Nishankly
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Helmer
Sri
Art Morte
68 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Bravo Coutinho ,  it's awesome how far you've come.

Fabregas deserved a nomination tbh , I'm a bit surprised he wasn't included.

I think it will be POTY for Hazard and Young Player of the Year for Kane.

I don't think Kane will get a double as Bale did ( then tbh I think Suarez bottled it for Ivanovic bite, otherwise he'd won the POTY even in 2013 imho. )

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:19 pm

People are usually prisoners of the moment Robes, it's human nature so Fabregas form dropping off probably impacted that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Aguero deserved to be there over Coutinho.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 pm

DDG POTY and Kane YPOTY

:coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:48 pm

I have a feeling Kane will win an award even if he shouldn't imo.

Hazard should get one or maybe both and DDG does deserve a shout, but cant really remember the last time a keeper won the award.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:16 am

Honestly if both DDG and Hazard are nominated for both awards, then unless Kane beats them for POTY he shouldn't be getting YPOTY. If you are a youngster, shouldn't being the best player of the season also make you the best young player of the season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:18 pm

How did Coutinho get nominated Laughing He's been good the past month or so, scored 2 screamers, and that constitutes to being nominated?

POTY- De Gea ( The reason we sustained a top 4 challenge and remained in the top4 despite being utter crap earlier in the season)

YPOTY- Kane. Already been stated countless times just how good this guy has been. Should be a shoe-in for this award.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Is just me that thinks Kane is very over rated?
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:56 pm

Nah I am with you on that one. Maybe because of the team he plays for hmm

But, he doesn't seem very different to Defoe/Keane/Bent etc. Let's see if he can do this against next year.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:03 pm

TenMenWonTheLeague wrote:Is just me that thinks Kane is very over rated?

Massively, I reckon Inggs, Austin, Lambert, Hernandez etc would have a similar production output for Spurs this season if they started the same games Kane did.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:43 pm

RED wrote:How did Coutinho get nominated Laughing He's been good the past month or so, scored 2 screamers, and that constitutes to being nominated?

Players vote. The 6 players with highest votes casted for them are chosen from the ballot as nominees.

It could be the fact that everyone on Chelsea, United, Spurs are trying to vote tactically by not voting for their teammates main contenders so everyone picks another player.

Imagine they all did that and Coutinho wins it just because everyone is trying to game the system Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Same every year tbf, players like everyone else get stuck in the moment and Coutinho is playing great right now.

While Aguero and Fabregas are not really at the forefront of peoples mind for various reasons.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:49 pm

Well like I said players vote.

Cesc not being nominated makes sense because Chelsea already have Hazard and Costa who are getting the votes casted for them that could otherwise be going to Cesc. The votes are getting divided between the Chelsea players and probably makes this race closer than it should be.

Aguero not getting votes is definitely because of what you stated Moal.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:55 pm

He's been absolutely immense. Can't take anything away from him this season. The question is whether or not he can keep it up. He has everything in his locker to be a top CF though.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Muppet wrote:

He's been absolutely immense. Can't take anything away from him this season. The question is whether or not he can keep it up. He has everything in his locker to be a top CF though.

+1
It's not about overrated as much as just the hype that's going around this guy. And that is understandable for obvious reasons.
He has a unique style of play definitely. Lol this relating to Shearer and Henry I even heard is crazy. He might have attributes that Shearer and Henry had (hustling and movement), but he doesn't begin to live up or equal Shearer's pure goalscroing threat and Henry's finesse and never will because he is made up of a skillset that consists of various little things accumulating to a weird style of play, and which also means he isn't talented or very good in one specific attribute. But we can't deny what he has done this season. I mean the numbers speak for him. And he has SHOWN up in the big games unlike some other players. SO he defintely deserves the credit and the nomination, and imo the win for what he has done this season.

The real question is if he'll be able to keep doing what he has done throughout this season, next season and the seasons to follow. Then we will truly know if he can be a GOAT PL/English striker.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:23 pm

Kane does deserve at least some of the hype he's been getting. As a goalscorer, he's quite complete, in that he's capable of scoring several different types of goal, and he offers decent link-up play. He's scored consistently throughout the season against every type of opposition. He's certainly deserving of a Player of the Year nomination.

The question is whether he can do it again next season, and the season after, and so on. All well and good having the attributes to be a top forward, but he needs to replicate the form he's shown this season over the next few years. That's why comparisons to Shearer are stupidly pre-mature (as if there was any doubt).

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Any comparisons to Shearer from any player at any time now or in the future are stupid tbh :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:29 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Kane does deserve at least some of the hype he's been getting. As a goalscorer, he's quite complete, in that he's capable of scoring several different types of goal, and he offers decent link-up play. He's scored consistently throughout the season against every type of opposition. He's certainly deserving of a Player of the Year nomination.

The question is whether he can do it again next season, and the season after, and so on. All well and good having the attributes to be a top forward, but he needs to replicate the form he's shown this season over the next few years. That's why comparisons to Shearer are stupidly pre-mature (as if there was any doubt).

You could have just +1'd me. Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:33 pm

El Gunner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Kane does deserve at least some of the hype he's been getting. As a goalscorer, he's quite complete, in that he's capable of scoring several different types of goal, and he offers decent link-up play. He's scored consistently throughout the season against every type of opposition. He's certainly deserving of a Player of the Year nomination.

u mad?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:41 pm

M99 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

u mad?

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 2 46967561
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:19 pm

Art Morte wrote:I'm surprised to see Coutinho on that first list. He's been very good and is showcasing some sublime skills, but hasn't been that efficient in turning those pieces of skill into results yet. Four goals and six assists in the Prem don't really justify him being on that first list.

Personally I disagree. Even on one of the most prolific teams in the world Iniesta never put up massive numbers and he was easily one of the best players in the world. Like Iniesta, Coutinho's impact isn't just measured in the direct results of his plays. He is a constant threat to the other team, his dribbling is second to none and with a bit more proficiency from his teammates many of his chances would have turned into goals.

Watching highlights of all the team goals as well since his reintroduction you can see even if he isn't directly assisting or scoring he is still generally involved in the actual goal in a fairly substantial way for many of the goals. Every team we play now seems to try and mark him out as our big threat. It also helps that he comes up big against the big teams as well. He's been the best player on the field in matches with Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Southampton already just this season as well as coming up huge in our cup matches.

I think he deserves both nominations, but he doesn't deserve to win either award. If he had played as he has been all season I think he'd be held up there, but next season I think is where he vaults into the echelon of best players in the EPL even though he's already playing at that level now.

Hazard should win both awards no question for me.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Excellent twist in the Championship, 4th place Middlesborough beat 3rd place Norwich away to go on top lmao.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:29 pm

Why is Hazard considered for the young POTY? He's 24 on his sixth or seventh professional season and third in England, plus he proved to be better than all the senior players in the league since he came in 2012.

I think the players that should be considered for the YPOTY are the ones in the group age to be considered for the young NTs, so below 21 yo or so.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:30 pm

Good point. I could understand it if this was Serie A where someone is considered a youth until 27, but the YPOTY should really be for U20 players.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:44 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Good point. I could understand it if this was Serie A where someone is considered a youth until 37, but the YPOTY should really be for U20 players.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:25 am

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next