The Franchise
McAgger
Blue Barrett
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
19 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:19 am

Freeza wrote:LeBron holding Kyrie back, should have stayed away imo hmm

Holding him back from missing the playoffs Proud

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:20 am

LeSwagg James wrote:
Freeza wrote:LeBron holding Kyrie back, should have stayed away imo hmm

Holding him back from missing the playoffs Proud

LeBron is trying his best to do that with his GM decisions.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:55 am

Old man rant alert:

I really hate like 80 or 90% of the offences teams run in the NBA this year, and probably the last couple years too.

The offences I do like? Spurs, Memphis, ATL this year, Wizards, the Mavs, The Blazers to some degree and then im struggling.

From all the games I watch, about 9/10 of them its the same thing over and over. Struggle entry passes (why cant players throw these any more ffs) and bare basic screen and roll....if these two dont yield a post up shot or a lay up in the screen and roll then the offence totally dies and they just jack up 3's because now coaches have it in these players minds that its automatically better than a mid range shot because its worth an extra point.

The GSW shot like 40 3's last night? Come on now.

Kyrie was on flames, but the offence the last 2 quarters were total crap...they barely won with him doing crazy shit. He had like 30 at the half and they were barely up 10 points or so.

It was literally a Kyrie lay up or 3, no other player did anything..no off ball action, 1 Mozgov post up, 1 JR smith spot up and I cant remember anything else the entire 2nd half lol It was just Kyrie shoot the 3, Kyrie drive and get fouled..or nothing.

The Blazers were only marginal better, at least other people outside of LMA did things, or tried to. But it seems like even with this team, the default shot for most is the 3 pointer.

Same when I watched the Raps the other day, I forget who against. But it was Lowry drive the lane first option, anyone else shoot a 3 second option and nothing after that.

No wonder the offences I do like, its much more diverse or at least closer to the 90's or 00's. Memphis, Spurs, ATL all use post ups properly, high low actions, players moving off the ball and more than 2 damn options on one play. Rarely do these teams end up in iso's and if they do, its for a good solid post up.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:07 am

I can't disagree with that at all, I liked how the Bulls ran their offence earlier in the season when Dunleavy was available but since then it's so damn ugly even if they still manage to clear 100 most nights.

Speaking of Toronto that's the reason I don't consider them a contender, the whole entire offense is just iso iso iso. So is the Bulls and Cavs to an extent but they are both more talented, deeper and more importantly bigger so they can get second chance points and the margin for error is bigger.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:01 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Brooks ffs Laughing

He's the Pardew of the NBA. Hipster glasses, no matter what he does he'll never get fired, relies completely on individual talent and his coaching is abysmal.

The only difference is we wasn't handed Cristiano Ronaldo on a plate.

Brooks is an absolute joke.

They could've fired Brooks before last season, and hired Budenholzer(idk if Pop would be cool with that but probably and the point remains). What do you think he would do with that roster?

And in other shocking news, Dion Waiters has proven yet again he's god-awful. .377 FGs, 27% from three.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:20 am

Lillard didn't make the all star team Laughing

What an absolute joke.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:23 am

Not really, couldn't see who he should replace. Cousins not getting in is worse, hope he gets Kobe's spot.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:25 am

I really don't see how Duncan deserved a spot over Cousins Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:31 am

Freeza wrote:Not really, couldn't see who he should replace. Cousins not getting in is worse, hope he gets Kobe's spot.

He's been better than both Westbrook and Chris Paul, if Aldridge gets a spot so should Lillard as he's been comfortably better than LMA.

Cousins as well but it's not as ridiculous IMO, Lillard has actually impacted wins to go with the numbers.

It's an absolute joke.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:34 am

OKC are below *bleep* New Orleans and they have 2 all stars? Give me a *bleep* break. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:36 am

Westbrook has the same numbers with a retard coach, should count for something, also pretty much superior on defense hmm

Lillard will get Kobe's spot though. Cousins should be in over Duncan, that's way worse.

All Stars shouldn't be conference either...

OKC has 2 players because, despite injuries, they're 2 of the 10 best players in the entire league.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:44 am

Freeza wrote:also pretty much superior on defense hmm

Debatable considering Portland have been a vastly superior defensive team. Also Westbrook numbers are inflated due to no Durant and his own injuries.

I don't think people realise how good Lillard has been this year, especially in 4th quarters that have been the difference between winning and losing.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:also pretty much superior on defense hmm

Debatable considering Portland have been a vastly superior defensive team. Also Westbrook numbers are inflated due to no Durant and his own injuries.

I don't think people realise how good Lillard has been this year, especially in 4th quarters that have been the difference between winning and losing.

Inflated? They're basically the same they've been for the past 3 seasons.

I don't even know what you're discussing. They both should and will be in the game. So it's kind of moot. Hardly a disgrace to pick Westbrook over Lillard. Kobe being in there is the real problem. But he is injured and Lillard will get the spot.

also #FireBrooks
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:50 am

Korver getting in instead of Wade. Between him and Brandon Knight.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:53 am

Nah they have been significantly higher this year, anyway I have no problems with Westbrook. It's Westbrook and Paul I have an issue with but if I had to pick anyone out of the two it would easily have been Lillard.

Only Curry and Harden have been better in the West this year as far as guards go, it's ridiculous and far worse than Cousins.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:00 pm

2 players from the Heat rofl *bleep* right off, biggest joke. Knight/Gortat/Vucevic deserved a spot. I'm fine with Korver missing out. 3 form the Hawks is already good enough.

Lillard and Cousins missing out is a travesty. Timmy, Durant (who missed most of the season) and even Chris Paul's inclusion over Lillard and Cousins is not justifiable.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:45 am

Paul over Lillard is not right in my opinion.

Westbrook and KD going is a different story, because its not a direct comparison. They are going because they are too good not to go when they are healthy. Its just false to say "Lillard has been better than Durant". He hasnt been better, but he had given more to the season, no doubt. But coaches obviously allow KD's ability (and Westbrooks by extension) to override that. They believe both are better than Lillard (and CP3 I believe) and therefore will go.

CP3 was chosen only because of his name, because he isnt actually better than Lillard today. He is having a good season, but Lillard is having a better one.

Cousins not going is just redicilous. More than Lillard for me. The reason I say this is because at least with Lillard the guards going ahead of him are putting up numbers and playing well. Duncan is playing extremly well dont get me wrong, and in a playoff series I will take him over ANY big man still..but in the regular season, he isnt better than Cousins. Just night in, night out, Cousins is putting in work. Duncan got 20 points last night or night before..first time he did that in a month.

All respect to Top 10 player ever, but he isnt better than Cousins in the regular season.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:16 pm

I didn't have a problem with Duncan inparticular but I did have a problem with him going over Cousins.

In any case Cousins was named as a replacement for Kobe, so at least there's that although he should have gone full stop.

Also is it me who found it extremely amusing that the coaches got more wrong than the fans Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 pm

I dont have a problem with Duncan in that I 100% believe he is deserving. But I also think Paul is deserving in his own way...I think Conely is deserving...I think Monta is deserving..I think Lillard obviously is deserving.

Not mad at any of them being chosen. But I know for sure the coaches in the end came down to Duncan vs Cousins and they went for Nostalgia/I hate Cousins.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Where the *bleep* did this Whiteside kid come from? Has 14 rebounds after one *bleep* quarter Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:02 am

Half-way point of the season (Bit early, but still......)

What have been you guys biggest take-aways so far? hmm
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:53 am

OKC won't make the playoffs Proud 34 games left for them to save their asses.

Moal please respond.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:25 am

Don't call me James wrote:OKC won't make the playoffs Proud 34 games left for them to save their asses.

Moal please respond.

Now they're guaranteed to beat Warriors in round 1.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 am

Don't call me James wrote:OKC won't make the playoffs Proud 34 games left for them to save their asses.

Moal please respond.

I'm starting to think the same way, but I'm not ruling it out plus Phoenix's schedule is insane Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:16 am

This 'the most dangerous 8th seed in history' thing is really grinding my gears with OKC. I'm definitely rooting against them.

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Just watched the ending of the Heat @Minny.......

Good Lord. Laughing

21-29....... Bosh being Bosh....... Chalmers and Cole as the PGs........ Wade injury prone........ no real interior offense (This Whiteside guy is interesting) ONE rebounder....... Deng, Granger, Birdman etc.

I can not believe people thought this team would be competitive this season. Laughing

Just a mess all over the place.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next