of Castilla, many of the players have the habit of trying too much. Like Odegaard sometimes. Freeza is correct, that Odegaard has the contract which allows him to train with the senior players. Better competition and maybe he learns more.

It is not wise to take much from this. Maybe if the scenario continues, but for now, it is nothing that should be looked down upon.

Steffen Hansen wrote:
just one match on the bench ! He played with Norway the day before one of those two matches.

I shouldn't be surprised, but.. MAN, so many people on here seem to have been waiting for an opportunity to criticize him. The same people who said "he may be talented now, but in a few years.. blablabla" are already claiming that he's arrogant and whatnot, just because some tabloid released an article about him, at a time when making it seem as if he's failing already, is clearly interesting stuff to read about Laughing

Last edited by Thimmy on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Was so bored of people fapping over him ffs. Brb raped the under 12 league in some obscure place, already surpassed 85% of pro players.

I've said this so many times about Messi, but that doesn't mean that, when the media starts stalking him as a result of tax fraud allegations, I automatically assume that he has a shitty and arrogant attitude.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:27 pm

busting before even playing with first team...this must be new level of player bust for Madrid
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:30 pm

B-Mac wrote:busting before even playing with first team...this must be new level of player bust for Madrid

Cheaper than Bebe though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 pm

Freeza wrote:
B-Mac wrote:busting before even playing with first team...this must be new level of player bust for Madrid

Cheaper than Bebe though.

Scored a champions league goal for us, and was one of the best players in portugal last year which then got him his move to benfica this year hmm

better then riding pine for castilla and being a brat
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:37 pm

He was benched in the last game of march, and then he was benched again in the most recent game because he had just returned from international duty the day before.

Granted, they won those two games against Las Palmas Atlético and Conquense, but I have to say that Las Palmas is the most incompetent side I've watched in recent memory, and although Conquense seemed to be significantly better than the former, they are currently ranked bottom in the Spanish third division. They may have won 2 games in a row, but it was against their two weakest opponents, so far this season.

Have any of you seen any of their matches? If being a team player had been an issue for Castilla, the name of the team would've been Team Issue. It's very evident that the players on the team, and the forwards in particular, just want to showcase their dribbling ability, and their willingness to shoot from 50 yards out - they just want to promote themselves, and I don't get the impression that they care very much about getting promoted (as a team), or building team chemistry.

It's certainly true that Ødegaard hasn't performed well in all of his matches for Castilla, thus far, and his occasional anonymity could be an indication that he doesn't have very good chemistry with his team mates - which is going to take time, because Medrán seems to be their C. Ronaldo, and everyone else are just options. There is very little chemistry between the players, in general.

I think it's very farfetched to claim that he's in some sort of crisis already, or that he's already a flop. From what I can tell, he's the most productive player on the team when he's in possession of the ball, and it makes very little sense to me that the team is more likely to win when he's on the bench. You can bash him all you want, but all this talk about him being a flop is really premature, and I can't really understand why so many of you like to think otherwise.

Last edited by Thimmy on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:44 pm

I watch all the Castilla matches.  We benched Medran or Burgui to make room for Odegaard... and both were playing great.  We were on a roll.  Odegaard comes in and he's a) pathetic defensively and b) has less strength than a 12 year old.  Our midfield became a mess since HE REFUSES TO TRAIN WITH CASTILLA to go along with his other issues.  After we lost 4 straight with him starting, Zidane had enough and benched him...  we turn around and win 2 games in a row.  

Until he trains with Castilla regularly, Zidane will never play him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:49 pm

Why doesnt he want to train with Castilla ? Freaking Zinedine Zidane is their coach.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:59 pm

Barca give him an economy ticket to come try out. Real Madrid give him a flight in a private charter plane. And then Madrid fans complain when he let's being treated like this get to his head.

For the record him standing up for his right to train with the first team, which is contractually binding, is absolutely fine. Real should have never agreed to it in the first place.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:28 am

That's fine BC... but it's also Madrid's prerogative to bench him. We have no contractual obligation to play him either.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:54 am

Would be very interesting to hear what first team players think of this kid. I mean so much of this surrounds his desire to train with them regularly that I really wonder if they would even truly accept him, especially given that some of them were in the same positions years ago that his Castilla teammates are in now.

Almost seems like it would take a shaming from the first team players in order to humble him into actually putting in an effort with Castilla.

I do agree in general....very silly to agree to such a condition in a contract. Madrid must have wanted this lad that badly to have agreed to something like that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Agreeing to the conditions is not the problem, problem is the player's attitude and lack of intelligence. Training with the first team must have been something important to him, he got that.

But he doesnt play with them during the weekend, he plays with the B side, and not making an effort to get involved with those guys and to prepare games with them is rather stupid. I'm actually surprised he doesnt see the logic in that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:46 pm

The conditions are certainly part of the problem though. The mighty Real Madrid put itself in this situation by agreeing to the silly terms of a mere 16-year old. I don't think that should be discounted or ignored honestly. I would expect this of smaller clubs (perhaps even my own), but not of a giant like this one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:02 pm

The mighty Real Madrid put themselves in this situation because frankly they don't care and stand nothing to lose.

They wanted to sign the player, and so offered him what it took to sign him, since all other top clubs were seriously pursuing him as well.

Apparently that involved sending a private jet with Bale and cr7 on board, wages worthy of a first teamer and granting him first team training.

So be it.

It's no surprise there would be irritations at some point when the kid finds himself back in reality, where training with the first team is hampering his integration in the B team, while of course as a 16 year old he's nowhere near first team level.

But Real tbh can be relaxed about it, because ultimately it's up to the player to bring his performances in accordance to the status he wants, whatever his contract says. Getting playing time and good progress is not something he can demand based on a piece of paper.

I could imagine he understands that sooner rather than later.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Don't you just hate it when young players act like children?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:23 pm

I find it even more mystifying that grown adults willingly put up with it.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next