ronaldo's free kicks : what the hell happened ?

+21
Busby Babe
flameas
jibers
Thimmy
Lex
rwo power
MaraVilla
Peccadillo
titosantill
RealGunner
adamdar
M99
Hapless_Hans
Pip
Great Leader Sprucenuce
dronte
BarrileteCosmico
CBarca
Art Morte
futbol
farfan
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ronaldo's free kicks : what the hell happened ? - Page 2 Empty Re: ronaldo's free kicks : what the hell happened ?

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:55 am

Well, there is no big difference between si and shi - at least if you transliterate Japanese kana
ronaldo's free kicks : what the hell happened ? - Page 2 Sishi10
will be rendered as "shi" if you use the Hepburn transliteration system, but as "si" if you use the ISO 3602 (Kunrei-shiki) transliteration system. :coffee:

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

ronaldo's free kicks : what the hell happened ? - Page 2 Empty Re: ronaldo's free kicks : what the hell happened ?

Post by Lex Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:01 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:In any case, I thought he was told to take them differently as his current way could lead to injuries and he lost his touch as a result of this?
So he developed a free kick technique that had a chance of injuring him? Laughing Talk about shit
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:02 am

When I saw that last free kick yesterday banana its away into row G, i howled with laughter
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:21 am

MaraVilla wrote:Tried comparing his Man Utd v RM FKs....Looks the same  hmm

Reminds me of those FPS spray and pray players. Take alot of shots and 1 will eventually go in.

He used to take "knuckle" free kicks that would swerve on it's way to the keeper. His personal doctor told him back in 2009 that continuing to practice this type of free kicks could cause permanent damage to his ankle, so I'd be surprised if he still does it this way. I made a thread about it on the original goal.com forums. I don't suppose it's possible to dig it up?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:29 am

farfan wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Fußball wrote:No time to practise freekicks when 90 % of his training schedule consists of practising penalties.

ronaldo's free kicks : what the hell happened ? - Page 2 8Rrelwv

In any case, I thought he was told to take them differently as his current way could lead to injuries and he lost his touch as a result of this?

frankly , i never bought that story .
it sounds like something out of Captain tsubasa .

" your secret  technique is sooooo deadly that you have to pay for it with a high risk of injury "

If I remember correctly, it had to do with the power he puts behind his free kicks, and the way he twists his ankle before hitting the ball, in order to make it swerve in the air. Nowadays, his free kicks seem to be completely straight, and he doesn't seem to know how to make them dip over the wall.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:07 pm

rwo power wrote:
CBarca wrote:Bale should be the free kick taker for Madrid for all of them. He definitely has his fair share of skied free kicks and shots into the wall, but at least he makes it from time to time.
Axtually, they should let Toni Kroos take them.

farfan wrote:not sure why some people are hearing " mooo" .
he's saying " yes " in portuguese .
The way his FK went, it should have been "Shiiiiii*...."

you know what's more embarassing than a ronaldo freekick these days ?
it's conceding from a Ronaldo freekick in 2014. Neuer managed to do that . :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:08 pm

farfan wrote:
rwo power wrote:
CBarca wrote:Bale should be the free kick taker for Madrid for all of them. He definitely has his fair share of skied free kicks and shots into the wall, but at least he makes it from time to time.
Axtually, they should let Toni Kroos take them.

farfan wrote:not sure why some people are hearing " mooo" .
he's saying " yes " in portuguese .
The way his FK went, it should have been "Shiiiiii*...."

you know what's more embarassing than a ronaldo freekick these days ?
it's conceding from a Ronaldo freekick in 2014. Neuer managed to do that
. :coffee:

ronaldo's free kicks : what the hell happened ? - Page 2 3732984984
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:47 pm

farfan wrote:you know what's more embarassing than a ronaldo freekick these days ?
it's conceding from a Ronaldo freekick in 2014. Neuer managed to do that . :coffee:
If Germany we have a nice saying if someone has been lucky once in a while as CR7 had then - "even a blind chicken manages to find some piece of grain once in a while." :coffee:

Last edited by rwo power on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My grammar leaves something to desired. The first version sounded like Loddar XD)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Too many diamonds, crystals on the boots..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Only PL

Top 10
Juan Mata: Shots 28, Goals 5, Conversion 17.9 (per cent)
Sebastian Larsson: 90, 11, 12.2.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: 62, 6, 9.7.
David Beckham: 54, 5, 9.3.
Nolberto Solano: 78, 7, 9.0.
Thierry Henry: 144, 12, 8.3.
Danny Murphy: 67, 5, 7.5.
Ryan Giggs: 73, 5, 6.8.
Leighton Baines: 76, 5, 6.6.
Laurent Robert: 154, 10, 6.5.

Selected others:
Cristiano Ronaldo: 164, 10, 6.1.
Steven Gerrard: 102, 6, 5.9.
Frank Lampard: 175, 7, 4.0.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-01-20/mata-is-the-greatest-premier-league-free-kick-taker-of-all-time/
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:04 pm

surprised by Stevie G and lamp's stats.... really thought they had more than 6-7 goals from FK :S
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Beckham only scored 5 ? wtf.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Sorry, it's since 01/02 season
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:17 pm

farfan wrote:Beckham only scored 5 ? wtf.

ahh just read the article, its from 2001 onwards........... beckham has scored 29 for Manchester United
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Calhanoglu >
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Fußball wrote:No time to practise freekicks when 90 % of his training schedule consists of practising penalties.

ronaldo's free kicks : what the hell happened ? - Page 2 8Rrelwv

In any case, I thought he was told to take them differently as his current way could lead to injuries and he lost his touch as a result of this?
Pretty much. They say that his knee issues were a result of how he took them before... too much torque on the knee joints because he used to block his motion right at the kick.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 pm

He also takes alot of them from stupid angles.
He also is quite good as an indirect set piece taker. Not as good as kroos though.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:51 pm

for me the issue isn't even about scoring the free kick, but at least letting it pose a threat to the goalie or the defense. i don't mind a free kick that goes just over the bar or curves slightly away, because it keeps the goalie agitated, so when the next set piece comes his mind is boggled, he focuses a lot on trying to adjust the wall and one can catch him by surprise, either by hitting a quick free kick, passing it out, or just time it better.....better still a set piece on target that leads to a rebound

i have issues when the free kicks go to row z or slam the wall, it defeats the purpose, and leaves goalies a lot less worried. roberto carlos had a poor conversion rate,(probably not as bad as cristiano's at present) but i took solace knowing that the wall and goalie were terrified of his shots, and he scored some free kicks due to poorly constructed walls/anxious goalies

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:05 pm

Roberto Carlos is another player who garnered a reputation of being a freekick master when in reality,  most of his shots ended up causing concussions and testicular torsions to players forming the wall .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:43 pm

The players that are the best at taking free kicks don't always take them at Madrid... i mean Zidane wasn't taking the PKs while he was playing there despite being the GOAT pk taker of all time imo Laughing

If you were going to do it properly, CR would only take the long range ones on his side and Kroos or Isco would take the shorter range ones.  On the other side, Bale is great but let me tell you...  James is the freakin goat of FK takers as a lefty.  The guy was insane at them both at Monaco and at NT.  Monaco scored probably half their goals in the 2nd half of last season as a result of James' free kicks.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:24 am

didn't know james had set-pieces in his repertoire, if that's the case they should let him hit a few. There's no reason why cristiano should be taking everything, what i find even worse is that sometimes they let sergio ramos get a few hits, granted he has scored a few, but i know there are more reasonable individuals than ramos for such purpose.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:48 am

Ramos has a stinger of a long range free kick. Don't think hes that bad. I want to see benzema and bale take the short range ones.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jontsu Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:21 pm

:coffee:
jontsu
jontsu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

had another beauty today :bow: anyone with a gif?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXOreZpyQpc

beautiful
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2