Robespierre
RED
El Gunner
Glory
Kick
60 posters

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Go down

Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:27 pm

They sold Mata to Man Utd, i don't think Mourinho cares about selling to rivals as much as you all seem to think.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Man Utd wasn't going to compete for the title though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Neither are Arsenal, unless they got more. But Man Yoo can/could get more. Mourinho isn't to know that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Window is still very early (hasn't really opened tbf) but Arsenal have arguably the best squad in the PL right now if they get Cech in.

If Mourinho wasn't at Chelsea they'd easily be favourites.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:51 pm

You could have said the same for last 3 years really lol.

Wenger will find a way to *bleep* up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:56 pm

That's not true though.

They've had decent squads in the past but going into this season they could be the best. If they don't title challenge this year their season would come down as a complete failure. City is rebuilding. United is rebuilding. Liverpool are as good as Tottenham with El Wank in charge and are going backwards.

If they can add another CB (and by another, I mean that actually has some quality and not some kid) alongside Cech to this squad they'll be the only ones that could rival Mourinho in the league. Why I completely confused on why Mou would let Cech leave. The guys still arguably better than Courtois ffs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Ok but you definitely could have said the same last year.

Wenger spent half the season *bleep* around with systems and it lost them the league, whose to say it won't happen again Laughing

Besides even on paper they are not good enough, the mere idea that Giroud and Coquelin make up two of the teams spine automatically ends that idea.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They sold Mata to Man Utd, i don't think Mourinho cares about selling to rivals as much as you all seem to think.

Mata sucks though tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:21 pm

The money Chelsea got for Mata was so high that, especially in the FFP era, declining that would have been stupid when Mourinho didn't fancy the player himself. There won't be a big transfer fee coming fro Cech, but it would be a dick thing to do to deny him the chance to join Arsenal, because there aren't many top teams at all who need him right now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:24 pm

He has tons of suitors abroad though.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:59 pm

With Cech, Arsenal are instant title favourites IMO.

In fact I'd be willing to bet on them winning the next league right now.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Yeah because Chelsea, City, Man Utd are going to stand completely still and not spend 100m+ minimum Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:With Cech, Arsenal are instant title favourites IMO.

In fact I'd be willing to bet on them winning the next league right now.
They need an upgrade in ST department.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Forget Man Utd, no matter how much they spend they won't manage to play a good season.

You think getting Sterling and Firmino will turn City's motivational and team problems around? With Pellegrini a lame duck?

Chelsea, sure. But José's never had a good full third season anywhere, so let's see.

Arsenal have slowly but surely assembled a really good team.

They'll see if they can get a top player or two if opportunity arises, (Benzema, though I think it's very unlikely) but even without an extra striker and DM I think they're good enough to win the league for once.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Forget Man Utd, no matter how much they spend they won't manage to play a good season.

You think getting Sterling and Firmino will turn City's motivational and team problems around? With Pellegrini a lame duck?

Chelsea, sure. But José's never had a good full third season anywhere, so let's see.

Arsenal have slowly but surely assembled a really good team.

They'll see if they can get a top player or two if opportunity arises, (Benzema, though I think it's very unlikely) but even without an extra striker and DM I think they're good enough to win the league for once.

Stfu. Worry about getting thumped in the cl semis again.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:20 pm

It' s enough surprising when you look a Chelsea legend to going in Arsenal or the contrary , but if you live in London you never want to go away

I' m enough intrigued by West Ham hmm
Their property look like ambitious , they asked two thing to Allardyce : to play football after hoofball era, and ending the league on first 10 places.
The first target was incredibly got, West Ham played really football in first half of season where Downing looked like Anderton 1996 .
Then in 2nd half we looked a different West Ham, it's necessary to divide the West Ham season in 2 periods because they stopped to play seriously after the salvation got. I think it was the team to get less points after Newcastle, and Andy Carroll ' s injury didn't help them (No , Art Morte didn't lose my password . He was playing very well )
And for this reason , they didn't finish in first 10 places.
For this reason Allardyce wasn't confirmed and the propriety decided for an U-Turn after the rubbish of Biritish managers ( Redknapp , Pardew , Allardyce). I 'd have liked Newcastle to make same thing but I don't know well McClaren, I remind him just for England flop .

Anyway West Ham contacted even Emery and Benitez, and after the expected refuses they folded on Bilic , Bekistas manager.
I don't know him barely, but it looks like an interesting name ,... surely curious . I hope he is not the Croatian Pepe Mel Laughing
Even the targets look like quality targets , they want Cabaye and it'be a Song-esque signing for them , Cabaye was going to become a top before of PSG ' s signing. This transfer ruined him. But I don't believe he became scrub.

Remy would be also a great signing . He updated the concept of legit reserve last year

Improving the team must be a duty for them , considering they will go in Europe League because ... Fair play award Proud

and if you haven't a team built for league / europe then you collapse.

Asking to Everton last year
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Don't you know? van Gaal is the guy who builds all those great teams.
Lays the ground work.

the rest of the house needs to come later hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:23 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't you know? van Gaal is the guy who builds all those great teams.
Lays the ground work.

the rest of the house needs to come later hmm

We play tiki taka (:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:27 pm

All the issue with City's so called problems and still finished 4 points above " title favourites" Arsenal and Man Utd after having a so called shit season finished only 5 points behind so called "title favourites" Arsenal Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:28 pm

I don't care about how it is, I care about how I want it to be.

COYG Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Watch Bartra go to Bayern Laughing

Pep Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Leicester have sacked Nigel Pearson

wtf ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:02 pm

"Regrettably, the club believes that the working relationship between Nigel and the board is no longer viable," said a Leicester statement.

"It has become clear that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us."

In June, Pearson's son James was one of three players sacked by the club for their involvement in a racist sex tape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33338638

Reading between the lines, there seems to be more than just footballing reasons behind this one.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Robespierre wrote:Leicester have sacked Nigel Pearson

wtf ?

loooool, I'm just reading it on BBC.

"Regrettably, the club believes that the working relationship between Nigel and the board is no longer viable," said a Leicester statement.

"It has become clear that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us."

Shades of Pulis leaving Crystal Palace, but that happened even more dramatically. And probably for different reasons. We'll see who Leicester manage to hire. In any case, what a downer for Pearson, overseeing a great escape and then getting canned in the summer. Wow.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:07 pm

GonerJay beat me to it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Like the scandal involving his son and 2 other youngsters ?!

Bold decision. Very Saints like.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next