Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
jibers
LeBéninois
futbol
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who will win and who should win (multiple choice, don't mess it up you plebs)

UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_lcap48%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 13 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA Best Player in Europe Award

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:21 pm

futbol wrote:
jibers wrote:

That's because he is the main man. As I siad put Neymar in CRs postion and he wouldn't get the same number of goals because CR can score from a variety of different passes and is simply a better finisher.

I don't really care about the award tbh. Everyone knows Messi is the best. CR will probably not even attend Laughing

Ronaldo is a better finisher right now but only slightly. If player A scores 0.93 goals per 90 minutes but wins nothing and player B scores 0.84 but wins a treble and scores in both quarter finals, both semi finals and the final, something that was done more than 50 years ago the last time, then player A's slightly better goalscoring prowess can't be the argument to place him above player B for such an award.

In general I don't believe Neymar wouldn't be able to reach the same number of goals if he were the main man at Madrid and took freekicks and penalties. 40 goals easily. His constant movement into goalscoring positions is way too good and Madrid create too many chances. He isn't as good in the air? Then Madrid will play more on the ground instead of crossing. Bale scored 17 goals in the worst season ever where Madrid fans want to stone him. Laughing

It's not slightly. Using shots to goal ratio is a bit daft. CR takes more shots form everywhere but one on ones its no competition. I would back CR to score most one on ones, Neymar, I would be wary.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA Best Player in Europe Award

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Casciavit wrote:These days I'd say Ronaldo's finishing inside the box is better than Messi's IMO.

It is, but so is Neymar's and Suarez tbh. That wasn't the point though.

Those two are above any type of criticism now, but if their team mates miss half the chances it gets blown up beyond proportion.

Ronaldo and Messi misses a lot more sitters than you think they do and Neymar and Benzema don't miss anywhere near as much they just take a higher volume so can make up for it.

If Ronaldo has 4 chances in the box and scores the winner with one of them no one will bring it up and same with Messi, Neymar and Benzema do it because it's rare they get as many as chances and it's OMG they missed all those sitters again.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm not using the amount of shots. I'm going by what was actually scored.

Ronaldo: 0.93 goals per 90 minutes.
Neymar: 0.84 goals per 90 minutes.

That's "slightly". Ronaldo playing every game and getting 200 penalties every season just makes his absolute tally look much superior.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Casciavit wrote:These days I'd say Ronaldo's finishing inside the box is better than Messi's IMO.

Yeah. Sometimes it strikes me how can he miss so much of really easy chances.

2012 was his peak in terms of finishing. Still can't believe we've not won neither of La Liga and CL with Messi alone scoring 72 goals that season.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:00 pm

A lot of fanboys in this thread. Laughing

UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 3 P7wPxGt

Dat outside penaldo area though. Shocked
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:17 pm

Why are you showing me a statistic from 2010/2011 - 2013/14, when I specifically referred to last season?

I watched most Barca and Madrid games last season and Ronaldo was more clinical in the box than Messi was. Messi's finishing last season was average, especially in the beginning of the season. Lets not forget his woeful finishing at Copa America either.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Casciavit wrote:Why are you showing me a statistic from 2010/2011 - 2013/14, when I specifically referred to last season?

I watched most Barca and Madrid games last season and Ronaldo was more clinical in the box than Messi was. Messi's finishing last season was average, especially in the beginning of the season. Lets not forget his woeful finishing at Copa America either.

Why are you even bothering...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Casciavit wrote:Why are you showing me a statistic from 2010/2011 - 2013/14, when I specifically referred to last season?

ffs Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:32 pm

Oh yeah, it just magically changed last season. Laughing And lets overstate with one extra competition. Typical fanboy arguments without any concrete evidence.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Harmonica wrote:

Oh yeah, it just magically changed last season. Laughing And lets overstate with one extra competition. Typical fanboy arguments without any concrete evidence.

How is he fanboy when he says Messi is better than CR? What next, Pique is a fanboy for putting CR in his best 11 as well? Messi's grandfather is a fanboy for saying Messi flopped in copa final?

Do me a favour pls, get out of here...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:37 pm

We are all Ronaldo fanboys here

Probably part of the refdrid-uefadrid-fifadrid 4-3-3 formation with Ronaldo fanboys as the defensive trequartista (:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:40 pm

La Liga 14-15 goals/shots excl. penaldos inside penaldo area:

Messi 34/122 or 28%
Cronaldo 33/122 or 27%

Factor in that Messi is twice more marked player, and creates most of his own chances, and it's not even remotely close what you're saying.

Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lomka Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Actually Messi can do what ronaldo does in the box plus he can dribble and chip goalkeepers easily. CR scored more tapins last season maybe this is the reason he looked better finisher. Messi shared those tapins with neymar and suarez and played behind them
CR didnt shoot from everywhere last season. It was 3 years ago.

Neymar is not a great finisher. There are probably 10 better finishers than him today

Lomka
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:45 pm

jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

How is he fanboy when he says Messi is better than CR? What next, Pique is a fanboy for putting CR in his best 11 as well? Messi's grandfather is a fanboy  for saying Messi flopped in copa final?

Do you now what a fanboy is? It's not a fan of something, but someone who bases his opinion on delusion on something. Now crawl back to your fanboy cave. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Lomka wrote:Neymar is not a great finisher. There are probably 10 better finishers than him today

Errrm... No.

How can someone who scores 40 goals in a season not be a great finisher?

44 goals in 64 games for Brazil. Crap finisher! All tap ins!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lomka Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:55 pm

linetty wrote:
Lomka wrote:Neymar is not a great finisher. There are probably 10 better finishers than him today

Errrm... No.

How can someone who scores 40 goals in a season not be a great finisher?

44 goals in 64 games for Brazil. Crap finisher! All tap ins!
it doesnt matter. Yesterday Rafinha played there and scored too. Then pedro came and he scored too. seems in that position everyone can score

Lomka
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
How is he fanboy when he says Messi is better than CR? What next, Pique is a fanboy for putting CR in his best 11 as well? Messi's grandfather is a fanboy  for saying Messi flopped in copa final?

Do you now what a fanboy is? It's not a fan of something, but someone who bases his opinion on delusion on something. Now crawl back to your fanboy cave. rofl

Spoiler:

Last edited by rwo power on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I would appreciate if you don't pose useless extra long posts with empty spaces. Better use spoilers for that - rwo)
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:00 pm

Neymar ain't a great finisher. He misses a sitter every game ffs. He's the same as Costa, great goalscorers but just slightly above average finishers.

An elite finisher is someone like Milito, Messi, Raul or Higuain (YES). Clinical players that can score from just about any angle with an abnormally high conversion rate.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Jibers pls those kind of posts just make the thread a mess.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lomka Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:20 pm

Neymar is a great footballer top 3 or sometimes top 2 player in the world. His downside is finishing or maybe decision making at finishing. If neymar had cr's finishing then he would be considered better player because he is better at everything else. But he is not same level finisher

Finishing is part of goalscoring process.finishing is accuracy, decision making and placing the ball. You can be a bad finisher but score many goals because you are a great goalscorer. Bad finisher with super fast speed with great positioning and great dribbling can score many goals thx to those abilities

Lomka
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:28 pm

If only we'd spend as much energy posting in threads of any kind of interest.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:33 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If only we'd spend as much energy posting in threads of any kind of interest.

This thread is interesting tbh. Today I learned Higuain is a better finisher than Neymar. (:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:42 pm

Lomka wrote:Neymar is a great footballer top 3 or sometimes top 2 player in the world. His downside is finishing or maybe decision making at finishing. If neymar had cr's finishing then he would be considered better player because he is better at everything else. But he is not same level finisher

Finishing is part of goalscoring process.finishing is accuracy, decision making and placing the ball. You can be a bad finisher but score many goals because you are a great goalscorer. Bad finisher with super fast speed with great positioning and great dribbling can score many goals thx to those abilities

Hi billion million. How are you ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:43 pm

futbol wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:If only we'd spend as much energy posting in threads of any kind of interest.

This thread is interesting tbh. Today I learned Higuain is a better finisher than Neymar. (:

tbf I wrote what I wrote here and then went on to post a nonsensical troll post in a Dnmac thread.

I'm not exactly walking the walk
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:27 pm

Messi should and will win.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Gil wrote:Neymar ain't a great finisher. He misses a sitter every game ffs. He's the same as Costa, great goalscorers but just slightly above average finishers.

An elite finisher is someone like Milito, Messi, Raul or Higuain (YES). Clinical players that can score from just about any angle with an abnormally high conversion rate.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next