iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. West Ham United - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. West Ham United

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:50 pm

Not a bad first half, but not good, either. I think the problem of playing Sterling as striker is showing in this came. He's having to play with his back to goal at the edge of the box far too much and he's not that kind of a player. We don't have enough going on in front of their goal. West Ham are defending smartly so far.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:55 pm

STURRIDGE :bow:

GTFI LADS WE ARE IN FOR A HELL OF RIDE IN THE SECOND HALF of the season :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:56 pm

Clean-sheetPool

if it wasn't for that second half collapse vs. Leicester, we'd be on a 6 game winning run in the league now Laughing ....4 clean sheets in last 6 games as well smoking

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:57 pm

Sturridge is back, Hopefully he stays fit. Upto 7th now, I guess its time to bring that "Next 6 games thread". Make or break month.

Man of the match would be Sakho. Henderson was spectacular and Lucas was rigid and gritty. Mignolet was great too.

Markovic isnt helping my opinion at all.

Huge 3 points. YNWA
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Sturridge!!!! drinking banana drinking banana cheers cheers
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:03 pm

Hank don't you dare bring up the 6 game threads again. Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:16 pm

Markovic isnt helping my opinion at all.
Yeah, him and Lallana have gone off the boil recently. Hope it's just temporary.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:29 pm

Anyone else thinks we should groom Ibe to become a striker ?

Physically, he's very close to Sturridge and I think he should be groomed to become a Sturridge-esuqe player as opposed to Sterling-esque.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:08 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Anyone else thinks we should groom Ibe to become a striker ?

Physically, he's very close to Sturridge and I think he should be groomed to become a Sturridge-esuqe player as opposed to Sterling-esque.

I said that a long time ago, that we should make Ibe the next Sturridge :coffee:

Talking about the man, Deadly Dan showed straight away what we've been missing. A half-chance turned into a good goal.

I'm so happy I'll actually do player ratings for this one...

Mignolet 9/10
Dealt with everything, wasn't tested to the limit.

Can 8/10
A moment or two of uncertainty, but overall good.

Skrtel 8/10
Pretty much a flawless display without being tested too much.

Sakho 10/10
Won a lot aerial duels and was beasting it throughout the game, my MOTM.

Markovic 7/10
A bad miss and didn't have that much influence considering we had over 60% possession and that's when you'd expect your wing-backs to do all sorts of stuff.

Moreno 5/10
Had an off game, numerous misplaced passes, lack of sharpness and got beaten once or twice pretty bad on his flank when defending.

Lucas 7/10
Gave away another one of Lucas trademark dangerous free-kicks when tackling clumsily (his tackle on Valencia at the edge of the box) and didn't contribute much. I can't help thinking we should have someone better playing CM.

Henderson 8/10
Showed glimpses of his distribution in this game. People are talking about replacing Gerrard, but I'll tell you what, Henderson does everything that a 30+ years-old Gerrard does and more. And a 25-year-old Gerrard cannot be replaced like-for-like.

Lallana 6/10
Did his job, but was a bit underwhelming (especially when you consider he was our marquee signing in the summer).

Coutinho 9/10
What a player he is, assisted both of our goals and is just so good on the ball and with his football intelligence.

Sterling 8/10
Took his goal really well and maybe I should give him a nine, but I thought it showed today that he's not a natural center-forward. Before we went a goal up West Ham looked too comfortable defending against us and it was partly to do with Sterling not causing the kind of problems a center-forward should.

Sturridge :bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Anyone else thinks we should groom Ibe to become a striker ?

I said that a long time ago, that we should make Ibe the next Sturridge :coffee:

Talking about the man, Deadly Dan showed straight away what we've been missing. A half-chance turned into a good goal.

Mignolet 9/10
Dealt with everything, wasn't tested to the limit.

Can 8/10
A moment or two of uncertainty, but overall good.

Skrtel 8/10
Pretty much a flawless display without being tested too much.

Sakho 10/10
Won a lot aerial duels and was beasting it throughout the game, my MOTM.

Markovic 7/10
A bad miss and didn't have that much influence considering we had over 60% possession and that's when you'd expect your wing-backs to do all sorts of stuff.

Moreno 5/10
Had an off game, numerous misplaced passes, lack of sharpness and got beaten once or twice pretty bad on his flank when defending.

Lucas 7/10
Gave away another one of Lucas trademark dangerous free-kicks when tackling clumsily (his tackle on Valencia at the edge of the box) and didn't contribute much. I can't help thinking we should have someone better playing CM.

Henderson 8/10
Showed glimpses of his distribution in this game. People are talking about replacing Gerrard, but I'll tell you what, Henderson does everything that a 30+ years-old Gerrard does and more. And a 25-year-old Gerrard cannot be replaced like-for-like.

Lallana 6/10
Did his job, but was a bit underwhelming (especially when you consider he was our marquee signing in the summer).

Coutinho 9/10
What a player he is, assisted both of our goals and is just so good on the ball and with his football intelligence.

Sterling 8/10
Took his goal really well and maybe I should give him a nine, but I thought it showed today that he's not a natural center-forward. Before we went a goal up West Ham looked too comfortable defending against us and it was partly to do with Sterling not causing the kind of problems a center-forward should.

deadly is what deadly does. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:09 pm

Mignolet 9/10: Dealt with everything, wasn't tested much TBH.

Can 7/10: A moment or two of uncertainty, but I have grown to expect more from him.

Skrtel 8/10: Pretty much a flawless display without being tested too much.

Sakho 10/10: Won a lot aerial duels and was beasting it throughout the game, my MOTM.

Markovic 6/10: A bad miss and didn't have that much influence considering we had over 60% possession and that's when you'd expect your wing-backs to do all sorts of stuff.

Moreno 5/10: Really meh show from him.

Lucas 6/10: Gave away another one of Lucas trademark dangerous free-kicks when tackling clumsily (his tackle on Valencia at the edge of the box) and didn't contribute much. I can't help thinking we should have someone better playing CM.

Henderson 8/10: Showed glimpses of his distribution in this game. People are talking about replacing Gerrard, but I'll tell you what, Henderson does everything that a 30+ years-old Gerrard does and more. And a 25-year-old Gerrard cannot be replaced like-for-like.

Lallana 6/10: Really disappointed considering how highly I rate him.

Coutinho 9/10: What a player he is, assisted both of our goals and is just so good on the ball and with his football intelligence.

Sterling 8/10: Took his goal really well and maybe I should give him a nine, but I thought it showed today that he's not a natural center-forward. Before we went a goal up West Ham looked too comfortable defending against us and it was partly to do with Sterling not causing the kind of problems a center-forward should.

iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:35 pm

While both Sterling & Coutinho did well today, I think they both tend to be very wasteful in the final third.

Both try to take on too many defenders often losing possession; though Cou is usually more successful.

We create a decent number of chances but tend to make too many wrong decisions up front. Here's hoping Sturridge's arrival and 'natural striker movement' helps in finishing more of the chances.

Lucas was great, IMO. Henderson is good, but he needs to believe in his abilities some more. Tends make too many unnecessary passes.

Lallana is very hot and cold. More cold than hot. I don't think this formation plays to his abilities.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:47 pm

poolsupporter wrote:While both Sterling & Coutinho did well today, I think they both tend to be very wasteful in the final third.

Both try to take on too many defenders often losing possession; though Cou is usually more successful.

We create a decent number of chances but tend to make too many wrong decisions up front. Here's hoping Sturridge's arrival and 'natural striker movement' helps in finishing more of the chances.

Lucas was great, IMO. Henderson is good, but he needs to believe in his abilities some more. Tends make too many unnecessary passes.

Lallana is very hot and cold. More cold than hot. I don't think this formation plays to his abilities.

I think with a run of games. sterling sturridge and coutinho will be deadly.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:28 am

MR BOND wrote:

I think Sturridge will prove to be a good outlet for the two of them. We need a better finishing coach tbh. Both Sterling and Coutinho are terrible finishers.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:51 am

poolsupporter wrote:
MR BOND wrote:

I think Sturridge will prove to be a good outlet for the two of them. We need a better finishing coach tbh. Both Sterling and Coutinho are terrible finishers.
one is 20. the other 22. if thay get on a run of goals thay will pick up big time imo. at the moment we have two 20yo. and one 22yo with goal scoring expectations resting on them. trust me. the goals from them will come.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:06 am

*bleep* get in, were playing so much better, credit to Rodgers, we got a massive run of games, If Rodgers can get some good results even RA will need to admit his eating his words for thinking Rodgers is shit.

Sturridge FFS this guy, would easily be top 3 if this guy never got injured FFS, he takes a nothing chance and scores whilst our other attacking options be missing them sitters.

Cou :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sterling playing behind Dan will be giving me boners, waste at CF, not that we even played with a striker when his the highest man. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rodgers subs are still shit :coffee:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:19 am

mr-r34 wrote:*bleep* get in, were playing so much better, credit to Rodgers, we got a massive run of games, If Rodgers can get some good results even RA will need to admit his eating his words for thinking Rodgers is shit.

Sturridge FFS this guy, would easily be top 3 if this guy never got injured FFS, he takes a nothing chance and scores whilst our other attacking options be missing them sitters.

Sterling playing behind Dan will be giving me boners, waste at CF, not that we even played with a striker when his the highest man. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

coutinho is the player we need to play behind dan.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:05 am

Well in the current formation 2 players get to play behind Dan so both Phil and Raheem.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:01 am

We should play the 3-4-1-2 with Coutinho as the lone 10 and Sterling + Sturridge playing off eachother. Lallana can come off the bench in that 10 role or play when Cou needs a rest.

All I know is this team looks great, and they showed an infographic today. Since boxing day no team in the PL has won more points than Liverpool. Suck on that, haters.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:17 am

DANIEL SON Proud

mr-r34 wrote:*bleep* get in, were playing so much better, credit to Rodgers, we got a massive run of games, If Rodgers can get some good results even RA will need to admit his eating his words for thinking Rodgers is shit.

You say that, but I won't be eating my words for nothing in regards to Rodgers. :coffee:

The "graph" I hate most is relevant under him. Liverpool vs. West Ham United - Page 3 Scouseboom
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:55 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Clean-sheetPool

if it wasn't for that second half collapse vs. Leicester, we'd be on a 6 game winning run in the league now Laughing ....4 clean sheets in last 6 games as well smoking

if it wasn't for the first half of the season we'd be top of the league smoking
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:13 am

Meh, Rodgers has had to rebuild twice and you give him this much shit, if we make top 4 RIP RA.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:04 pm

We were shit until Christmas, it takes longer than a month of decent form for Rodgers to win me over again. Let's see where we are in March. In the mean time, good on Brendan for improving our form.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:35 pm

I think a true test would be this mini-death-run you guys have going on. Good for you that Sturidge is back just in time, well almost.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next