Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

+17
Vibe
Salladhor Saan
Unique
DavidVilla92
Lucifer
Adit
Kick
Firenze
Dutti
Great Leader Sprucenuce
jibers
B-Mac
vizkosity
Glory
Busby Babe
RED
Vlad the Impaler
21 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Glory Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:
RED wrote:ROONEY IS KILLING THIS TEAM.

We're basically playing with no striker.

Rooney doesn't belong upfront he has been best behind striker atleast when I have seen him. I dnt know what's in Rooney that managers always feel that they can play him anywhere. No point playing him upfront when u have lyks of Martial and depay in ur rank. But that old man is as stubborn as they get. Last year his fetish of 352 and this year playing Rooney as striker is beyond me.

Nope. Not with the players we have, he will be 3rd or 4th choice in that role.
With rooni's travestly of a first touch right now, playing him anywhere but far away from the opposition players is the only viable solution. So perhaps on the wing.
But the problem is even then, rooney would drift all over the pitch making him almost impossible to play in one particular position. Due to that never ending itching to get involved and due to the fact that the chap will put a decent shift in defensively may be his best position is right now that of a full back ? , I dunno. Its pretty weird his case. One thing is certain though, his days as a forward/ no. 10 is over.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Manchester United 2015/2016 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Glory Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Lol I almost got it right, the lineup. I predicted McNair, but it turns out to be Smalling.
Its surprising why smalling is not getting a rest. He has literally played every match this season. hope lvg wont worn the lad out.

Otherwise very exciting lineup. Hope Pereira and Wilson will grab this opportunity.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:59 pm

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lingard and Perreira our bright sparks.

Memphis is terrible.

how did we manage just one shot on target that first half. Piss poor.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Useless!

I knew we'd lose the penalties. We would have played till the end  of time and not scored from open play. Just one of those days. Actually two games now. We need to take more risk, but thats never happening under LVG.

As for Rooney, I actually fcking hate him!!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:51 pm

We're the most boring team in the league.

*bleep* off LVG, and take Rooney with you!!!!!!!!

The end.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:16 pm

Very very lucky in the end.
For the moment, lets look at the brighter side of things cos negatives were far aplenty to actually cite.
One big positive is our tough fixtures are almost over. Only Leceister, West Ham and chelsea left in the first round. With 4 points behind the leaders, i think we have done well, this tough month as far as results go.

Btw today, blaming rooney is pointless as he didnt get any service whatsoever. All our attacking players and midfield were crap barring may be Schneiderlin.
Young my motm even though he played just 30 odd minutes. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:38 pm

All those 3 games you mentioned are gonna be really tough. Leicester are scoring goals for fun and have the most in form attacking player in the league. WH are giant killers this season and Chelsea could well be rejuvenated by a new manager by the time we face them.

Us on the other hand look completely out of ideas atm. Looking a bit more solid keeping teams out, but what good is that if we're struggling to create chances, score and are heavily reliant on a young player because our under performing captain has an iron grip over the manager.

atm struggling to see any better than what we've conjured up the past 3 games.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Of course, Lester, Ham have every possibility to take points off us. But we are also yet to face a lot of weak teams. Havent played a single newly promoted side so far, so as West brom and stoke. So on the broader scale of things, we will cope much better during that period than say, during this.

And as far as the recent results go.

Yea three nil nil draws. But only todays was the real disappointing one, i meant disappointing with our first choice players. Against Boro it was our B team and against City, we would have won that match if Martial had played uptop instead of rooney.
And the match before that in the league we could have scored 4-5 goals that too away against everton.

So you know, things arent that bad, as they seem. The problem with us is,  on the days we are dire, we will beat every record out there in direness, so much so that our last good performance will feel like ages ago.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:15 am

Watching United under LVG is hideous.

No joy whatsoever. Players aren't allowed to lose the ball, they look terrified to do so (except Rooney), we don't create nothing. DDG saves our asses constantly. We always start matches on the back foot (bar the odd exception), there's no tempo or urgency to our play, it's all static over analysed BS, and when all else fails, lump on Fellaini and go route one.

Where is the progress? No more excuses, this is LVG's team and vision. He has been backed to the hilt by the board, he has brought in his own players and got rid of a truck load of players he didn't want. Apart from that purple patch in March last season, the football has been like watching paint dry.

Smalling and Martial have been our most consistent bright sparks this season, closely followed by the scmidfield and De Gea.

We're hard to beat, but my goodness do we suck the life out of football matches. Watching our games, it's easy to predict by the 30th minute how the match will unfold cuz it's so predictable.

That's pretty much the gist of my frustrations.  I believe we could and should be doing better than we're currently are.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:06 am

RED wrote:Watching United under LVG is hideous.

No joy whatsoever. Players aren't allowed to lose the ball, they look terrified to do so (except Rooney), we don't create nothing. DDG saves our asses constantly. We always start matches on the back foot (bar the odd exception), there's no tempo or urgency to our play, it's all static over analysed BS, and when all else fails, lump on Fellaini and go route one.

Where is the progress? No more excuses, this is LVG's team and vision. He has been backed to the hilt by the board, he has brought in his own players and got rid of a truck load of players he didn't want. Apart from that purple patch in March last season, the football has been like watching paint dry.

Smalling and Martial have been our most consistent bright sparks this season, closely followed by the scmidfield and De Gea.

We're hard to beat, but my goodness do we suck the life out of football matches. Watching our games, it's easy to predict by the 30th minute how the match will unfold cuz it's so predictable.

That's pretty much the gist of my frustrations.  I believe we could and should be doing better than we're currently are.

Definitely theres progress. Team's defensive organization is one. Barring the Arsenal match were things went tits up in the 1st 20 mins as well as a couple of isolated phases of play in certain matches (including yesterday's second half), our defense this season has looked solid. Thats why its a process, its getting built from the back.
We tend to struggle when teams press us relentlessly like Palace did yesterday. But even against that i think we will be able to cope with this current system lvg is professing.

Have a little patience mate. We are only 4 points of top.

Next transfer window(s) hopefully the management will address all our remaining issues including a winger, young midfielder and CB.

ddg
darmian-smalling-laporte/stones-shaw
herrera-schneiderlin
mata-tielemans-griezmann
martial

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:08 pm

random post but I just want to say that I think it's no surprise that Memphis form dropped the moment Shaw got injured. What a player he is was in godly form when he got injured, his runs opened up time and space for Memphis and now that he has been out teams just focus on Memphis.

random but just thought i'd point it out.

think Shaw is my 2nd favourite United player after Ander Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:53 pm

Glory wrote:
RED wrote:Watching United under LVG is hideous.

Definitely theres progress. Team's defensive organization is one. Barring the Arsenal match were things went tits up in the 1st 20 mins as well as a couple of isolated phases of play in certain matches (including yesterday's second half), our defense this season has looked solid. Thats why its a process, its getting built from the back.
We tend to struggle when teams press us relentlessly like Palace did yesterday. But even against that i think we will be able to cope with this current system lvg is professing.

Have a little patience mate. We are only 4 points of top.

Next transfer window(s) hopefully the management will address all our remaining issues including a winger, young midfielder and CB.

ddg
darmian-smalling-laporte/stones-shaw
herrera-schneiderlin
mata-tielemans-griezmann
martial

I dunno bruh. I wanna be positive, but I just can't see any hope under this manager. Every match is the same thing week in week out. LVG I feel doesn't have the capabilities to have us playing as a great attacking unit. We're like his Dutch team at the WC, rigid, boring and hard to beat, but without the attacking talented outlet that Robben provided them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:38 pm

late winners been missing some of that for a while.

Lingard, Pereira, McNair all on to finish the game, Academy Molenation
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:12 pm

Late winners...I missed those.

Crucial win.

De Gea, Smalling (as per) Morgan were immense. Memphis had a solid 1st half (great goal) and a decent 2nd before fading away. Jesse missed few guilt edge chances that could have costed us ffs, but thankfully that German beast bailed us out.

Idiotic by Rojo to tackle like that in the box to concede the pen. (shame our progressive defensive record is gone).

How about that refelx save from De Gea? World class.

Great win despite our injury problems. So relieved we got the 3 points. Now we can sit back and enjoy the rest of the matches.

I hope Herrera isn't too badly injured. Lovely assist.

MOTM- De Gea
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:51 pm

RED wrote:

I hope Herrera isn't too badly injured.

If that 'going berserk' celebration was of any indication, then he wont be out for long. Laughing Lad was moving smoothly in the dugout during that. hehe.

Hope he will manage United after his playing days are over or something, that lads' love for the club is something. Proud And how can anyone question if we fans seem biased regarding Ander. His commitment and love for our club I think warrants that small leeway and bias if at all he is getting that. The guys' gonna be a club legend if lvg wont fuk up for fun and drop him at the slightest drop of performance. And even there I  think  Ander's worst display this season is better than Rooney's best and still the latter plays every minute of every game in place of this beauty of a man. Laughing :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Good comeback performance for Memphis, he needed that. Shame Basti's winner is going down as an OG. Both city and Arsenal dropping points, so it's been a good weekend. Nothing like a late winner
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:44 pm

2nd in the league despite having a lot of injuries. I'm content.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Absolutely shit yet again, I didn't even celebrate that equalizer. LVG has sucked the life outta me as a fan of football.

Set piece was the only way we'd be getting anything remotely resembling a chance on goal. Wonderful ball by Blind.

And Vardy had to to score ffffssss!!! I'm fuming at the way we defended.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Meh. As long as Rooney stays we aren't doing a thing. He is a -1 player.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:48 pm

All our plays break down once Rooney gets the ball. I seriously hope he gets injured. I'm tired of this shit.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:23 pm

Settled for a draw at the end.

smh.

didn't create a single chance from open play.

I've had enough!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:29 pm

RED wrote:Settled for a draw at the end.

smh.

didn't create a single chance from open play.

I've had enough!

I'm sorry I'm not blaming van Gaal if there is an opening and out players are not capable of passing it through. Mata got the ball in a good area 5 times and decided not to play it through. I can't blame anyone but him. Rooney lost control of the ball 7 times I counted when we had numerical superiority. The pieces of the jigsaw are terrible atm.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:37 pm

The players look like they play with fear of losing the ball or making a mistake though. Apart from Rooney, it's [mistake and you're dropped for the next match].

The players look to play the safe option all the time, unless a clear open pass is available.

I mean, when was the last time someone in our team had a long range effort in the early stages of the game? Herrera tries to make things happen but always gets punished by LVG for daring to pass through balls and attempt any creativity that sometimes doesn't work.

It's all based on instructions and fear of the manager. Safety over risks- no risks is what has us sitting on the lowest goals scored in the top 8.

We have the players (bar rooney who's finished) to be doing much better.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:38 pm

we have no runners aside from Martial...that is the problem
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:44 pm

B-Mac wrote:we have no runners aside from Martial...that is the problem

Pretty much this. Rooney can't do shit. Martial is our only good 1 vs one player. We need to finally clear the squad out again this summer. I said we should give LVG at least 3 seasons and I stand by it.

RED pls.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:48 pm

We won't win the title without a consistent goal scorer. 2 PL goals and it's nearly December, Wayne Rooney Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next