Twoism
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:49 pm

I don't believe it's us, unless Walcott has already decided to leave.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Not sure if Tevez would be that excited to return to England tbh Laughing I will be hugely surprised.
He misses his family way too much and i dont think he'll get his family to move to England.He's clearly craving a Boca return.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:22 pm

Sina wrote:Petr Cech interested in Arsenal move ahead of Chelsea talks

Goalkeeper Petr Cech will meet with Chelsea officials today to discuss his desire to leave the club.

Cech would like to join Arsenal, but the Premier League champions are reluctant to let him move there unless they receive a home-grown player as part of the deal.

PSG are also interested and Chelsea would prefer to sell to the French champions for a fee of around £11m. Cech, who has been at Chelsea for 11 seasons and has a year left on his contract, would rather remain in London, where his family is settled.

The 33-year-old returns to London to meet Chelsea with his representatives after playing in the Czech Republic's 2-1 defeat in their European Qualifier against Iceland

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9885218/petr-cech-interested-in-arsenal-move-ahead-of-chelsea-talks

Ospina had another hot & cold game yesterday, we really need Cech now. Since Jens, we havent got a single goalie that could give me full confidence between the sticks.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Arsenal teenager Ainsley Maitland-Niles is set to join Ipswich Town on loan, according to ESPN.

The 17-year-old winger made his first-team debut against Galatasary in the Champions League last December.

Maitland-Niles is highly-rated by the club and boss Arsene Wenger wants to loan him out in hope he'll gain first-team experience.
===========
Apparently Patrick Roberts is joining Man city
Dammit Evil or Very Mad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:29 pm

£3.5mil seems remarkably cheap for Roberts, I have to say. He didn't play as much for Fulham last season as I thought he would do, and he's going to find it tough to break into City's team.

We've got Chris Willock coming through, though, so it's not too much of a miss.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Santi gets it

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:06 pm

He should have never said that,Laughing Wenger will send him in to exile.
Poor Santi.Sad
urbaNRoots wrote:Santi gets it

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Arsene Wenger wants to wait it out and see if Karim Benzema becomes available this summer like with Özil according to El Confidencial.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:28 pm

He's going to be waiting a long time, in that case.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:30 pm

The IT-Kayz are out tonight as Di Marzio says Arsene Wenger has held talks with Monaco midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia about a move while Kike Marin has started a 'Cech countdown'.

Most likely so he can shamelessly bask in the adulation that will ensue if we really pull it off a la Geoff Arsenal.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:32 pm

Is Kondogbia a defensive midfielder? I remember seeing him for Sevilla a couple of times and he played box to box unless I'm misremembering.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:38 pm

Nope you are right
no need for him

might as well bring back William rumours Proud
======
Cech IN!!!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:51 pm

At Sevilla, he was more box-to-box as Gary Medel played as the holding midfielder in the pivot. He was usually quite disciplined, though, unlike Ramsey, for example. And he didn't have the creativity or quickness to really make an impact in the final third of the pitch.

I haven't seen much of him at Monaco except the three games they played against us in the Emirates Cup and Champions League, and he played with discipline in all those game and generally looked a wall in midfield. The raw attributes are there for him to be a holding midfielder, and he's decent technically too. It wouldn't be impossible for him to adapt to a different role.

Also, when you think about squad depth, he'd be a great player to sign, because his skill-set means he could play with Coquelin, Cazorla or Ramsey and compliment those players well.

It should be pointed out that Schneiderlin doesn't play as a holding midfielder either; Wanyama plays that role for Southampton.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Yeah that's why I asked, I've seen play Schneiderlin and he's disciplined/strong defensively which is why I am convinced he would make a great DM for us but I haven't seen enough of Kondogbia

Kondogbia seems to be a similar type of player, a box to box midfielder who could play DM for us. Exactly what I think we should be looking to sign because with the constant injuries in midfield it would be nice to have Coquelin-Kondogbia play some games when needed.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:05 am

Di Marzio made up that story about Usmanov talking to zamp for Dybala,i dont trust him and dont believe we would spend 25M to change someones game either

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:09 am

Sina wrote:Di Marzio made up that story about Usmanov talking to zamp for Dybala,i dont trust him and dont believe we would spend 25M to change someones game either

How do you know he made it up? Do you live with Usmanov, because he talked to Zamp doesn't mean anything.

He's a lot more reliable than pretty much anyone who is linked in this thread. Not exactly so why you are so against signing quality players which are better than what you have either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:13 am

And FWIW (may not be worth anything at all)

Arsenal Fan TV spoke to Ivan Gazidis at the kit launch, AFTV regular Moh said on his Twitter that Gazidis said that talks with Chelsea over Petr Cech are 'delicate' right now, confirming that they're happening.

Mind you, we only have proof that they spoke because of the video on Youtube but there's no actual evidence of him having said that besides what Moh claims.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:15 am

because usmanov has no say on transfers and he himself came out denied it as if it was needed
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-alisher-usmanov-denies-5463678

Kondogbia nice player to have not needed though
where would he even play
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:19 am

Di Marzio, from my experience, is more reliable in regards to Serie A transfers than anything else, but it's not unrealistic for us to be seriously interested in Kondogbia, and Monaco appear open to a sale.

A potential complication is that he's part owned by the Doyen Group, so we'd have to buyout their share of him as well as Monaco's. Other leagues allow part-ownership. We'll see how that goes.

On Cech: I don't see it happening, simply because Chelsea will be difficult to negotiate with. I think it'd have to get to the point where Cech only wants to come to us, and even then I can see Chelsea keeping him.

Sucks that the two keepers I'd really like - Cech and Lloris - both play for our biggest rivals.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:20 am

Sina wrote:because usmanov has no say on transfers and he himself came out denied it as if it was needed
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-alisher-usmanov-denies-5463678

Kondogbia nice player to have not needed though
where would he even play

Because owners/board members have never lied before right?

Also he's much better than Coquelin Laughing I don't see why he isn't needed. It's like you never learn, the reason you haven't won the title in god knows how long because you seem afraid to improve on players that you like.

Also take too much stock in the 2nd half of the season when the title is already over and then when players don't perform to the same standard when it actually matters you act surprised.

This might seem harsh, but the reality is that you need to make tough moves to be where Chelsea and City have been. If you think Ospina, Coquelin and Giroud are the answer you will find out a very harsh lesson next season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:26 am

I disagree with Mole, don't listen to him, Coq is an already better player than Kondogbia, you don't need him. You should be looking for striker more than anything now imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:29 am

Eh I agree but don't think Coquelin belongs to that group Moal. He has been one of the best defensive midfielders in the league if not the best since returning. I was a doubter but he has proved to be a level above Ospina/Giroud in terms of importance imo. Of course he could return to crap level but I'm hesitant right now because of his consistent performances.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:31 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Eh I agree but don't think Coquelin belongs to that group Moal. He has been one of the best defensive midfielders in the league if not the best since returning. I was a doubter but he has proved to be a level above Ospina/Giroud in terms of importance imo. Of course he could return to crap level but I'm hesitant right now because of his consistent performances.

Not saying he's crap, but good enough to win a title? not for me.

We'll see but he wouldn't be the first player to end a season well and was meh the following season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:37 am

Regardless of Coquelin's quality, we can't go into next season with Flamini and Arteta as immediate back-up. It'd be just like that time we went into a season with Bendtner and Sanogo as our only backup options for Giroud.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:43 am

for the record this what i said when we were getting results with Coq-Cazorla in midfield pairing

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37673p18-summer-2015-special-how-do-we-improve-arsenal#1416880

just dont believe in my opinion that Kondogbia is that profile to replace Coq and we shouldnt and wont spend big on such players when there are other pressing issues

--------
just another example of Di marzio false stories re Arsenal was Douglas costa last year link
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:59 am

Coquelin could not have done better for us, even if it was only for 6-7 months but, as Jay said, the real question isn't whether Coquelin will win you a title but whether he'll win you one alone.

What sounds better; to call upon Kondogbia when Coquelin is injured or needs to be benched or to ask Flamini to rip his sleeves off and get on the pitch?

Would like to have quality competition at every position. GK and DM are the most wanting positions in that aspect. Even better if we sign a player capable of playing in multiple positions to create as much fluidity in the squad as possible. The more options, the more versatile we are, the more of a threat we become against stubborn defenses.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next