Munchie89
salmano9
S
DeviAngel
Luca
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Your Starting 11? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Starting 11?

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:21 am

djfawnz wrote:Chiellini peaked? loooooooooololololololololooooooooooooooolllllllll. Oh lord.....

i think its his opinion and you should stop using such techniques to argue/debate, if you don't think so just quote whoever said so and state otherwise with a reasonable opinion than the way you did.

elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:10 am

Most of the times that I post on the site is from my mobile. The mobile site does not have any features for quoting or something extra. Chiellini is not only Juventus' best defender, not only Italy's best, but it is one of the top 5 defenders in the world. I think anybody with a decent football knowledge can agree to that. He still has at least 2 more years as an optimum defender.
You can talk about Barzagli or Lichsteiner declining, but Chiellini? Based on what assumptions? Juventus has one of the best defense in Europe. Has only had a difference of two goals -2 in any match of the last 4 years (meaning Juve has never lost for more than two goals in about 6 or 7 losses in 4 years.

And if someone says that it is because Serie A sucks well, Serie A had more goals scored than in Premier last year. Moreover, If im not mistaken, Juve had the best defensive record in CL last year (but i could be wrong though, could be top 3).

I think this is more than enough reasons to laugh when someone says that Chiellini peaked two or three YEARS ago. Common now.....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:32 am

djfawnz wrote:Most of the times that I post on the site is from my mobile. The mobile site does not have any features for quoting or something extra. Chiellini is not only Juventus' best defender, not only Italy's best, but it is one of the top 5 defenders in the world. I think anybody with a decent football knowledge can agree to that. He still has at least 2 more years as an optimum defender.
You can talk about Barzagli or Lichsteiner declining, but Chiellini? Based on what assumptions? Juventus has one of the best defense in Europe. Has only had a difference of two goals -2 in any match of the last 4 years (meaning Juve has never lost for more than two goals in about 6 or 7 losses in 4 years.

And if someone says that it is because Serie A sucks well, Serie A had more goals scored than in Premier last year. Moreover, If im not mistaken, Juve had the best defensive record in CL last year (but i could be wrong though, could be top 3).

I think this is more than enough reasons to laugh when someone says that Chiellini peaked two or three YEARS ago. Common now.....

Because Chiellini always *bleep* up our offside traps, makes silly fouls inside the box. Watch our last 2-3 CL campaigns and you'll notice that.

Barzagli, Thiago Silva, are way ahead of Chiellini for example. He is declining but remains quality option. HE is not average by any mean but not the player he was.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:54 am

DeviAngel wrote:
djfawnz wrote:Most of the times that I post on the site is from my mobile. The mobile site does not have any features for quoting or something extra. Chiellini is not only Juventus' best defender, not only Italy's best, but it is one of the top 5 defenders in the world. I think anybody with a decent football knowledge can agree to that. He still has at least 2 more years as an optimum defender.

Because Chiellini always *bleep* up our offside traps, makes silly fouls inside the box. Watch our last 2-3 CL campaigns and you'll notice that.

Barzagli, Thiago Silva, are way ahead of Chiellini for example. He is declining but remains quality option. HE is not average by any mean but not the player he was.

I don't think Barzagli is better
Thiago Silva has had his fair share of mistakes

However, I do agree. Chiellini has made some colossal errors. I don't believe the offside trap is one of them, but some poor challenges which have been costly. I still love Chiellini though, on his day he is an incredible defender

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:03 am

If I went back in time and seen my 2 years younger self and told me/him that Bonucci would grow to be our most important defender, i'd have gotten in to a violent fight with myself. But somehow, it's true. With Barzagli's constant fitness issues and Chiellini losing his shit in big moments, Bonucci has stepped his game up.

I don't really care who's our 'best' CB because we're stacked as hell in that department. What other team could run a 3 man CB system so well and have no real weak link when all 3 CBs are fit, then you have Caceres who's good enough as a step in and one day Rugani should in theory be good enough to find his way in to our XI.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

I don't think Barzagli is better
Thiago Silva has had his fair share of mistakes

However, I do agree. Chiellini has made some colossal errors. I don't believe the offside trap is one of them, but some poor challenges which have been costly. I still love Chiellini though, on his day he is an incredible defender

I don't know bro, Barzagli's positioning > Chiellini in fact its one of the best I've seen since Thuram. A fit and healthy Barzagli is ahead of anyone at the moment but he is old. Bonucci is our star and best defender.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Agree with Devi, Barzagli's positioning is superb compared to our other defenders, too bad he peaked late.

As for Chiellini I think he is declining but still a great defender, we are lucky Bonucci has improved so much lately while having Caceres as back up and a potential WC defender on bench.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3