futbol
The Franchise
windkick
44 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by futbol Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:41 am

windkick wrote:Not a single player, with all of our scouting and networks around the planet can find a better player than Nolito for what Celta is asking?

lmao As if "just scouting better" could so easily find you a better player than Nolito. We're talking about the best attacking player in La Liga outside of the big two. 33 goals and 20 assists in 71 starts + big performances against both Barca and Madrid while playing for a club like Celta from the wing is bordering on world class form. He's actually way too good to sit on the bench for Barca. Could start for any team bar Madrid, Bayern and Barca. Luckily he's 29 which doesn't make him that attractive for many clubs but for Barca' purposes as a backup player and not a main player that's no issue at all. He can become another Larsson.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:21 pm

linetty wrote:Nolito is proven in La Liga, he played for Barcelona already and wouldn't act like a primadonna when he has to sit on the bench he sits.

Turan is also 28 I believe. And he's doing fine. So stop with this crap that age is so important for you. We need a bench warmer for the MSN era. He seems the perfect fit for me. + I trust LE and I realize this isn't FIFA career mode.

Many proven players have been a resound fail. IMO, He'll be a mediocre signing and when he gets so little playing time he'll regress and not be a bigger improvement on Munir or Sandro.

Turan is doing just fine as unnecessary was his signing.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:47 pm

futbol wrote:
windkick wrote:Not a single player, with all of our scouting and networks around the planet can find a better player than Nolito for what Celta is asking?

lmao As if "just scouting better" could so easily find you a better player than Nolito. We're talking about the best attacking player in La Liga outside of the big two. 33 goals and 20 assists in 71 starts + big performances against both Barca and Madrid while playing for a club like Celta from the wing is bordering on world class form. He's actually way too good to sit on the bench for Barca. Could start for any team bar Madrid, Bayern and Barca. Luckily he's 29 which doesn't make him that attractive for many clubs but for Barca' purposes as a backup player and not a main player that's no issue at all. He can become another Larsson.

100% agree.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:54 pm

Donuts wrote:
futbol wrote:

100% agree.

Also, even with best scouts and other shit it is impossible to find (let alone sign up) the best player for every position. What the heck, Windkick, this isnt football manager.

Just dont worry too much and get on with what you get. The future will sort itself out.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Ha, Nolito best possible option per Cule fans logic it is?

Mind you I said a few pages back and most of the season I had no real issue with Nolito as a signing. My point is that I don't like our long term plan and spending so much on older players. Especially when we are asking teams to LOAN us players because we cant afford transfers, yet look at what we paid for some players (look at Mathieu, 1 season with us and is already looking like he is regressing). So it's more of a dig at how the club is allocating it's money when they are blatantly struggling given our massive wages

I am more so cappin on our board for being so narrow minded when it comes to pretty much everything they do. Had they not been blessed with Pep who promoted and built a winning side  we would probably be total crap. We are lucky to have MSN, and Xaviestamesi before that; or our board would of built a legit shitty ass team if they would of started this project from scratch.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 pm

who would you recommend we buy than?
we need a forward substitute, who do you think is a better option than nolito?

long term plan?
-----------------------MaTS (23)
vidal(26)----Pique(28)-----????----------alba(26)
---------------------Buscuit(27)
---------Rakitic(27)-------------Turan(29)
Messi(28)---------Suarez(29)--------Neymar(23)

realistically we only need a young starting centerback which rumors say we are looking for one

and next season if none of our youth players work out then a longterm striker replacement for suarez (even at 30 most strikers are still effective)

we don't need a team filled with 21-23 year olds

our whole backline minus mascherano has another 5 years left in them easily
midfield? 3-4 years left of high quality minus turan which is fine because sergi roberto.
attack? messi wont retire anytime soon suarez has 2-3 years left neymar 10 years left
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:34 pm

Donuts wrote:who would you recommend we buy than?

long term plan?

realistically we only need a young starting centerback which rumors say we are looking for one

and next season if none of our youth players work out then a longterm striker replacement for suarez (even at 30 most strikers are still effective)

midfield? 3-4 years left of high quality minus turan which is fine because sergi roberto.
attack? messi wont retire anytime soon suarez has 2-3 years left neymar 10 years left

that's not how it works though. by going with what you said in 4 years the average age of the first 11 will be around 31. that's too old. suarez is already slow imagine him in 3 years. 2 of the 3 strikers will be too slow. add to that 2 old midfielders and 3 30+ defenders. this is a team with nearly unlimited funds we're talking about. I expect from the current crop only busquets, messi and Neymar to be around in 2020.

i'd be happy with that though.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:06 pm

You get what I'm saying.

And I don't know who is better, my point is I don't have multiple resources to scout the planet for the best possible fit for us. FC Barcelona does, and it looks like they just go by whatever player we once had that is shinning.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:08 pm

You guys are wasting your energies thinking about pointless stuff. Who would have thought back in 2012 when we had just bought Alexis and Fabregas "for the future" and when Thiago got promoted, that all 3 of them would be gone and that, instead, Rakitic, Suarez and Neymar would be the ones scoring 3 years later in the CL final?

In football things change very fast. There is no pressing need right now to replace any key player and in 3 years lots of things can happen.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:15 pm

Also lol @ Suarez will be too slow at 31. It's quite the opposite. The fact that Suarez' game doesn't depend on speed even in his prime will make him even more durable once he's old. He already doesn't depend on speed or acceleration at all so he's got nothing to lose in that department. He's pure instinct, movement and shooting technique. Will probably last until he's 60. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Deulofeu has been sitting on the bench plenty at Everton and hasn't kicked up a fuss Laughing

That being said I'm not sure he really suits us. His play is great for Everton who have Lukaku in the box and others supporting running into the box as well, because Deuloefeu's delivery is absolutely delicious, but that doesn't really work as much here. He would be nice on the counter and his like up play is decent, but I'm not sure he's the necessary impact player we would need.

I wouldn't mind Nolito but I think that the buying of older players is certainly a worry. It might not be a worry right now, but you guys act like it will be easy to just replace a couple of the players in 3-4 years and move on the older players like it's nothing. If we use the lineup donuts posted, in just three years 6 of those starting XI will be over 30, in four that goes to 7. Players don't magically decline at 30/31 but it's certainly a worry because not every player is Dani Alves who is a freak physically. We should be looking towards the future in trying to fix this problem, not making it worse by buying even more old players on large wages.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:21 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Donuts wrote:who would you recommend we buy than?

long term plan?

that's not how it works though. by going with what you said in 4 years the average age of the first 11 will be around 31. that's too old. suarez is already slow imagine him in 3 years. 2 of the 3 strikers will be too slow. add to that 2 old midfielders and 3 30+ defenders. this is a team with nearly unlimited funds we're talking about. I expect from the current crop only busquets, messi and Neymar to be around in 2020.

i'd be happy with that though.

in 3-4 years time you don't think we'd get new players or promote someone new? lol don't be so stupid
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:30 pm

That's why it's smart to plan ahead now, instead of looking to spend a wad of cash on guys that are older than the first team players. If not, in 3-4 years we are gonna need to replace almost the entire first team plus the bench lol.

Look at Turan, our Iniesta for the future. Dudes only 2 years younger than Iniesta and doesn't exactly play lights out. Or if he was the Pedro replacement, he offers about as many goals as Pedro offered us and is slower and same age as Pedro. Dudes probably gonna decline around the same time Iniesta does, and cost us a $35M. How is that a wise investment?

And again, this is just a jab at how our club views our issues in the long term. I'll have to disagree with anybody who acts like our club has some great master plan and is on point.

Last edited by windkick on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:33 pm

in 12/13

GK's: Valdes, Pinto, Oier
RB's: Alves, Montoya
CB's: Pique, Mascherano, Puyol, Bartra
LB's: Alba, Abidal, Adriano
CM's: Buscuit, Xavi, Iniesta, Song, Cesc, JDS, Thiago
Forwards: Cuenca, Tello, Sanchez, Pedro, Villa, Messi

that's 16/25 players no longer here just 3 years after...

that's how transfer work people are not so permanent and people seem to forget that for some reason.

now buying a youngster with large potential is great and all but most of the time the actual potential they reach is never good enough for barca.
hate on turan all you want but he so far has done everything we've needed and hasn't disrupted the team's form at all.
that's something you can expect from already developed players like nolito/turan etc AND they already know what squad role they are going to get, which is most likely a rotation role.

Last edited by Donuts on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:38 pm

Right but only a few of those guys were starters or got much playing time.

I mean you guys do make some great points as well, I don't see to the point in discussing this further. I just hope this club doesn't get run to the ground because i love it allot and want whats best for it Smile

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:13 am

Can someone explain to me why we're signing a winger at all?

MSN

Arda

Munir

Sandro

Some La Masia guy can fill in if need be.

Just what is it that we gain by singing him?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:36 am

my belief is that nolito is more of a direct substitute to suarez + a more reliable substitute to msn

rumor is sandro is gonna leave
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:29 am

These two futbols posts at the top of the page should have ended this ridiculous debate.

What do these players or coaches still have to prove for you to stop complaining. People will always find something to complain about even when everything's fine.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:29 am

To be honest, I didn't even read futbol's post. They are too long, worthless and himself doesn't belief most of what he says.

I don't understand Luis Enrique's obsession in stockpiling players. It's like he has diogenes syndrome. Why buy Denis Suarez when you already have 8 quality central midfielders? Why keep Adriano and Bartra if they are not to be used? Why buy Nolito if you already have 5 forwards and several players who can slot in? If Luis Enrique doesn't trust Sandro and Munir, we need a CF sub, not a winger.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:50 am

Futbol is the only one on here telling it like it actually is lol

Rest thinks they know better than a treble winning coach. Grow up.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:52 am

Yeah, someone who doesn't understant the purpose and function of a youth system is telling it like it is. LOL.

You should understand that a winning coach can be mistaken and especially have a too short term point of view. This has been obvious repeatedly with Mourinho, who has won a lot but has always left his clubs in shatters and full of 30 year olds. While it was obvious that Guardiola thought for the future, it isn't obvious with Luis Enrique.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:58 am

So winning treble makes Lucho untouchable huh? I don't think so. People like Pep are getting thrashed for their decisions and quite frankly Pep has more talent in his little finger than Lucho could ever have. Lucho has won so much trophies I agree but he also has made some vague decisions but thanx to our star power we pulled it through. So ya he deserves respect and no he is not above criticism especially regarding managing youth.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:05 pm

Not sure why you'd think Lucho doesn't care about the future as well. He's giving changes to Sergi Roberto, he's given chances go samper, to kaptoum, several chances to Munir or Sandro.

Get your chit together.

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Agreed with Pirlo and Free on this one.

You also forget we had a transfer ban and Rafinha got injured for the season and Alves was out for some time in the start. He had no choice but to give Sergi a ton of chances. Samper and Kaptoum got like 1-2 chances at best, and Aitor (our B team top scorer) was released for free. Also, remember he preferred to use that goofy clumsy Gumbau on many occasions over Samper and Kaptoum who look allot more promising yet he pretty much ignored them in preseason and when we had an injury crisis. Grimaldo, our top prospect in some time was sold and instead keeps giving chances to Mathieu at LB who sucks at that position (Mathieu himself says he sucks and doesn't understand why he's played there).

Btw, the buy back option for Deulofeu is allot cheaper than Nolito's buy out clause, and at 21 years old and very limited chances is the 2nd leading assists guy in the EPL with 8. Not only that, he can play on both wings while Nolito primarily plays on the left, and has not bitched at all at having a bench role at Everton. So I would be all for bringing back him back as oppose to Nolito, given that Deulofeu can only improve while Nolito is pretty much already at his peak.

As Pirlo said, Lucho won allot but let's not erase over some glaring issues Lucho has.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Oh, so let me get this straight. Lucho isn't perfect!? That's unbelievable! I might ruin the night for you but, you know, nobody's perfect... The key is to make the least mistakes possible and Lucho does exactly that. You can't please everyone at once.

I'm not following you guys... Do you think this is a video game?

He's playing great with the cards he has if that's the case.

Lastly, how can you claim playing Gumbau over Samper or Kaptoum is a glaring mistake?! Do you see them training everyday? Do you talk with them? Luchos got an eye on them and knows what's best for his team.

Anyway, mistakes are also important because you learn form them. Under pressure it's easy to make them. From your cosy couch sitting on your soft pillows you might act like a badass. Nothing but act though.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:23 pm

I think as easily as you think we are over reading things, I can say you are over simplifying.

No one is perfect? Wow, here I thought everyone was
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next