izzy
VendettaRed07
Abramovich
McAgger
Freeza
21 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:36 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
izzy wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:Meh, I rate hitting somebody with a crossover, splitting the D and playing a no look pass to the corner higher than turning and shooting it over your shoulder.

The ultimate "style over substance" quote.

Which is odd because you're a LeBron lover.........

I'm just saying perimeter players are far more skilled than big men mate

Disagree with that tbh, especially when it attains to the best ever.

Duncan, KG, Dream, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt and Russell are/were incredibly skilled. Sure they can't do certain things, but you can attribute that to perimeter players as well.

He's not in that class, but Webber would shit on a lot of great guards when it comes to skill level. Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Dream got better skills than Lebron. Dream got a better jumper ffs Laughing

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Anyway, how bad has Harden been this year so far?

This dude has 10 games where he has shot more 10 or more 3's.
11 games with 10 or more FTs.

Shooting 40% and 29% from 3. :facepalm:

AWFUL. If this was Westbrook, people would be all over him.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:14 pm

His defense is disgusting lol, last year at least he tried but this year oh my it's terrible. Sixers guards were having career nights against him. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:How do you go from that, to no big men are in your best player of all time?

Perimeter players have more "skills".

Big men control the paint (the most important area on the floor) on both ends.

You can prefer little guys over bigs, but the "best" players are surely those who impact the game the most? And the elite big men controlled the game more than the little guys, obviously.

The majority of them control the game based on size alone really. How many times have you played pick up ball and a big guy dominated because of size alone? Its an unfair advantage tbh. If you're 7 feet tall and have good coordination you have a chance of playing at a high level because of that alone Laughing

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:
izzy wrote:

The ultimate "style over substance" quote.

Which is odd because you're a LeBron lover.........

I'm just saying perimeter players are far more skilled than big men mate

Disagree with that tbh, especially when it attains to the best ever.

Duncan, KG, Dream, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt and Russell are/were incredibly skilled. Sure they can't do certain things, but you can attribute that to perimeter players as well.

He's not in that class, but Webber would shit on a lot of great guards when it comes to skill level. Laughing

The GOAT big men are skilled yeah, but not like the other guys IMO. I mean why do I have to rank Bill Russell higher than Kobe, because of 11 rings? He was known as a great defender and rebounder. You will never see a perimeter player be ranked so highly for such a small skillset. They have to be the whole package so to speak, they have to work harder.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Great defender and rebounder is selling him extremely short. He could run the break and did often lol.

Like saying Wilt only dunked on people because he was physically better than the rest when he had an unstoppable fadeaway while Dirk wasn't even born lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:02 pm

Swagg, basketball is a Big Mans game, that's why the majority of the greatest players of all time are big men.

The little guys do have to work harder to match-up to the impact of a big man, but that's why when you see a little guy dominate on the court like a Magic, Bird, MJ, Robertson, LeBron, Kobe you put them up there with the greatest because they are having a "similar" impact as a big man would have.

But still, Big Men dominate this game, you need to rate men highly, regardless of what you think of their skill-set. That level of dominance is something you can't compete with as a little guy unless you are the aforementioned.

They literally control the game. Look at Dwight in Orlando.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Defender and rebounder my ass Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:19 pm

KD getting at the press again hmm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 CVFA_DlUEAEbgU7

Preach :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:26 pm

What's he saying this time? Laughing

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:28 pm

You can't see the image hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:28 pm

What image?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Okay that's weird, i posted an image of what he said and you can't see it lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Anyway https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/671389271916453889
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Is he crazy? Suspect

That's some stupid shit right there.

"Treated him badly?"
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Nah i agree with him, they have been talking shit about him the last few years. I guarantee this won't happen when Lebron is about to retire.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:46 pm

The last few years? What 3 years?

KD is full of shit and that notion that Kobe was not treated well by the media is full of shit.

It has taken the end of Kobe's career for people to start saying more vocally that:

1) He isolates his teammates.
2) He is not an efficient scorer.
3) He routinely under cut Phil Jackson.
4) He was not as "clutch" as the media as portrayed him to be.
5) A REFUSAL to adapt his game to accommodate his teammates.

That is BULLSHIT. The only thing he got heavy criticism for was the Shaq beef and the rape case.

Lebron? The guy got nationwide criticism for averaging 38/8/8/1/1 on 48% against the Magic in 2009 because he wasn't "clutch" enough and didn't want to win badly enough.

Kobe is one of the best to ever do it, but to act like the guy has been treated unfairly is flat out crap.

20 year career, he was praised for 16 of them. Outta here with that.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:31 pm

The media criticism I see of Kobe is more social media. Most reporters/beat writers from what I've seen have been respectful, but maybe I've missed some quotes.

LeBron would also be getting killed on SM if he was playing as bad as Kobe right now. His attempted game tying 3 last night was just painful to watch.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:40 pm

izzy wrote:The little guys do have to work harder to match-up to the impact of a big man, but that's why when you see a little guy dominate on the court like a Magic, Bird, MJ, Robertson, LeBron, Kobe you put them up there with the greatest because they are having a "similar" impact as a big man would have.

That's basically it right there.. That is why I put them on a pedestal.. Heck I would take prime Shaq over almost anybody to be on my team because he was dominant as shit, but I don't think he is 'greater' than those perimeter GOATS
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:45 pm

izzy wrote:The last few years? What 3 years?

KD is full of shit and that notion that Kobe was not treated well by the media is full of shit.

It has taken the end of Kobe's career for people to start saying more vocally that:

1) He isolates his teammates.
2) He is not an efficient scorer.
3) He routinely under cut Phil Jackson.
4) He was not as "clutch" as the media as portrayed him to be.
5) A REFUSAL to adapt his game to accommodate his teammates.

That is BULLSHIT. The only thing he got heavy criticism for was the Shaq beef and the rape case.

Lebron? The guy got nationwide criticism for averaging 38/8/8/1/1 on 48% against the Magic in 2009 because he wasn't "clutch" enough and didn't want to win badly enough.

Kobe is one of the best to ever do it, but to act like the guy has been treated unfairly is flat out crap.

20 year career, he was praised for 16 of them. Outta here with that.

Nah you have dickheads like ESPN coming out and saying his career wasn't as great as advertised and trying to devalue it because an old guy can't hack it anymore.

It's nonsense and completely out of bounds. If they were just calling him out for playing badly i'd agree, but you got people writing articles about how he's overrated, not top 10 and using advanced metrics as the reason lol and saying his career wasn't that great.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:48 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
The Franchise wrote:How do you go from that, to no big men are in your best player of all time?

Perimeter players have more "skills".

Big men control the paint (the most important area on the floor) on both ends.

You can prefer little guys over bigs, but the "best" players are surely those who impact the game the most? And the elite big men controlled the game more than the little guys, obviously.

The majority of them control the game based on size alone really. How many times have you played pick up ball and a big guy dominated because of size alone? Its an unfair advantage tbh. If you're 7 feet tall and have good coordination you have a chance of playing at a high level because of that alone Laughing

Yeah...ok...so then, they are the "best" arent they.

I totally get everything your saying, I dont agree with it all, but I totally get it. But what I dont get is how you connect that to leaving them out of all time great lists.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:46 am

So far, Goran Dragic's contract looks terrible. He doesn't seem to be a good fit in Miami's half court offense.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:49 am

Watching Spurs and Bulls, it's a good game so far. Biggest takeaway is McDermott looks better than Rose Laughing

Yeah he looks that bad.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:49 am

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/671496583830093824

lmao. James Haren's defense: the gift that keeps on giving
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:51 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Watching Spurs and Bulls, it's a good game so far. Biggest takeaway is McDermott looks better than Rose Laughing

Yeah he looks that bad.

I wanna drop his ass in fantasy but I know if I do he'll eventually get his vision back and start balling.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next