Glory
free_cat
Sri
Hapless_Hans
57 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

What will Pep do next?

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_lcap11%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_lcap0%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_lcap32%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_lcap15%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:14 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:While I agree with the point you're making, let's just agree to disagree on the view of the state Bayern were in, because I wouldn't call what they did "choking", but that's probably a whole other can of worms, so let's leave it at that.

Fair enough.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 16 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by Doc Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:28 pm

I don't believe, well stopped believing in the whole mantra of managers need to "prove themselves". Personally think they have done that by actually being a football manager at the highest level but whatever. Pep's job is football management and he would go where it would be comfortable for him and his family so for him to "prove himself" is pretty much a non entity at this point.

That being said, any club in the BPL would be more of a challenge to his abilities than at Bayern. I'm sorry but Bayern rarely gets challenged in their own league often and since he has been there, it's been ridiculous smooth sailing. BPL would definitely light a fire under him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Doc wrote:I don't believe, well stopped believing in the whole mantra of managers need to "prove themselves". Personally think they have done that by actually being a football manager at the highest level but whatever. Pep's job is football management and he would go where it would be comfortable for him and his family so for him to "prove himself" is pretty much a non entity at this point.

That being said, any club in the BPL would be more of a challenge to his abilities than at Bayern. I'm sorry but Bayern rarely gets challenged in their own league often and since he has been there, it's been ridiculous smooth sailing. BPL would definitely light a fire under him.

I've never really understood this either. I mean Rafa won 2 league titles with Valencia and UEFA cup if I remember, he took Liverpool to 2 finals winning one of them, despite that their are some who don't rate him or at least as high as he should be, because he did prove himself at lesser clubs.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:35 am

L'Equipe: Man Utd directors have met with Pep Guardiola
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:42 am

If i were him i would choose Manchester United, it has more prestige and history than ony other club on the PL except Liverpool.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Claudio84 wrote:If i were him i would choose Manchester United, it has more prestige and history than ony other club on the PL except Liverpool.

Prestige and history mean zilch atm. You're starting to make us sound like Liverpool. City have a better squad, better structure, better youth system and are better than us atm.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:32 pm

jibers wrote:
Claudio84 wrote:If i were him i would choose Manchester United, it has more prestige and history than ony other club on the PL except Liverpool.

Prestige and history mean zilch atm. You're starting to make us sound like Liverpool. City have a better squad, better structure, better youth system and are better than us atm.
I don't agree with them parts tbh
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Unique wrote:
jibers wrote:

They got the ex porting director of Barcelona. They renovated their youth complexes, expanded their scouting network. There was even an article about it. SAF used one guy to scout in his time at United and our scouting network was very limited tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:06 pm

jibers wrote:
Unique wrote:
jibers wrote:

They got the ex porting director of Barcelona. They renovated their youth complexes, expanded their scouting network. There was even an article about it. SAF used one guy to scout in his time at United and our scouting network was very limited tbh.
have they ever had a good player come from the youth set up. plus they have so much money they will always just buy players instead of develop them same as Chelsea.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Unique wrote:
jibers wrote:
Unique wrote:

have they ever had a good player come from the youth set up. plus they have so much money they will always just buy players instead of develop them same as Chelsea.

That's why they restructured it. It will take about 8-10 years to start seeing fruits of the investment.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:21 pm

jibers wrote:
Unique wrote:
jibers wrote:

That's why they restructured it. It will take about 8-10 years to start seeing fruits of the investment.
they hope.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:36 pm

People don't like it but with the right coach/manager City could be a European powerhouse for the forseeable future. They have the money, the structure, and they already have a great number of elite players on their team. They need to be reinforced in maybe one or two areas, but the only thing keeping them from being a top 5 team in the world right now is their set-up in Europe.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Curtinho wrote:People don't like it but with the right coach/manager City could be a European powerhouse for the forseeable future. They have the money, the structure, and they already have a great number of elite players on their team. They need to be reinforced in maybe one or two areas, but the only thing keeping them from being a top 5 team in the world right now is their set-up in Europe.

I'd love for Pep to flop at City as much as the next guy, probably more.

I'd love it if it turns out the PL is a different beast and the City team isn't as great and he'll have trouble getting them to play his football etc, bla bla bla.

But in reality, we all know how this will play out.

Pep will take over.

City will win the first PL game in convincing style.

Then they'll win the next game, and the next game, and so on.
They'll just win every *bleep* game until they maybe draw or lose one after 10 games or so.

Like at Barca, like at Bayern. He won't fail to deliver. His teams have awe-inspiring league consistency.

Europe will be a bit different, there it will be CL quarters/semis and then everything's open.
Like with Bayern too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Man Utd deny meeting Guardiola, according to BBC.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:50 pm

As much as I'd love for Pep to flop myself I know with his specific style and the players/money available to him at City as well as their new Academy and coaches it would be very hard for any manager to fail there let alone one as accomplished as Pep.

I still think that he'll be the one to take them to the next step in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised at all for them to win the CL within 2 years of his joining.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Curtinho wrote:As much as I'd love for Pep to flop myself I know with his specific style and the players/money available to him at City as well as their new Academy and coaches it would be very hard for any manager to fail there let alone one as accomplished as Pep.

I still think that he'll be the one to take them to the next step in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised at all for them to win the CL within 2 years of his joining.

I agree, but you can't plan a CL win. You simply can't.
So I don't think they'll win the CL within 2 years of his joining.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Pep should release his own show on tactics imo. Would draw millions.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:12 pm

I can imagine Futbol would be there, asking some ridiculously hard and probably stupid questions to get himself either kicked out or pelt with a shoe.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Onyx wrote:Man Utd deny meeting Guardiola, according to BBC.

you mean Man United denied meeting a manager, while already employing a Manager....shocking stuff Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:27 pm

B-Mac wrote:

you mean Man United denied meeting a manager, while already employing a Manager....shocking stuff Laughing

it's a BS story though. Dont get you hopes up. Pep is going to City.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

it's a BS story though. Dont get you hopes up. Pep is going to City.

agreed the BBC story is bs :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Just saying.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:46 am

"Guardiola is a guy that I really admire and who I would love to work with," said Neymar.

Neymar to City it is then.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16