djoe26
Sina
Raptorgunner
El Gunner
RealGunner
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal Vs QPR Preview, Live and Post match - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs QPR Preview, Live and Post match

Post by julias Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:58 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
julias wrote:Welbeck has 6 goals in all competitions (18) confused 3 in the PL, 3 in the Gala game.

He's scored in 4 games all season for us and has started pretty much started every game since signing if my memory serves me right....

But forgetting that I personally don't think his link up is that great, his final pass is panicky and I regularly see his first touch taking him a good 5-6 yards back in the direction of where the pass came from.

Can't really dribble but has pace. Has really good movement but even that has petered out recently.

I'm just not convinced and I wasn't convinced before he came either. I'm just glad we signed Alexis because he has been firing on all cylinders whether from SS or LW or RW

I just told you he has 11 goals in 18 when playing centrally in all competitions, he's a very good CF just not a LW or what Wenger is doing with him. And he's expected to play centrally in our next 3 games so we should be fine.

His link-up play is great with everyone, Cazorla, Alexis, Oxlade-Chamberlain - he fits in our team as if he's been for years here so I don't know where you got the idea that he's been bad really.

Much better fit to our team than Giroud anyway.

I have no idea where you're getting your numbers from because he hasn't scored 11 goals for Arsenal all season let alone when he's played up front, please link me to where these ghost goals have come from I beg you....

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=1901680/profile/index.html

6 goals in 18 appearances villa, hull, west brom, gala

julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs QPR Preview, Live and Post match - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs QPR Preview, Live and Post match

Post by Wilson37 Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:52 am

the Arsenal way.. cant make an easy one sided match more interesting..

it was really stupid from Giroud.. but was it enough for a red.. could have got away with an yellow ? we attacked better and played well on the counter in the second half.. the movement is always better with Welbeck upfront.. what a fighter, one man army Alexis..!!

what a way to make your return for Rosicky.. to all the jokers who blamed him for a poor match in the only chance he got this season before this... Rosicky has been Arsenal's best CAM 2 years back.. and still he is the best in our squad.. i would prefer him as CAM ahead of Caorla, Wilshere or even Ozil..

and great mental strength after almost throwing away the match..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:53 am

it was poor penalty from Alexis.. just like that Ozils vs Bayern.. but their attitude after the miss tells about their character.. exact opposite.. this guy is a real fighter.. never gives up.. may be South American genes..

Alexis is definitely better when he plays on the left and cuts in with his stronger right foot.. and next 3 games it will be Welbeck as CF..

Alexis--Welbeck--Walcott

hoping to see this frontline for the first time, which should be our immediate future..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:55 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
julias wrote:Welbeck has 6 goals in all competitions (18) confused 3 in the PL, 3 in the Gala game.

He's scored in 4 games all season for us and has started pretty much started every game since signing if my memory serves me right....

But forgetting that I personally don't think his link up is that great, his final pass is panicky and I regularly see his first touch taking him a good 5-6 yards back in the direction of where the pass came from.

Can't really dribble but has pace. Has really good movement but even that has petered out recently.

I'm just not convinced and I wasn't convinced before he came either. I'm just glad we signed Alexis because he has been firing on all cylinders whether from SS or LW or RW

I just told you he has 11 goals in 18 when playing centrally in all competitions, he's a very good CF just not a LW or what Wenger is doing with him. And he's expected to play centrally in our next 3 games so we should be fine.

His link-up play is great with everyone, Cazorla, Alexis, Oxlade-Chamberlain - he fits in our team as if he's been for years here so I don't know where you got the idea that he's been bad really.

Much better fit to our team than Giroud anyway.

exactly, our attack as a whole looks more threatening and fluent when Welbeck plays CF.. hell even when Sanogoal plays.. this is not because Giroud isnt capable.. but we are still stuck with last years slow predictable holdup and one two play..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:25 am

Rosicky needs to sit everyone else in this club down and teach them a lecture on "how to celebrate a goal and look like a total bad ass"

Legit nobodys celebrations at this club get me more excited than the actual goal other than him.. He could score the seventh goal against Coventry and I'd get hyped if it was him putting it in the back of the net
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:40 am

^julias

6 in 14 for Arsenal
5 in 4 for England

11 total in 18 - all competitions and as a CF. Add 3 assists and that is good contribution all around.

And it goes without saying that Welbeck contributes not only in goals but work rate, fantastic link-up play, is a good dribbler, wins penalties with his trickery and more. And Welbeck is much better suited in away games against the likes of West Ham and Southampton who will be braver at home and leave space behind for a fast striker like Welbeck to exploit.

Seriously I don't see why we should be worried, Alexis now gets to play LW, Welbeck in his best position, possibly Walcott in his best position. It's our best front 3 available.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:43 am; edited 2 times in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:41 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Rosicky needs to sit everyone else in this club down and teach them a lecture on "how to celebrate a goal and look like a total bad ass"
THIS
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:02 am

urban I don't count England goals towards Arsenal stats seeing as they don't put points on the board for us. And playing LW for Arsenal is hardly a touchline hugging role, when has an Arsenal player playing on the wing ever been forced to stay wide.

He doesn't stay wide, I don't see him driving down the wing to put crosses in, he has the freedom to come inside whenever he wants and he does.

Either way it's a matter of opinion, I don't rate him and that's just mine, playing on the wing hasn't stopped Alexis from smashing in the goals and he stays wide far more than Welbeck.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:33 am

You don't rate him, that's fair enough. But no one can dispute the fact that he naturally (like most players) produces less goals as a winger than a CF - that's a valid excuse for many players but not for Welbeck? When he plays centrally he has proven over and over that he's a regular goalscorer, with England, Arsenal and Man Utd.

Playing on the wing effects him more than other players, he spends more time tracking a fullback than he does scoring goals because that's how SAF told him to play on the wing and he's commited to the role and unselfish which helps the team and not his personal stats. Then people make jokes about his goal return while completely ignoring his perfectly fine stats as CF.

Alexis is a natural winger, while Welbeck is a striker made to play on the wing - this example is not valid in this case. Henry playing LW for Juventus, Vela LW for Arsenal and other strikers forced to play wide seem more appropiate. As soon as they played centrally they started producing more goals and that is just normal for a CENTER forward. Same case for Welbeck, I feel for him because he's unselfish.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:25 am

Nice preview work, RG.

A win is a win at this stage of the season, but our performances, in general, really need to improve. You can count our best performances on one hand this season - and we're almost at the half-way stage.

I thought Rosicky was excellent, particularly when you consider it was his first Premier League start of the season. Others who did well included Debuchy (again), Monreal and Gibbs. It was a real shame to see what Giroud did. He let the whole team down and I'm happy to hear that he has apologised. I tweeted at the time that I'd fine him 6 weeks wages, but looking back now, maybe that'd be harsh considering it's the first time he's ever done anything like this.

Now we face two huge games: West Ham and Southampton - both away. Honestly, I'm not expecting 6 points, really I'm not. If we had everyone fit, I'd fancy us to maybe do that, but with the injuries, it'll be almost impossible. Two draws wouldn't be a disaster, but we can't afford to lose.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:44 am

Two draws wouldn't be a disaster, because we have had a pretty disastrous season already. Not much more that can be piled on. *sigh*

I want to see 6 points though. All said and done, we need the points. And right after that, I would hope for a good and early transfer recruit. (Insert comment about unicorns farting rainbows here).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2