Hapless_Hans
Thimmy
jibers
12 posters

Go down

Super Deception Empty Super Deception

Post by jibers Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:21 am

Super Deception The-front-sport-aug-15-2015

If they win it will they be the greatest team of all time? I rate their chances of attaining this historic achievement...
Spoiler:

Last edited by jibers on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:33 am; edited 2 times in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Super Deception Empty Re: Super Deception

Post by Thimmy Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:31 am

It's possible. I do hope they'll meet stronger opposition in the CL this season than they did last season, though. I mean, no offense to juve supporters, but I firmly believe that Barca were a bit lucky with both Bayern and Real Madrid struggling with injuries. As for the league, it's highly likely that they'll win it again, unless Real Madrid really step up their game from last season. I have a feeling that won't happen under Benitez. I'm hoping Atletico will fight for the title, but I have my doubts about it. If they manage to win the sextuple, it will go down in the history books, but that alone won't make them the greatest team of all time, in my opinion.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:39 am

Thimmy wrote: I do hope they'll meet stronger opposition in the CL this season than they did last season, though. I mean, no offense to juve supporters, but I firmly believe that Barca were a bit lucky with both Bayern and Real Madrid struggling with injuries.
Injuries or not, they kicked out the reigning champions of the Premier League, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and then Serie A, one after the other.
Don't know how you can possibly get stronger opposition on a way to a CL win.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:49 am

Jibers I remember you said there's no such thing as a calendar year sextuple. Unless you're suggesting we win back to back trebles?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:54 am

That's true. I'd rather have Real Madrid face Europe's top teams + weakened Bayern and Barca sides, than fodder teams all the way up to the semis against a full-strength Bayern and possibly a final against a full-strength Barca, though. No disrespect to the rest of Europe's elite teams, but take any of Barca, Bayern and Real Madrid out of the equation and suddenly the competition looks very balanced. With both Bayern and Real Madrid struggling with injuries, it suddenly made the path to the CL trophy quite a lot easier for Barca. Of course, that's part of the game and Barca more than deserved to win it. Hell, they might've even won it anyway, but I'd definitely prefer to see that all of the top teams had played under optimal circumstances.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:01 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Jibers I remember you said there's no such thing as a calendar year sextuple. Unless you're suggesting we win back to back trebles?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33939433
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:04 am

Right. My point is that even if Barca were to go on and win the Spanish Supercup and the International CWC you wouldn't recognize it anyways, as you do not recognize the Pep era one.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:12 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Right. My point is that even if Barca were to go on and win the Spanish Supercup and the International CWC you wouldn't recognize it anyways, as you do not recognize the Pep era one.
If they lose the supercup, they won't win the sextuple either way...

Also what makes you think I'm referring to calender year? They are challenging 5 more trophies in 15/16. If they lose this they can only get a quintuple. Bizarre statement.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:31 am

This season will be lol for us to be honest have you seen our depth?

I could already see it were 1-0 down against either Madrid/Bayern, making our first substitution on comes Sergi Roberto to save the day! Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:42 am

Laughing

Leo Messi says he "cannot trust Barca teammates" after Bilbao defeat & there's "too much pressure on me to perform."

https://twitter.com/MaiIFootball/status/632315512081526784/photo/1
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:54 am

Dat thread name change Laughing
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:58 am

Curtinho wrote:Laughing

Leo Messi says he "cannot trust Barca teammates" after Bilbao defeat & there's "too much pressure on me to perform."

https://twitter.com/MaiIFootball/status/632315512081526784/photo/1

Reliable source is reliable.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:14 am

It's a fake account lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:38 am

Thimmy wrote:It's possible. I do hope they'll meet stronger opposition in the CL this season than they did last season, though. I mean, no offense to juve supporters, but I firmly believe that Barca were a bit lucky with both Bayern and Real Madrid struggling with injuries. As for the league, it's highly likely that they'll win it again, unless Real Madrid really step up their game from last season. I have a feeling that won't happen under Benitez. I'm hoping Atletico will fight for the title, but I have my doubts about it. If they manage to win the sextuple, it will go down in the history books, but that alone won't make them the greatest team of all time, in my opinion.

injuries are part of the game. as much as i hate barcelona, that's not a good excuse. moreover, the tough opposition part? they played champs of england, italy, germany, france.....last year's tragedy was more of us getting foolish than barcelona being lucky. we got comfortable at xmas and payed the price. to be honest, even without injuries, i didn't like our chances; when the most creative/innovative player on the team is a left back, suarez is scoring more goals even though he was out for months than everyone on our team besides cristiano, there's no engine replacement for di maria who was crucial, it was always going to be a recipe for disaster. we only have ourselves to blame for that....and i hope regardless of the form of our rivals, we improve this time out
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:25 am

Yes hence the capital I instead of the l, but it's still funny.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:33 am

titosantill wrote:
Thimmy wrote:It's possible. I do hope they'll meet stronger opposition in the CL this season than they did last season, though. I mean, no offense to juve supporters, but I firmly believe that Barca were a bit lucky with both Bayern and Real Madrid struggling with injuries. As for the league, it's highly likely that they'll win it again, unless Real Madrid really step up their game from last season. I have a feeling that won't happen under Benitez. I'm hoping Atletico will fight for the title, but I have my doubts about it. If they manage to win the sextuple, it will go down in the history books, but that alone won't make them the greatest team of all time, in my opinion.

injuries are part of the game. as much as i hate barcelona, that's not a good excuse. moreover, the tough opposition part? they played champs of england, italy, germany, france.....last year's tragedy was more of us getting foolish than barcelona being lucky. we got comfortable at xmas and payed the price. to be honest, even without injuries, i didn't like our chances; when the most creative/innovative player on the team is a left back, suarez is scoring more goals even though he was out for months than everyone on our team besides cristiano, there's no engine replacement for di maria who was crucial, it was always going to be a recipe for disaster. we only have ourselves to blame for that....and i hope regardless of the form of our rivals, we improve this time out

Excuse? How did I give you the impression that I was making an excuse for something? Forget that I'm a Real Madrid supporter, I wasn't trying to make excuses as to why Real Madrid didn't win it, if that's what you think. that would be ridiculous. I don't even know why you'd assume that. Real Madrid had been performing like utter crap throughout the majority of the season, and I wouldn't have been surprised, nor disappointed if they'd been steamrolled by Juventus in the first leg of the tie between them. As far as I'm concerned, I was one of the few pessimists in the pre-match thread for the Juventus tie, and I was very prepared that they weren't going to win anything in the past season. There's no excuse for performing horribly over the course of almost a whole season. My point stands, though, that Barca were a little bit lucky that their two biggest and (in my opinion) most difficult opponents were struggling with injuries. Sure, it's part of the game, but that doesn't change anything.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:53 am

my point is these things happen, and they sort of cancel themselves out. i don't like harping on "one team got lucky cos of this or that". once again injuries, fitness, suspensions, they're all part of the game, every team that wins needs skill, hard-work and a little luck....(some times hard-work and a little luck more than skill). but look at it this way, had we performed better, barcelona fans could say "it was because of the off-field problems they had; sacking zubi, transfer ban, neymar-gate, etc"....having lost all 3 competitions despite all that is a disgrace on our part, a huge disgrace. i consider winning the champions league/ a treble as fate more than luck. btw i'm not suggesting you're making excuses for last season, i was just speaking generally....no true madrid fan can make an excuse for that disaster and the fact the rivals ended up with another treble
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:46 am

I always wondered though why does anyone care about this sextuple stuff?

Super cup trophies are basically the same as community shield lol, who cares honestly? And world club championship ain't much better.

Only thing that matters is the league, major cup and CL, the rest is nonsense and not even major trophies imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:50 am

Yeah it's big for a club like Bilbao but not for Barca.

It's still nice to win everything either way hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:53 am

Even Bilbao ask them would they have rather won last night or the cup final in May? Pretty obvious what the answer would have been.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:55 am

Of course they'd answer cup final in May because right now they still have to play the second leg and can still lose out tbh

But i know what you mean.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I always wondered though why does anyone care about this sextuple stuff?

Super cup trophies are basically the same as community shield lol, who cares honestly? And world club championship ain't much better.

Only thing that matters is the league, major cup and CL, the rest is nonsense and not even major trophies imo.

its just one of those things fan-boys like to have for bragging rights. the world club cup is the one i hate the most, flying around the world in the middle of the season, to play two games, is a waste of time, energy, fuel, money etc. it made sense in the old days as europe vs s. america, cos of the rivalry and south american players we heard of but hadn't seen. the first time i saw zico play was against liverpool in the world club cup (different name then), i always heard about and read about him but we didn't get coverage of the brazilian league, so it was like another planet out there....

now these are just hyped up friendlies, where the ucl champs are expected to win. (although some former liverpool players claim they didn't take the game against zico's flamengo seriously, "yeah right")
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Competitive players want to win every game. Its not a matter of which would they rather win. Theyd rather win both. Always love these dumb excuses for big losses.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:26 pm

@curtinho, not making any excuses, i'm speaking from a fan's perspective... players play to win, no barcelona fan can tell me they didn't take their 4 nil ass whooping seriously or their game against sevilla. when we were playing these competitions last season i complained about them too, players aren't robots, especially when we had to fly to morocco for the the world club cup, then some "genius", maybe florentino decided we needed to go and play ac milan in dubai (i think we played psg that year as well in doha or the year before). ofcourse players took all those games seriously, but it takes its toll
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down