El Gunner
M99
elitedam
RealGunner
rwo power
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Space Exploration & Discoveries - Page 4 Empty Re: Space Exploration & Discoveries

Post by El Gunner Sat May 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Babun wrote:
Nishankly wrote:I am just hoping other countries can start being able to afford Space as much as NASA or ESA. Its unfortunate only these 2 are leading everything with so many countries waiting to get on the action, well once they settle their internal issues.

India did the same, our Mars satellite was cheaper than the movie Gravity Proud

I've got a theory: no matter how amazing life on earth is, it will go down the drain as soon as the sun burns out or another dino like catstrophy happens. The only way to survive is for the life to spread onto other planets/solar systems before the due date. To leave earth, one needs an intelligent, capable life form which is bound to the nature by its basic needs for nutrients = humans. Humans are capable of spreading life into the space out of basic necessities like food or water. We've got 8 billion people, 8 billion brains. Theoretically, humanity should be at its max capacity to leave earth. Instead, we're discussing about what to wear or which Iphone to buy. The outer space is there to explore.
I'm all for intact space programs on all continents. More competition means faster/better development into that direction.
I've got a better more realistic theory.
We're the multidimensional alien substrate and we're living in a simulation and there are an infinite number of parallel universes out there regardless of time and space, and the sun blowing/burning out.

We (consciousness) will never end. Energy doesn't end.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Space Exploration & Discoveries - Page 4 Empty Re: Space Exploration & Discoveries

Post by Nishankly Sat May 30, 2020 9:43 pm

Regardless of all the theories, I am just glad we as humans are fighting every tooth and nail put out there to kill us, we defeated the ones on the planet and now we're doing it slowly (albeit infinitely minutely) outside it.

This is where Humans win, this is where our fight for understanding of science and our existence keeps on winning. I am just glad I witnessed this rather than being born in eras where we would be killed for questioning shite.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 30, 2020 9:55 pm

Also lmao Flat Earth rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 30, 2020 10:10 pm

Nish, my man, you're way too optimistic. The number one threat to our survival is ourselves. The number one threat to our planet is us.

Just look at how much we hate each other for god's sake. How much we are divided as a species and how often we go to war with each other throughout history.

We have been looking for planets similar to ours for a very long time. So far, there are no signs of intelligent life anywhere we've looked and the closest resembling planet lies 4.2 light years away (Proxima b), and we still have no idea whether or not it harbors any form of life. And don't even get me started on how difficult it is (almost impossible ) with our current technology for humans to travel beyond the bounds of the solar system and settle for life somewhere else. Our only hope for survival should the earth decide it's time for everybody to get out of the pool is to somehow terra form Mars. And even then it's a mammoth task.

My point is, space exploration is and should be one of the main objectives for humans. But in the same breath, I want to stress just how poorly we are treating the only planet that can support life. If we treated it better, we wouldn't have to look for another home to settle. Unfortunately, many experts are now saying that the damage we have caused is irreversible at this point.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 30, 2020 10:22 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Nish, my man, you're way too optimistic. The number one threat to our survival is ourselves. The number one threat to our planet is us.

Just look at how much we hate each other for god's sake. How much we are divided as a species and how often we go to war with each other throughout history.

We have been looking for planets similar to ours for a very long time. So far, there are no signs of intelligent life anywhere we've looked and the closest resembling planet lies 4.2 light years away (Proxima b), and we still have no idea whether or not it harbors any form of life. And don't even get me started on how difficult it is (almost impossible ) with our current technology for humans to travel beyond the bounds of the solar system and settle for life somewhere else. Our only hope for survival should the earth decide it's time for everybody to get out of the pool is to somehow terra form Mars. And even then it's a mammoth task.

My point is, space exploration is and should be one of the main objectives for humans. But in the same breath, I want to stress just how poorly we are treating the only planet that can support life. If we treated it better, we wouldn't have to look for another home to settle. Unfortunately, many experts are now saying that the damage we have caused is irreversible at this point.

You've completely got my post wrong man.

No one is belittling what goes down within the planet. This isn't the thread for all this especially when the spending on this space shite is 0.5% of any country's total fiscal year spending. You're looking for the military thread.

Also if we can terraform Mars, why don't we start with the Earth?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat May 30, 2020 10:25 pm

Nishankly wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Nish, my man, you're way too optimistic. The number one threat to our survival is ourselves. The number one threat to our planet is us.

You've completely got my post wrong man.

No one is belittling what goes down within the planet. This isn't the thread for all this especially when the spending on this space shite is 0.5% of any country's total fiscal year spending. You're looking for the military thread.

Also if we can terraform Mars, why don't we start with the Earth?

Yeah, terraforming the south sahara belt would be a good starting point/practice for the possible space coloniasation. But he is right in a way, we should cherish the place we live in. If we don't respect planet earth we won't have the ethics to do any better somewhere else.
The Demon of Carthage wrote:

No need to find planets exactly similar to earth. Terraforming is the key, just need some water around and managable ambient temperatures. Of course, the task is difficult but one has to start somewhere. You deem things impossible from today's point of view. In the middle ages, scientists couldn't imagine a processor could exist which would calculate 5 billion times faster than a human being in a second (5GHz current intel processors in arithmetics and floating point operations). They'd see the claim as outright ridiculious.
1. Well, humanity managed to vent into space.
2. humanity has got terraforming projects going on earth.
3. humanity managed to lang robots onto the planetary surfaces.

That's a good start.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:04 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:00 pm

So either

Alien microbes produce gas on Venus

or

our science doesn't yet know every reason or cause why a certain gas might exist on Venus

not sure which explanation seems more plausible
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Imagine an intergalactic league.

Bayern Munich Vs ⏚⏃⍀☊⟒⌰⍜⋏⏃

ffs can't wait

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Gnabry to score a brace away :bow:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:22 pm

aliens would kick our ass, Earth is stupidity and mediocrity 101 rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Imagine an intergalactic league.

Bayern Munich Vs ⏚⏃⍀☊⟒⌰⍜⋏⏃  

ffs can't wait

( Ilaria D'Amico, journalist and Buffon's wife , to Jose Mourinho )

Space Exploration & Discoveries - Page 4 EFNuzMWXUAA_bNp?format=jpg&name=medium
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:30 am

Funny this is that they've probably had this inkling since about 10-15 years and been able to confirm the gas in the past 5. They're just being able to finally come out and say the word "Might".

Lot of work still to be done but again hilarious how the media spins everything they say.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:12 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/ismhzh/hints_of_life_spotted_on_venus_researchers_have/g58oqsr

Great post on the discovery, very informative
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:06 pm

Another Rover on Mars.

James Webb due Oct 2021.

2024 Moon Artemis permanent.

Looking good for our constant progress as one species outside the Earth.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:07 pm

Time for a sequel to The Martian
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Time for a sequel to The Martian

Won't work imo, Damon already exhausted all good things in one movie Mad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Last edited by Harmonica on Sun May 02, 2021 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:00 am

Mars Helicopter had problem in the last test, and the first out of planet flight is delayed.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:02 pm

Arches of Chaos: New Superhighway Network Discovered to Travel Through the Solar System Much Faster
https://scitechdaily.com/arches-of-chaos-new-superhighway-network-discovered-to-travel-through-the-solar-system-much-faster/
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun May 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 02, 2021 7:34 pm

Harmonica wrote:

Is it still delayed? What's the latest date?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun May 02, 2021 11:13 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Is it still delayed? What's the latest date?
Which one? James Webb Space Telescope is still scheduled for october launch I think, and should be working like in half a year after that. The Extremely Large Telescope should be online in 2025.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu May 06, 2021 11:48 pm

https://www.universetoday.com/151004/smallest-closest-black-hole-ever-discovered-is-only-1500-light-years-away/
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:33 pm

And so it begins.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:56 am

It's bullshit these blionares are taking trips to space while avoiding their taxes here. Immoral.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next