MJ
Raptorgunner
Sina
Chumlum
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:00 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 2015-010

It's the same as this :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Hope that page gets defaced with pics of Emma Watson some day.

Terrible section on the official website.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Hope that page gets defaced with pics of Emma Watson some day.

Terrible section on the official website.

How's that being defaced ffs? Probably a facelift. hmm
And I guess faces won't be the only things lifting for gooners wordlwide. Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Emma Watttt????
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:44 pm

srigooner wrote:

Personally, I am only willing to be patient this season because the WC, shortened preseason and the post-WC injuries have played a role in the mess that is this season. They are excuses, yes, but at least to some extent, valid ones.

Is this really anything more than another "4th Place Trophy". Since it really has little to no affect on any other top team?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:50 pm

6unner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Personally, I am only willing to be patient this season because the WC, shortened preseason and the post-WC injuries have played a role in the mess that is this season. They are excuses, yes, but at least to some extent, valid ones.

Is this really anything more than another "4th Place Trophy". Since it really has little to no affect on any other top team?

Like I said, I am personally ok with buying into the validity of the excuses/circumstances this season - not an indication that I will buy them for all of eternity and beyond.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Not questioning you either just a general statement on something I have heard many times by many people. From the club and supporters.

More of something I am just curious to hear opinions on. Mostly since it is something that seems as if it is more of an Arsenal problem than a wide spread issue. That has an affect on almost any other club that has wide NT participation.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:11 pm

weren't you lads linked to Dybala?

Zamparini has said he rejected a bid from us and will wait to summer to sell him

which imo means we don't intend on keeping Falcao

have seen him play a bit but not much, is he the next Aguero? hmm
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:09 am

srigooner wrote:
6unner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Like I said, I am personally ok with buying into the validity of the excuses/circumstances this season - not an indication that I will buy them for all of eternity and beyond.

It is actually the opposite of what you said. Every manager has had to deal with this, yet Wenger can't figure it out, and you still give him the benefit of the doubt. Does the season have to be a 100% failure for Wenger to be held accountable?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:25 am

6unner wrote:Not questioning you either just a general statement on something I have heard many times by many people. From the club and supporters.

More of something I am just curious to hear opinions on. Mostly since it is something that seems as if it is more of an Arsenal problem than a wide spread issue. That has an affect on almost any other club that has wide NT participation.

I think Bayern had a number of key personnel out for a while, obviously that didn't affect their form because they're a better team and have the depth for it anyway.

If we had signed a CB and DM then I think we'd be a lot better off by now and wouldn't have to curse our post-WC injury luck and all that jazz.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:08 am

Artilleristen wrote:It is actually the opposite of what you said. Every manager has had to deal with this, yet Wenger can't figure it out, and you still give him the benefit of the doubt. Does the season have to be a 100% failure for Wenger to be held accountable?

Hey a couple of things here - I said I am ok with being grudgingly patient, but that's not a call for everyone to do likewise. I have been much more vocal in criticising our failings this season, but in the grand scheme of things, I am willing to be patient this season. The reason is that despite not completing the job in the summer window, we atleast did the first half of it right - which is miles ahead of what we have been doing the last few years. Compare this summer with the last day 5 signings one after the 8-2. I am only choosing to see that as a positive signal and now wait to see if it was a one off. Again, reiterate that this is just my personal stance on the matter.

This was also the crux of the discussion in earlier days with urbs - he had his last straw and I will have mine in the coming months if certain things stay the same.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:58 am

Bielik on his way over for a medical:

http://legia.com/aktualnosci/bielik-przejdzie-testy-medyczne-w-arsenalu-45277

Wenger: “We work really hard morning until late night to try to get one or two players in.”

That probably includes Bielik.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:31 am

So is Bielik going join the first team?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:42 am

Raptorgunner wrote:So is Bielik going join the first team?

He's a youth signing man.. If he proves himself, he might join when the likes of Zelalem, Crowley and co do..

The only reason there is so much attention on this is because:
(a) we need a first team defensive midfield signing, and incidentally this kid plays the same position
(b) we haven't really made any other moves on the window yet, despite widely known squad shortcomings - there hasn't been much for the media to speculate about
(c) we managed to draw out negotiations with Legia for weeks to complete a deal - typical Arsenal fashion

Just because we sign a youngster, it doesn't automatically mean we will not sign anyone else for that same position in the first team

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:54 pm

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:So is Bielik going join the first team?

He's a youth signing man.. If he proves himself, he might join when the likes of Zelalem, Crowley and co do..

The only reason there is so much attention on this is because:
(a) we need a first team defensive midfield signing, and incidentally this kid plays the same position
(b) we haven't really made any other moves on the window yet, despite widely known squad shortcomings - there hasn't been much for the media to speculate about
(c) we managed to draw out negotiations with Legia for weeks to complete a deal - typical Arsenal fashion

Just because we sign a youngster, it doesn't automatically mean we will not sign anyone else for that same position in the first team

He's saying that because of the SSN reports that Bielik is a first team signing, not because of the attention to it.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:01 pm

Yeah because Wenger decides teams based on what SSN thinks Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:06 pm

This entire thread is based around what SSN and outlets like it think Wenger thinks lmao
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:25 pm

It’s not expected that Bielik will be integrated into the first team this season, he’s definitely one for the future, and we’ll wait and see if the Arteta news forces the manager’s hand in the January window.

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/01/bielik-travelling-to-london-for-arsenal-medical/

:coffee:

Again, my prev post referred to the attention on this deal, be it from the media or from gunners.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Legia Warsaw confirmed the news on their website on Thursday afternoon and the 17-year-old has been told he will go straight into Arsene Wenger's first-team squad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2911586/Arsenal-close-deal-sign-highly-rated-Legia-Warsaw-starlet-Krystian-Bielik.html

SSN: Bielik flying to London to complete Arsenal move on Friday. £2.3m fee. Straight into first-team squad. #AFC

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC/status/555678775997120513

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will reportedly put Bielik in the Gunners first-team squad straight away, despite only making six senior appearances for Legia.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/krystian-bielik-to-arsenal-gunners-agree-25m-fee-for-17yearold-legia-warsaw-midfielder-9980006.html

:coffee:

Plenty of speculation claiming he'll be a part of the first team this season.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:52 pm

He'll probably be part of the first team squad in the same capacity as the likes of Hayden, Zelalem, Maitland-Niles, Gnabry and Akpom, which is basically being called up when needed or if we really need to rotate. As long as we've fit midfielders (which isn't often), he'll likely won't be in many matchday squads and will instead play the U21 games.

I suppose his squad number will reveal all.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:10 pm

At least he looks big

Which squad number do we have that is good enough for a first teamer?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm not concerned either way, if the alternative to using him is Flamini then I'm confident he'll get his chance lol.

If Coquelin can keep up his form then there's no need to rush Bielik in. The Arteta news was just a hammer blow though, we're still short for a while unless this kid is something special.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:31 pm

with all due respect, I really don't think a barely 17 year old who has played a few minutes in the Polish league is better than Flamini just like that.
Let's keep it real.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:32 pm

If this was a kid that had no connection to Sr. level competition yet. It would be a lot easier to buy into the we were getting him for the U21 games. Since he does have Sr. level competition it would actually surprise me if we were getting him for anything other than the 1st team squad.
Which also means we can probably say good bye to the idea of that world class DM that is going to come in for now and the future. If anything I would be surprised if we were looking at another DM that was not an aging past it Artetta type player on loan for the rest of the year. Wenger would not want someone around to stunt his growth.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:with all due respect, I really don't think a barely 17 year old who has played a few minutes in the Polish league is better than Flamini just like that.
Let's keep it real.

I've never seen him play but I know he is.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:with all due respect, I really don't think a barely 17 year old who has played a few minutes in the Polish league is better than Flamini just like that.
Let's keep it real.
I rather play a man short than play flamini. With a man short at least you know, with flamini you never know. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next