halamadrid2
RealGunner
El Gunner
Nishankly
McAgger
73 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5 - Page 12 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5

Post by S Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 am

It seems like Falcao is more and more looking like Another Torres.

GL visionary Gil might be right again.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5 - Page 12 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5

Post by B-Mac Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:42 am

S wrote:It seems like Falcao is more and more looking like Another Torres.

GL visionary Gil might be right again.

only 6 starts 2 goals 3 assists

ok then Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:56 am

Manchester United's game doesn't suit Falcao imo.

Would've flourished at Arsenal if he was prepared to take a massive paycut :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:35 am

CBarca wrote:Shocking that Ashley Young was allowed to stay on the field that game. Clear cut second yellow but I'm not upset with a draw. Not sure how Ashley Young got away though.

Shocking Ashley Young Stambouli was allowed to stay on the field that game after landing his boot directly on Carrick's knee. Clear cut red but I'm not upset with a draw. Not sure how Benjamin Stambouli got away though.
:coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Man things finally look bright for us. Koscielny back today. We have our first choice back 4 now. Ozil, Ramsey and Walcott back this week to next week. We are so nearly there to a complete squad

we are finally getting healthy too top 4 should start to take shape imo

Your best form has come because of the injuries.

these injured guys (Di Maria, Shaw, Rafael, etc) coming back will ruin the balance and winning formula LvG has found. can't wait Proud

guess someone's desperate. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:41 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Arsenal the only team to win both games in festive period. Here is hoping we can join them tomorrow Proud
I have lost all the faith in the mentality of our starting XI. But I still hope for another 1-0 win

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:38 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Arsenal the only team to win both games in festive period. Here is hoping we can join them tomorrow Proud
I have lost all the faith in the mentality of our starting XI. But I still hope for another 1-0 win

Brenda got this :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Proud to say I called both Di Maria and Falcao. Obviously both great players but massively overrated for one reason or the other.

Falcao was dreadful in Ligue Un and picked up an ACL injury that few fully recover from. Wasn't shocked to see him struggle at all. Can't see United retaining him in the summer when you take into account is astronomic fee & how well both RVP and Rooney are doing.

Di Maria on the other hand was living off 1 dribble which he couldn't even finish off himself. Obviously a great player but his entire career has been marred by inconsistency. Unlike players like Ozil, Hazard, Silva, Fabregas etc although he has a higher level than any of those players bar Hazard his bottom level isn't anywhere near as good as those select players. When Di Maria has a bad game it's not only eyecatchingly noticeable but it even hampers his own team.

Obviously a fantastic player but he's been poor-average since about September apparently that's down to LVG playing him as a winger despite him spending the majority of his career there. Fantastic player but not worth anywhere near £65m, he's a level below Sanchez, Hazard, Bale and Neymar. And if you're playing him in midfield I'd prefer more composure and control there rather than his erratic, direct style. No surprise Madrid improved without him.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Gil wrote:Proud to say I called both Di Maria and Falcao. Obviously both great players but massively overrated for one reason or the other.

Falcao was dreadful in Ligue Un and picked up an ACL injury that few fully recover from. Wasn't shocked to see him struggle at all. Can't see United retaining him in the summer when you take into account is astronomic fee & how well both RVP and Rooney are doing.

Di Maria on the other hand was living off 1 dribble which he couldn't even finish off himself. Obviously a great player but his entire career has been marred by inconsistency. Unlike players like Ozil, Hazard, Silva, Fabregas etc although he has a higher level than any of those players bar Hazard his bottom level isn't anywhere near as good as those select players. When Di Maria has a bad game it's not only eyecatchingly noticeable but it even hampers his own team.

Obviously a fantastic player but he's been poor-average since about September apparently that's down to LVG playing him as a winger despite him spending the majority of his career there. Fantastic player but not worth anywhere near £65m, he's a level below Sanchez, Hazard, Bale and Neymar. And if you're playing him in midfield I'd prefer more composure and control there rather than his erratic, direct style. No surprise Madrid improved without him.

Perez has really been showing up GL experts in the last 2 years.

Remember after selling Ozil..

"Is it the worst decision in RM history since selling Makelele ? " rofl Laughing

and after selling Di Maria this summer

"Welcome back R16 CL exit" Laughing

Gil. Likes of you and me are lighting sunshines of this place. The heroes that GL needs, but not necessarily appreciate or deserves at the moment. Glad to have been your compatriot since day one in 2009.

Molenation

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:33 pm

this guy called it too

Yeah, so now I'm going to be branded a troll/WUM/blinkered for telling you this, but here is how it stands with Falcao;

Medical issues
ACL injuries are horrific;
-Psychologically, many players NEVER return. Underrated, massive risk.
-Risk of major injury within the next 12 months is HUGE.
-Able to start playing again with 6 months, but generally takes 12+ months to recover
-Bioelasticity of the knee is completely shattered, and this removes a player's initial burst of pace, shot power, quick turns and lateral movements (and this can NEVER recover).
-My hunch is that these issues will not be helped by playing in the 'fastest, most intense league in the world'
Couple these with his age and already creaking body and you're looking at a player that would be a shadow of his former glories

Financially
Loan fee is being reported as anywhere between £6m and £12m. Wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to £6m given that it's deadline day, but then again, you guys do love overspending, so that's up in the air. His wages over there are 200k after tax... to produce those wages here, you'd have to pay him something like £20m+ before tax (or 400k+ a week, Rooney is on 300k). When Liverpool were looking at him, the loan fee (12m) and wages package was coming out to £30-35m for one season. I don't know what you've negotiated but that is an outrageous amount of money

Footballing past
-Players in the PL peak in goalscoring terms between ages 24 and 27. I haven't done the study so idk if it's different for elite players. Falcao is 29.
-At his peak, imo, he was the best pure 9 in the world. For Porto and more importantly Atletico he proved that, his goalscoring record was probably only second to Messi and Ronaldo. A 4 goals in 5 games type of striker, unbelievable.
-At Monaco, however, the fans weren't happy with him. I can't claim to know much about Monaco and their season, but I can tell you for sure that the Monaco fans were very frustrated by his performances (something like 10 goals in 20 games, might have included penalties, can't remember).

Will he even get a game?
United already have two international thoroughbred forwards. van Persie and Rooney are proven, and have been scoring goals for fun for years. It seems unlikely that Falcao will displace either of them from the team, given that one has just been made captain, and the other is the golden boy of the Dutch coach. The option might be there to play Rooney as a number 10, but you have Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj all capable of playing there, so at least one is going to be frozen out. It seems likely that Falcao will be coming off the bench. This won't be the worst thing in the world to ease him back into the game after his injury. But do United really want to be paying an obscene amount of money to merely rehabilitate a player (that evidently wants to move to Madrid at the end of the season) and not see his best form?

But when he does play?
United so far have looked massively disjointed going forwards, with there being a clear break up in play between the midfield and the attack (as well as in other areas). Is Falcao going to help that? Not at all. Build up play is the weakest part of his game. Radamel puts the ball into the net, everything else is the concern of his team-mates. Diego Costa served his apprenticeship being the bitch supply man for Falcao. Work rate, pressing, link up play, none of that makes up any part of Radamel's game. Rooney and van Persie are already mighty fine, clinical strikers. Falcao (at his peak, which is certainly not given) would provide a small upgrade on either of them. Does he solve the massive hole between United's midfield and attack? No.

Conclusion
United are getting a player that's possibly a ticking time bomb, with a massively compromised knee, who will probably be sitting on the bench, who does not solve any problems for them, who is already showing signs of massive decline (from a peak as one of the world's best), and want to pay a massive amount of money for him.

tl;dr Falcao will be one of the biggest flops in PL history.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Just waiting patiently for Hala to see the "comparison" between Ozil and Di Maria Gil just wrote about.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:32 pm

I never saw too much into the hype of Di Maria. He had a good half year, but even in that he had some erratic performances.

You know who is a forgotten man though? David Silva. Guy is a beast and has been on fire lately. He's better than Ozil, Di Maria and Sanchez for my money. :coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:34 pm

He's not forgotten, he was injured.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Don't call me James wrote:He's not forgotten, he was injured.

Rarely see much talk about him though even in form. For me he is one of the absolute best players out there. He doesn't rack up the goals or even the assists all the time, but the way he controls the game and the way he can change the tempo of the match I would kill to have him at Liverpool. Such skill. He's hard working too.

lolz

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/2579EB104C1161008689940160512_39f2df4e552.1.4.17826686796998576331.mp4?versionId=m_eFzAUy6baz9l9i7mT15Cg0CV8fxZPu
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:08 pm

What's this Di Maria nonsense?

He has played 30 minutes in a month and a half. He has been out with an injury. Before that he had 3 goals and 6 assists in 10 apps. Contributed 9 goals in his first 10 matches and he has been found out scratch

edit: 6+3 is 9 apparently and not 7 hmm

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:What's this Di Maria nonsense?

He has played 30 minutes in a month and a half. He has been out with an injury. Before that he had 3 goals and 6 assists in 10 apps. Contributed 7 goals in his first 10 matches and he has been found out scratch

gils gonna gil
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Big fan of Gil's agenda to call every talent in the league useless in a way to promote his boy Hazard.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:33 pm

Gil is just precious. G(i)L won't be the same w/o him

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:42 pm

When did 3+6=7? hmm
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:55 pm

typo imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wor Ayoze Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:55 pm

srigooner wrote:Gil is just precious. G(i)L won't be the same w/o him

Yes it will be way better without him

Wor Ayoze
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Gil wrote:Proud to say I called both Di Maria and Falcao.

lol and you think you have been vindicated on your 'calls'?? wow.. Shocked Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Wor Ayoze wrote:
srigooner wrote:Gil is just precious. G(i)L won't be the same w/o him

Yes it will be way better without him

Nah.. GiL and his views provide the streak of insanity that this forum lacks.. It restores balance to the force.. The forum would be dull and drab without him Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:05 pm

farfan wrote:this guy called it too

Yeah, so now I'm going to be branded a troll/WUM/blinkered for telling you this, but here is how it stands with Falcao;

Medical issues
ACL injuries are horrific;
-Psychologically, many players NEVER return. Underrated, massive risk.
-Risk of major injury within the next 12 months is HUGE.
-Able to start playing again with 6 months, but generally takes 12+ months to recover
-Bioelasticity of the knee is completely shattered, and this removes a player's initial burst of pace, shot power, quick turns and lateral movements (and this can NEVER recover).
-My hunch is that these issues will not be helped by playing in the 'fastest, most intense league in the world'
Couple these with his age and already creaking body and you're looking at a player that would be a shadow of his former glories

Financially
Loan fee is being reported as anywhere between £6m and £12m. Wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to £6m given that it's deadline day, but then again, you guys do love overspending, so that's up in the air. His wages over there are 200k after tax... to produce those wages here, you'd have to pay him something like £20m+ before tax (or 400k+ a week, Rooney is on 300k). When Liverpool were looking at him, the loan fee (12m) and wages package was coming out to £30-35m for one season. I don't know what you've negotiated but that is an outrageous amount of money

Footballing past
-Players in the PL peak in goalscoring terms between ages 24 and 27. I haven't done the study so idk if it's different for elite players. Falcao is 29.
-At his peak, imo, he was the best pure 9 in the world. For Porto and more importantly Atletico he proved that, his goalscoring record was probably only second to Messi and Ronaldo. A 4 goals in 5 games type of striker, unbelievable.
-At Monaco, however, the fans weren't happy with him. I can't claim to know much about Monaco and their season, but I can tell you for sure that the Monaco fans were very frustrated by his performances (something like 10 goals in 20 games, might have included penalties, can't remember).

Will he even get a game?
United already have two international thoroughbred forwards. van Persie and Rooney are proven, and have been scoring goals for fun for years. It seems unlikely that Falcao will displace either of them from the team, given that one has just been made captain, and the other is the golden boy of the Dutch coach. The option might be there to play Rooney as a number 10, but you have Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj all capable of playing there, so at least one is going to be frozen out. It seems likely that Falcao will be coming off the bench. This won't be the worst thing in the world to ease him back into the game after his injury. But do United really want to be paying an obscene amount of money to merely rehabilitate a player (that evidently wants to move to Madrid at the end of the season) and not see his best form?

But when he does play?
United so far have looked massively disjointed going forwards, with there being a clear break up in play between the midfield and the attack (as well as in other areas). Is Falcao going to help that? Not at all. Build up play is the weakest part of his game. Radamel puts the ball into the net, everything else is the concern of his team-mates. Diego Costa served his apprenticeship being the bitch supply man for Falcao. Work rate, pressing, link up play, none of that makes up any part of Radamel's game. Rooney and van Persie are already mighty fine, clinical strikers. Falcao (at his peak, which is certainly not given) would provide a small upgrade on either of them. Does he solve the massive hole between United's midfield and attack? No.

Conclusion
United are getting a player that's possibly a ticking time bomb, with a massively compromised knee, who will probably be sitting on the bench, who does not solve any problems for them, who is already showing signs of massive decline (from a peak as one of the world's best), and want to pay a massive amount of money for him.

tl;dr Falcao will be one of the biggest flops in PL history.

who is 'this guy' ??
whoever he is he doesnt know shit.

for eg. this here is absolute bs
Build up play is the weakest part of his game. Radamel puts the ball into the net, everything else is the concern of his team-mates.

anyone who has watched falcao playing this season can contradict this. He is one of the most hard working players on the pitch. His build up play and contribution to the team has been immense. just puts the ball in the net?? really?? rofl

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Di Maria is the real deal, imo, but I'm not surprised Falcao has looked average. Still, we're yet to see him fully fit.

Liverpool: Mignolet, Skrtel, Sakho, Manquillo, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling.

Swansea: Fabianski, Richards, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor, Britton, Shelvey, Dyer, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Bony.

We should have a field day against that Swansea midfield.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:19 pm

and regarding the conclusion all of a sudden people are coming up with saying falcao will be a huge flop for us and all is just :facepalm:

The guy has barely played for us. 5 starts and some 15 min cameos, 11 PL games in total , 2 goals and 3 assists. Only in the last match he has looked crap and that btw took place in less than 48 hours after the previous one. In all other games he looked in good nick.
And Its no coincidence the likes of Gil are coming up with these posts after one bad match. Where were they when he put a sterling display in the previous game against Newcastle ?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next