Bankz
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
Winter is Coming
Great Leader Sprucenuce
77 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by Harmonica Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 16:40

Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Preferred 07/08 Ronaldo more tbh.

CR was at his most exciting in 06/07 for me. 07/08 was a GOAT season for him though. For me better than any season he has had in Madrid.

His best years were by far 2011-13. He was very dominant in that period
It wasn't Cronaldo but the team, team was ridiculous those seasons.

whoscored.com ratings (over 200 statistics)

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 12VuAY5

09-10 was his best rating, after that he lost many aspects of his game, to score tap-ins and so on. Cronaldo scored 2 freekicks more in 09-10 than in 11-12 playing 20 games less ffs, lost his dribbling etc.

Cronaldo League + CL

Goals per game
09-10 0,94
11-12 1,17

Goals per game (excluding penalties)
09-10 0,83
11-12 0,88

Goals per game (excluding directly assisted)
09-10 0,49
11-12 0,35

Everything points Cronaldo becoming worse individually, and Real becoming better at feeding him.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by Valkyrja Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 16:50

In 12-13 besides Ronaldo and Varane our team was shit. In 11-12 we were great and probably should have won the CL too but Ronaldo was clearly our best player
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 17:27

Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Preferred 07/08 Ronaldo more tbh.

CR was at his most exciting in 06/07 for me. 07/08 was a GOAT season for him though. For me better than any season he has had in Madrid.

Not even close. 2011/12 season he flopped in 5/6 Classicos. 12/13 he was a tap in merchant and flopped against BVB. He became a tap in merchant. Onyl thing that arguably improved from his United days is his aerial prowess, bar that he is worse at everything. CR never carried Madrid. His team created almost 100% of his chances.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 17:35

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:

Not even close. 2011/12 season he flopped in 5/6 Classicos. 12/13 he was a tap in merchant and flopped against BVB. He became a tap in merchant. Onyl thing that arguably improved from his United days is his aerial prowess, bar that he is worse at everything. CR never carried Madrid. His team created almost 100% of his chances.

That's bias. He improved immensely since leaving Yanited. Smarter, better passer, better finisher. His dribbling regressed because he became a lot bigger, but even Bale looked capable in the BPL.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 17:43

Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

That's bias. He improved immensely since leaving Yanited. Smarter, better passer, better finisher. His dribbling regressed because he became a lot bigger, but even Bale looked capable in the BPL.

He isn't a better passer. It's not bias. His game declined after the ankle injury in 08/09. Then another injury before the 09/10 season irrc. Nothing to do with bulk. Still looks almost the same to me with a bit of added mass, nothing extraordinary. He isn't smarter, Laughing

His decision making has been consistently awful Laughing

His shots per game shot up at Madrid from United and he became a worse volume shooter. The only period he ever approached peak Messi was the first half of the 14/15 season. That's the best I ever saw him play overall, bar that, he has been a tap in merchant that is a detriment to the teams stability.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 18:40

amazing that no matter how much cr flops and his decision making cost madrid titles, statpadding>doing anything useful.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 18:53

chad4401 wrote:amazing that no matter how much cr flops and his decision making cost madrid titles, statpadding>doing anything useful.

It's ridiculous. I hear this often about CR: " he's not had a good game but great players have a way of coming through despite having a poor game.."

This was a phrase used almost every match by the commentators Laughing

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. RVN, Trezeguet and Batistuta must rue that they weren't born in this era.

This season, CR has flopped against EVERY SINGLE BIG TEAM. EVERY SINGLE ONE. HE scores against Rayo so he is a great player (:

I hope he gets the Pichichi (:

PSG x 2, Barcelona, Sevilla, Yellow Submarine, Atletico etc. Would take Suarez over every iteration of CR.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 19:20

its not like hate the guy, but to score those 50 goals the team has to play predictable,crap and he still needs 10 or more shots to score, but he is a goal scorer? more like a wanna be using his reputation to remain relevant to fanboys.

100+ shots to score 12 league goals unreal goalscorer rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 19:27

CR7 is a Perez marketing machine. No doubt Perez prioritizes CR competing for the Ballon d'Or with an unbalanced squad spoonfeeding him at every opportunity so he can shoot 20 times per game rather than having a real team competing for titles without mega stars. Individual mega stars sell merchandise, not team trophies and merchandising is what Perez is all about. Footballistically he's a glorified Mario Gomez. Fascinating enough that millions of people believe he's genuinenly up there as the best footballer in the world or even all time. This is how mankind must have been like for Kopernikus and Galilei in the 16th century. (:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 20:28

chad4401 wrote:amazing that no matter how much cr flops and his decision making cost madrid titles, statpadding>doing anything useful.

In your opinion it's CR's fault we didn't win as much as we should in the last years? If anything we won what we won because of him. He had to compete with the greatest barca of all time. Let's not forget what your beloved Benzema was doing in his first 2 seasons in Madrid and his inconsistent performance afterwards.

@ Jibbers his form this season is embarrassing I agree. But nobody can doubt his contribution from the past seasons. He's been the best and most consistent player by far after Messi, who is considered by many the best footballer of all time.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 20:35

If ronaldo is going to get all the credit for the titles then he sure as hell will get the credit for the lack of trophies
can't have it both ways.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 21:48

Valkyrja wrote:

In your opinion it's CR's fault we didn't win as much as we should in the last years? If anything we won what we won because of him. He had to compete with the greatest barca of all time. Let's not forget what your beloved Benzema was doing in his first 2 seasons in Madrid and his inconsistent performance afterwards.

@ Jibbers his form this season is embarrassing I agree. But nobody can doubt his contribution from the past seasons. He's been the best and most consistent player by far after Messi, who is considered by many the best footballer of all time.

The team is geared towards him scoring. Consistent goalscorer doesn't make you anywhere near Messi if not RVN would have been called a GOAT. CR destabilises the team, he doesn't occupy the wing and your MF and Marcelo are always numerically overloaded because he never tracked back. Only when Di Maria was there was CR not a liabilty, the CL win CR did zilch, stat padded against teams where Madrid where already cruising but as usual...

he scores 17 goals what amazing player (:

Flopped in the final, was irrelevant in the copa, did zilch in CWC, the tropheis Madrid won were down to CR though (:

Madrid always struggled against Barcelona because they always targeted the 'wing' CR was meant to be occupying. CR is not even up there with any of the greatest Madridistas. Madrid have their 2nd worst league drought since the 50s since he joined Laughing

CR is considered the best because of the EPL hype train and the media decides everything, especially reputations. The same way Bale was supposedly just behind Messi and Hazard was on that level Laughing

Any other era and CR won't be this hyped. He is the greatest stat padder in history, that one is for sure.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 22:43

Valkyrja wrote:

nonsense cr has always played like rubbish majority of every season, i have seen countless shat games from him, that get wiped away with a last minute brace, all thanks to marketing and sheep mentality, cr couldn't even get passed the r16 without benzema nor to the copa finals as well, so stop talking about things you have no clue about.

I bet every poster on this forum have seen this from cr every season, last 10 games are must wins cr plays the worst in the first 5 made the team lose, then once eliminated from all competition, he goes on to scoring back to back hattricks to secure his precious golden boot and keep himself and not madrid relevant.

cr madrid career is a hoax, the minute rafa asked benz and bale to do more for themselves, cr is instantly looks in decline to most, when he looks pretty normal to me just no goals to gloss things over.

Last edited by chad4401 on Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 22:49; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 22:46

chad4401 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

nonsense cr has always played like rubbish majority of every season, i have seen countless shat games from him, that get wiped away with a last minute brace, all thanks to marketing and sheep mentality, cr couldn't even got passed the r16 without benzema nor to the copa finals as well, so stop talking about things you have no clue about.

I bet every poster on this forum have seen this from cr every season, last 10 games are must wins cr plays the worst in the first 5 made the team lose, then once eliminated from all competition, he goes on to scoring back to back hattricks to secure his precious golden boot and keep himself and not madrid relevant.

cr madrid career is a hoax, the minute rafa asked benz and bale to do more for themselves, cr is instantly looks in decline to most, when he looks pretty normal to me just no goals to gloss things over.

No sane person could say that what Benzema played better than cristiano in their time here, so let's end this here
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 22:53

typical dodging the point with a cr vs benz debate Proud, did cr  not fail in the r16 with the legendary higs? and who was the player that got us past the same opponents the following season?

im really starting to think you recently started following madrid.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 8:11

(looks in messi thread)

(sees argument about ronaldo and benzema)

Am I missing something here?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 15:33

Frank Lampard - "I grew up with Maradona, he was my favourite player, but for me, Messi is the best, not just of this era, but of every era. I love watching him play, I love his personality, his humility. He's a great, great player."

I know how you feel. Sad
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 29 Dec 2015 - 19:56

https://twitter.com/barcanumbers/status/681887182261477376?s=09
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue 29 Dec 2015 - 20:31

FennecFox7 wrote:(looks in messi thread)

you even reading the posts? or you can't stomach cr not being hyped as a god 24/7?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed 30 Dec 2015 - 9:24

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/world-soccer-awards-messi-leads-the-way-as-barcelona-sweep-the-board-366880

2015 Top 10

17.2 Messi
13.0 Cronaldo
12.5 Neymar
10.8 Suarez
8.3 Lewandowski
4.5 Müller
4.1 Iniesta
3.6 Ibrahimovic
2.5 Pobga
2.4 Neuer

World Soccer Player (1982~)

Most wins, average share of votes

4 Messi, 42%

3 Cronaldo, 27%
3 Ronaldo, 23%

2 Platini, 37%
2 Ronaldinho, 34%
2 Gullit, 32%
2 Van Basten, 31%

1 Maradona, 36%
1 Zidane, 26%
1 Xavi, 26%

World Soccer Player (1982~)

Times in Top 10, average share of votes

9 Messi, 28%

8 C.Ronaldo, 18%

7 Maradona, 11%

6 Henry, 9%
6 Shevchenko, 7%
6 Raul, 5%
6 Ibrahimovic, 4%
6 Batistuta, 3%

5 Ronaldo, 17%
5 Ronaldinho, 16%
5 Xavi, 10%
5 Iniesta, 10%
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed 30 Dec 2015 - 11:10

http://www.mensquare.com/onzemondial/france/76066-onze-dor-antoine-griezmann-meilleur-joueur-francais
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onze_d'Or

Apparently Onze d'Or killed the prestige of their award, fearing Messi surpassing Zidane and Platini. It's now french only award.

Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed 30 Dec 2015 - 23:55

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 Wfbi7Y2

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 VAaaNqJ

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 6lx1ubJ

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 NZxfF61

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 JP6h5wD

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 7bs2i2W

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 Dpd0zdm

rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 30 Dec 2015 - 23:59

Harmonica wrote:

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 Dpd0zdm

:bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 23:24

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 BDF0Q7h

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 BCMnlka

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 OpALBIF

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 AuCdDwd

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 33 BR6SP44
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 3 Jan 2016 - 4:22

chad4401 wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:(looks in messi thread)

you even reading the posts? or you can't stomach cr not being hyped as a god 24/7?

I read the posts. Then I read the thread title. So yeah, I can't stomach that you always derail threads
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon 4 Jan 2016 - 16:12

http://iffhs.de/the-worlds-best-playmaker-2015/

The World’s Best Playmaker 2015

Four times Ballon d’Or winner Lionel Messi has finally broken through to claim his first award as the IFFHS World Playmaker of the Year.

Voters in more than 50 countries from all continents were so impressed with the performances in 2015 by the 28-years-old Argentinian that he finished with a runaway victory of 77 points.

In 2014, Toni Kroos won the title by two points from Messi but when voting was completed this year, Messi had gained a massive 168 points with Barcelona team colleague Andres Iniesta second on 91 points and Andrea Pirlo third on 54, followed by young Belgian players Eden Hazard (FC Chelsea) and Kevin DeBruyne (VFL Wolfsburg/Manchester City).

The victory continued the domination by FC Barcelona of the Playmaker category. Xavi had taken the title from 2008 to 2011 followed by Iniesta 2012 and 2013 until Kroos broke the run with Real Madrid in 2014.

It was a great season for the Barcelona duo of Messi and Iniesta with the club claiming the Spanish Liga, Copa del Ray and the European Champions League.

The performances by Italian Pirlo earned him third place as. his efforts were consistent and always at the top level with Juventus and his new club in New York.

Yaya Toure, which finished sixth, once again showed why he has been the best African player for many years.

RANKING 2015
1 – Lionel MESSI (Argentina / FC Barcelona) 168 points
2 – Andres INIESTA (Spain / FC Barcelona) 91 points
3 – Andrea PIRLO (Italy / Juventus FC / New York City FC) 54 points
4 – Eden HAZARD (Belgium / Chelsea FC) 22 points
Kevin DEBRUYNE (Belgium / VFL Wolfsburg/Manchester City FC) 22 points
6 – Yaya TOURE (Cote Ivoire / Manchester City FC) 13 points
7 – Toni KROOS (Germany / Real Madrid CF) 11 points
Luka MODRIC (Croatia / Real Madrid CF) 11 points
9 – James PODRIGUEZ (Colombia / Real Madrid CF) 10 points
Javier PASTORE (Argentina Paris SG) 10 points
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next