McAgger
fatman123
rwo power
Valkyrja
8 posters

Go down

Mid-Season Discussions Thread Empty Mid-Season Discussions Thread

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:55 pm

What are your expectations for your team after half a season ? Would you like any transfers during the winter break ?

PS: No Barca fans please in this thread until 2016 please.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Discussions Thread Empty Re: Mid-Season Discussions Thread

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:01 am

Well, we have no money for transfers anyway, so we just recalled goalie Thorben Krol (own academy product) from loan as we currently only have 3 goalies for the senior and U23 teams. For some reason we always seem to have some quite some injury problems in the goalie position -_-

What do I expect? Not much as usual. After 18 matches, we are currently 7 points behind the 1st place (with one game played less), but to get into the promotion round we need to win the RL West, which I somehow doubt. But there is always hope!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:24 am

We're good enough to win the league and challenge for the CL, but I feel an underwhelming 3 point ago over city and a tough R16 tie v PSG will make both harder then they should be. Regardless, I'm optimistic at this point in the season
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:29 am

We've definitely turned a corner and looking at the table and being only 5 points off 4th is a blessing. Top 4 is still definitely in reach now specially with Sturridge coming back finally.

We've found a formation that works for now and gets the best out of the personnel we have in the squad, should get even better when we have someone who can actually put chances way.

Now in terms of transfers, yes we definitely need some signings. Biggest priorities are a GK and a ST. Mignolet and Jones are beyond woeful this season and are major liabilities. We have problems in center midfield and center defense as well but they can wait till the summer. In attack, god known how long Studge can be fit for, he's the most injury prone player in the world right now, it's impossible to rely on him.

Would love Lacazette and a good young goalkeeper (Perin, Leno, etc) or even Keylor Navas.

Will probably end up with no one or Berahino, Delph and Begovic or something Sad If that's is the case then I hope we don't sign anyone. Will be interesting to see if FSG will give the idiotic committee anymore money to spend.

Expectations haven't changed really. Still expect top 4 and we are in good positions in 3 cups. We are definitely in need of a trophy now. This season it's going to be 3 years since we last won shit so yeah definitely expecting silverware.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:49 am

I don't expect Arsenal to get a good player this winter. I'd rather keep the money and splash it on a very good midfielder this summer than getting some average defensive midfielder like Flamini again. I strongly believe that Arsenal have enough good players all over the pitch expect in the midfield area. It's up to Wenger to get his tactics right.

About Barca , well at least no more Alex Song and Vermaleen ..
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:45 am

Well managed clubs don't need transfers in January, transfers in January are there for stupid clubs who don't know what they're doing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:49 am

fatman123 wrote:We're good enough to win the league and challenge for the CL, but I feel an underwhelming 3 point ago over city and a tough R16 tie v PSG will make both harder then they should be. Regardless, I'm optimistic at this point in the season
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:17 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well managed clubs don't need transfers in January, transfers in January are there for stupid clubs who don't know what they're doing.
Or for clubs that have real bad luck with injuries and no money to stack all positions -_-'
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:55 am

expectations havent changed. top 4 the bare minimum.

as far as transfers yea we do need a couple of new purchases but even if we wont buy anybody no much complaints. In defence it will depend on whether the likes of Smalling and Jones can stay fit now (at least). So save the money as of now and improve whole heartedly in the next summer. Stop gap solutions wont suffice anyway.
And in attack will like to add Memphis Depay into the squad, buy him and loan him out until next season. Reus will be a dream signing and we dont realistically expect it to happen. So Depay as of now as we do need a good winger.
midfield is okay.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down