Twoism
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:27 pm

The Reus to Madrid rumours are starting to heat up which means Benz to Arsenal because Reus will be a replacement for Benzema

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Let us all shake hands on that.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:46 pm

Can't wait until Kike reveals himself to be halamadrid2.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:46 pm

Love how these Benzema links are picking up pace.

He's probably the only top forward we can get which would give us a WC attack, but I'm sure we all know the chances of this happening is low and that's why I won't be bothered when it doesn't happen.

Also even more important we get a defensive midfielder now that Flamini is gone as well (shocked we got a reasonable fee for him)

Last edited by Amar on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:46 pm

Why can't we just go for Reus instead? He has Arsenal DNA and Rosicky is his idol, afterall hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Do you Arsenal fans embrace the idea of buying Benzema?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Lol we would give anything to buy Benzema. He has been our dream for like 6 years Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:Lol we would give anything to buy Benzema. He has been our dream for like 6 years Laughing

Too bad. I honestly think that he is overrated and there are many other better options than Benzema for every club in this world. I can't even see him at Arsenal being the main goalscorer.

You need someone like Cavani, Lewandowski, Bergkamp. :coffee:

He is missing too much, he is inefficient, needs to many chances for a goal. It depends how you want to use him.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:58 pm

^Alot would argue Lewandowski and Cavani especially are inefficient as well. Benzema is a considerably better finisher than both of them imo.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Of course he is inefficient Laughing

He averages around 2 shots a game, no striker in the world would be efficient on 2 shots a game lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Cavani maybe, but Lewandowski at Bayern it doesn't count. Pep is a disgrace, he knows how to destroy players.

When did Benzema impress you so much? I mean, he didn't win almost by himself a Champions League semi-final or quarter-final with an amazing performance. Does he look to you like that kind of striker who can score a hat-trick if needed in an important match?

I am a little bit curious, I have no problem with your opinions.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Just don't understand the inefficiency argument considering my previous post and considering Lewandowski at BVB was like the most wasteful striker going lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:15 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote: I mean, he didn't win almost by himself a Champions League semi-final or quarter-final with an amazing performance. Does he look to you like that kind of striker who can score a hat-trick if needed in an important match?

Football is a team game with 11 players on the field. Even the much heralded Messi/Cronaldo can't win games alone if the rest of the players don't play their roles. You need players rowing in the same direction.

Fact is, Benzema would be an upgrade and competition for what we have currently in the position - which is Giroud, Theo and Welbeck - each of whom have their much publicized flaws.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Just don't understand the inefficiency argument considering my previous post and considering Lewandowski at BVB was like the most wasteful striker going lol.

Probably because being the most wasteful striker and scoring 4 against Real Madrid in a single game is better than being uncapable to do any memorable thing.

Maybe I was wrong to say inefficiency, I didn't check stats (this was my impression), but I always thought Lewa is more clever, more helpful in attack and more decisive in important moments, a better striker overall, without doubt.

Benzema didn't impress me with nothing and I am not biased. I just can't remember Benzema fighting and winning duels with the opponents, I can't remember him being the man of the night.

@srigooner

I knew a post like this would come. That's why I said "almost by himself". It was an expression with the purpose to point out that Lewa can be the main man in attack and you can rely on him in important moments.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Also, we did reportedly bid for Cavani in the January, before his big money move that summer to QSG. Anyway, he isn't on the market (yet) as things stand. The same goes for Lewandowski.

However, Benzema is supposedly on the market, according to the BS media sources at least. So take that with a bag of salt too.

The only reason we would spend is if someone who will really improve our current options becomes available AND we can pip the competition - beware, quite a few clubs are on the lookout for strikers this summer and the pickings are sparse. Chelsea settled for Falcao while Liverpool threw their lot on Ings and Benteke (possibly). And that is just in England.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:21 pm

srigooner wrote:Also, we did reportedly bid for Cavani in the January, before his big money move that summer to QSG. Anyway, he isn't on the market (yet) as things stand. The same goes for Lewandowski.

However, Benzema is supposedly on the market, according to the BS media sources at least. So take that with a bag of salt too.

The only reason we would spend is if someone who will really improve our current options becomes available AND we can pip the competition - beware, quite a few clubs are on the lookout for strikers this summer and the pickings are sparse. Chelsea settled for Falcao while Liverpool threw their lot on Ings and Benteke (possibly). And that is just in England.

Now this is what I call a proper answer.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:23 pm

Neither cavani nor Lewa are better than Benzema. Benzema is a tier 1 striker on the same block as Suarez and Aguero. Cavani, lewa, Rooney etc are tier 2.

I don't know when was the last time you saw Benzema play vlad but he has been one of Madrid's most important player for years. He has shown time and time again to be a big game player. See his performances against Barcelona in El Clasico for example.

It's not even to do with being a big game player or not. Benzema will improve us considerably. He is everything we need in attack which is supported by the likes of Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey and Cazorla.

For the record, I highly doubt we will sign him and the rumours are all bullshit as they usually are. But to have him will be one heck of a deal.

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=38043
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40