McLewis
rwo power
sportsczy
51 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 34 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Btw Sanders claimed in the last debate to be "100% for Israel in the long term", does that sound neutral to you guys?

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:11 pm

US Presidential Race - Page 34 BqdqPsP
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Here is a handy little map of how every neighborhood in NYC voted:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/04/19/us/elections/new-york-city-democratic-primary-results.html?_r=0#11/40.6916/-74.0884

Look at the Asian vote.  Not even just China town, but Elmhurst which has the younger voters.

Asians are #WithHer
US Presidential Race - Page 34 BANNER-PHOTO

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:11 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
1. Jewish-Americans are incredibly successful (very true)

Jewish Americans being successful means they are able to effectively campaign for Israel, which is why it is so popular. In America a group of people is judged by the diaspora on show, and Jewish Americans have campaigned tirelessly, while supporting the democratic party, for Israel which leads to:

. We have quite a bit of jewish influence in American culture (yeah, what does hollywood have to do with Israel-Palestine?)

The people creating our culture, for the most part, play an important part in shaping public opinion towards the Israeli state, and even more so when you realize that Jewish people are not only all over Hollywood, but music. I mean you can barely go past a page in the great American songbook without seeing a Jewish American songwriter or performer. We are intrinsically tied together by culture these days. Which leads to 3:

If I read that last part correctly, Palestine should be thankful for not being destroyed by Israel right away, and if Israel wanted to they could wipe them off the face of the earth

Not be thankful, but be aware of the situation that they are in, which is helped by the fact that we hold Israel back due to our relationship with them. This only exists because we have a good relationship with them. We hold them back, and there is some resentment there(as seen by Netanyahu shunning obama) on their part. The truth of the matter is if Israel decided tomorrow that they wanted to do whatever they want there is only one nation on Earth that could stop them, and we hold that place because of our historic link to them. The entire world has an invested interest in us holding a decent position next to Israel.

You're explaining why public opinion in the US has been historically pro-Israel. That doesn't explain why a supposedly progressive candidate won't even condemn the killing of 1500 civilians. It also doesn't explain why no President in recent memory has done anything to stop Israel's constant invasions and killings of Palestinians.

Most importantly, it doesn't explain why you personally are morally comfortable supporting a candidate who sees killing 1,500 civilians as justified.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:39 am

Cruijf wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
1. Jewish-Americans are incredibly successful (very true)

Jewish Americans being successful means they are able to effectively campaign for Israel, which is why it is so popular. In America a group of people is judged by the diaspora on show, and Jewish Americans have campaigned tirelessly, while supporting the democratic party, for Israel which leads to:

. We have quite a bit of jewish influence in American culture (yeah, what does hollywood have to do with Israel-Palestine?)

The people creating our culture, for the most part, play an important part in shaping public opinion towards the Israeli state, and even more so when you realize that Jewish people are not only all over Hollywood, but music. I mean you can barely go past a page in the great American songbook without seeing a Jewish American songwriter or performer. We are intrinsically tied together by culture these days. Which leads to 3:

If I read that last part correctly, Palestine should be thankful for not being destroyed by Israel right away, and if Israel wanted to they could wipe them off the face of the earth

Not be thankful, but be aware of the situation that they are in, which is helped by the fact that we hold Israel back due to our relationship with them. This only exists because we have a good relationship with them. We hold them back, and there is some resentment there(as seen by Netanyahu shunning obama) on their part. The truth of the matter is if Israel decided tomorrow that they wanted to do whatever they want there is only one nation on Earth that could stop them, and we hold that place because of our historic link to them. The entire world has an invested interest in us holding a decent position next to Israel.

You're explaining why public opinion in the US has been historically pro-Israel. That doesn't explain why a supposedly progressive candidate won't even condemn the killing of 1500 civilians. It also doesn't explain why no President in recent memory has done anything to stop Israel's constant invasions and killings of Palestinians.

Most importantly, it doesn't explain why you personally are morally comfortable supporting a candidate who sees killing 1,500 civilians as justified.

As a kid I watched president clinton and Madeleine Albright go grey at Camp David forcing Israel to offer Arafat something like the vast majority of the west bank, and all of Gaza as a new state just for Arafat to leave the table and refuse. That was the last Democrat president before Obama putting in work to stop this. The democrat party has been working for peace there since at least LBJ, and they will continue to do so under Hillary. I can feel comfortable supporting hillary because we all know what we will get from her now, and her cabinet. As shown with peace talks in 2012 she will go for peace. Does she have superhero tendencies? Yes, and she will often get it wrong, but that is what makes Hillary who she is. She is a gung ho about things she believes in, and she's movable.

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:49 am

Dude. You are so off the rails on some issues it is unbelievable. Do some research on Israel-Palestine and stop being disrespectful.

I'm not gonna bother responding to that wall of text, because it is clear you don't understand that killing kids and women=/= our economic interests with Israel. I don't understand why you are bringing up cultural influences and things that have nothing to do with the issue at hand, you still didn't answer this question; is it okay for Palestinians to be tortured in their own homeland?

Two completely different issues. Funny how for someone who is far left, you take such a right winger approach to the situation Laughing Your buddy Hillary and everyone in that corrupt congress serve israels interests to the max, and citing isolated events to prove a point is pretty pathetic

People never learn. Your Asian American for godsakes, and you don't remember the persecution your people went through in the USA? but you know, its cool because they're arabs, *bleep* them
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:08 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Dude. You are so off the rails on some issues it is unbelievable. Do some research on Israel-Palestine and stop being disrespectful.

I'm not gonna bother responding to that wall of text, because it is clear you don't understand that killing kids and women=/= our economic interests with Israel. I don't understand why you are bringing up cultural influences and things that have nothing to do with the issue at hand, you still didn't answer this question; is it okay for Palestinians to be tortured in their own homeland?

Two completely different issues. Funny how for someone who is far left, you take such a right winger approach to the situation Laughing Your buddy Hillary and everyone in that corrupt congress serve israels interests to the max, and citing isolated events to prove a point is pretty pathetic

People never learn. Your Asian American for godsakes, and you don't remember the persecution your people went through in the USA? but you know, its cool because they're arabs, *bleep* them

Did anything I say was wrong though? Democrats are on the right side of History. Clinton and Albright forced Israel to treat the palestinians with respect, and give them a fair deal in 2000 and Arafat refused and couldnt even give us a reason why. Then it makes the democrats look bad when the troubles continue. You can't compare our side with that of the likes of the evangelicals on the right.  You think a president Cruz would have worked that hard? Any of those puppets on the republican side?

If we are being honest, if foreign policy is your big issue, then come November your only true choice is Hillary. Thumbs up Thumbs up

As for me being Asian American, I even mentioned it in this thread about how the Darling that so many Bernie Bros want Sanders to be, FDR, royally screwed my family for generations, but even here you see how it is. FDR was good for a certain group, so its perfectly fine to speak of him in rosy ways. Same way Israel is "Good for some" and rosily spoken about by our politicians. The end of the matter is there is one side who will at least attempt to hold them to a standard. Its the side Hillary is on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:57 am

You can't help someone who drinks Clinton's kool aid, in the eye of a diehard Clinton supporter she can't do anything wrong. but people who aren't so far up into Hillary's ass, they can see her faults too.

Personally think Hillary is ok on social and economic issues but her foreign policy is disturbing, her overzealous support for Natanyahu and Israel. getting rid of Gaddafi and failing to provide support to Libya after it. wanting to establish a now-fly zone over Syria which is downright dangerous and wouldn't actually solve any problems, because the terrorists are down there not in the sky.

And i can never get behind someone who believes Henry Kissinger is a good adviser. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:10 pm

Pedram wrote:You can't help someone who drinks Clinton's kool aid, in the eye of a diehard Clinton supporter she can't do anything wrong. but people who aren't so far up into Hillary's ass, they can see her faults too.

Personally think Hillary is ok on social and economic issues but her foreign policy is disturbing, her overzealous support for Natanyahu and Israel. getting rid of Gaddafi and failing to provide support to Libya after it. wanting to establish a now-fly zone over Syria which is downright dangerous and wouldn't actually solve any problems, because the terrorists are down there not in the sky.

And i can never get behind someone who believes Henry Kissinger is a good adviser. Laughing

I 100% agree with you on Libya, but from what I understand of the situation was that it was a UK/French led operation until they figured out they didnt have the materials capable of handling the situation on their own effectively. As our allies in helping us fight the Taliban and later Iraq we had to start the campaign for them in Libya as allies. I wasn't for removing gadaffi, but this was more of us being committed to nations which helped us in the recent past.

Also I am not a big fan of Hillary's foreign policy, I just think its the best we have to realistically choose for president this year. A republican foreign policy again would give us another hell of Bush, and Sanders would be impotent.

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:00 pm

Idk dude, I agree on a LOT of what you say usually but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on the middle east situation
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:24 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Idk dude, I agree on a LOT of what you say usually but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on the middle east situation

I feel you.

I mean, its only natural for us to have a different perspective on hat issue, and we probably approach it from different angles with you having direct family from, or at least near, the region. We agree far more than we disagree though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:00 am

How is it even possible to have Hillary Clinton fanboys? She's like the most boring person imaginable, and her social media team's attempts to make her look interesting and/or hip are cringe-worthy.

Also, what's a Bernie bro? From what I've seen (personal experience not polls/primary results), Bernie has as much if not more support from women.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:16 am

El Messico wrote:How is it even possible to have Hillary Clinton fanboys? She's like the most boring person imaginable, and her social media team's attempts to make her look interesting and/or hip are cringe-worthy.

Also, what's a Bernie bro? From what I've seen (personal experience not polls/primary results), Bernie has as much if not more support from women.

Maybe because she is one of the most intelligent, successful women in American history?

I mean this lady went to the best law school in the nation, became the first female partner at the law firm she worked for, went undercover to crap on segregated schools getting federal funding under the Nixon administration, was embarrassed on a nation scale where many people(including my own parents at the time) thought she would run off and hide in shame after her husband shamed her in front of the world to not only come back making millions, but became a Senator, Secretary of State, and has received the most votes of anybody this primary campaign. She has not only shattered glass ceilings all of her life, but absolutely crushed them. She is pretty much the most exciting awe-inspiring candidate in this campaign.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:18 am

Reading that felt like listening to a paean to Elizabeth Báthory, like a punch right in the gut No

Seriously, as if anyone isn't able to picture Mrs Rodham as a sadistic 16th century countess. Different time, different place, that's all. drinking

Sidenote: It's good to know the successes of the born privileged are highly appreciated when it's suitable Laughing
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:49 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:Reading that felt like listening to a paean to Elizabeth Báthory, like a punch right in the gut No

Seriously, as if anyone isn't able to picture Mrs Rodham as a sadistic 16th century countess. Different time, different place, that's all. drinking

Sidenote: It's good to know the successes of the born privileged are highly appreciated when it's suitable Laughing

Is the ambition she showed not the living embodiment of the American dream? What makes us who we are as a country?

I mean she could have easily been Bill's trophy, and done nothing else. She was married to a rhodes scholar prodigy who was always going to be something huge. The fact that her ambition pushed her to break down gender barriers, and make something of herself on her own is pretty inspiring man Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:42 am

GOP establishment is shifting toward supporting Hillary after Cruz failed to bring down Trump. you know how bad it is when a Libertarian Republican is supporting a so-called liberal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/charles-koch-hillary-clinton-republican-white-house-222349

Make sense though, Hillary is the only viable candidate who will maintain status quo. i bet she'll be a good puppet for the big money.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:39 pm

Pedram wrote:GOP establishment is shifting toward supporting Hillary after Cruz failed to bring down Trump. you know how bad it is when a Libertarian Republican is supporting a so-called liberal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/charles-koch-hillary-clinton-republican-white-house-222349

Make sense though, Hillary is the only viable candidate who will maintain status quo. i bet she'll be a good puppet for the big money.

She is about to sweep today Ped..

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:54 pm

I mean he's said it all hasn't he?

Don't really know if her actions will follow her rhetoric
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:50 am

Sanders should concede tomorrow. Stop this madness.

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:49 am

He should but he won't.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:55 am

I haven't really kept up on the Hillary investigation stuff because I can't be bothered. Is there a chance she's found guilty of anything, still?

I figure that would be the only reason he stays in tbh. Unless he's doing it to be a douche to Hillary, which I'm half ok with.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Why on earth should he concede when the largest states like California which has 10, 20 times the number of delegates of many states has not voted.

We have PR, Oregon, California, New Mexico, Indiana, West Virginia, Kentucky, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, etc have left to vote & Sanders will mean a large share of those states.

Clinton is nowhere close to mathematically win the nomination as of now though practically it is impossible for Sanders to come on.

Clinton was also in a similar position (less behind okay) but Obama had many states where he will sweep in 08 - She hung on despite calls to quit.

Sanders has done extremely well among every constituent bar very old votes above 65/70 & Blacks who went for the name recognition & voted as a bloc.

Sanders essentially has a firm grip over the young & middle aged voters - Not only is the future of the Dem party is in his hands, the future of the country will be shaped by him in the years to come. He has crossed 80% of the Under 30 votes in most states - More Young votes than Clinton & Trump combined!

Guy is running an iconic & legendary campaign.

Besides Clinton has a huge chance of dropping out due to the FBI thing so you may have Biden anyways if not Sanders

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:27 pm

A pro-Hillary Clinton super PAC proudly announced that it will spend $1 million to dig into Facebook, Reddit, Instagram and Twitter to start setting people straight about Hillary Clinton.

The project is called Barrier Breakers, and the money will fund a task force to "push back against attackers" and support those who support Clinton.

"Lessons learned from online engagement with 'Bernie Bros' during the Democratic primary will be applied to the rest of the primary season and general election — responding quickly and forcefully to negative attacks and false narratives," Correct the Record wrote on its site.

Outrage on social media
The response to the PAC has been equally fervent from Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump supporters alike, along with those concerned about internet freedom.

Each interest group has its own unique form of expressing disdain, and some are clearly more constructive than others. Sanders fans on Reddit supported a Twitter campaign called #CorrectThis that trolled the PAC with messages like "@HillaryClinton is a career criminal."

It's unclear what Correct the Record's online engagement will look like: who these paid supporters are, how many there will be or what kind of messages they're spreading. But some already think they have a pretty good idea.

"For months know we've already been the target of this kind of misinformation and attacks," the moderators of the Sanders subreddit /r/SandersForPresident wrote on Thursday, saying the concept of the "BernieBro" is the result of fake accounts created to "establish a narrative that Bernie's supporters are all racist, sexist young males who harass people online."

Whether or not the Sanders crowd is onto something, this is the kind of toxic paranoia engendered by knowing that some among us have a paid agenda when talking politics online. In Russia, these troll armies are a cottage industry. In America, we were apparently foolish to think our campaigns were beyond those tactics.

http://www.businessinsider.com/clinton-pac-spends-1-million-to-correct-people-online-2016-4?IR=T

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Some of the biggest pro-Bernie Sanders groups on Facebook were briefly taken down Monday evening in a targeted attack by Hillary Clinton supporters.
The groups Bernie Sanders Activists, Bernie Believers, BERNIE OR BUST, Bernie Sanders Revolutionaries, Bay Area for Bernie, Bernie Sanders 2016 — Ideas Welcome, Bernie Sanders is my HERO, and Bernie Sanders for President 2016 were all taken down in the attack. The pages in question were reported to be down for about three hours, from 9 p.m. to midnight Monday night.
Collectively, these groups are home to more than a quarter million Bernie Sanders supporters, and some have been in existence for nearly a year, having been launched shortly after the Vermont senator declared his intent to run for president in 2015.
The groups were targeted by online trolls, who posted pornographic images and reported the groups to Facebook admins. Some legitimate Bernie supporters even reported seeing images containing pedophilia, according to reporting from Heavy.com.
Erica Libenow, a Sanders supporter and member of one of the pro-Bernie groups, said, “We had what looked like a kiddie porn posted in one of our groups today. I reported that one. Seriously made me want to vomit.”
There is at least one culprit to be found in Facebook user Casey Champagne, who bragged about taking down the pages in the pro-Hillary Clinton group BROS 4 HILLARY – #GiveEmHill — the pro-Clinton page was briefly taken down, but was restored on Tuesday.

Other Hillary Clinton fans were cheering on Champagne’s trolling, encouraging him to try to take down Bernie Sanders’ official Facebook page. Another Facebook user openly admitted that her husband frequently reported pro-Sanders posts on Facebook in hopes that they would be taken down, saying his success rate was “about 50/50 on a good day.”
Facebook user Robert Olivarez told Champagne, “You know they all can see this post?” Champagne cavalierly responded, “You know I don’t care?”
http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-facebook-groups-trolled/

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Here is a handy little map of how every neighborhood in NYC voted:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/04/19/us/elections/new-york-city-democratic-primary-results.html?_r=0#11/40.6916/-74.0884

Look at the Asian vote.  Not even just China town, but Elmhurst which has the younger voters.

Asians are #WithHer
US Presidential Race - Page 34 BANNER-PHOTO

What you are doing is wrong - Sanders is sweeping the Asian vote in most states - You and selecting NY City - The hub of Dem establishment & the uber wealthy which Clinton swept. Sanders won almost the entire state of NY but lost as he lost NY City.

So you are taking figures from a Clinton sweep & mis-interpreting it -

NYC figure according to your data -

Sanders Black Vote - 30.3%
Sanders Hispanic Vote - 35.1%
Sanders White Vote - 39.2%
Sanders Asian Vote - 42.2%

Sanders won the White Vote in NY & was very close in the Hispanic vote. So this is NY City which Clinton swept where Sanders' best performance was the Asian vote over the White Vote.

If you count upstate, it will be a solid win among the Asian vote for Sanders - This is not even a debate - We have 100's of people in every Asian country phonebanking for Sanders - People even flying in to their relatives homes canvassing for Sanders!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next