McAgger
Muppet
Art Morte
Dredg
DeletedUser#1
19 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Official Rodgers Out Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Rodgers Out Thread

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 21, 2015 9:21 am

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde hmm smoking

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rodgers Out Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Rodgers Out Thread

Post by Sri Thu May 21, 2015 9:34 am

iftikhar wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if they are actually one person/poster and simply messing with us with multiple accounts  Wink .

Or it is multiple personality at play? hmm

Hapless_Hans wrote:will you fire yourself if you can't think of anything worthwile to say after 7998 posts?

I only have worthwhile things to say, which contribute in some way in the context of the ongoing discussion. :coffee:

Otherwise, it would be cakewalk to post 13 times in the next 13 minutes on random BS.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 21, 2015 10:26 am

srigooner wrote:
iftikhar wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if they are actually one person/poster and simply messing with us with multiple accounts  Wink .

Hapless_Hans wrote:will you fire yourself if you can't think of anything worthwile to say after 7998 posts?

I only have worthwhile things to say, which contribute in some way in the context of the ongoing discussion. :coffee:

Otherwise, it would be cakewalk to post 13 times in the next 13 minutes on random BS.

You could have quoted them in separate posts, Only helping you reach 8k :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu May 21, 2015 10:36 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I dont know if El Cujo is everytime right about football but he is everytime right about RA hmm

just to add to the discussion, my original post was meant in the same direction that how both of them are connected !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu May 21, 2015 10:38 am

Nishy wrote:ffs we should go on war and conquer the other sections hmm

brah we dont need to ! We will be proven better than Bayern of Hyneckes, Peps Bayern and many other legendary teams :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 21, 2015 11:00 am

Nishy wrote:
srigooner wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

You could have quoted them in separate posts, Only helping you reach 8k :coffee:

Quality > Quantity :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu May 21, 2015 11:27 am

I wouldn't consider myself extremist. I think it's just coming off that way because I am outspoken against being overly negative. In reality I recognize a lot of the shortfalls of our team, and that Rodgers has had a really tough season as a manager. I'm just about preaching a bit of patience, and recognizing that Rodgers has been very successful with Liverpool up to this season, and that it's almost comical just how "unlucky" this team was during the season. Obviously they were not fully prepared, and as a very inexperienced manager Rodgers didn't react well to the adversity.

That said he has shown the ability to adjust, to play to the strengths of the players he has, and he has also shown that he can design a system around top end players to be successful. I just don't see how you can EXPECT him to just waltz into the top four when the quality of the players he has is clearly below the other teams fighting for top 4.

Am I happy about it? Absolutely not. I think as a club we should always be striving for success. I'm also not oblivious to the reality of our situation in the EPL right now and until FSG give the green light to really spend with the big boys we have to have patience and stick with this model of developing younger players and getting our team to a point (like I believe it is at now) where buying one or two top end, ready-made players will put them over the edge. The goal should be to make the top 4 every season still, and even challenge for the title, but it shouldn't be the expectation given the other factors. I mean people keep bringing up the money we spent this summer but completely ignore that every other top 4 team got better, and have spent more on their squads as a whole than we have. It's not like Liverpool are operating in a vacuum.

5th is not SO bad considering all the issues the team had this year, and really we were still contending for the top 4 nearly right to the end of the season. If we address our issues we can easily take that step into the top 4, but those teams are going to be looking to improve also, so we'll see.

Red Alert wrote:You don't live like that.

Experience life my old son. No fear.

I agree with experiencing life and having no fear, but that doesn't mean your minimum expectation has to be very high for a day, or a week or a month or any stretch of time. If you have very low expectations you will generally be happier with the things that you do accomplish, receive or go through, no?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu May 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Not really El, because it should really be if you are used to low expectations and keep expecting that level, then i would say maybe. LFC has been at the top of the world before, we know what glory taste, mid table club ambitions like that won't do here.

Again everybody knows top 4 was a must this season, considering united begged us to take it and we gave it away shows how much we failed.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu May 21, 2015 12:35 pm

They brought in LvG and have the most expensive squad in PL history. If you were a United fan you'd say that it would be an embarrassment not to make top 4. Obviously we had a shot at it but this team and manager had too many flaws to sort out this season. We'll get back to the top but not by firing the manager every three years or less. We need stability and growth. Obviously if Rodgers hadn't been successful at all it would be another story but he was a legend slipping away from bringing us the title in only his second season.

I expect great things from Liverpool now and into the future but it's not so simple to just be in the top 4 and there needs to be scope.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu May 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Yeah it would of been a massive embarrassment, but they still underperformed massively, we only need a few wins against mid table and relegation teams to be 4th now.

Regardless for what we need to improve, all were saying is Rodgers failed to meet any expected goals this season.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Fate sealed.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 24, 2015 4:58 pm

iftikhar wrote:Fate sealed.
he won't get sacked trust me
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 24, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm not sure how Rodgers, FSG or the club can recover from this. Such a sucker punch.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 24, 2015 6:36 pm

iftikhar wrote:I'm not sure how Rodgers, FSG or the club can recover from this. Such a sucker punch.
Rodger's was talking about what he needs to do next season after the game
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon May 25, 2015 8:29 am

Did he say anything about finding a new job?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon May 25, 2015 8:58 am

Raheem to take over? hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 25, 2015 9:10 am

Red Alert wrote:Did he say anything about finding a new job?

Well for the first time he was talking about leaving if the owners wants him to. And he looked in shambles. I mean what ever he is it was really sad seeing him like that.

I guess the time is near for him.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 25, 2015 9:15 am

"I couldn't say for sure but my gut feeling is that it will take something extraordinary for him to survive. But I could be wrong." - - Dominic King on BR.

:coffee: hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon May 25, 2015 9:17 am

Yeah I heard, I'm heartbroken.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon May 25, 2015 9:25 am

If Rodgers doesn't go out after this I'll start watching tennis or something :coffee:
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 25, 2015 9:57 am

Right now I'm really terrified. Last night's result may have sealed Rodger's fate. But the terrifying thing is, I don't see a better manager available ATM.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 25, 2015 10:03 am

Both Rodgers thread merged.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 25, 2015 10:03 am

Guys, I have asked Kick to merge these two threads:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37599-the-official-rodgers-out-thread
http://www.goallegacy.net/t37725p72-what-now-for-rodgers-and-liverpool

The contents, attitude is same for the both.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 25, 2015 10:17 am

Yeah.

"If the owners want me to go, I'll go".

No shit, Sherlock...

Surely they will sack him... We're three seasons into his tenure and going backwards. Surely it's going to happen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 25, 2015 10:34 am

Art Morte wrote:Yeah.

"If the owners want me to go, I'll go".

No shit, Sherlock...

Surely they will sack him... We're three seasons into his tenure and going backwards. Surely it's going to happen.
and who will replace him???

Carlo!
Klopp!!
Rafa!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon May 25, 2015 11:07 am

Red Alert wrote:Yeah I heard, I'm heartbroken.

Laughing pos got his wish and
Spoiler:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum