McLewis
rwo power
sportsczy
51 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 35 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by footyfan01 Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Here is a handy little map of how every neighborhood in NYC voted:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/04/19/us/elections/new-york-city-democratic-primary-results.html?_r=0#11/40.6916/-74.0884

Look at the Asian vote.  Not even just China town, but Elmhurst which has the younger voters.

Asians are #WithHer
US Presidential Race - Page 35 BANNER-PHOTO

What you are doing is wrong - Sanders is sweeping the Asian vote in most states - You and selecting NY City - The hub of Dem establishment & the uber wealthy which Clinton swept. Sanders won almost the entire state of NY but lost as he lost NY City.

So you are taking figures from a Clinton sweep & mis-interpreting it -

NYC figure according to your data -

Sanders Black Vote - 30.3%
Sanders Hispanic Vote - 35.1%
Sanders White Vote - 39.2%
Sanders Asian Vote - 42.2%

Sanders won the White Vote in NY & was very close in the Hispanic vote. So this is NY City which Clinton swept where Sanders' best performance was the Asian vote over the White Vote.

If you count upstate, it will be a solid win among the Asian vote for Sanders - This is not even a debate - We have 100's of people in every Asian country phonebanking for Sanders - People even flying in to their relatives homes canvassing for Sanders!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:26 pm

footyfan01 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:Here is a handy little map of how every neighborhood in NYC voted:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/04/19/us/elections/new-york-city-democratic-primary-results.html?_r=0#11/40.6916/-74.0884

Look at the Asian vote.  Not even just China town, but Elmhurst which has the younger voters.

Asians are #WithHer
US Presidential Race - Page 35 BANNER-PHOTO

What you are doing is wrong - Sanders is sweeping the Asian vote in most states - You and selecting NY City - The hub of Dem establishment & the uber wealthy which Clinton swept. Sanders won almost the entire state of NY but lost as he lost NY City.

So you are taking figures from a Clinton sweep & mis-interpreting it -

NYC figure according to your data -

Sanders Black Vote - 30.3%
Sanders Hispanic Vote - 35.1%
Sanders White Vote - 39.2%
Sanders Asian Vote - 42.2%

Sanders won the White Vote in NY & was very close in the Hispanic vote. So this is NY City which Clinton swept where Sanders' best performance was the Asian vote over the White Vote.

If you count upstate, it will be a solid win among the Asian vote for Sanders - This is not even a debate - We have 100's of people in every Asian country phonebanking for Sanders - People even flying in to their relatives homes canvassing for Sanders!

I admire your enthusiasm, but him staying in is simply hurting the party.

He needs to get behind her ASAP to start going after Trump.

The neighborhoods shows the Asian community. They showed elhurst park,historic china town, and flat brush. Asians are clearly going for her, and she will remember the support we gave her.

He can't catch her, and staying in just in case she gets indicted by the FBI, which she won't, is almost as disgusting as Hillary staying in and bringing up Robert Kennedy being assassinated as a reason in 2008. There is a time to go with dignity, to maintain party unity don't you think? Sanders has made his point, and Hillary will give his views some concessions in the future. Obviously the country has got back into shape from 2008, where us youth used our protest vote to make change. Hillary will continue our revolution. Join the winning team footyfan Smile

Tawainese Animators also went in after these past few states:

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:40 pm

So either Trump or Clinton will be president of this country...

That's just depressing.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:51 am

Feel the Bern? There's a Cure.:

funny
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:22 am

DuringTheWar wrote:
Feel the Bern? There's a Cure.:

funny

saw this comment posted

"It's cute when the 99% defend the 1%. Peasants serving their masters."

That actually made me laugh
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:12 pm

M99 wrote:So either Trump or Clinton will be president of this country...

That's just depressing.

Have the past 8 years been depressing?

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Prime Obama >>>>>>> Hillary and Trump
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Considering we had 8 years of Bush and now at least 4 of either Hillary or Trump that will make Obama the best president of the past 20 years by 2020 hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Considering we had 8 years of Bush and now at least 4 of either Hillary or Trump that will make Obama the best president of the past 20 years by 2020 hmm

Obama is easily top 2-3 president out of them all though.

His only true competition are either:

1.Lincoln-Saved the union/Freed the slaves
2.Truman-Solidified our nation as a world power and created the fair deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:10 pm

Simply because I already know your response if I were to say FDR I'll change to this: Washington?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:34 pm

CBarca wrote:Simply because I already know your response if I were to say FDR I'll change to this: Washington?

Washington was a good President, but I can't put a slaver next to Truman and Lincoln lol.

He'd be my pick after Obama.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:29 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Considering we had 8 years of Bush and now at least 4 of either Hillary or Trump that will make Obama the best president of the past 20 years by 2020 hmm

Please, is he even better than Clinton I?

I like Obama as a guy, but I think even he would agree that he has achieved far less than he imagined he would 8 years ago
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Please, is he even better than Clinton I?

I like Obama as a guy, but I think even he would agree that he has achieved far less than he imagined he would 8 years ago

Healthcare
Started to pull us out of the worst economic crisis since the depression.
Iran Nuclear deal
Ended the Afghan/Iraq wars.
Opened up Cuba

Dude has crapped on Bill, and this is coming from a guy who loved the Bill times. He just inherited less problems than Obama did.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:43 am

I like Obama as well but crediting him with opening up Cuba is too shallow. He was just president at the right time in that case. That came to be because Fidel retired and has been dying for a while and Raul has been slowly transitioning Cuba out of their mess.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:05 pm

rincon wrote:I like Obama as well but crediting him with opening up Cuba is too shallow. He was just president at the right time in that case. That came to be because Fidel retired and has been dying for a while and Raul has been slowly transitioning Cuba out of their mess.

Fidel had relinquished power to his brother as wary as 2005, and was officially out in early 2008. Bush had ample time to open them up on his way out, but he lacked the leadership to do so. Hell, you could even say Clinton blew a chance of opening them up when the Elian Gonzalez thing was going on. Obama had the will, and political capital, to pull it off. Whether or not it was just based on time, it was GOAT-level presidential leadership. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:18 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
rincon wrote:I like Obama as well but crediting him with opening up Cuba is too shallow. He was just president at the right time in that case. That came to be because Fidel retired and has been dying for a while and Raul has been slowly transitioning Cuba out of their mess.

Fidel had relinquished power to his brother as wary as 2005, and was officially out in early 2008. Bush had ample time to open them up on his way out, but he lacked the leadership to do so. Hell, you could even say Clinton blew a chance of opening them up when the Elian Gonzalez thing was going on. Obama had the will, and political capital, to pull it off. Whether or not it was just based on time, it was GOAT-level presidential leadership. Smile

Raul has been number 1 one for a while but he didn't, and isn't, sharply changing Cuba. It was a process to be started with or without input from the US. Internal policies have been relaxing for some time and will continue to do so. Cuba won't be "open" with Obama still in power, it will take time and it will be done with a different president (Hillary, Trump, etc.) simply because of the timeframe.

Obama had the good will to accept and take part in some changes, but these transitions were due to changes in Cuba and Latin America, not really Obama's work.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:02 pm

rincon wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Raul has been number 1 one for a while but he didn't, and isn't, sharply changing Cuba. It was a process to be started with or without input from the US. Internal policies have been relaxing for some time and will continue to do so. Cuba won't be "open" with Obama still in power, it will take time and it will be done with a different president (Hillary, Trump, etc.) simply because of the timeframe.

Obama had the good will to accept and take part in some changes, but these transitions were due to changes in Cuba and Latin America, not really Obama's work.

Its impossible to think the process of a poor country <100 miles from our shores isn't influenced by us to be fair though.

He's the first president to go there since who? Coolidge? Definite work put in by Obama. People there are going to have better lives do to Obama making this show, and the same thing was true for Nixon opening up China. Was China always going to be a world power with us? Yes, but it took leadership to make the first move on our part.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:12 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
CBarca wrote:Simply because I already know your response if I were to say FDR I'll change to this: Washington?

Washington was a good President, but I can't put a slaver next to Truman and Lincoln lol.

If you take a morally absolutist approach to history, there may come a point at which Obama is condemned as America's most notorious infanticidal president.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/why-obama-is-silent-on-killed-babies/
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:33 pm

wat
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Obama over Washington. Actually dying right now rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:57 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:wat

Clink on the link. Nat hentoff, a liberal "legend". It's safe, you can read it.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:

You really cannot accurately rate a president until a while after they leave office. Like lets say in the near future a republican wins and repeals obamacare. That absolutely trashes his legacy. FDR is so high up there because of how his legislation changed the country and were in place over several several decades, and still are (many of them)

Another example Bill Clinton would be a lot higher on the list of best presidents in my opinion if Gore had won in 2000. The economic growth, balanced budget, pretty much most of his high marks completely went to shit because of Bush. I know the whole florida situation and the supreme court, but Bills sex scandal platooned the partys image and allowed it to get close next time.

We can't really judge Obama on anything yet. I think Bill was a better in a lot of ways than Obama, but Obama will instantly be ahead of him if democrats retain the white house
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

If you take a morally absolutist approach to history, there may come a point at which Obama is condemned as America's most notorious infanticidal president.

Thing is, even during washington's days owning slaves was considered by large segments of the population as tacky. That is why he freed them upon his death. This was nearly the 19th century, not the 17th.

Abortion is a right we have gave women over here. Public support is behind that, and rightfully so. It played a big part in crime rates here going down.

CBarca wrote:Obama over Washington. Actually dying right now rofl

Lol just right now. Laughing

VendettaRed07 wrote:

Betty La Fea wrote:

You really cannot accurately rate a president until a while after they leave office. Like lets say in the near future a republican wins and repeals obamacare. That absolutely trashes his legacy. FDR is so high up there because of how his legislation changed the country and were in place over several several decades, and still are (many of them)

Another example Bill Clinton would be a lot higher on the list of best presidents in my opinion if Gore had won in 2000. The economic growth, balanced budget, pretty much most of his high marks completely went to shit because of Bush. I know the whole florida situation and the supreme court, but Bills sex scandal platooned the partys image and allowed it to get close next time.

We can't really judge Obama on anything yet. I think Bill was a better in a lot of ways than Obama, but Obama will instantly be ahead of him if democrats retain the white house

This is very true. Obama benefits from the republican party imploding though. We are guaranteed a democrat being elected again this year simply because the tea party have hijacked the party to where all moderates are turned off.

We will have to see where history leaves him.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:03 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Thing is, even during washington's days owning slaves was considered by large segments of the population as tacky. That is why he freed them upon his death. This was nearly the 19th century, not the 17th.

Abortion is a right we have gave women over here. Public support is behind that, and rightfully so. It played a big part in crime rates here going down.

VendettaRed07 wrote:

Betty La Fea wrote:

This is very true. Obama benefits from the republican party imploding though. We are guaranteed a democrat being elected again this year simply because the tea party have hijacked the party to where all moderates are turned off.

Disposing of a newborn to die is considered by large segments of the population as tacky. On poll data only 50% of 50% of Americans are in favour of "legal under any circumstance" abortion (25%). Far cry from Obama.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:12 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:

VendettaRed07 wrote:

Disposing of a newborn to die is considered by large segments of the population as tacky. On poll data only 50% of 50% of Americans are in favour of "legal under any circumstance" abortion (25%). Far cry from Obama.

Depends on the poll data shown. I live in the deep religious south, and most people I come into contact with while not liking abortion, view it as a necessary evil.

The country is too big to get a very specific view point like that. Its nothing like 18th/19th century small America where only a select few of the southern elite viewed slavery favorable.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 01, 2016 10:59 am

Betty La Fea wrote:Healthcare
Started to pull us out of the worst economic crisis since the depression.
Iran Nuclear deal
Ended the Afghan/Iraq wars.
Opened up Cuba

Healthcare: Ok, but he chose a faulty system when he had majority in both chambers, and had no reason to negotiate down.

Economy: 8 years later the economy still lags, abandoned stimulus after 2009 (even with ridiculously lagging infrastructure, this was really a missed chance), failed to pressure the Fed into doing more to reach its targets.

Iran Nuclear: good deal

Ended wars: ...and left Iraq ripe for ISIS to step into that vacuum of power. We are sure better off this way.

Opened up Cuba: Right now he only re-established communications, the real achievement would be ending the embargo.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next