MJ
Raptorgunner
Sina
Chumlum
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:44 pm

L'Equipe say Illarramendi is happy to wait until the summer for Arsenal who are very interested.

I'm happy to let him wait until the summer too.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 B836RmbCQAAr2On

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:56 pm

Illara vs Schneiderlin rumors for the next few months, until Tancredi Palmeri comes in with exclusive information on how we're bidding "BIG" for Javi Martinez.

:coffee:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:58 pm

Btw, It's Martinez not Martinezinho

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:27 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Its "Deadline day" and not one Arsenal fan cares.Proud

It wasn't until I entered this thread and read your post that I actually remembered it was D-Day rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:13 pm

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/valencias-latest-left-back-sensation-chased-arsenal-and-yet-commit-mestalla

Arsene pls
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Saint-Etienne defender Loic Perrin held talks with Arsenal over a January transfer, according to talkSPORT.

But the 29-year-old, who did not believe he was the top transfer target, opted to stay where he was and will possibly look for a bigger transfer another day.

"There were serious contacts via my agent. I think I was on a shortlist but not at the very top apparently," said Perrin.

"A transfer in this window, it is difficult. But it is difficult to refuse Arsenal. I have always said that if I have to leave St Étienne, one day, it would be for a bigger club, a club that plays Champions League.

"I don't think many Ligue 1 players would refuse a club such as Arsenal."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-news-transfers-loic-perrin-5114524

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Also RG, time to make this a normal rumours thread nw?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Palermo president says bad advice has 'completely changed' Dybala and that it is 'difficult' to see him staying like Cavani and Pastore.

If we had any interest then that's a welcome mat being thrown down.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:02 pm

The Express (salt) say James Milner has offers from Liverpool and Arsenal for when his contract expires.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Wonder if Theo's lack of gametime has anything to do with his contract. Wenger did say that it's 'always difficult' with him.

Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see Podolski and Campbell leave in the summer but if Theo goes then we need to reinvest obviously. Not sure we need to if the former two do.

Either way, Pedro seems to be available, complaining about his playing time again, don't know what you guys think of him but I've always thought he'd be a neat buy if we could get him at a decent price, definitely not the 25-30m being touted.

Would rather pin Walcott to a wall and force him to sign da ting though.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:36 pm

I honestly don't get what's the issue with Walcott not playing.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Wait, what? I just figured Walcott was still struggling with fitness

Why does he need to sign a new contract? We signed him to a 100k a week deal like two years ago right? Was it only a three year deal? How is it up already?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:20 am

It's up in 2016.

That's why I related the two, because Wenger specifically complained about how difficult it is to agree new terms with him.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:58 am

Where is Walcott going? rofl

I really dont care if he goes, just dont want him to drag is contract talk. Either sign or GTFO. I am not buying this contract talk tbh, I believe Wenger is just talking it easy with him.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Jeremy Wilson of the Telegraph says we're eyeing three additions; Neven Subotic, Morgan Schneiderlin and possibly a 'commanding number one' goalkeeper. He also, however, says we're 'listening to offers' for Flamini meaning he has another year to go on his deal.

£50million to spend. Add the likely sales of Jenkinson, Podolski, Campbell, Flamini, release of Diaby and that's a nice fat chunk to add to that as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11464861/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-lines-up-bid-for-Neven-Subotic.html

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 am

Hope we can hang on to Campbell.

Flamini signed for 3 years. So yes, 1 year left.

Theo: have been on this for a while, bumping his contract thread from last time, which seems to have been ignored. He signed for 3.5 years in January 2.5 years back. He has 1 year left but is in a polar opposite of the negotiating position he found himself in last time around. That's why I believe we have put something to his side but aren't really critically hard pressed to find a solution.

Don't forget Ox and Gnabry.

With Ox out for 4 weeks, I expect Theo to get some game time.

He's our best finisher. And has been here for a decade. Crucial that we keep him.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:49 pm

Nah Campbell should just leave. Hoping for 5-10m for him.

If we match him and Gnabry, Gnabry comes out better in every way. Joel is still a very good talent, but he will have to show that to his next club.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:10 pm

Where is Gnabry btw scratch
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:58 pm

Still getting back to fitness.

-----------

Not good signs regarding Walcott so far. Might finally be off
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:23 am

if Diaby is still here, Theo has every right to be though

if he gets a pay cut.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, let the Internet Bullshit Artist sweepstakes begin:

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 6 minutes ago

Have it from an impeccable source that Arsenal have a strong interest in Raheem Sterling. Walcott could be used in any deal to sign him #afc
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:13 pm

Thats so impeccable. Wonder what the lads smoking btw smoking

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:11 am

A few scattered thoughts about summer transfers ... mostly speculative stuff. Humor me.

A lot of our discussion about what we want & need this summer is on a this-mean-business CB upgrade (e.g., Subotic a recent rumor) and a holding midfielder (e.g. Schneiderlin). In many ways we're kind of set for the attack, with Welbeck, Giroud, Alexis, Theo, Ox, and so on ...

... or are we?

Podolski and Campbell are all but guaranteed to leave. Oxlade-Chamberlain seems unable to go more than a few months without some nagging injury (or a dip in form). Who knows if Sanogo will be welcomed back into the fold. Gnabry is kind of a question mark--combination of Chambo and Sanogo. Even Walcott's future is not ironclad.

Do you all think that one or even two attacking additions for the senior squad are possible this summer?

And to add a hypothetical to conjecture, how would people feel if Wenger went in for Stevan Jovetic? Jojo seems surplus at City, maybe poised for a move ... I almost wonder if he couldn't come to Arsenal and do a job as a high-level rotation guy. Not saying it will happen. Not saying I'm even personally convinced it's a great idea. But he's a player I like who I think hasn't gotten a full chance to shine at City, and the idea just seems a little intriguing. Not worth more than five seconds' thought though.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:36 am

I thin attackers will depend very much on departures, but would be good to add to the list which has Özil and Sanchez. That also implies no Jovetic for me, he isn't the same quality.

I would like some strengthening at the back and midfield, either through youth stepping up and/or acquisitions.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:52 am

Goalkeeper and central midfield are two positions I think we could strengthen in the summer.

Defence is fine with Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gabriel, Chambers, Debuchy (remember him?), Bellerin, Monreal and Gibbs. Numbers and sufficient quality. Unless a really quality player becomes available we don't need to sign anybody for these positions.

If Coquelin continues as he is, a first team DM won't be necessary. Depending on what happens with Arteta and Flamini, we may need another body here, but I think Arteta would suit the role of backup/rotation DM really well.

As for the attack, if Walcott is sold I don't believe we'll need to replace him with an expensive buy. Alexis, Chamberlain, Welbeck and Ozil have the versatility needed to cover the attacking positions and would play the bulk of the games, so another first team signing would probably struggle for games. Also important to consider that the options in midfield directly impact this area of the team. When Ramsey comes back into the team, Ozil will move from 10 to the flank, which leaves three players for the other flank.

I'd really like a better keeper than what we have. It's a question of a keeper of that quality becoming available, of course, but if one did I want us to be all over him. Hell, I'd take Lloris from Spurs if the choice was there.

A central midfielder who could play deeper would be useful, too. Wilshere is unreliable with his dodgy ankles and Rosicky can't play more than one game per week, so there's an over-reliance on Cazorla and Ramsey here. Getting a guy who's comfortable deeper as well in central midfield would improve our depth and give us another tactical option.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:58 am

Petr Cech and Samir Handanovic seem available.

Mourinho confirmed Cech might want out, Inter could be forced to sell Handanovic.

Don't know what it would take to get Cech from Chelsea but since age can mean so little to keepers I would take him and run with him if Wenger has given up on Szczesny.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next