McAgger
Muppet
Art Morte
Dredg
DeletedUser#1
19 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Official Rodgers Out Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Rodgers Out Thread

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:56 pm

I don't know how anyone can seriously say Lucas is better than Henderson. Lucas's contributions in the attacking half of the pitch are zero and he's nothing like irreplaceable in the own half. A good option to have when we're using a three-man midfield, but Henderson is a class above and he's the one we would really struggle to replace.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

The Official Rodgers Out Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Rodgers Out Thread

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:00 am

^ Looool

Our midfield is so light-weight without Lucas. No way Villa would have waltzed through our midfield in second alf yesterday like they did if Lucas was there.

Lucas won more TACKLES in the game vs. Newcastle that Allen/Hendo/Gerrard did combined together yesterday.

As for attacking contribution, it's not his job. Javier Mascherano has played in Barca for 5 years and is yet to score a single goal. He scored like 2 in his entire LFC career too. Yet he's one of the best players of this generation in his position and 10 times the player Henderson will ever be.

Henderson's first touch and game intelligence (2 very important aspects of a midfield) are sub-par. And scoring a worldie ever 3 months and running like Forrest Gump doesn't make up for it.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:06 am

I could point to many games where Henderson has had the most tackles on the team, as well as interceptions, key passes, crosses, etc. Henderson plays up and down the field, he tackles but it's not his specialty in defence which is applying pressure through pressing and causing mistakes as well as forcing the opponent to play quickly. He also makes great runs off the ball and his game intelligence is fantastic so I don't know what player you've been watching. Yes, Lucas makes a great anchor, when healthy, but he where is his credit for ghosting in important games this season? Where is Henderson's credit for stepping up against the likes of City, Chelsea, Tottenham or Palace in the cup? Because of one game all of a sudden he's a dud? The whole team has looked out of sorts at times this season but that's all about Henderson, right?

How about Henderson has more goals + assists between Sturridge, Lucas and Skrtel combined over the season? Actually, he has been involved in the most goals of any player on our team, and he still puts in a fantastic shift defensively. To be honest, outside of Coutinho and Henderson we don't really have any overly impressive players in the field this season. Everyone else has been pretty average or below for most of the term.

But I guess there has to be scapegoats, and suddenly our next captain is in the line of fire because he couldn't do it all in every game.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:22 am

El Cujo wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
El Cujo wrote:.

Do you honestly read anything you write? Or do you just write an essay with misleading "facts" in an attempt to piss me off?

Everything pisses you off because you're a negative anti-Liverpool twat.

That said nothing I said isn't true. We can keep a revolving door of managers going but without world class players to rival the other big teams you'll just keep up your same bitching and moaning.

Rodgers had one elite player and took us to the CL and almost won the EPL with an otherwise less than stellar team by building a system around him. That's all I'll say.

Also lol 'ignore other managers faults' and Lucas better than Henderson ffs Laughing

"Negative anti-Liverpool twat" rofl

You're cute.

Rodgers isn't Liverpool. All my criticism from the past 2 years has been with Rodgers. He's holding us back. Compare our squad to anyone in the top 4 and the only main difference between those sides is management.

Fact.

We're literally one competent manager, and 2-3 signings from being a top side. That's all it comes down too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:26 am

Art Morte wrote:I don't know how anyone can seriously say Lucas is better than Henderson. Lucas's contributions in the attacking half of the pitch are zero and he's nothing like irreplaceable in the own half. A good option to have when we're using a three-man midfield, but Henderson is a class above and he's the one we would really struggle to replace.

He's a class below lmao.

Lucas can actually dictate a game / control a game. He's struggled with injuries over the years but he's addressed them lately. The only thing holding him back (and the team) is Sir Brendao. Leiva has simply been mismanaged during his whole time under Rodgers. That's all it comes down too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:46 pm

I have no idea how you can look at our squad on paper and think the only difference between us and the top 4 is a manager. You're delusional. Even with Suarez out squad was inferior to Chelsea, City and Arsenal at least...it was a manager that got us top 4.

Semis of two cups and 5th is not a bad result given the difference.

Lucas mismanaged and able to dictate a game ffs sometimes I just don't know. A class above Henderson rofl
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:47 am

imo Lucas should be our next captain, he's been here for longer plus he's more important when healthy, but w/e
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Honestly I think one of Sakho or Can should be the next captain. Hold the fort until Rossiter is 23-24.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:58 pm

I don't get this now, Henderson has showed good leadership and character and is having a good season, I don't get it why people start questioning his captaincy now. It's the most obvious choice among obvious choices.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:00 pm

Sorry but Hendo does not have the necessary leadership qualities to be a captain of Liverpool for me. This isn't Sunderland.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Can isnt even in my book for a starting place ( In my preferred ideal player system ) yet let alone being captain.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Unreal how quick some people turn one our players and manager.

Up until the United loss, iirc, we won or drew every game with Hendo as captain. He can't carry the entire team but he is always out there doing work and he's one player you don't have to worry about underperforming really. He's come up big a bunch of times this season and is just generally the heart of this team along with Coutinho.

Henderson hasn't bottled shit. Liverpool's problems are bigger and deeper than him. He's one of the few that actually embodies this 'Liverpool quality' half you guys love to preach about.

Jesus.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:49 pm

most of you are ridiculously overhyping Can tbh.

Not that he can't be a great player for you. But you're already setting the bar too high. Captain lmao.

The thing with Can is, he looks so incredibly talented and elegantly driven you think he's going to turn into a world class beast any second now, like the incredible HULK.
Fact is though he does a lot of stuff that doesn't work out and is pretty erratic.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:most of you are ridiculously overhyping Can tbh.

Not that he can't be a great player for you. But you're already setting the bar too high. Captain lmao.

The thing with Can is, he looks so incredibly talented and elegantly driven you think he's going to turn into a world class beast any second now, like the incredible HULK.
Fact is though he does a lot of stuff that doesn't work out and is pretty erratic.
He is just a kid. Give him time.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:37 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Sorry but Hendo does not have the necessary leadership qualities to be a captain of Liverpool for me. This isn't Sunderland.  

Based on what, then?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:00 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:most of you are ridiculously overhyping Can tbh.

He is just a kid. Give him time.

exactly.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:09 pm

Sack him first thing after the season ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:53 pm

these remaining 5 games are going to make my opinion more strong about whether I want Rodgers out or not, I am little confused now :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 am

The Villa and WBA matches have put me over. He looks clueless against relegation fodder teams in games that were MUST WINS. He basically got out done by Dim Tim and Pulis ffs in two of our most important games.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:46 am

^ lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:31 pm

There are two ways to look at this situation:
One :: Rodgers seems like a manager who is going to fail again and again when it matters. He worked it right with Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho in the last season and got us playing wonderful football. But either due to his inexperience or incapability as a manager, we failed when it mattered the most, like Palace away and Chelsea home. This season again the same thing, the loss at home to ManUtd after a brilliant run to put us in the mix of top 4. Then again, against AstonVilla. So it seems like he has failed to push this last line where something meaningful comes in our hands. So may be he is not good enough for us.

Second :: Just think for a moment, if Rodgers gets a fully fit Sturridge or some striker who can score those half chances or can do more than what the current set of strikers are doing, WILL he be able to do more than a 5th finish, exit from CL group stages, exit from EL and semi finals of two cups competitions?? He might get something in the next season he if gets that. Before people talking about his failures in the transfer window, I would like to point out that by now it is clear that it is FSG's strategy to buy young talent. From several interviews it is clear by now that Rodgers was never going to get a risky signing like Falcao at those wages or I am curious which striker was available in the last summer that we could have signed hmm So with that one fit striker scoring 20 goals, he might be able to use the experience he has got till now at the club and get us playing again wonderful football and results. Plus we will have a consistent figure at the club who knows the club and players well now after three years.

After writing these both the cases, all we can do is evaluate the risk factors at the end of the season for 1. Sack Rodgers and replace him with a better manager. 2. Keep him and try to provide him with more decent options for a striker position. In case we sack Rodgers, we have to make sure that we get someone who is clearly and substantially better than Rodgers.

With that said, that draw against Westbrom was really sad. If we are not even going to put a fight at the end of the season, our whole season is going to be a waste. If we dont perform good enough for these remaining games and get results, I dont want a manager who cant even make us push for that 4th spot with so many winnable fixtures.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Well my opinion is we need a DoF and need to kick that sh** a** COMMITTEE out of the way!!!! Thumbs up

Brendan needs to stay at the least for another year
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:40 am

^ DOF is basically committee but only one person on it. Every club has their own variation of it. The only elite club in the world that doesn't have a DOF/Committee structure is Arsenal.

I have a bad feeling that FSG won't even approach Rafa/Klopp even if they sack Rodgers. Time will tell of course...if neither are attainable, I'd stick for another year with proven goalscorers bought this summer. Miracle we're 5th with our top scorer on 7 goals.

I don't want De Boer because he's every bit as awful as Rodgers in Europe with 5 years of experience there. If it's Klopp/Rafa , then he should get the boot for. I can't think of any other alternative...but I wouldn't put it past FSG to inquire about Bournemouth manager or Gary "Best Swansea points total ever" Monk.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:18 am

De Boer is better than Rodgers but I agree that we should pass.

We need Klopp / Rafa if we want to make a statement.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:36 am

Red Alert wrote:De Boer is better than Rodgers but I agree that we should pass.

We need Klopp / Rafa if we want to make a statement.
What sort of statement would that be???

sepi wrote:but I wouldn't put it past FSG to inquire about Bournemouth manager or Gary "Best Swansea points total ever" Monk.
sarcasm!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:11 am

My point of a DoF is of some one experienced to guide the policies of transfers better. To better negotiate with FSG and also better provide for Rodgers. Also a recognised DoF has significant pull the market as well.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next