Jonathan28
Kaladin
31 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:19 am

General Games Discussion - Page 26 Tumblr_nul3scjnU81u3i8amo1_400

Salty PS fanboys mad that they're stuck with hella average game like Killzone for their console exclusive shooter. Don't let all the salt drown you guys, just buy an XBO and come join me in Warzone, you'll love it Smile

Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:50 am

Halo and Killzone both suck ass lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:20 am

Battlefront is shit
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:33 am

Says the guy who never played it and has made it quite clear he dislikes Star Wars lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:45 am

I've played it lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:47 am

You didn't play with me so it doesn't count imo hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:54 am

Jonathan28 wrote:Halo 5 omg, MP is amazing. I haven't even touched the  Campaign yet lol,  I'll get round to it eventually, but for now Warzone is just out of this world. The King of console shooters is back!

Is it really?

I'm a proud Halo nerd so I hope it is truly back.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:30 am

Dat Battlefront hate Laughing. I'll probably pick it up sometime down the line but most of my time will be focused on Halo and Falout 4.

izzy wrote:
Jonathan28 wrote:Halo 5 omg, MP is amazing. I haven't even touched the  Campaign yet lol,  I'll get round to it eventually, but for now Warzone is just out of this world. The King of console shooters is back!

Is it really?

I haven't touched the Campaign yet but the MP is brilliant, best experience since Halo 2, if not outright the best ever. I've literally been camped in Warzone since the servers went up lol, and I have no intention of leaving anytime soon.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:32 am

[quote="Jonathan28"]Dat Battlefront hate Laughing. I'll probably pick it up sometime down the line but most of my time will be focused on Halo and Fallout 4.

izzy wrote:

Is it really?

I haven't touched the Campaign yet but the MP is brilliant, best experience since Halo 2, if not outright the best ever. I've literally been camped in Warzone since the servers went up lol, and I have no intention of leaving anytime soon.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 am

I'm happy for Halo. I've seen IGN's review (in progress) praising the multiplayer especially Warzone. Like Jonathan, they said it's the best since Halo 2. I hardly remember anything about Halo 2 but Halo 3 and Reach were brilliant on MP and if Halo 5 is even better then it's the best MP shooter of this gen so far.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Need for Speed is out on EA Access, I'll try it out and let you guys know whether it's worth buying when it releases.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:37 pm

New WWE game is actually getting good reviews lol.

With the new limited reversal system and a much higher overall production value, WWE 2K16 is the competent fighter we always knew it could be.

the result is a generally positive experience that helps renew faith in yearly WWE installments. In fact, WWE 2K16 is so comprehensive, I imagine people will have trouble finding reasons to upgrade to WWE 2K17 next year.

I think my brain just imploded.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:59 pm

M99 wrote:I'm happy for Halo. I've seen IGN's review (in progress) praising the multiplayer especially Warzone. Like Jonathan, they said it's the best since Halo 2. I hardly remember anything about Halo 2 but Halo 3 and Reach were brilliant on MP and if Halo 5 is even better then it's the best MP shooter of this gen so far.
I envy xbox fans for this. Miss my fps fix ffs

Battlefront can't come soon enough..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:04 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Titanfall 2 coming 2017. FML. Time to pull a Cartman.

General Games Discussion - Page 26 Yngcs51fhablcib7pipr
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:Need for Speed is out on EA Access, I'll try it out and let you guys know whether it's worth buying when it releases.

You tried it out, yet?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Check this out, Red Very Happy

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:22 am

Pre ordering... never again. Not only is it bad for the industry but the frustration of having spent money and not being able to benefit from spending that money is driving me crazy.

Fallout 4 SMH
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:14 am

Warframe is awful. Tried to get into it but it seems like one of those 2D flash games who are trying to copy a AAA game. That video fails to mention how heavily warframe depends on microtransition regarding those 'unique' weapons Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:15 am

@phritz

where is that video you promised of witcher 3 on your new pc
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:20 am

too busy with a skyrim that looks better :3
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:34 am

RealGunner wrote:Warframe is awful. Tried to get into it but it seems like one of those 2D flash games who are trying to copy a AAA game. That video fails to mention how heavily warframe depends on microtransition regarding those 'unique' weapons Laughing

I've never played it. Don't really expect much from an indie developer of "free to play" games. I was expecting Red to go on a rant about how flawless Destiny is, though hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:58 am

Thimmy wrote:
Jonathan28 wrote:Need for Speed is out on EA Access, I'll try it out and let you guys know whether it's worth buying when it releases.

You tried it out, yet?

Ah sorry man, I wrote up my impressions last night in MS Word and forgot to post them here lol.

The first thing you'll notice when driving around is the lack of traffic. There's like zero traffic, maybe one car every 500 meters of racing, even on the freeways. The game also sometimes drops below 30 fps(i'll touch on this later) but it's really pretty to look at, I'll give them that.

The tuning aspect is a pain because you need level 50 to actually unlock all visual tuning options. You unlock new tuning aspects every couple of levels. The gameplay is ok, but too many of the game modes are just drifting, and the rubberbanding bah gawd, the AI can potentially drive by you going at 400 kp/h in a Mazda whilst you're racing along at max 250 kp/h in the same car,  it's just ridiculous. Like I said before there's definitely more drift events than regular racing and they all take place on the same five or six roads.

The story is ok, I won't spoil it. Be warned, you cannot skip all the cutscene's, you must sit through some of them.

Getting cops to hunt you is incredibly annoying. First they are hard to find. You can cause mayhem in the city but no one cares. If you manage to find them (I found them twice in 3 hours LOL) you actually have to slow down for them to be able to go after you, they get easily lost in corners. If you go straight you'll get away easily.

One annoying thing is the almost complete lack of any rumble. You have to hit walls really hard for it to work. Or have spinning wheels(donuts). But basic racing has zero haptic feedback.

I'm at 67 % completion after 7 hours, so I'm pretty much at the endgame content. I own an endgame car (160.000 McLaren) and tuning doesn't help much tbh, winning is pretty much dependent on luck now, the rubberbanding is out of control at this stage of the game . It doesn't help that the framerate issues I mentioned earlier seem to be directly tied to how fast a car you are driving. In the McLaren I have lots of drops to 20 to 25 frames, it seems to be related to streaming the world, my car is going so fast that the world doesn't have time to load properly lol.

Also some control frames are dropped as well, so sometimes you end up going straight in a wall when you're actually going round a corner because the game just forgets that you were steering into the corner and only remembers one second later during which you have no steering control at all. LOL.

It's not a bad game, it's just not super amazing in any way either. I'm expecting ratings between 6/10 and 7/10. FMVs are pretty frontloaded, at a certain point you're basically told to do X races for each person before any progression FMV-wise happens.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:04 am

Phritz wrote:Pre ordering... never again. Not only is it bad for the industry but the frustration of having spent money and not being able to benefit from spending that money is driving me crazy.

Fallout 4 SMH

Why is it bad for industry? surely it's the opposite considering you are basically paying upfront before the game is released lol.

I personally don't have an issue with pre orders as it is very easy to tell before hand if i will like a game or not.

IIRC the only two games i have pre ordered this year is Witcher 3 and Battlefront, i knew i was gonna love Witcher 3 from the minute it was announced and Battlefront beta basically confirmed my interest in that so...
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:30 am

Jonathan28 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

You tried it out, yet?

Ah sorry man, I wrote up my impressions last night in MS Word and forgot to post them here lol.

The first thing you'll notice when driving around is the lack of traffic. There's like zero traffic, maybe one car every 500 meters of racing, even on the freeways. The game also sometimes drops below 30 fps(i'll touch on this later) but it's really pretty to look at, I'll give them that.

The tuning aspect is a pain because you need level 50 to actually unlock all visual tuning options. You unlock new tuning aspects every couple of levels. The gameplay is ok, but too many of the game modes are just drifting, and the rubberbanding bah gawd, the AI can potentially drive by you going at 400 kp/h in a Mazda whilst you're racing along at max 250 kp/h in the same car,  it's just ridiculous. Like I said before there's definitely more drift events than regular racing and they all take place on the same five or six roads.

The story is ok, I won't spoil it. Be warned, you cannot skip all the cutscene's, you must sit through some of them.

Getting cops to hunt you is incredibly annoying. First they are hard to find. You can cause mayhem in the city but no one cares. If you manage to find them (I found them twice in 3 hours LOL) you actually have to slow down for them to be able to go after you, they get easily lost in corners. If you go straight you'll get away easily.

One annoying thing is the almost complete lack of any rumble. You have to hit walls really hard for it to work. Or have spinning wheels(donuts). But basic racing has zero haptic feedback.

I'm at 67 % completion after 7 hours, so I'm pretty much at the endgame content. I own an endgame car (160.000 McLaren) and tuning doesn't help much tbh, winning is pretty much dependent on luck now, the rubberbanding is out of control at this stage of the game . It doesn't help that the framerate issues I mentioned earlier seem to be directly tied to how fast a car you are driving. In the McLaren I have lots of drops to 20 to 25 frames, it seems to be related to streaming the world, my car is going so fast that the world doesn't have time to load properly lol.

Also some control frames are dropped as well, so sometimes you end up going straight in a wall when you're actually going round a corner because the game just forgets that you were steering into the corner and only remembers one second later during which you have no steering control at all. LOL.

It's not a bad game, it's just not super amazing in any way either. I'm expecting ratings between 6/10 and 7/10. FMVs are pretty frontloaded, at a certain point you're basically told to do X races for each person before any progression FMV-wise happens.

Thanks for sharing your impressions Thumbs up I doubt that I'll be getting it, based on what you've told me. I had a lot of fun playing Need for Speed Underground online on PC, a long time ago. Their games just haven't been the same since. They add tons of new features and stuff, but their focus seem to have shifted towards other things over the years. I just miss the basic online competitive aspect of Need for Speed, which they don't seem to prioritize much these days. I read that EA promised to really step up their game with this one, but it doesn't sound like they did. Come to think of it, EA has a habit of promising tons and delivering nothing but hype. Looks like it's just yet another game franchise that's riding on past fame.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:09 am

Mentioned this in Witcher 3 thread but might as well list the other Golden Joystick awards here hmm

Winners list

Best Original game: Bloodborne
Best Storytelling: The Witcher 3
Best Visual Design: The Witcher 3
Best Multiplayer: GTA
Best Indie game: Kerbal Space Program
Best Audio: Ori and the Blind Forest
Best Family Game: Splatoon
Best Gaming Moment: The Witcher 3 - Bloody Baron quest
Gaming Personality: Pewdiepie
Esports Icon: Anders Blume
Studio of the year: CD Projekt Red