TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
Valkyrja
35 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard discussion

Post by Master_Goal Sun 14 Jun - 22:02:49

Hi everybody.
I've never seen so much football performance in a so young player. He has recently been 16. The most impressive of him is his intelligence at time to to always choose the best option for every play during the match, usually improving the plays. He is tremendous in that, seeming an experienced player. The best position for him would be right mildfielder.
If he is respected by injuries, surely he is going to domain world football during the next decade 2020-2030.
Real Madrid team has done a very good investment signing Martin Ødegaard, gaining the war to all the biggest teams of Europe.

Master_Goal
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu 14 Feb - 16:40:46

Thought I would bring this discussion back up. From the reports I have read, he seems to be doing really well.

With Isco and Asensio faltering this season, do you believe there is any chance Odegaard can work his way into the team?

Falls into the same dilemma as all the other CAMs that have come through the club as of late: James, Isco, Asensio etc. So, would he have a better chance dropping back as a creative midfielder, or pushing a bit more forward as a right sided inside forward?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 14 Feb - 16:47:13

If Solari stays - absoltutely no.

I expect Isco and Asensio to go and I wonder about the kid they just brought in from city.

I’m not taking this personally, but you have to wonder why Real M. Can’t use a system that uses AMs!

Especially when our NT uses them so well. As far as width, in the case of the NT, that is provided by the laterals. And it is because of the NT, that Spain develops an abundance of AMs.

So in conclusion, I just find it frustrating in that 1. The team doesn’t utilize that position at all and secondly, why sign them in the first place?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu 14 Feb - 17:29:51

Asensio isn't going anywhere.

He can play anywhere across the front line. He's pretty adaptable, I think.

Odegaard should come back.

Bale should definitely be leaving next season, there is a slot.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 14 Feb - 20:41:59

Odegaard won't cut it in Madrid, too slow and not enough end product to play a forward position. Might as well sell.

Asensio still has a darling status, he will stay for sure.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 14 Feb - 22:21:38

That was said about Higuain and Marcelo too i.e couldn't cut it. Knowing Madrid though, doubt he'll get the chance to prove he can't cut it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 14 Feb - 23:55:06

Asensio may stay for another season, but it will be as a reserve!! He has blown his chance to be a starter and with the emergence of Vinicius and with Rodrygo coming next season, Asensio´s days are numbered (at Madrid).

I´m still frustrated though on this continual signing of AMs and the team not utilizing the AM position.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 14 Feb - 23:58:23

Doc wrote:That was said about Higuain and Marcelo too i.e couldn't cut it. Knowing Madrid though, doubt he'll get the chance to prove he can't cut it.
well he has to prove us wrong by being incredible. Madrid is cut throat and given his lack of end product he needs to wow us with his work rate and playmaking. Good luck with that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri 15 Feb - 0:00:13

Hindsight 20/20, but he would have gotten minutes had he fought to stay this season. Looking at how much Vinicius (among other Castilla/ youngsters) has played and how poorly Bale, Asensio and Isco have been, I don't think it's a stretch to say he could have had an opportunity similar to Vinicius (not that they would have played the same, just opportunity). Especially considering Solari was his previous Castilla manager and he got so many minutes there.

Obviously can't predict the future, but I still think Odegaard is a good player with plenty of potential. I really don't know how he gets into this team, but I feel that the loan system we have attempted with him and other young talents is just a stall until they are sold.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 15 Feb - 0:02:53

why did this kid go to madrid. this was the worst club in the world for him to join. had he joined dortmund he would have been class by now.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 15 Feb - 0:06:09

Because we paid him? hmm

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 24 Feb - 23:45:39

Proud
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 24 Feb - 23:50:23

Yup, he's been very good over there. I really hope the club gives him actual opportunities to prove himself but I have my doubts.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 24 Feb - 23:54:22

40 meters out is crazy, but I think this is still my favorite goal of his this season.

And this is my favorite freekick of his:

Yeah, I don't know if he'll get anywhere at Real Madrid, but I'm pretty sure he'll end up playing for a top club eventually.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 25 Feb - 0:01:53

7.60 on whoscored (.07 less than Frenkie), not bad. Even has more key passes per game too.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 25 Feb - 0:03:59

He was injured at the start of the season, too. That didn't exactly ease his transition into a new team. He's only just turned 20. Still plenty of time for him to build a career Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 3 Mar - 18:34:41

Couldn't find a video with all of his highlights. His passes in the final third are still, occasionally a bit lacking in terms of being able to put the perfect amount of weight behind them, but he takes more initiative now and made a menace of himself all night with his pace, dribbling and vision Proud

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 3 Mar - 18:53:46

I am genuinely happy is doing well in Holland since I'm not sure if he'll have the proper guidance if he had stayed here. I mean, Solari is such a shit manager, I feel he would have used him as a LB or something.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue 5 Mar - 18:47:46

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/03/04/5c7d9ab0468aeb6e7e8b45ea.html

Honestly, that offer if it is true, is insulting. If he were an Ajax product, playing the way he is, the value would have been easily 80 mil plus. Also, assuming if it is true, Madrid rejecting it gives me hope they actually would give him a chance.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 5 Mar - 20:48:24

Real Madrid haven't made an estimation of his current value, so that's fair game, to be honest. I kind of wish they would sign him, as opposed to having us use him like a dispensible toy. He would benefit from playing for a better team, at this point in his development.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 19 Mar - 18:10:12

In a recent interview with Norwegian newspaper, VG, Martin Ødegaard states that he was a bit frustrated that the press has quoted and manipulated his statements regarding Zidane from a past interview. It's not a super interesting interview, but I figured I'd translate and post it here, anyway.

In an interview with dutch newspaper, Algemeen Dagblad in february, he was cited as making a joke about Zidane: "it was terrific to have Zidane as a coach, but sometimes it wasn't good for one's confidence! He really knew his stuff. What a technique!".

I haven't read any of the other articles on it, but apparently the interviewer asked him if Zidane participated in training sessions and if he still "had it". Martin initially answered 'yes', but then he added the joke which apparently was quoted by Mundo Deportivo, Daily Mail and RMC among others, without mentioning the context.

Martin Ødegaard wrote:It was obviously intended as a light-hearted joke, but was instead presented by some as criticism towards Zidane in several, international news outlets. I don't mind being perceived as boring, but of course, I wish I could be more open with the media than I probably have been in certain settings. I think holding back a bit can be a smart thing to do. Evidently, it only takes a small misstep to cause controversy.

Do you think it can cause trouble for you at Real Madrid?

Martin Ødegaard wrote:– I don't think it causes any trouble, but when you read a headline and that's what you see, it can cause people to make up opinions about you that aren't necessarily good. I'm not afraid that it's going to ruin my chances at Real Madrid, but it's still a shame.

On Zidane's comeback

Martin Ødegaard wrote:I didn't expect him to return so quickly after he left. I think it's perfect for Madrid, especially now that they're struggling a bit. So, I think he's the perfect guy to gather the team and build something great. I believe it's very positive, and personally, I have a very good relationship with him.

How do you think this affects your chances at Real Madrid?

– It's hard to tell. I don't think it matters much who's there, it's difficult either way, but personally I think it's positive, for he knows me. This allows me to get his point of view sooner, and so you can start working towards the best solution early on.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Tue 19 Mar - 18:17:03

Even without context, I read it as a joke

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 19 Mar - 18:19:43

So did I, but I only read the article on Goal.com, which was probably a blatant copy of someone else's article, as per usual.

I've watched the entire interview in Norwegian now. Apparently, he didn't make that joke, at all Laughing Some journalist added it to his article. Martin didn't mind it at first, since it looked like a fun addition to an otherwise, relatively bland interview. But then, he was informed that certain media outlets had angled it so that it made it sound as if Zidane somehow had hurt his confidence, or "twisted it into a negative thing" as he put it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue 19 Mar - 23:10:19

Nivash wrote:Even without context, I read it as a joke

Me too. Saw it as more of a compliment to Zidane than anything since he was saying Zidane is still amazing with the ball.

Go figure he didn't even say it or say that exact line.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 20 Mar - 2:37:00

Was there really outrage about that comment, or just one pleb on Facebook?

A lot of the appeal about coaching like Zidane and Laudrup is watching them now at 50 etc. still having better technique than anyone on the team.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 20 Mar - 2:41:18

Freeza wrote:Was there really outrage about that comment, or just one pleb on Facebook?

A lot of the appeal about coaching like Zidane and Laudrup is watching them now at 50 etc. still having better technique than anyone on the team.

Also getting really tired of newspapers making this sort of controversy generating clickbait. It's tiresome.

It's especially bad in sports and entertainment "news"
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next