halamadrid2
RealGunner
El Gunner
Nishankly
McAgger
73 posters

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5 - Page 41 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5

Post by Sri Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:01 pm

RED wrote:

‏@MOgdenTelegraph

Hard to believe that Man City have now conceded more PL goals than Man Utd this season.

I'ma just leave that there...

tbf, only Soton and Chelsea have conceded fewer. That makes the current top 4. Hardly anything which is hard to believe. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5 - Page 41 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5

Post by B-Mac Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:08 pm

De Gea saving our ass tbh Laughing

best GK in the league Proud

but it's pretty funny considering the amount of hype Kompany and co get and what they paid for Mangala Proud

Paddy McNesta Proud :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Yeah, De Gea has been absolutely phenomenal this season. I hope Real come calling for him sooner than later. It's annoying.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Easy there, City has conceded a grand total of ONE goal more than United. Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
jibers wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Don't agree.
I think Gil knows how to time his runs and dribbles far better, and is much better at pulling off indefensible attacks.

Katy Perry can post with his left hand, right hand and head. He also has 99% typing accuracy. The Admins, Mods and Journalists will certainly vote in his favour during the next GL D'OR.

That would be typical, preferring quantity over quality.
Not saying she can't get there, but so far Katy is trying to hard imo.

Whereas Gil is a master of the effortlessly disguised agenda drive, he revels in the halfspaces between trolling and defensiveness, and his conjectural long shots are unmatched.

You bring up interesting points Hans Balague. My problem with Gil is that he doesn't turn up in big threads and just stat pads in the smaller threads with useless posts after the thread has already died down.

Katy Perry has had a better start to this year, more key posts, higher post accuracy, his trolling between the lines is exceptional and I haven't seen anything like it since the likes of prime Clockwork. For me what seperates them is their ability to create topics out of nothing. Gil needs a topic in order to be successful, where as Katy Perry can do it with very little, displaying his 20/20 creativity.

I await the next GL D'OR with much relish. TY
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:32 pm

jibers wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
jibers wrote:

Katy Perry can post with his left hand, right hand and head. He also has 99% typing accuracy. The Admins, Mods and Journalists will certainly vote in his favour during the next GL D'OR.

Whereas Gil is a master of the effortlessly disguised agenda drive, he revels in the halfspaces between trolling and defensiveness, and his conjectural long shots are unmatched.

You bring up interesting points Hans Balague. My problem with Gil is that he doesn't turn up in big threads and just stat pads in the smaller threads with useless posts after the thread has already died down.

Katy Perry has had a better start to this year, more key posts, higher post accuracy, his trolling between the lines is exceptional and I haven't seen anything like it since the likes of prime Clockwork. For me what seperates them is their ability to create topics out of nothing. Gil needs a topic in order to be successful, where as Katy Perry can do it with very little, displaying his 20/20 creativity.

But in the GL, everybody contributes in the big threads, that's nothing special.
Katy Perry may put in a shift, but look at the threads created stats again and you'll see that Gil is actually way more creative.
And his ability to rile up fellow posters and stun his opponents with outrageous persistency is what marks him as a leader on the board.
You have your opinion, I have mine, but for me there's so much more to Gil's game than just typing.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Agree with Mole. Pellegrini wins the league in his first year, now qualified for knock outs for the second time in a row, something City never managed.
But it's apparently not enough to be marginally respected by posters on an internet forum.

Well done for the championship last year and for progressing in the CL, but performance wise I haven't seen City take the next step. Mancini got sacked because he couldn't take that step with City and so far Pellegrini hasn't done it, either.

It's the same tactics and same over-dependency on 2-3 players to deliver. And if we look at the players Pellegrini has brought in, I don't know has he managed to strengthen the best XI enough:

Fernandinho
Fernando
Navas
Jovetic
Bony
Negredo
Demichelis
Mangala
Sagna
Caballero
Lampard

Nice players there, but has anyone really made as big a difference as expected? That's about £160m spent + City-level wages and it's arguably a 36-year-old free agent who has had the brightest impact out of that list.

Obviously they're the title holders and are 2nd in the table, so maybe it's a bit daft to criticize Pellegrini, but I don't think he has showed anything special.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Everton-WBA seems straight forward. But with Everton's form, maybe Pulis might spring a surprise

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
jibers wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

But in the GL, everybody contributes in the big threads, that's nothing special.
Katy Perry may put in a shift, but look at the threads created stats again and you'll see that Gil is actually way more creative.
And his ability to rile up fellow posters and stun his opponents with outrageous persistency is what marks him as a leader on the board.
You have your opinion, I have mine, but for me there's so much more to Gil's game than just typing.

Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Da hell, is Stallone going to be at the game? eco smile

Shouldn't be a match for Pulis, though :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
jibers wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

I dont know much regarding the quality of the posts you are acknowledging, as I havent seen enough purposeful posts of theirs to come to a conclusion, they might be doing it in the forum in areas where I dont frequent, and if they then cool, so regarding that part I will just stay mum, but on the other hand if you are actually appreciating the trolling aspects of their posts , then I disagree wholeheartedly.

Its not hard to do what they are doing. Anyone who come here with that sole motive can achieve success SOME WAY OR THE OTHER in annoying other posters. People normally choose not to and try to maintain sanity.
And when they become sick of hearing the same thing over and over again, they choose to simply ignore. But that doesnt mean they are actually 'stunned' by their posts to the extent that they cant even respond. They simply choose not to and move on.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Lescott was immense in the first-half - until he gave away that careless handball penalty :facepalm:

Never mind, Mirallas - who is in my fantasy team - gets to take it - and misses :facepalm:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Don't encourage that troll. Please.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:11 pm

RED wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Don't encourage that troll. Please.

You like to sentence but not to elaborate. Please, tell me what qualifies him as a troll? I have a different opinion about him.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:31 pm

I can't believe Katy Perry joined in 2011. Only beco\ame relevant in my life in 2015 Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41