Laurent Blanc appreciation thread

3 posters

Go down

Laurent Blanc appreciation thread Empty Laurent Blanc appreciation thread

Post by sportsczy Sun May 31, 2015 4:36 am

He's had his critics... including myself. But what he accomplished this year with so many injuries, an Ibra that is half the man he used to be and stars playing well below form for many months... really unbelievable managing job. Everyone was after his head and his firing was a foregone conclusion it seemed. Everyone also wanted players benched or sold... but he stuck with all of them and managed players up to form.

He won 4 trophies, got to the CL quarters again after beating Chelsea (losing to Barca is not something to be ashamed of, especially given the injuries come the quarters)... and has the trust and respect of all his players who apparently universally love him. Even Cavani gave him credit for getting him back on track.

I think he needs to be named among the elite managers now. I know people want the ultimate CL success to give managers/players credit. But it takes a lot of things to line up to win the competition. Experience, luck of the draw and timing have to all fall into place. Given the state of the club at the time of the matches, its inherent weaknesses and the opponent, i think Blanc took them as far as he possibly could without divine intervention.

I've noticed that his teams never underachieve. Didn't happen at Bordeaux (overachieved), NT (Euro quarters was the correct level of the team at the time) and now PSG.

Anyhow, kudos to Blanc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Laurent Blanc appreciation thread Empty Re: Laurent Blanc appreciation thread

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Well, he did outwit Mou in this CL. There was nothing he could do about that 1st leg against Barca after Thaigo and Luiz's conditions. I already lauded him a good manager since he took Bordeaux to CL quarter-finals.

I personally rate him.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 am

Yes he has done well to recover from the below par start PSG had to sweep the domestic scene not to mention outwitting Mourinho when it seemed that PSG wouldn't progress but given PSG's financial nous and squad quality weren't they always expected to win the Ligue One and the domestic cup and Blanc's achievements have actually merely been at par? Also He did well against Chelsea and Barca were always favorites to win their quarter final tie but couldn't they have done more to make a match of it?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum