isignedupjusttoseesigs
mr-r34
CBarca
Shed
Kick
19 posters

Page 26 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 am

Kick wrote:Currently reading 'The Name of the Wind' by Patrick Rothfuss. It's quite good, so far Thumbs up
Oh yeah that's fantastic, you could also try the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks.
Both unfinished though Mad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Kick Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:28 am

I'm a slow reader, and I'm busy doing other things, so this series will probably take me a few years to finish Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Kick wrote:I'm a slow reader, and I'm busy doing other things, so this series will probably take me a few years to finish Laughing
Perfect then Razz.
I only really read in the holidays, too busy procrastinating during uni to read Mad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:16 pm

M99 wrote:My favorites are The Hobbit/LOTR, Count Of Monte Cristo, Great Gatsby and the Harry Potter books. Since i grew up with HP it has a special place in my heart. Love me some Orwell too, Animal Farm was fantastic.

Also I never really liked Catcher In The Rye that much mainly because of Holden. The book is good but such a whiny protagonist was a turn off. Could not relate to such an unlikable character at all.

Also I am huge fan of A Song Of Ice And Fire and have to say A Storm Of Swords is a masterpiece. It's imo among one of the greatest fantasy books of all time.

Proud to say I read that one.
Real short too.
Still took me probably a month Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:17 pm

I only read while on the bus, normally once a day.

I'm at uni from 9-5 and after uni I am too tired to bother reading. Weekends I'm normally off doing other things, and I don't get holiday's. Laughing

#PhDlyf
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:22 pm

No holidays?! Shocked.
You bought the book then?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:30 pm

BS!
Kick was kicking it at the LOTR sites not so long ago. :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:43 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:No holidays?! Shocked.
You bought the book then?
I always buy my books, I want a big library one day Razz
El Gunner wrote:BS!
Kick was kicking it at the LOTR sites not so long ago. :coffee:

That was after I finished honours and before I started my PhD. Now that I am doing it, I only get 20 days off a year. It's like a proper job.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:02 am

I do the same thing. I buy all of the books I enjoy, trying to build up a library of my favorite novels for when I'm older.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:18 am

Well I bought the three books in the Lightbringer series on a whim after seeing them recommended on reddit, definitely do not regret Proud.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:39 pm

I've always loved to read and have consistently read for as long as I can remember, but anytime I try read one of 'the classic titles', many of which you've all named, they bore me to death and I can't finish them.

I prefer read about topics which interest me, which means the books I've read vary from books about steroids in pro wrestling to the book Mastery by Robert Green.

Over the last three or so years I've read a lot of biographies about a huge variety of professional athletes, written from many different perspectives,any of which are among my favorite books
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Tried the manual again for the first time in months (I was very bad the last time I tried, kept stalling the car in roundabouts and other inconvenient places), managed to drive home for twenty minutes without stalling Proud.

Until I mentioned that fact to my dad, got to the very last turn before my house. Traffic light on a hill, and I panicked a bit so I disengaged the clutch too fast, stalled and missed the light Mad. Next light I just totally gunned the throttle to overcome it, I doubt the car likes me very much Proud.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:34 pm

I really need to get my hands on some of these classic books you guys are mentioning. Sorry CB but Catcher in the Rye never did it for me. Unfortunately I was forced to read it in 9th grade so I should probably give it a try again. My favorite book series hands down is LOTR though. Also love Harry Potter and Game of Thrones, although I still need to finish the latter.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:48 am

I can't wait for tomorrow night.

Back in Madison and in the national championship. It's gonna be absolutely wild...I'm so proud of this team even if we lose.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:14 pm

CBarca wrote:I can't wait for tomorrow night.

Back in Madison and in the national championship. It's gonna be absolutely wild...I'm so proud of this team even if we lose.
Good luck, try not to get wrecked too hard Proud.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:51 am

Happy Birthday, ES! cheers
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:07 am

Happy birthday mate, all the best. drinking drinking drinking
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:45 am

Happy birthday!!!
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:35 am

Happy birthday m8.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:37 am

Kick, what's with the name change thing? I requested one months ago for no avail. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:39 am

Try again, the admins may have just forgotten.

I assume you haven't used your 3 changes?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 pm

So I'm going to be boarding a plane with 12kg of carry on when I'm only allowed 7, wish me luck Proud.

Do you think it's more suspicious if I take my 3kg textbook out of my bag as 'light reading for the plane'?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:00 am

Laughing

I've done that before Razz
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:16 am

Kick wrote:Laughing

I've done that before Razz
I survived Very Happy.
The flight down to Sydney was more fun, we got there pretty early and saw Tiger was weighing everyone in the line, then they would join another line for actually boarding the plane.
Us in our infinite dignity joined the boarding line Proud.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:47 am

rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:13 am

Kick wrote:Try again, the admins may have just forgotten.

I assume you haven't used your 3 changes?

I've only used 2. So I have one more left.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum