Bellabong
S
sportsczy
barca 2011
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where will Pep go next?

Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_lcap4%Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_lcap19%Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_lcap11%Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_lcap44%Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 12 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_lcap4%Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_lcap11%Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_lcap3%Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_lcap0%Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_lcap0%Where will Guardiola go next? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 27

Where will Guardiola go next? Empty Where will Guardiola go next?

Post by barca 2011 Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:49 pm

An almost inevitable thread with the amount of speculation going on at the moment surrounding Pep's next move, we needed it. But speculation surrounding Pep's next job began way before he left his first professional managerial job at Barca and that buzz is stronger than ever at the moment when there is not even a sure signal that Pep will return to football in the near future. He is truly the most wanted so below are all possible destinations that he has been linked with ("linked with" being used very loosely in some cases) at one point or another in the last few years and I tried to list them with the likelier options first. I tried. Here are the 16 (yes 16) possible teams that he has been linked with:

Chelsea - This seems likely because of the strong squad, the current manager and the potential for a ridiculously lucrative contract for Pep. Still it's a bit early to get rid of Benitez if he can win the CWC and turn their PL form around.

Man City - Also very likely as Pep's most probable destination is somewhere in England. Mancini had a disastrous CL campaign and is not in the PL's pole position as of yet. This is another cash rich club which could not only splash the cash for Pep but could also afford him almost anyone. Almost.

Man United - Man Utd. are currently doing well in the PL, they're in Europe so the biggest factor for this move might come down to how much longer SAF wants to stick around for. He will stick around for as long as he bloody well pleases it seems too. This is where Pep would undoubtedly have the biggest shoes to fill.

Milan - He's been linked quite a bit to a move to Milan as of late and given their current position it could prove to be an interesting challenge. But with his man management skills and Milan's younger players he could no doubt do well. He also has knowledge of the Italian game having played in Italy.

Inter - A similar case as AC Milan, He'd be going to the same city, same stadium and the same league where he played for a few years. They also won a treble under Mou in the very next season that he won his with Barca, so as with Man U, he could go for it with two different clubs. That would be GOAT!!!

Arsenal - Another English club which he has been heavily linked too very recently given Arsenal's recent form. They already have a playing style similar to what he employs, an emphasis on the club's youth and the potential for Pep to redeem himself by being able to make better transfers than he did at Barca. Although because it's Wenger, I don't think it's as likely.

Spain - Pep is almost certain to return to club football since he is still a very young manager but seeing as to how a WC is coming up, VdB is getting no younger and Spain is a team that has dominated the last 4 years with mostly Barca players you cant fully rule this one out, although it's still unlikely. It's also unlikely that VdB would replace Mou at Madrid leaving a vacant Spain job but we've seen crazier. But Pep would probably have his best shot at winning a WC with this (pretty much his) Spain team.

Qatar - Now we're getting into the fantasy teams. Pep played in Qatar during the final stages of his career and is known to have enjoyed his time there. He was linked to a move to Qatar back in May of 2011 and while it seems incredibly unlikely the only thing about the story that was not unlikely was the 36M Euro price that they had been rumoured to offer. They can afford it, and that was offered over a year ago.

EDIT: PSG - Although they're lower in the list PSG should defintely also be considered given their project and almost endless financial capabilities. Apparently they have already approached him and I would love to see this happen just to see Ibra Vs. Pep PT. II

Russia - This was another rumor which never really came into fruition but Pep was linked with replacing Advocaat when he left the job and apparently there was even a preliminary agreement signed at one point. Also, Spartak Moscow owner and oil tycoon Leonid Fedun was willing to help fund this move as well.

Return to Barca - I think that this was one of those rumours that began right after Pep left Barca. Tito hadn't even been given a chance and many thought that the second things got tough for Tito Pep would be called right back. I really don't think that will happen now.

Brazil (before 2014) - This one actually seemed possible a few months ago but it seems as if the appointment of Scolari combined with the Brazilian public's unwillingness to appoint a foreign coach has all but shut this option out completely. Although the thought of Pep winning a WC with Brazil, in Brazil is just :bow:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the sake of the poll I left these out to keep the poll options at 12 but there have been links nonetheless:

EDIT: Bayern Munich - This has been the only Bundesliga link as of late and has been pretty prevalent as well. They look strong this year as they have for a while now and Pep was even rumoured to be brushing up on his German.

Roma - He was once linked while coaching Barca and the only relation to the club is that he once played for them. Aside from that there is really nothing else cementing this link.

Brescia - And this is his least likely option when it comes to club football. They are currently in Serie B and while he also played for Brescia and they haven't been a powerhouse at any time as of late he has still been linked with them for a managerial position on a few occasions. This job would be quite a challenge.

Madrid - NEITHER party would ever agree to this but there have been some links floating around. Again, the term "linked with" is being used INCREDIBLY loosely here.

I don't think this poll has a need for the "other" option so go ahead, cast your votes and lets hope he doesn't troll us all by just opting to take the Catalunya NT job fulltime.

Last edited by barca 2011 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Where will Guardiola go next? Empty Re: Where will Guardiola go next?

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:51 pm

PSG has already had meetings with him twice in November. You have to put them in the mix... although i hope Carlo succeeds and stays.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:PSG has already had meetings with him twice in November. You have to put them in the mix... although i hope Carlo succeeds and stays.
Agreed. And I never even realized how many options this man has til tonight ffs.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:16 pm

He has so many options that this can serve as a great prediction thread Laughing

Its between QSG,Man City and Chelsea imo but i voted for Man City since Txiki Begiristain is already at the club i would assume he would do everything in his powers to convince Pep to take the Manchester job and ofcourse he'd have unlimited resources to work with.Mancini will be gone after this season imo.And its not like City need an overhaul in their squad either ,they only need to improve their midfield suitable for Pep's style of play.But again you could give similar arguments in PSG and Chelsea's case so in the end its just a prediction from my side.

I dont think Milan and Inter can afford him ,both dont seem like the ideal destinations either due to the lack of financial resources.At Man United he would have to wait longer if he wants the job but reports do suggest that he is eager to return back to management ASAP so you can rule them out too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Surag wrote:He has so many options that this can serve as a great prediction thread Laughing

Its between QSG,Man City and Chelsea imo but i voted for Man City since Txiki Begiristain is already at the club i would assume he would do everything in his powers to convince Pep to take the Manchester job and ofcourse he'd have unlimited resources to work with.Mancini will be gone after this season imo.And its not like City need an overhaul in their squad either ,they only need to improve their midfield suitable for Pep's style of play.But again you could give similar arguments in PSG and Chelsea's case so in the end its just a prediction from my side.

I dont think Milan and Inter can afford him ,both dont seem like the ideal destinations either due to the lack of financial resources.At Man United he would have to wait longer if he wants the job but reports do suggest that he is eager to return back to management ASAP so you can rule them out too.

I forgot about Txiki, good point. But knowing Pep I'd have to see him at a cash rich club first to believe it. I couldn't tell you his intentions but he seems to enjoy more of a challenge. At the same time, with those resources he could mold a club that could rival Barca. Interesting possibilities.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 pm

If he really wants a challenge then look no further than Roma..Closest club to Barca atm in terms of style blessed with players having superb technique from top to bottom..

-They are not broke like the Milan clubs and can actually afford to spend..Ofcourse not in City or PSG quantities but just about enough for Pep to be able to build a team.I believe the foundation to the team has already been laid anyway for him to takeover right away.

-They have talented youth coming up through their ranks just what bodes in line with Pep's 'philosophy'..Players such as Florenzi,Nico Lopez etc.Besides their transfer policy has been that of recruiting young talented players as well

-Roma's American owners would want a swift return to the top.Right now i'd say they are in a 'rebuilding' phase atm so in time it would be perfect for someone like Pep to takeover as like i said Zeman has given an identity to this team and thereby laying a solid foundation.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Huh? You left out Bayern in a top 12 for Chelsea which he's pretty much flat-out refused?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:21 pm

One more year of a sabbatical and then he'll take over for Heynckes. :coffee:
I wrote that as a light trolling attempt, but TBH it doesn't sound ridiculous now that I read it again. He really is a good fit for Bayern, though they'll probably gun for a German.

Either that or he'll go looking for a challenge, but TBH we know nothing about his wage demands, and those clubs ambitions or plans; maybe they still regard Pep as "untested" as some posters here do; since he's pretty much "only" coached Barca.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Pep go to Roma and win a sixtuple please
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Bayern.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:05 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
Surag wrote:He has so many options that this can serve as a great prediction thread Laughing

I forgot about Txiki, good point. But knowing Pep I'd have to see him at a cash rich club first to believe it. I couldn't tell you his intentions but he seems to enjoy more of a challenge. At the same time, with those resources he could mold a club that could rival Barca. Interesting possibilities.

Also there is Ferran Soriano who is the current CEO of City, he served as Financial Vice-President at Barcelona.

I am also going to with City, i think they hired the people he would trust and that will support his agenda. City is the best fit for Pep imo.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:19 pm

PSG owners like Mou more than Pep though, because they are into instant gratification. I personally don't think this is the best destination for him since i believe his style will take a while to implement. It's not like Barca where the core players were raised into his style.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:22 pm

I just have the feeling it will be spain.. I think vdb will consider retirement after the wc, or at least a return to club management

and pep will obviously be one of the first approached for the job and i think it will be a tough one for him to turn down.

the timing just makes sense to me.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:39 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:I just have the feeling it will be spain.. I think vdb will consider retirement after the wc, or at least a return to club management

and pep will obviously be one of the first approached for the job and i think it will be a tough one for him to turn down.

So you think he'll take a sabbatical of another 2 years ? Or technically 1.5 years after the World Cup of 2014 which finishes in July.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Qatar is fairly obvious destination for few reasons:

- He has already made a non winning club team to a winning team
- He has won it all already multiple times at club level
- He hasn't done anything in NT-level
- It's less risky job for career, even if he don't succeed
- Because of that it's less stressful
- 36M a year is the final nail in the coffin,
- Because 36M x 10 years is 360M is worth,
- Of three reasons
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Surag wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:I just have the feeling it will be spain.. I think vdb will consider retirement after the wc, or at least a return to club management

So you think he'll take a sabbatical of another 2 years ? Or technically 1.5 years after the World Cup of 2014 which finishes in July.

well if vdb really is stepping down, (which is purely guesswork at this point) they will most likey know by this summer, and thats when people will start being approached and pep will be probably the first on their list.

so either way, (club or country), i think he will know where hes going by next summer.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t21632-which-club-will-guardiola-go-to-next

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Premature topic.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 pm

jiopsi wrote:Qatar is fairly obvious destination for few reasons:

- Of three reasons

Also he's worked with Qatar before, in their World Cup bid.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 pm

- Of three reasons
:facepalm:
That's what a mediocre whore coach or an old one would do ... We are talking about a young coach in his prime hungry of challenges, not about a 70 yrs old manager who wants to ensure his nephew's wealth and has no more ambitions in life...

Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Yeah, Guardiola really doesn't look like a person to go coach Qatar - effectively knowing it's a doomed project and being there just for the money.

But I also don't understand how on earth is AC Milan leading this poll...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:21 pm

tuddor wrote:

- Of three reasons
That's what a mediocre whore coach or an old one would do ... We are talking about a young coach in his prime hungry of challenges, not about a 70 yrs old manager who wants to ensure his nephew's wealth and has no more ambitions in life...

What on earth would be a challenge on the club level? The challenge lies in NT-level for him, and to get payed 2-3 times more, for less stressful job (which was the reason why he quit Barcelona), I think it's rather logical. What a let down would it be if he would choose any of the clubs above.

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 pm

jiopsi wrote:
tuddor wrote:

- Of three reasons

What on earth would be a challenge on the club level? The challenge lies in NT-level for him, and to get payed 2-3 times more, for less stressful job (which was the reason why he quit Barcelona), I think it's rather logical. What a let down would it be if he would choose any of the clubs above.

The only national team he will manage is Portugal and they are not going to change manager until after 2014.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:57 pm

jiopsi wrote:
tuddor wrote:

- Of three reasons

So, in your opinion it would be a letdown to choose any of the clubs above (some of them legendary clubs), but it would be ok to take the prostitution path to Qatar.. Nice Very Happy
There's no challenge for Guardiola at the club level ?? rofl he took UCL with barca with the best players in this team's and spain's NT history... I'm not saying he didn't have a big contribution, but he is far away from being called a top 5 all time manager based on Barca's achievements... He can prove his abilities with a club that has less value players!
Take UCL with Brescia, that's a challenge!
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Pep is going to stay in NYC (In the GOAT USA) and take over as manager of the New York Red Bulls...

And they will somehow still fail to win a Cup :bow: :bow: :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next