Bankz
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
Winter is Coming
Great Leader Sprucenuce
77 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 18 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by farfan Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People talking about Maradona like they watched him play Laughing

Like they know that the only reason he was at Napoli because Barcelona sold him Laughing
ahmad25 wrote:
Bankz wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Are you trying to say that Messi was better in international competitions then Maradona and Pele?

He's just trying to save face tbh..
He basically excluded messi's stats from the copa and the world cup.. Even going as far as excluding peles 1962 gold medal Laughing
well since jiopsi is the king of numbers, then lets do this
CHOKESSI'S NT CAREER IN NUMBERS.
1 goal in 6 games in CA 15
0 goals in 4 games in CA 2011
0 goals in 5 games at WC 06
4 goals in 7 games in WC 14.
SPECIAL MENTIONS.
0 goals in 2 NT tournament finals (0 wins also)
0 goals in the knock out stages for the NT in the last 8 years.
0 goals from open play in the COPA America since the past 8 years (2007) (actually 1 penalty in the last 8 years)
1 goal in 5 Olympic games. (Maybe 2)
Razz
he said messi was involved at 82% argentina's goals and maradona only 59% in world cups. It just shows maradona's team was better and could score without him getting involved.Basically Argentina 86 was germany 2014.less stars but great team

are you guys serious with these anecdotal arguments ?

you do realize that " involved " includes random ass assists that were the result of deflected shitty passes ? a widely missed shot that hit someone and endend in a dangerous position ? etc... Laughing

" but but Messi was involved in more goals than Maradona "
just reeks of desperation ,give it a rest already .

sometimes there are no excuses for players not showing their club form with the NT , Henry was the same with France .

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 18 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Henry was better as well.

Club football >>>>>>>>> this isn't the 80s, nobody cares anymore.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Henry was better as well.

Yea that simply isn't true.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Well they shouldn't, it's been a lower level than club level for 20 years.

Germany are the World Champions and they are basically Bayern minus Robben, Lewandowski and Ribery rofl

The very same Bayern who got battered by Barcelona, hell Gotze who scored the winner doesn't even get into the Bayern team rofl

4 CLs should hold weight over any international success, hell 1 CL should as the level is 100x higher. I'm just sick of tired over end of season tournaments after a 50+ game season getting more hype than a tournament against the best teams in the world play no matter where they are from.

It just doesn't make logical sense, how does Maradona's one WC hold more weight than Cruyff's multiple European Cups. It's just moronic.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Club football is a joke. Barca with DAT € 600 trillion frontline against LOL Liga teams that can't even attract sponsors or against CL fodder like Manchester City. Such competition, much greatness. Only games that count at club level at this point of time are Clasicos and games against fully fit Bayern. Preferably under a manager not called Pep who psychologically manipulates his own team to fear Messi while Sampaoli just proved that Championship players like Medel, Marcelo Diaz and Beausejour can easily rustle Messi's jimmies when instructed to play like men with equally manly referees at helm. That's why intl. footy rules. No perfectly fine-tuned squads full of world class players. Much more even playing field to showcase your talent. How many years until Messi finally figures out that Lavezzi and Di Maria aren't Neymar and the same training ground outlet pass to the left wing will lead to nothing and he comes up with something else? DAT creativity, much playmaking.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Messi hatetorade squad in full force on Messi appreciation thread. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:42 pm

I have watched (replay) all maradona games in tournaments. For me he looks slow version of messi he was not as explosive

Anyway knee jerk will continue for some weeks. Everytime messi plays bad he is shit. When he scores amazing goal he is better than maradona. I have seen all here
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:42 pm

"Because he's the hero Argentina deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

I always feel like Messi is the Batman for Argentina. Proud
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Mole the die hard Cule defending Messi more than he ever defended a Newcastle player Laughing He is a NT disappointment, end of. Maradona, Pele etc were all better than him for NT. Harmonica keep your stats and your tears to yourself while the other players keep their trophies.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:07 pm

M99 wrote:Mole the die hard Cule defending Messi more than he ever defended a Newcastle player Laughing He is a NT disappointment, end of. Maradona, Pele etc were all better than him for NT. Harmonica keep your stats and your tears to yourself while the other players keep their trophies.

Yeah and i said i don't care about national teams because the level is a lot lower than the CL which is undeniable.

Also don't act like this is the first time i have said that national football is far inferior to club football and i don't like how one tournament win is considered greater to multiple club tournament wins when the standard is higher.

Also i would defend Newcastle players more often, if there was anything to defend Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Harmonica wrote:"Because he's the hero Argentina deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

rofl
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Henry was better as well.

but what was Henry's excuse for not showing his Arsenal form with the national team ?

France was better than Arsenal and he played next to a lot of his arsenal teammates too .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
M99 wrote:Mole the die hard Cule defending Messi more than he ever defended a Newcastle player Laughing He is a NT disappointment, end of. Maradona, Pele etc were all better than him for NT. Harmonica keep your stats and your tears to yourself while the other players keep their trophies.

Yeah and i said i don't care about national teams because the level is a lot lower than the CL which is undeniable.

Also don't act like this is the first time i have said that national football is far inferior to club football and i don't like how one tournament win is considered greater to multiple club tournament wins when the standard is higher.

Also i would defend Newcastle players more often, if there was anything to defend Laughing

I highly disagree on your stance that NT football means nothing. I am with Fussball's take on it.

And I know quite a bit about Maradona. It's not like he got sold by Barca because he was a scrub, he got into frequent disputes with the board and the president. He requested his transfer from the club and besides, he was plagued by injuries there too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:15 pm

If Messi is Batman, Argentina is Rachel and undeserved MOTM awards are Harvey Dent.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

typical mole Laughing

when a player you like doesn't show up , suddenly the whole thing doesn't even matter .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:18 pm

Eh? i have been saying the same thing for about 5 years.

Stop acting like this is a new thing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:18 pm

Fußball wrote:If Messi is Batman, Argentina is Rachel and undeserved MOTM awards are Harvey Dent.

Bane=Bayern 12/13 hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:18 pm

Says the guy who never watched Pele or Maradona. Btw:

Harmonica wrote:Messi @28 for NT

WC14 runner-up, Golden Ball
CA15 runner-up, MVP
CA07 runner-up, Best Young Player
Olympic Gold
WCu20 champion, Golden Ball

Pele

WC70 champion, Golden Ball
WC58 champion, Silver Ball
CA59-1 runner-up, MVP

Maradona

WC86 champion, Golden Ball
WC90 runner-up, Bronze Ball

Cruyff

WC74 runner-up, Golden Ball

Di Stefano

CA47 champion

hmm

Harmonica wrote:World Cup Career

Matches (Won - Drawn - Lost)

Pele 14 (12 - 1 - 1) = 86% win
Schillaci 7 (6 - 0 - 1) = 86% win
T.Müller 13 (11 - 1 - 1) = 85% win
G.Müller 13 (11 - 0 - 2) = 85% win
Ronaldo 19 (16 - 0 - 3) = 84% win
Eusebio 6 (5 - 0 - 1) = 83% win
Messi 15 (12 - 1 - 2) = 80% win
Romario 8 (6 - 2 - 0) = 75% win
Cruyff 7 (5 - 1 - 1) = 71% win
Klose 24 (16 - 6 - 3) = 67% win
Maradona 21 (14 - 2 - 5) = 67% win
Zidane 12 (8 - 3 - 1) = 67% win
Rossi 14 (8 - 4 - 2) = 57% win
Charlton 14 (8 - 2 - 4) = 57% win
C.Ronaldo 13 (6 - 3 - 4) = 46% win
Kempes 18 (8 - 4 - 6) = 44% win

Goals (Scored + Assisted + Involved)

Messi 18 (5 + 6 + 7) out of 22 team goals = 82% (+1 SO goal)
Rossi 17 (9 + 3 + 5) out of 21 team goals = 81%
G.Müller 22 (14 (1p) + 6 + 2) out of 30 team goals = 73%
Cruyff 11 (4 + 4 + 3) out of 15 team goals = 73%
Romario 8 (5 + 3 + 0) out of 11 team goals = 73% (+1 SO goal)
Eusebio 12 (9 (4p) + 2 + 1) out of 17 team goals = 71%
Schillaci 7 (6 (1p) + 1 + 0) out of 10 team goals = 70%
Pele 22 (12 + 8 + 2) out of 37 team goals = 59%
Maradona 19 (8 + 8 + 3) out of 32 team goals = 59% (+1 SO miss and goal)
Kempes 17 (6 + 6 + 5) out of 30 team goals = 57%
T.Müller 18 (10 (1p) + 6 + 2) out of 34 team goals = 53%
Zidane 9 (5 (2p) + 2 + 2) out of 17 team goals = 53% (+1 SO goal)
Ronaldo 21 (15 (1p) + 6 + 0) out of 41 team goals = 51% (+1 SO goal)
Klose 20 (16 + 3 + 1) out of 42 team goals = 48%
C.Ronaldo 6 (3 (1p) + 2 + 1) out of 16 team goals = 38% (+1 SO goal)
Charlton 6 (4 + 0 + 2) out of 20 team goals = 30%

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Harmonica wrote:"Because he's the hero Argentina deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

And you sir are Iron man, albeit without the intellect, the money, the women and the armour. Based on your posts however, you do have the same problem he had with alcohol. That's something.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:20 pm

I just said keep your stats and tears to yourself while the other players keep their trophies. And I know enough and seen enough of Maradona and Pele to know they had better NT careers than Messi.

Last edited by M99 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:22 pm

As long as Messi doesn't get injured, he still has 5 international tournaments left. Time is running out, but I would be really surprised if he manages to not win a major trophy with Argentina.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:24 pm

He'll probably have 6 CLs minimum so i don't see how it matters.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:24 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Fußball wrote:If Messi is Batman, Argentina is Rachel and undeserved MOTM awards are Harvey Dent.

Bane=Bayern 12/13 hmm

loooooooooooooooooool
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Eh? i have been saying the same thing for about 5 years.

incidentally the world cup went on to break all kind of revenue and ratings record in that 5 years period , so ' yes'body cares apparently .

the world cup is as important as ever , your opinion of it only concerns you tbh .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:25 pm

M99 wrote:I just said keep your stats and tears to yourself while the other players keep their trophies. And I know enough and seen enough of Maradona and Pele to know they had better NT careers than Messi.
You mean these? How did they have better NT careers individually? Maradona proved being the best player only once, Messi @28 two times, the same as Pele?

Harmonica wrote:Messi @28 for NT

WC14 runner-up, Golden Ball
CA15 runner-up, MVP
CA07 runner-up, Best Young Player
Olympic Gold

Pele

WC70 champion, Golden Ball
WC58 champion, Silver Ball
CA59-1 runner-up, MVP

Maradona

WC86 champion, Golden Ball
WC90 runner-up, Bronze Ball

Cruyff

WC74 runner-up, Golden Ball

Di Stefano

CA47 champion

hmm

Harmonica wrote:World Cup Career

Matches (Won - Drawn - Lost)

Pele 14 (12 - 1 - 1) = 86% win
Schillaci 7 (6 - 0 - 1) = 86% win
T.Müller 13 (11 - 1 - 1) = 85% win
G.Müller 13 (11 - 0 - 2) = 85% win
Ronaldo 19 (16 - 0 - 3) = 84% win
Eusebio 6 (5 - 0 - 1) = 83% win
Messi 15 (12 - 1 - 2) = 80% win
Romario 8 (6 - 2 - 0) = 75% win
Cruyff 7 (5 - 1 - 1) = 71% win
Klose 24 (16 - 6 - 3) = 67% win
Maradona 21 (14 - 2 - 5) = 67% win
Zidane 12 (8 - 3 - 1) = 67% win
Rossi 14 (8 - 4 - 2) = 57% win
Charlton 14 (8 - 2 - 4) = 57% win
C.Ronaldo 13 (6 - 3 - 4) = 46% win
Kempes 18 (8 - 4 - 6) = 44% win

Goals (Scored + Assisted + Involved)

Messi 18 (5 + 6 + 7) out of 22 team goals = 82% (+1 SO goal)
Rossi 17 (9 + 3 + 5) out of 21 team goals = 81%
G.Müller 22 (14 (1p) + 6 + 2) out of 30 team goals = 73%
Cruyff 11 (4 + 4 + 3) out of 15 team goals = 73%
Romario 8 (5 + 3 + 0) out of 11 team goals = 73% (+1 SO goal)
Eusebio 12 (9 (4p) + 2 + 1) out of 17 team goals = 71%
Schillaci 7 (6 (1p) + 1 + 0) out of 10 team goals = 70%
Pele 22 (12 + 8 + 2) out of 37 team goals = 59%
Maradona 19 (8 + 8 + 3) out of 32 team goals = 59% (+1 SO miss and goal)
Kempes 17 (6 + 6 + 5) out of 30 team goals = 57%
T.Müller 18 (10 (1p) + 6 + 2) out of 34 team goals = 53%
Zidane 9 (5 (2p) + 2 + 2) out of 17 team goals = 53% (+1 SO goal)
Ronaldo 21 (15 (1p) + 6 + 0) out of 41 team goals = 51% (+1 SO goal)
Klose 20 (16 + 3 + 1) out of 42 team goals = 48%
C.Ronaldo 6 (3 (1p) + 2 + 1) out of 16 team goals = 38% (+1 SO goal)
Charlton 6 (4 + 0 + 2) out of 20 team goals = 30%
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:26 pm

farfan wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Eh? i have been saying the same thing for about 5 years.

incidentally the world cup went on to break all kind of revenue and ratings record in that 5 years period , so ' yes'body cares apparently .

the world cup is as important as ever , your opinion of it only concerns you tbh .

Despite the winners of it being battered at club level two years running.

Seems legit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next